[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

@guinearoyal smileyscute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532Welcome to this forum and thread! red crab

I really liked your comment about HJS and and OJD. I would like to add that the scene where she arrives and the dinner is ready was quite revealing a lot about her life. No one in her family had ever cooked for her such a meal. The mother only started preparing her favorite dish because she wanted to cover up for HST's misdeed. This shows that she has never shared a nice meal with her own family (mother and brother). Even when she had no home, her mother rejected her. I could really understand why she became so teary. She was so moved because the dinner symbolizes that you are part of a family. In that scene, they definitely act as husband and wife. 

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I really liked your comment about HJS and and OJD. I would like to add that the scene where she arrives and the dinner is ready was quite revealing a lot about her life. No one in her family had ever cooked for her such a meal.

This shows that she has never shared a nice meal with her own family (mother and brother).

I could really understand why she became so teary.

She was so moved because the dinner symbolizes that you are part of a family. In that scene, they definitely act as husband and wife. 

Yes I've known a few people moved to tears from a simple home cooked meal! It reminds us that what we really really need in life are fairly simple, but we so often miss out on that from our own greed or ambition or whatever. I know I've been there.:phew:

And I think HSJ' acting like a little girl over the bottle of his tea was because she is also sleep deprived from nightmares, and trusting what he'd said about that tea, she considered it very precious and badly wanted that sleep - because just like hunger for home cooked meals, once you've been on the side of severely lacking good sleep, that good sleep takes precedence even over comfort food! :w00t:

And what warmth I am getting from this simple mountain man, who can throw 100lb wood bundles and doesn't think twice about carrying big sacks on his shoulders, and yet cleans up her house, plants beautiful plants in her yard, and cooks and eats 3 meals a day, including enough comfort food for his 'wife'.:sweatingbullets: Then the next day he even made sure she got her exercise and plenty of vitamin-D activating sunlight on the long walk - and I was glad she picked up on this right away and acknowledged it without overdoing it. This drama is so 'light and fluffy' without all the heavy noble idiocy and all that. Very refreshing. :rolleyes:

Episode Ratings

Date Episode TNmS AGB
Nationwide Seoul Nationwide Seoul
2018-03-03 1 9.1% (10th) 9.0% 7.9% (12th) 7.8% (13th)
2018-03-03 2 11.4% (3rd) 10.9% 10.4% (7th) 10.0% (8th)
2018-03-10 3 9.6% (10th) - 9.0% (6th) 9.3% (5th)
2018-03-10 4 13.3% (2nd) - 13.0% (2nd) 13.4% (2nd)
2018-03-17 5

tumblr_p5gvn7QLTh1valxs7o8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5gx7yy7lL1valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p5gx7yy7lL1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p5gx7yy7lL1valxs7o6_500.gif

Wow, pretty darn respectable! Just icing on the cake, but obviously more people are seeing what we're seeing also. :wub: Go Jak-Doo!  Go Hyuk! Go Seung-Joo!

On 3/11/2018 at 12:25 AM, dramaninja said:

Dude look like a  completely different person without facial hair  and a haircut lol.

It does make you look different trust me.

Spoiler

This thread needs way more visuals. These actors are having too much fun to not repost, like all the BTS ones like these.

Most of these coffee trucks could use a little touch up paint showing up at a shooting location, but in this KKW's OJDude role, I think the plainer and hickier looking the truck the better fitting. :tongue:

On 3/8/2018 at 9:06 AM, meechuttso said:

구했소?    Found one?

대릴남편?   (Yor) Stand-in huzzbaund?

못구했으면 내가합시다 그거   If you ain't found one, let me, that (husband thang)

내가할라요   I woants to doo it.

He had me on 'I woants to doo it'. :love:

Might as well add the visual for this moment - the fateful moment he sold me on it.

Don't take this the wrong way,... So let's sleep together. - Smooth, Seung-Joo, real smoothe :phew: Did you pick up that line from one of your PD gig scripts?

But this here might be my actual favorite. Aah the blissful feeling of being convinced of one's own superior wisdom.:wink:

chingus, shall we have a skinship poll? (so I am cooking up something in another thread. hahahah.. and it made me think of this drama as well.) so, because of her panic disorder, we already had a hug. what else are you expecting in the next two weeks? lets call this the "panic skinship poll". :lol: haahahahha... we may be right, we may be wrong. if we are right, we can say "yay" and post a bowl of rice (because she got so sentimental over having a meal); if not, maybe post pic of the character we don't care for in this drama. it is all for fun and a few laughs. come join!

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, shall we have a skinship poll? (so I am cooking up something in another thread. hahahah.. and it made me think of this drama as well.) so, because of her panic disorder, we already had a hug. what else are you expecting in the next two weeks? lets call this the "panic skinship poll". :lol: haahahahha... we may be right, we may be wrong. if we are right, we can say "yay" and post a bowl of rice (because she got so sentimental over having a meal); if not, maybe post pic of the character we don't care for in this drama. it is all for fun and a few laughs. come join!

