[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

But here above is yet another example of the "art of trying to sound like you're angry with one another so that the other party doesn't find out about your true feelings, and Failing!" Really like children, or little boys picking on little girls because they don't know what to do with their novel feelings over the girl - except here Seung-Joo's the one doing it to 'the boy' ! She's so adorably immature (trying to pretend to be a 35y.o. in the story but looking about 13 :tongue:).

kekeke... it is fun isn't it? usually it is the guy who is exhibiting this kind of behaviour but here it is seung joo who is swooning one moment and yelling angry the next. hahahahah.. while jak doo is so far oblivious of the effect he has on her. but when she impulsively asked if he wants to date her, he was so quiet and serious but he didn't look horrified. hahahah... and found it interesting that he said not to say things she does not mean because country people take stuff at face value -- made me think if it was a reflection of eun joo and his past relationship. did he feel like she told him things and didn't execute them? or if seung joo gets angry and backtracks, he will take it as loss of interest? so much to anticipate!!!!

23 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Finally caught up. This show is a gem. Can actually feel the chemistry between the leads and I like this modern yet original twist on a country guy x city girl pairing. I can’t wait to see their relationship develop and a kiss to happen, I sear when she got home from EJs house and he was on the couch giving her a wrist grab, I was expecting the kiss to happen right there and then! Ahhh my heart fluttered so much. I need more episodes. Can the weekend come sooner?

kekekek.... it almost seemed like seung joo wanted a kiss at that moment! and if he had leaned in, she would have totally gone for it. hahahhaha.... I was actually expecting her to fall asleep on his shoulder and to have them be cuddling the next morning and being shocked. ahahahha.. my imagination! but this was even better. yea, there was definitely an air of almost kiss. next week!!

3 hours ago, gusanito said:

Just by chance I started watching this last week and geeeezzz!!! There it is!!! These two are zoooming chemistry!! They are sooo natural together, I am completely invested in the strory. And I know it can go wrong in so many ways (ex trope, family trope...) but I honestly dont care, watching their scenes has me over the edge of my seat, smiling like an idiot and melting with the way OJD treats HSJ.

Fighting show!!!! I’m so happy I have found you :) 

same here!!!! have been in a drama slump for almost half a year and I have been dropping dramas like crazy as I found them all too heavy even if they were good. and yea, they have absolutely lovely chemistry that you buy that these two are going to end up together. last watched her in high society and I wanted to throttle both the leads. only reason I stuck through that drama was just for the chemistry for the second leads. so it is nice to see UEE back in form. and even with all the tropes, it feels fresh no? and yea, am totally swooning over the way jak doo treats seung joo. we all need a mountain man! my favourite scene was the love shot - waaah!!!! hahahaha... what was yours chingus? am feeling in a spazzy mood. 

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

my favourite scene was the love shot - waaah!!!! hahahaha... what was yours chingus? am feeling in a spazzy mood. 

I think this is the third time you told us? I have more other ones that come before that, chronologically, but enough of milking this. Without further delay, .... I give you:

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o10_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

:heart:  THE LOVESHOT   :heart:  - Historically unique and significant for its originality and purity.

In 2 easy installments. Comes complete with its own cheering section.

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o5_500.gif

Is he baptizing himself with a bit of left-over on his beanie hat and crossing himself while wiping his lips??

But my favorite is yet to come! So post a reply!

Her mother is a piece of work really. I wonder why they lived apart she said she was forced to. Sad to see that scene of her waiting for her aunty. Her brother is a thief but I think he cares more about the sister than that gawdawful mother of hers. Well she's his meal ticket I guess.

I don't like a lot of people in this drama I mean the characters are rotten. Well, not a lot, I mean a few but the main ones. That fellow with the odd English he uses the darnest words :tongue: with the oddest pronunciation.

Why do daughters get treated like this... really upsetting although being Asian I can relate. 

I read somewhere that many families are beginning to realise that daughters look after families better and finally people are opting to actually want daughters but even my grandmother was showing favouritism towards my uncles over my aunts.

Thank you @hyall  Now I ca get to my favs :crazy:

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmzfoYJA1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

Shall we do a caption contest for our lovely pair?

OK me first. "Sucking Snot haS ne'er Seemed So Sexy?"

