Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

55 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Kinda feels Ike I am the only guy here sometimes lol :wink:

Aigoo, don’t feel bad. It’s true that Soompi is dominated by female voices but we do appreciate the male POV. Quite often our vision is obscured by a hot oppa. At least you guys can see things more objectively  :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

16 minutes ago, triplem said:

Aigoo, don’t feel bad. It’s true that Soompi is dominated by female voices but we do appreciate the male POV. Quite often our vision is obscured by a hot oppa. At least you guys can see things more objectively  :lol:

Hahaha :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, triplem said:

I’m kind of confused about why they are mad at Eric & his Father. Also grandfather’s death is an accident. It feels like much ado about nothing. Not sure if I’m missing the point. OJD is hiding because he does not want to make the zithers anymore right ? Or is there more to it ? I know he feels bad about grandpa , and thinks he is somehow responsible for the old man’s death. 

HSJ should really cut mum off , the latter is insufferable. She probably takes the cake as the most awful k drama Mother I hv seen( granted I hv not seen that many family weekend dramas) . Also I think  EJ is in for a rude awakening. She thinks she’s set up a Brilliant trap to create a rift btwn the OTP. But seeing how protective HSJ is of his true identity at the police station, she’s not going to expose him when she  finds out the truth. What would really be a nice twist is that OJD does the documentary knowing how important it is to HSJ , that will be a real good slap on EJ’s face. 

@meechuttso OJD is just the cutest country bumpkin. His agyeo is killing me . I crack up every time he calls her  jagiya! So I think first kiss will come in eps15 /16...

lovey post @USAFarmgirl, I love how protective they  are of each other ! 

1. The elders are mad because he got rich by mass-producing gayageums, for them they are not good and real gayageums. That's why the musician in the first episode after being criticized took somehow revenge on Eric by saying that the instrument wasn't good at all while destroying it. Then we shouldn't forget that the grandfather's business failed.
  2. The other reason that they are mad could be that they know about the seal. OJD was kind of forced to sell the grandfather's seal hence OJD could not officially take the grandfather's name and reputation. OJD is still producing gayageums but he does it incognito as he has no real "authority" to do it. Moreover, he feels that he shouldn't do it in the open as he was the one responsible for the grandfather's death.
  3. I agree with you... I am quite sure that HSJ will prefer to give up her dream than reveal his identity.
  4. JEJ needs to get some real good slap from the elders, once they hear the whole story because no one knows except Eric and his father. 
  5. As for HSJ's responsability, I doubt that OJD knows the real story behind it. We viewers saw the real story but neither HSJ nor the mother told exactly what happened. I hope, OJD discovers it and confronts the mother because she can not blame a child who was about to die herself. And I also believe that once HSJ also discovers the whole story behind the grandfather's death, she will confront JEJ as well because so far, JEJ's reputation is intact. She didn't lose anything, while OJD lost everything. In fact, JEJ ran away in order to escape the guilt. 
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Heyyy!! I’m back!!! Real life caught up with me and I barely had time last night to watch the last 2 episodes!!!

Can these two get any more ADORABLE???? I’m loving the slow burning couple fire with a sprinkle of great chemistry!!!! :wub:

Plus OJD is fully aware he likes her already (bed scene conversation: ‘Why do you worry about me so much?’ ‘Well... have you never liked someone before?’)

OJD looking out for her... I just have no words for how much I’m enjoying these scenes.

And......this week’s prize for AWESOME, KICKASS, LOL, AMAZING goes to..........................

THE GRANNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D:lol:

OMG they rocked the show!!! and gave SJ’s mum what she deserved for being a nasty *****

My only worry: I hope this shows keeps this up bc I cannot stand unnecessary angst. I dropped Im Not a Rbot cos the angst was too hardcore for me.

While I know there will be some, I’m hopeful these two will continue to be straightforward and team up against all odds!

• Like 9

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o3_500.gif

This could be what happens to our JakDoo if he stays in the city for a long time after he marries SeungJoo. The mountain man needs to be free to roam - the dialog makes them look like they could be at a fertility clinic also - love these sloppy translations that lead to delicious little mishaps like this. :naughty: Look at the forceful expression on Uee!

More to come!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Even if the the second lead is a pain but I just want to point out that Jak Doo's grandpa died because he ran after Jak Doo.

