[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

Eh.. I don't think it meant 7 years had passed after their marriage.

The tree was already there the whole time isn't it?

Besides if I am not wrong  SJ's bro's baby isn't 7 years old. and the boy living in the mountain with them doesn't look like teenager to me as well.

So I don't understand why baby is expected. Did i miss something? LOL

This is my 2nd best ending after Should we kiss first.

It showed us a glimpse of our favourite OTP life after marriage.

Such a sweet sweet joy.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my favourite Jak Doo's line :

JD - Do you know the sound the tomotoes made when I accidentally stepped on it???

SJ - What kind of sound was it??

JD - It has a sound like this :tongue:

I love cherry tomato and now after this scene I will always remember that is a sound of a kiss :wub: whenever I bite on one or chrush on one/many

17 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Eh.. I don't think it meant 7 years had passed after their marriage.

The tree was already there the whole time isn't it?

Besides if I am not wrong  SJ's bro's baby isn't 7 years old. and the boy living in the mountain with them doesn't look like teenager to me as well.

So I don't understand why baby is expected. Did i miss something? LOL

This is my 2nd best ending after Should we kiss first.

It showed us a glimpse of our favourite OTP life after marriage.

Such a sweet sweet joy.

I'm watching the drama with subtitles since I'm don't speak Korean; it is possible I have bad subtitles. 

The last scene subtitles goes as follows: 

SJ: Everything is the same, yet seven years has passed.

JD: Yes. The only thing that has changed is the paulownia tree.

SJ: There is one more thing that has changed.

JD: What is it?

SJ: Seven years ago you were the only one living on this mountain--

JD: --But now you live here too.

SJ: Yes.

On 21/05/2018 at 2:39 PM, hushhh said:

I always feel that physical expression of emotional connections should be used when they are required to drive the narrative, not because the fans would like it. THAT SAID I felt as if the story was impeded by what seemed to be an artificial restraint against the main character kissing. 

There were so many beats that seem to call for light lip contact and instead we got the actors backing off in ways that did not seem to reflect the characters' impulse. The moment that I remember most clearly was the hug at the alter. That just seemed, "really?"  There were also several moments when they sat together, especially in the country, that seem filled with anticipation that was never fully met because we just had the characters sitting together side by side.

Hmm dear the lack of kiss most important reasons are:-

1. The writer - Yoo Yoon-Kyung (I assume a lady because the 2 dramas written by her and MHOJD have strong lady characters).

In "Mama Nothing to Fear" there was not even a kiss between the main lead a young hulk & the heroine a cougar who was dying from term8nal illness. In  "Merry Widow" there also there was none. So I am thankful that in MHOJD we at least see hmm<_< was it 4 times ??? that is considered a bonus coming from this writer. :lol:

2. MBC is a national televesion where certain social decorum are observed. I happened to watch the show "Happy Together" from KBS when the cast for the drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgesu Tailor Shop" were guests. Theere was a question about the kiss scene. The actor Hyun Woo explained that in the national stations ie. KBS; MBC & SBS; the kiss would only involved the mouths meeting together. Whereas in the cable station like TVN, JTBC others they can kiss showing/ involving the tongues.

I know! I know! dont laugh this "technical" description" but thats a fact. Remember KKW mathematical description about the kiss??? That exactly it. BUT - Don't ask me how did Lee Seo Jin was able/ allowed? to kiss Uee passionately at the seaside in "Marriage Contract" which I am dead sure were using their tongues:lol::lol:

Wah episode 15 and 16 were awful. I hope that starting from 17 things improve. I slogged through those two. I understand her reasons but if this drama was 20 episodes I think this rubbish would have been cut down to half an episode.

1 hour ago, hyall said:

Wah episode 15 and 16 were awful. I hope that starting from 17 things improve. I slogged through those two. I understand her reasons but if this drama was 20 episodes I think this rubbish would have been cut down to half an episode.

Episode 15 and 16 was hard to watch but thank goodness it didn’t get drag too long.  I love the beginning of episode 18 and i can watch that over and over again :D

On 22/05/2018 at 12:46 AM, slatgaya said:

This is my favourite Jak Doo's line :

JD - Do you know the sound the tomotoes made when I accidentally stepped on it???

SJ - What kind of sound was it??

JD - It has a sound like this :tongue:

:lol::lol::lol:

credits to owner

hello,

i am new in soompi forums and my first time to post a message. :)

i have been watching this korean tv series "stand-in husband, jak-doo" and stopped at episode 18.

i just want to ask, i am not sure if this has been answered or shared from previous posts. do anyone know what is the title of the song/artists jak-doo plays in his cassette player?

anyone who has a link where i can download it? if possible.

thank you.

1 hour ago, johnanderton98 said:

i just want to ask, i am not sure if this has been answered or shared from previous posts. do anyone know what is the title of the song/artists jak-doo plays in his cassette player?

Welcome to join us Jakdooholics here. 

If i recall correctly, the song title was mentioned in the English subs for the episode when OJD went pass the toilet paper boundary to start the music on his cassette player. It might have been discussed here as well.

Spoiler

Making of final episode in 3 parts

credits to owner

On 5/22/2018 at 8:58 AM, hyall said:

Hello, I have just been watching this drama.