(in appropriately green font, of course)

But I find Uee hits the nail on the head here. She partly tries to imitate him, partly acts a bit like the 'submissive wife' acknowledging her 'husband' for his testosterone-oozing snort with such primitive power over her - and sophistication and trendy*** be damned, it's as for a few seconds, in front of her friends, she's now shamelessly his biat**. :triumph:

*** Trendy - she had looked down at OJD their first night at her place when he wanted the TV off and she told him that 'trendiness' is important for a city dwelling professional woman like her.

7 hours ago, meechuttso said:

But here above is yet another example of the "art of trying to sound like you're angry with one another so that the other party doesn't find out about your true feelings, and Failing!"

I know right? These scenes are precious!!!!

@meechuttsoI also love when they had the argument and HSJ almost confessed saying “do you want to date me?” The look on his face!!!! And then... when he asked her “do you LIKE me???!!! :)  OMG I died!!

@philosophie same here, couch scene, even though I had spoiled myself in this thread, it was so intense I totally believed a kiss was on the way and everybody here had missed it :wink: 

5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I think this is the third time you told us? I have more other ones that come before that, chronologically, but enough of milking this. Without further delay, .... I give you:

hahahaha... really did I mention it already? :lol:.... I was initially giggling when he made this funny face where his mouth couldnt quite reach the glass and thought it was a funny scene... but then he turns all suave and mysterious when he whispers in her ear "dont drink" and takes her drink and downs it as well... waaaaaah!!! I melted!!! hahahhaha.... :blush:

22 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but then he turns all suave and mysterious when he whispers in her ear "dont drink" and takes her drink and downs it as well... waaaaaah!!! I melted!!! hahahhaha...

Ok you guys have to stop now because it's only Tuesday and waiting is starting to feel like torture and..... OMG I think I'm in love with OJD myself!!!!!:wub::wub::wub:

He heard first hand from the doctor how she has been suffering and he also knows her mother is useless and even worse could be detrimental to her so he will become even more protective. 

One thing I don't get why didn't he tell the police about the photo ripping and the guy that broke in ?

34 minutes ago, hyall said:

He heard first hand from the doctor how she has been suffering and he also knows her mother is useless and even worse could be detrimental to her so he will become even more protective. 

One thing I don't get why didn't he tell the police about the photo ripping and the guy that broke in ?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too! He even had those beads from the Guys bracelet. That would have been a very useful clue to solve the case. I guess if that had happened, the case would have been solved and our Mountain man would have no excuse to stay behind 

@meechuttso I am loving all those gifs 

The LOVESHOT was beautifully done, Mountain man seemed utterly sexy! I can’t help and laugh at SJ who blurts out things like “Do you want to date me?” she is blinded by him and lets her inner thoughts out :lol::lol:

3 hours ago, gusanito said:

Ok you guys have to stop now because it's only Tuesday and waiting is starting to feel like torture and..... OMG I think I'm in love with OJD myself!!!!!:wub::wub::wub:

haha me too :D

So I don’t know if you guys discussed this already and pardon my laziness for not reading back the pages. But about the mystery subplot, who is the father and child? Is this son belong to our main girl or her aunt?why is he trying to kill her? If the son is the child of the aunt, I was thinking maybe he killed the aunt on purpose cause he wanted her inheritance and full custody of child. But cause maybe SJ will get inheritance and possibly custody (though she seems to ave no idea about the kid) he targets SJ too? I know he has a phot a5 the cemetery of SJ and another w9man, possibly her s7 t? Anyone able to enlighten me on what the heck is going on?

3 minutes ago, philosophie said:

So I don’t know if you guys discussed this already and pardon my laziness for not reading back the pages. But about the mystery subplot, who is the father and child? Is this son belong to our main girl or her aunt?why is he trying to kill her? If the son is the child of the aunt, I was thinking maybe he killed the aunt on purpose cause he wanted her inheritance and full custody of child. But cause maybe SJ will get inheritance and possibly custody (though she seems to ave no idea about the kid) he targets SJ too? I know he has a phot a5 the cemetery of SJ and another w9man, possibly her s7 t? Anyone able to enlighten me on what the heck is going on?

No, the wife has been working with HSJ and her sunbae. She appeared on TV and due to that, something bad happened. HSJ is blamed for her death. The aunt has nothing to do with it at all. They are just buried at the same cemetary. But since the woman was shown next to HSJ AND HIP, I suspect that HIP was the main producer back then and HSJ just an assistant.