Whatever decision Jak Doo made is squarely on his shoulders. If he decided to ignore his grandfather and drive away in anger that was his decision. To put the blame on that pesky second lead is too much. She is selfish and probably made unreasonable demands on Jak Doo but the decision was his alone and should be his alone to bear. You cannot transfer that guilt on to the JEJ no matter how much you dislike her.

Wah I feel dirty defending that woman.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hyall said:

Even if the the second lead is a pain but I just want to point out that Jak Doo's grandpa died because he ran after Jak Doo.

Whatever decision Jak Doo made is squarely on his shoulders. If he decided to ignore his grandfather and drive away in anger that was his decision. To put the blame on that pesky second lead is too much. She is selfish and probably made unreasonable demands on Jak Doo but the decision was his alone and should be his alone to bear. You cannot transfer that guilt on to the JEJ no matter how much you dislike her.

You are right that JD has some responsability in this but so does JEJ too. My problem with her is that she brushes it off. She doesn't actually feel guilty at all. Like Eric said, she came back in order to get everything which means: OJD and his skills. She thought, time would make it possible for them to be together.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, hyall said:

Ehhh I dont really agreed with that it cause and effect.

• Like 3

Jak Doo is not a child. He could see his grandfather chasing him. Why didn't he stop? He should have known his grandfather was too old and frail to do that? In fact to tell you the truth that scene bothered me seeing his grandfather running after him like that. He's totally to blame for that because he saw him chasing after him in the rear view mirror.

I do agree that EJ should feel sorry about what happened but Jak Doo was an adult that decided to drive off quite heartlessly while his grandfather ran after him.

Even then I have no wish to see him have any lingering feelings for that selfish woman. I just think that too much blame is being piled on that greedy wench.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

You are right that JD has some responsability in this but so does JEJ too. My problem with her is that she brushes it off. She doesn't actually feel guilty at all. Like Eric said, she came back in order to get everything which means: OJD and his skills. She thought, time would make it possible for them to be together.

Coming off a marathon weekend catastrophe of a drama gone off the rails, in which the leads were not bearable to watch towards the end on top of a ridiculous makjang-fest of a so called plot, I do not even pay attention to anything other than the OTP here. Wow, what a true pairing, this Jack and Joo :wink: Everything else is a helpful distraction that drives this precious pair together.

Side note, let's vote on a name for our OTP!

Jak-Doo + Seung-Joo. Hyuk + Seung-Joo. How about Doo-Joo? Joo-Doo? Hmm, not easy, this pair. Nothing naturally rolls off your tongue.

But everything else is so natural, this pair. The banghae.tumblr.com that someone here ( @triplem ?) referenced earlier has many excellent gifs much higher quality than what I could manage, and she seems to have noticed the same ones that I thought were gifworthy. So rather than repeat her work, I thought of moments I found to be special to gifiphy.

tumblr_p66ythuE401valxs7o6_500.gif

Did she speak for millions of viewers here?

Like most of us, she gets really weak at night, clinging to him.

Then the next morning:

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o5_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o6_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o7_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o8_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o9_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o10_500.gif

She tries to act more tough, but still like a schoolgirl, makes up excuses to hold and feel his hand, feigning surprise, "How do you get hands like that?".

Then trying to act tough, saying he needs her just for grabbing a single pickled vegetable leaf - this, actually, it's helpful to have another person, and I guess it's a unique Korean couple thing now that I think of it. :D She's saying, "Oppa, I wanna do couple things with you!"

When she asks if he can find his way to the bus station, his reply is what makes this drama very endearing to the Korean speaking listener - he says sweetly, "tie up your worry bundles" (simply translated don't worry about me), and one of the most attractive thing for Seung-Joo about this man is his soothing words and his soothing accent, which come straight from his soothing, warm and huge heart. His every sing-song country-bumpkin syllable is like balm for her heart.

Then the last gif where he closes his pretty eyes tight like a little boy - somehow Seung-Joo didn't melt and slide off the seat but managed to stay cool with her, "thanks to me you've become a (functional) man".

Soo many wanna-gif scenes between these two, I had to skip so much,

but strangely that short breakfast scene in Ep 7 was my favorite this weekend.

Few short seconds later, she's looking back from her car:

tumblr_p66ythuE401valxs7o8_500.gif

tumblr_p66ythuE401valxs7o9_500.gif

tumblr_p66ykshUG01valxs7o4_500.gif

Then just exasperated that he's really leaving her... :bawling: Maybe she was remembering his one last act of kindness to her that she didn't notice before....

