[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

All I can say is Seung Joo's mother leaves me speechless. The aunt that died acted more like a mother. The real "mother" only seems to think of Seeing Joo in terms of money. How dare she blame her for her husband's death. Sorry, but as parents, they should have been protecting Seung Joo from possible obvious dangers. A Little girl who couldn't swim doesn't need to be on an offshoot rock in the ocean by herself.  For the mother to put that heavy burden on a child and then make her responsible for taking care of the family, "replacing" the responsibility of the father on her is just too much. For a mother to tell her child that she hates her......just too much negativity. After watching the drama "Mother", Seung Joo needs to take a leaf from little Hye Na and know when it's time to leave a toxic "mother" daughter relationship.

Eun Jo may like to think she loves Jak Doo, but her actions are very selfish because once again it's about what she wants. She doesn't want him to resent her for exposing him, but she's trying to expose him while hiding behind Seung Joo. She pushed Jak Doo to defy his grandfather because she wanted him with her. Jak Doo feels guilty because he wouldn't stop when his grandfather called after him while running in the road and got hit by a truck. IMO, Eun Jo has no regards to the guilt Jak Doo must feel when he's with her. I don't see how he could ever feel comfortable about being with her.  What I also don't like is the fact she has no respect for the fact that Jak Doo is a married man. She doesn't know that their marriage is fake, she's just going after a married man because he was her first love. 

This drama has 24 episodes, so I'm sure their is gong to be some angst when it comes to Eun Jo.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mother leaves me speechless, my goodness. Poor SJ was literally abandoned as a child for something out of her control. The brother is such a leech, so he allowed a company to dig for minerals in the mountain? Jak Doo is going to have a rude awakening when he goes back home :(. I marathon through the two episodes because this drama is so addicting. Know we have to wait until next week :bawling:

Eun Jo is so selfish,  she never comforted him after he lost his grandfather. The world revolves around her and her feelings. The little time Jak Doo spend with Eun Jo you can tell he doesn’t have any feelings left for her at well. 

Next at two episodes is going to be rough,  Seung Joo will take it really hard when he goes back to the mountain. 

I still dont fully understand why the killer blames her for his wives death. Hopefully we find out next week. 

1 hour ago, AaliyaS said:

The mother leaves me speechless, my goodness. Poor SJ was literally abandoned as a child for something out of her control. The brother is such a leech, so he allowed a company to dig for minerals in the mountain? Jak Doo is going to have a rude awakening when he goes back home :(. I marathon through the two episodes because this drama is so addicting. Know we have to wait until next week :bawling:

Eun Jo is so selfish,  she never comforted him after he lost his grandfather. The world revolves around her and her feelings. The little time Jak Doo spend with Eun Jo you can tell he doesn’t have any feelings left for her at well. 

Next at two episodes is going to be rough,  Seung Joo will take it really hard when he goes back to the mountain. 

I still dont fully understand why the killer blames her for his wives death. Hopefully we find out next week. 

@lclarakl Yes, the mother is really something. Not only she made HSJ pay for her brother's tuition and she asked for financial support from her, before that she abandoned her own daughter!!  She blames her daughter for her husband's death, while she is the one who should feel responsible. If she had paid more attention to HSJ by not allowing her to go closer to the water, then none of it would have happened. Even the aunt didn't resent HSJ. 

I really hope that SJ's brother ends up in jail as a con artist, since the mother is looking for a scammer.

As for JEJ, she is just a vicious and selfish person. She wants to look innocent in front of OH/OJD, while she makes sure that HSJ becomes the traitor so that the marriage fails. Honestly, I am more and more convinced that HIP seems to know something about DSR. His question (how was DSR?) sounded different from HSJ.   

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

Seung Joo's need for Jak Doo is just his own self. Eun Joo's selfish need for Jak Doo is his talent is making gayageum just for her. Seung Joo does not care who he is and Eun Joo wants to reveal him as a gayageum master to the world.

That's why I believe that once HSJ discovers his true identity, she might change her mind about using the documentary for her own benefit. I sense that JEJ won't get what she wants.

The most upsetting is that JEJ is accepted by the elders unlike Eric Cho, although JEJ is much more to blame for the death of the grandfather. Actually the elders are blaming the wrong person: Eric Cho and his father, while the latter was the only one who gave OJD money in order to pay the hospital bills. 