I'm down. Where do we sign up?!

7 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I'm down. Where do we sign up?!

kekeke.... we play it right here in the thread. :)

The panic skinship poll: what skinship move are you expecting in the next two weeks? and which episode approx? 

if you win: post "yay" and a bowl of rice

if you lose: post "so sad" and any character you don't really care for much from this drama.

it is all for fun and laughs. so do join us. calling all chingus here @bebebisous33 @imroma @AaliyaS @dramaninja @shamrockmom @nateko @joccu @zoks @sava2sava @chardonnay @Amulya Kolusu @ziarama @alekaonu @guinearoyal @ecs707a @larus @evie7 @joonminfan @hyall ... if I have missed anyone, sorry. but please do join us. :)

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. for some absurd reason @dramaninja, am wondering if they will end up sharing a bed because she is having nightmares and she can't sleep and so he holds her while she falls asleep?

Lol that is  very possible too, I like how she is more comfortable  able to sleep well at his place.

I bet they are going to end up living in his house.

6 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Lol that is  very possible too, I like how she is more comfortable  able to sleep well at his place.

I bet they are going to end up living in his house.

kekekek... I want to heart that!!! hahahah... and I wonder if he will initiate skinship with seung joo just to tick off eun joo. for some reason, it makes me think that he is also kind of angry with her perhaps? or maybe disappointed and wants to hurt her?

Hmm, aren't we sounding like bunch of horny ajummas here. Tsk tsk. 24 loong eps, and you all want them in bed already by ep 5?

SJ asked him, holding a mace gun to his face, "you're a man, too, aren't you?" Now we don't want to arouse this man too soon (innuendo fully intended). She can't be that close that early, for it will be conflict and torture for the good and honorable man with nothing but the noblest, highest and purest intentions, not to mention his pride as the 'one woman man' that is so far settled in his heart.

Nay, the way to his heart for SJ shall be less thru skinship and more by way of invocation of his chivalrous nature. She will be found passed out, or just in a completely vulnerable state, at which point JakDood (i've come to prefer to call him that to Hyuk for now) will have to practice his utmost self control and wholly natural urges to help her without getting too worked up, if you get my meaning.

I predict, rather, that his old flame Eun-Jo will initiate and achieve skinship next, but it will not have the intended effect for him. I think he'll notice something there with Seung-Joo that wan't there before as a result of Eun-Jo's actions.

That's better drama, and also preserves the absolute integrity, noble-heart, yea, the very holiness of this good man!

I sooo want that yay and the golden bowl of rice @Lmangla is handing out. :ph34r:

I'm late to the party. :D Well, judging from the preview, JD will tenderly touch SJ's face for whatever reason. Plus I expect lots of fluffy-funny moments on that couples gathering they'll go. Can't wait to see them acting like a couple madly in love. That's gonna be entertaining and I expect there to be some hand holding, hugging and maybe even a kiss on the cheek to keep the pretence going. I also want them to talk to each other more, to open up. 

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

Hmm, aren't we sounding like bunch of horny ajummas here. Tsk tsk. 24 loong eps, and you all want them in bed already by ep 5?

thats because we feel the love. hahahahha... :lol:

borrowing your gif here now

tumblr_p5gvn7QLTh1valxs7o7_r1_500.gif&ke

tumblr_p5gvn7QLTh1valxs7o8_r1_500.gif&ke

I do not think JD would have any skinship problems! Good grief, where has KKW been all of my life!! What a MAN!! I love him, and this couple. :wub:

Favorite scene so far is when they were having fun wrangling over the tea pitcher. JD’s actual tongue in cheek look to JS pouring the tea in the cup is priceless!

My prediction is within the next 2 episodes they will have to play married couple in public that will initiate a kiss! Hope so, I find myself starved for affection after watching my previous drama!

Really loving this drama,  and our Mountain  MAN who is probably more sophisticated than we now see :ph34r:.

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.... we play it right here in the thread. :)

The panic skinship poll: what skinship move are you expecting in the next two weeks? and which episode approx? 

if you win: post "yay" and a bowl of rice

if you lose: post "so sad" and any character you don't really care for much from this drama.

it is all for fun and laughs. so do join us. calling all chingus here @bebebisous33 @imroma @AaliyaS @dramaninja @shamrockmom @nateko @joccu @zoks @sava2sava @chardonnay @Amulya Kolusu @ziarama @alekaonu @guinearoyal @ecs707a @larus @evie7 @joonminfan @hyall ... if I have missed anyone, sorry. but please do join us. :)

Haha fun! I predict in this week's coming episodes.. Maybe they will be forced to act like a couple in public, so maybe hand holding, arm over shoulder or around waist? Maybe even forced to sleep in the same bed? Keke.. But what I'm really waiting to see is if our OJD will show any signs of jealousy when Eric Jo starts pursuing our SJ. THAT will be fun to watch! 

Archived