Edited by meechuttso
Added many more gifs in the series for your optical pleasure.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This week I loved how they demonstrated how our two leads are actually a good fit for each other. 

In the restaurant scene, I thought it was interesting how not once did SJ look even remotely upset or disturbed by JD's "unclassy" behavior at the restaurant... something that I felt EJ would be a bit upset about like Eric was. I feel that where with EJ he has to put up an image, or she expects him to fix a certain image, SJ kind of lets him be as rough and casual as he wants... which is very much part of who he is and has been for the last several years. 

But it was very telling about his own emotions towards her as he actually "confessed" to SJ his name. He cares for her... a lot and I don't think he has cared for anyone since his grandfather passed away. And in a way, I feel that SJ's need to have someone take care of her kind of mimics in a way how JD's grandfather needed him. Except I don't see him abandoning her...even after finding out about the documentary. Because he cannot abandon someone again after his grandfather...he would be too worried. 

I have had the thought that he would come out to the world not because of the documentary or EJ, but because it would be the best way to somehow protect or take care of SJ. I do not believe for a second that SJ would expose JD, in fact, I can see her trying to protect him. Because while the world seems to think that SJ is cut throat opportunist, she is very protective of those who she cares about and loves. which we can see with he aunt and slowly coming out with JD. My guess is that SJ will find out, try to protect him and get into a big load of trouble...JD will get wind of it all and will out himself to keep SJ from getting hurt. 

But protecting SJ is really getting to be a thing for JD...and he appears to be taking it very seriously and is starting to go out of his way to take care of her.

• Like 9

22 hours ago, gusanito said:

And......this week’s prize for AWESOME, KICKASS, LOL, AMAZING goes to..........................

THE GRANNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D:lol:

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o5_500.gif

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o6_500.gif

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o8_500.gif

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o7_500.gif

You're so right  @gusanito so here you go! Where are your gifs?

Someone predicted that when the grannies come, there will be a bed scene. Well it was just a bedRoom scene, but without these Grannies, none of their sweet confessions...

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p67iqcJZq61valxs7o4_500.gif

Uee had turned down another Dirt Spoon role last year, but maybe it's because she somehow sensed another such role coming her way. This dirt-spoon story is not overdone, and I love how many things about this couple is understated, leaving some of it to us to fill in the gaps, imagining what's next! B) :phew:

Edited by meechuttso
I've got at least 5 more goid gifs u know. Post something, somebody, so I can finish these onws I'm saving!
  • Like 8

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on soompi.. that I’ve forgotten my old one and need a new account. :blink:

The bedtime conversation in twin yellow sleepwear was so sweet. Too bad our heroine is too clueless to realise why he asked her “have you never liked someone?” when she asked him why he kept worrying about her. I’m pretty sure JD put that toilet roll to “stop” HIMSELF from crossing the line. I guess we will be having a period of separation and pining/realisation in the next episode. JD is going to hide again. He’ll surely be back as soon as he realises she’s in danger. :D

Edited by aloraloralora
Added preview
  • Like 6

On 3/26/2018 at 11:17 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I am quite sure that HSJ will prefer to give up her dream than reveal his identity.

have to go back and watch this week's episodes when I am not having fever.. :(

while I agree that she would probably give up rather than reveal his identity, it does make me wonder whether it really is her dream. more than anything, she sounds really exhausted from the constant rat race and the need to prove herself to people who don't really care about her. more than anything, she seems to hunger for a sense of security and calm which jak doo is giving her. it feels like jak doo coming into her life is making her realize the things she wanted but was too busy to consider because she was just trying to survive. since her career is more of a survivor's objective, feel like she won't have any regrets not climbing up the ladder from the documentary. maybe, am wrong but can see them in the end both moving to the country and enjoying that life as she discovers what she really wants but was too afraid to ask herself because it seemed ridiculous

14 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

SJ kind of lets him be as rough and casual as he wants... which is very much part of who he is and has been for the last several years. 

she wasn't embarrassed either to take that mugwort/mushroom/ or whatever the grannies had made for her to distribute in the office. she was rather proud -- so it is not like she is embarrassed by these country roots at all. also think it is interesting that no one questions she would marry a country person instead of a city guy.