By the way, if the documentary of OH was revealed, then JEJ's role in the death of the grandfather should and would be explained. At some point, JEJ might be against the documentary, especially if it puts her in a negative light. I believe that HSJ would defend her husband. To me, even the halmoni is not aware of the role JEJ played in the car accident hence she is still nice to her.  

Hi everyone, hope you don’t mind if I get onboard! 

I just binge watched all 8 episodes that were available and I have to say I really enjoy this show. I don’t know, UEE seems to be doing best at weekend dramas. To be honest I don’t care much for supporting characters but the main couple makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. They’re really cute together and I’m so glad they’d realised their growing attraction so soon.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Now, if only we could eliminate an annoying second female lead. Though I dislike her, I have to admit I’m green with envy because she has really killer outfits. So pretty! 

I’ve been crushing on Kim Kang Woo since last year’s Circle. He’s so charismatic! It’s funny to see him in a completely different role. And has anybody noticed how muscular his thighs are? Drool. Ok, maybe I should stop here :lol:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I’ve been crushing on Kim Kang Woo since last year’s Circle. He’s so charismatic! It’s funny to see him in a completely different role. And has anybody noticed how muscular his thighs are? Drool. Ok, maybe I should stop here :lol:

I sure have noticed!!! I could just spend the day watching him walk!!  What a fresh burst of spring air  KKW has been!!! He is just what the Doctor ordered......for me! :wub::wub::wub:

@triplem  Thanks for the shout out so sweet of you!!!:wub: I have been following this thread just lurking but so far I really am enjoying it!!!  And I don't mind saying nothing wrong with a good old country boy who looks that amazing!!!:w00t::blink::lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRziTk9ihlPSB80m4VE6Hhmaxresdefault.jpgDW8-dt0X0AEsg45.jpg?resize=350,200&ssl=1  Be back when I catch up:blush:

JD is funny, serious, talented, and straight forward about everything except who he really is.  Yet I find the chemistry between him and SJ really working for me and I think it's only going to get better and better.  I really started watching because I wanted something light, romantic and funny and so far it's all of that and so much more.  Right now just a happy ending would be a nice change of pace!!! LOL:lol:

Enjoying the lightness of this drama.

We have been through a spate of kdrama's with awful father's for a while; the rich one's are conscienceless demon's what saw their children as pawns to be controlled, the poor ones were feckless users who run off leaving their children (usually daughters) to take responsibility fo the family financially and pay off their debt.

We are in the season of the awful mothers.  There have always been awful unrelenting mother in k-dramas, but usually their villainy came from insisting that the community standards/social status quo be upheld and not for their personal gain.  Radio Romance and My Husband Oh Jak Doo (coming at the same time they amplify each other) are two of the few that put the mother feed off their child like parasites for personal gain.  

Park Jung Soo  who plays Park Jung-Ok Han Seung-Joo's Mom played her "mother-in-law" in Marriage Contract.  In an interview she said she was alway cast in the same upper-class wife roles because that was how she was seen.  I hope she is enjoying playing the antithesis of what she usually plays. 

I get that Korean society is structured much differently than the one I grew up in, but the sub-plot of SJ's family cheating from her without a second thought makes me so angry.  The fact that she will be held responsible for what her brother signed using her signature chop is infuriating. 

I am a hundred percent sure that they family won't be punished and a "reconciliation" where SJ forgives all will happen. Forgiveness (or death)  is the resolution Kdramas accept for family transgression.  Lawful punishment  is rarely on the table.

Kim Kang-Woo and Uee are killing their roles. They make the drama fun.

Don't have second lead syndrome, but I do feel for Eric being made to suffer for his awful father's behavior.

5 hours ago, chardonnay said:

I sure have noticed!!! I could just spend the day watching him walk!!  What a fresh burst of spring air  KKW has been!!! He is just what the Doctor ordered......for me! :wub::wub::wub:

Oh thank Goodness, someone gets me  :D You know, in some scenes his thighs were so distracting that I had to rewind to watch that scene again.

Here are bonus gifs for you B) Oh my.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

bb19560325b547a4ac12b253f6bc2ed2.jpeg?x=images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj6N3NxP5wInm17bNrruDtumblr_p5sa16VnHw1taa1z6o3_540.gif   You brought me to a place my heart has never been before...

A marriage that started between two strangers would change not one heart but two.  I was so moved when seeing the flashbacks of SJ's memories while waiting for her aunt bus after bus.  I felt myself in such sadness at how such a little girl was taken from her family and placed in a strange place after losing her father and being made to believe it was her fault.  You wonder how does SJ continue to endure such harsh and cruel treatment by her own Mother.   While supporting her Mother and Brother all this time.  It's beyond me and yet somehow I admire SJ in being able to show love when there is none given in return...