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, the wife has been working with HSJ and her sunbae. She appeared on TV and due to that, something bad happened. HSJ is blamed for her death. The aunt has nothing to do with it at all. They are just buried at the same cemetary. But since the woman was shown next to HSJ AND HIP, I suspect that HIP was the main producer back then and HSJ just an assistant.

Ahhh okay thank you for clarifying that! I was wondering why this guy is so adamant about targeting SJ when she doesn’t even have any exes that could be a stalker and now it makes sense, it’s revenge. I hope SJ recognizes him somewhere now that she’s seen his face and finally gets this guy to leave her alone. Of course, I hope that by then our lovely couple has decided to be together not just to protect SJ but because they love each other 

3 hours ago, AaliyaS said:

I think he didn’t tell the police because they would need to inform her she is still in danger. I think he wants to protect her and find the guy himself. 

Dramaland cops are incompetent nincompoops. The only worse ones are the real life ones. B) Better for Jakdoo to do it himself and sustain more bodily injuries that require dressing and undressing and putting medicine on it and wiping it and drying it, putting more medicine on it and kissing it so it feels better, and how else will all the self identifying pervyladies get their skinship here? :naughty: Luckuy Uee, show biz finally paying off for her. If we were her we'd all work for free, if KKW is Jakdoo, wouldn't we?

Sunhwa is doing a great job as the hateworthy second fiddle Eun Jo to Uee's Seung Joo. Want to give her some love for that hard work.:kiss_wink:

Why so quiet here? Everybody actually works for a living or something? Priorities , people, priorities. Discipline! :lol:

Practicin' that discipline.

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p5rmihvSpK1valxs7o5_500.gif

I want to use up everything I made from Ep 5. My mum told me never to waste good gifs, coz, you never know who might like it.

And so that we can move onto Ep 6 where much happened.

"I'm a rustic guy" - this hilarious choice of translation word which also added to the classic moment.

'Rustic' = 'hick from the countryside'.

Rustic'ly Righteous, Bro! :thumbsup:

had a little time... so if you are free, take a read on these links:

#1 - https://worldmusiccentral.org/2012/06/29/interview-with-kyungso-park-korean-gayageum-artist/

#2 - https://wayneoutthere.com/a-brief-comparison-of-korean-gayageum-chinese-guzheng-and-japanese-koto/

#3 - http://www.ipaulownia.co.uk/paulownia-info/why-paulownia/

so #1 is an interview with a gayageum artist. it is interesting to hear her perspective.. #2 is comparison of a brief history and comparison with similar instruments from china and japan.. #3 is about the wood.

so my thoughts after a little bit of research in relation to this drama -- so gayageum is only made of paulowinia wood and is made from one slab of wood. not several pieces. from the traditional artisan work here in my place and our history, stuff that is made from one single piece of material is always seen as requiring more skill and artistry. so if there is a statute made from a single piece of rock, it is always emphasized when you visit that site etc. so oh jak doo would have to be very skilled if he is making the best gayageums -- so if there is one flaw, then the entire block of wood has to be thrown out. another piece cannot be cut and supplemented into it to correct the mistake....

the knots that eun jae refers to and recognizes as his work. gayageum uses silk strings....

and back to the wood, so we have these scenes where oh jak doo is looking at that tree like family, well, it is because it is paulownia tree. these trees are not vulnerable to fire and have great resonance which is why they are used to make instruments. the other thing that was interesting is that this tree has deep roots and grows well in steep inclines and areas that have poor soil and can be good for reforestation (especially after a fire). so seung tae's proposal to build a resort was rejected because the soil was rocky. remember being a bit confused because I was like "there's trees!!!" and now it makes all sense to me. so this mountain area is good for paulownia trees but not necessarily has a good soil.

I just started watching this so some of my comments will seem old hat . First I am stuck on the the murderer , at this point even if it is misunderstanding it should be made clear why this man is after her to the viewing audience. the dead woman found in her apartment was someone SJ didn't seem to know, so why was she in her house? 

Now I come to the ex-girlfriend, do you know how vain you have to be to think that a man you dumped 10 - 15 years ago would still be pining away for you, Not only that when you find out he is married you have the veracity to think all you have to do is make your feelings known and he will come running back,  I don't think her attitude is due just to her thinking he would be still pining away for her. at least I hope not.

The mom and the brother, what a pair of leaches. Now that mom suggested the break I would give her just what she asked for, and not look back. 

I know that the two leads are going to fall in love but I don't think he is the broke mountain man she see's him as. 

Archived