EDIT: @dramaninja ~ so am curious to see what you think about jak doo's point blank refusal to be even friends with eun joo. is he simply old fashioned like eun joo says?

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

have to go back and watch this week's episodes when I am not having fever.. :(

while I agree that she would probably give up rather than reveal his identity, it does make me wonder whether it really is her dream. more than anything, she sounds really exhausted from the constant rat race and the need to prove herself to people who don't really care about her. more than anything, she seems to hunger for a sense of security and calm which jak doo is giving her. it feels like jak doo coming into her life is making her realize the things she wanted but was too busy to consider because she was just trying to survive. since her career is more of a survivor's objective, feel like she won't have any regrets not climbing up the ladder from the documentary. maybe, am wrong but can see them in the end both moving to the country and enjoying that life as she discovers what she really wants but was too afraid to ask herself because it seemed ridiculous

she wasn't embarrassed either to take that mugwort/mushroom/ or whatever the grannies had made for her to distribute in the office. she was rather proud -- so it is not like she is embarrassed by these country roots at all. also think it is interesting that no one questions she would marry a country person instead of a city guy.

EDIT: @dramaninja ~ so am curious to see what you think about jak doo's point blank refusal to be even friends with eun joo. is he simply old fashioned like eun joo says?

I guess he knows he likes  her thats why he said man and women cant be friends ,or he is telling her he dont want to be just friends   lol

• Like 5

@Lmangla You are right to question if working for a Broadcast station is her real dream as her work has only her source of comfort and pride. Since she had no real family to comfort her or to be proud of her, her work meant everything.

Like you, I feel that HSJ's real dream has always been to have a real and true family to support you. She already senses that OJD means a lot to her hence she wanted him to stay. Little by little, she will realize that she wants more.

• Like 4

On 3/26/2018 at 3:32 AM, hushhh said:

Park Jung Soo  who plays Park Jung-Ok Han Seung-Joo's Mom played her "mother-in-law" in Marriage Contract.  In an interview she said she was alway cast in the same upper-class wife roles because that was how she was seen.  I hope she is enjoying playing the antithesis of what she usually plays. 

yea she looks like she is having fun. even in marriage contract, think she brought different nuances to a typical role that it made the relationship more complex than perhaps what it was... and she is doing it here as well. it is a complicated relationship between seung joo and her mother. on one hand, she blames her for her husband's death and on the other, it seems like she dislikes herself as seung joo reminds her of her worse self.... and despite it all, there is a part of each other where they do care about each other. while it may look like a simple happy ending in the end, for some reason, am thinking it won't be as simple as that....there will be nuances that will be bittersweet and will satisfy us hopefully...

On 3/26/2018 at 3:32 AM, hushhh said:

Don't have second lead syndrome, but I do feel for Eric being made to suffer for his awful father's behavior.

am really enjoying eric's potrayal and how he feels so different from the typical second lead. he actually respects her marriage and relationship with jak doo. while he might wonder what she saw in him, he is not thinking that he deserves her more and is trying to snatch her away. hilariously he is the one trying to keep his distance while she is almost chasing him. hahahha... even that phone call in the night was pretty funny based on jak doo's reaction -- he is sure acting like a husband no?

but more than anything, eric craves respect and it was so funny to see him light up like a puppy when she says that she respects him. given how much hard work she has put in, she recognizes his hard work beneath all that buffoonery. so it would be interesting to see how jak doo responds based on that respect.

instead of me hating the second lead, that prize goes to the sister-in-law of semi -- goodness, did anyone feel like slapping her when she said "you eat all this good food but don't get pregnant" and then asked her to make something to eat? :unamused:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Lmangla You are right to question if working for a Broadcast station is her real dream as her work has been her only source of comfort and pride. Since she had no real family to comfort her or to be proud of her, her work meant everything.

Like you, I feel that HSJ's real dream has always been to have a real and true family to support you. She already senses that OJD means a lot to her hence she wanted him to stay. Little by little, she will realize that she wants more.

I agree. Deep inside, HSJ hungers for a caring, warm family. OJD has been all that and more. ^_^

I’m pondering about the movie reservation in HSJ’s hands at the end of episode 8. It says Friday 23rd March morning 11.20-12.20. Episode 8 was on 24th March.. Anyhow a morning movie date sounds cute. Anyone knows what movie that is?

• Like 3