So far, just finished 15, and for me this is the very first time I kind of disconnected with the character of SJ.   How could she throw away Jak doo, because he made a deal with the CEO (to save her family from debt)?  Really?    I do think I get why she was angry. She wanted to handle it all herself and be responsible for her family and keep him safe as the country innocent  - living in seclusion as he wished. She wanted to be with him, in that world.  She didn't want him to be in the high pressured jaded world of class and status and worldly success.   I just can['t understand though how what he did was so unforgivable that she would completely severe their relationship. Here she has had such an idyllic relationship with a handsome, kind, sincere and highly principled man who clearly adores her.  She hit the jackpot. Was his sin that great?  It just doesn't click as being realistic, I find I can't empathize with her feelings. I don't get it.   I just couldn't let him go, so how could she?

4 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Hello, I have just been watching this drama.

So far, just finished 15, and for me this is the very first time I kind of disconnected with the character of SJ.   How could she throw away Jak doo, because he made a deal with the CEO (to save her family from debt)?  Really?    I do think I get why she was angry. She wanted to handle it all herself and be responsible for her family and keep him safe as the country innocent  - living in seclusion as he wished. She wanted to be with him, in that world.  She didn't want him to be in the high pressured jaded world of class and status and worldly success.   I just can['t understand though how what he did was so unforgivable that she would completely severe their relationship. Here she has had such an idyllic relationship with a handsome, kind, sincere and highly principled man who clearly adores her.  She hit the jackpot. Was his sin that great?  It just doesn't click as being realistic, I find I can't empathize with her feelings. I don't get it.   I just couldn't let him go, so how could she?

No that is not it. She wasn't angry with him at all. She does not want him to be with her because her family will forever be a burden and one that will impose on him and use Jak Do. She was afraid that he would like her father be hurt or die saving her like her dad as a result of loving her and trying to be with her. She says as much in one conversation with her pals that she never wants another person to be hurt because of her.

So she tried to be as cold and angry to turn him away .It was with dismay she realised he had made that deal with Eric because of the imminent charges against the brother. So her family will forever intrude and destroy their happiness.  She was never angry with Jak Do although she felt that her family had forced him to become Oh Hyuk something she never wanted to be responsible for and tried hard to prevent but in the end she was through her family the instrument that exposed him to that part of himself he had sought for 15 years to avoid.

The reason this stupid part dragged so much was because of the length of the drama.

From 18 onwards it gets so much better. I enjoyed the last few episodes.

19 hours ago, hyall said:

No that is not it. She wasn't angry with him at all. She does not want him to be with her because her family will forever be a burden and one that will impose on him and use Jak Do. She was afraid that he would like her father be hurt or die saving her like her dad as a result of loving her and trying to be with her. She says as much in one conversation with her pals that she never wants another person to be hurt because of her.

So she tried to be as cold and angry to turn him away .It was with dismay she realised he had made that deal with Eric because of the imminent charges against the brother. So her family will forever intrude and destroy their happiness.  She was never angry with Jak Do although she felt that her family had forced him to become Oh Hyuk something she never wanted to be responsible for and tried hard to prevent but in the end she was through her family the instrument that exposed him to that part of himself he had sought for 15 years to avoid.

The reason this stupid part dragged so much was because of the length of the drama.

From 18 onwards it gets so much better. I enjoyed the last few episodes.

thank you @hyall  Your explanation works, she is not angry at him, it is her desire to protect him from her abusive family.  So it is a sacrifice.   

And now that I have just watched 16 it makes more sense, especially as the brother gets more and more in debt and entangled.  

Thank you telling me that it gets better as of 18.   15, 16 were a pretty big let down.  I think the acting is really good in this. I am enjoying all the performances. UEE's acting has gotten SO MUCH BETTER.  She used to be so wooden.  She has been just terrific in this. 

On 5/24/2018 at 8:26 AM, aloraloralora said:

Welcome to join us Jakdooholics here. 

If i recall correctly, the song title was mentioned in the English subs for the episode when OJD went pass the toilet paper boundary to start the music on his cassette player. It might have been discussed here as well.

thank you.

i found the song, it was played and mentioned in Episode 8 (07:40)

title is "The Dream" 1991 by Cho Yong Pil

:D

I binge-watched this and needed more, found Something In The Rain, then had to come back to get some healing - it's like warm balm, the way these two love each other and solve problems (yes I'm intentionally ignoring that spate of silliness where they separated - nobody's perfect). My only issue is similar to what some of the other folks have mentioned - the odd restraint in times when a kiss would have been more natural. Other than that, they were awesome together. I loved how he could slip between being his hick self and the more slick city man when he needed to at the end.

It's really interesting how much difference there is in terms of acceptable skin-ship between one drama and the next, considering they were made around the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

@meechuttso hi I have been returning to this forum without fail since  the last ep of MHOJD hoping against hope to see your insights into the last 2 eps in order to have a closure of this favourite drama of 2018 to date. However - feel dissappointed you have not appeared again nor have I seen you in any other forums of some popular current drama I have visited. 

I pray that live is getting brighter and lighter for you and hoping to see you in other forums. Currently I only visit the following forum:

1.  Shall we live together/ Marry me now - for the old couple LMY & PHS + main lead PYH & JET

2.  Wok of love / Greasy Melo - initially because of my heart throb Jang Hyuk & new fav actor Junho but come to love the drama

3. Miss Hamumurabbi 

4.  Sketch - picked this up by curiosity but now find it intriguing

Not necessary in the above order because I always follow all dramas with Jang Hyuk & now Junho of 2PM. 

Am writing this message in this forum rather than PM to you @meechuttso  because there are others in this forum I believe are missing your final insights of this drama. To all others I have seen some of you in other forums.  Most important @larus who created this forum and "Shall we live together" thank you. 

Spoiler

Archived