She must have felt as if her aunt was the only person who even cared and seeing her come off that bus must have felt like someone throwing out a lifeline to a little girl who felt abandoned and alone.  What does she know of being loved other than her aunt?  What does she know of being loved or loving any man? 

It's no wonder within her heart and no matter what comes out of her mouth the truth is she doesn't want to let him go.  JD walked into her life by a pretense of their own making and yet he has given her much more than protection.  He has held her in his arms, wiped away her tears, covered her with blankets and covered her ears with caring.  He has through the simplest of ways showed her what it feels like to be cared for and how a woman feels when she is treated in such a way even an unknowing one...

SJ has no experience because she had no time for herself.  For her life has been one struggle after another in just trying to stay above water and survive.  How hard it would be to be given and shown such kindness only to have to give it up.  I really love that JD understands her silence and her pain and that he truly gives of himself not because of some contract or promise but because he sees her as she is...

I think it goes both ways because I think she allows him to be who he wants as well.  Like when she tucked  that napkin in her shirt following him.  Love isn't always in people knowing what they are feeling sometimes it's as if their bodies through actions are expressing it without even having to say the words. 

I believe that's how it is with them...  :heart:

@dramaninja  Be proud because your voice and any other guys that may be here.  Gift us because through your words it gives us ladies a real look into a mans point of view.  Believe it or not it's important and allows us to learn and listen and see.  It's those differences that add quality to a thread and gives us a chance to see things coming from much more than one direction... 

Glad and thankful you're here!!!:blush:

13 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@dramaninja  Be proud because your voice and any other guys that may be here.  Gift us because through your words it gives us ladies a real look into a mans point of view.  Believe it or not it's important and allows us to learn and listen and see.  It's those differences that add quality to a thread and gives us a chance to see things coming from much more than one direction... 

Glad and thankful you're here!!!:blush:

Thanks! Really happy to be here with everyone. :heart:

16 minutes ago, triplem said:

Aigoo, don’t feel bad. It’s true that Soompi is dominated by female voices but we do appreciate the male POV. Quite often our vision is obscured by a hot oppa. At least you guys can see things more objectively  :lol:

Hahaha :D

4 hours ago, triplem said:

I’m kind of confused about why they are mad at Eric & his Father. Also grandfather’s death is an accident. It feels like much ado about nothing. Not sure if I’m missing the point. OJD is hiding because he does not want to make the zithers anymore right ? Or is there more to it ? I know he feels bad about grandpa , and thinks he is somehow responsible for the old man’s death. 

HSJ should really cut mum off , the latter is insufferable. She probably takes the cake as the most awful k drama Mother I hv seen( granted I hv not seen that many family weekend dramas) . Also I think  EJ is in for a rude awakening. She thinks she’s set up a Brilliant trap to create a rift btwn the OTP. But seeing how protective HSJ is of his true identity at the police station, she’s not going to expose him when she  finds out the truth. What would really be a nice twist is that OJD does the documentary knowing how important it is to HSJ , that will be a real good slap on EJ’s face. 

@meechuttso OJD is just the cutest country bumpkin. His agyeo is killing me . I crack up every time he calls her  jagiya! So I think first kiss will come in eps15 /16...

lovey post @USAFarmgirl, I love how protective they  are of each other ! 

1. The elders are mad because he got rich by mass-producing gayageums, for them they are not good and real gayageums. That's why the musician in the first episode after being criticized took somehow revenge on Eric by saying that the instrument wasn't good at all while destroying it. Then we shouldn't forget that the grandfather's business failed.
  2. The other reason that they are mad could be that they know about the seal. OJD was kind of forced to sell the grandfather's seal hence OJD could not officially take the grandfather's name and reputation. OJD is still producing gayageums but he does it incognito as he has no real "authority" to do it. Moreover, he feels that he shouldn't do it in the open as he was the one responsible for the grandfather's death.
  3. I agree with you... I am quite sure that HSJ will prefer to give up her dream than reveal his identity.
  4. JEJ needs to get some real good slap from the elders, once they hear the whole story because no one knows except Eric and his father. 
  5. As for HSJ's responsability, I doubt that OJD knows the real story behind it. We viewers saw the real story but neither HSJ nor the mother told exactly what happened. I hope, OJD discovers it and confronts the mother because she can not blame a child who was about to die herself. And I also believe that once HSJ also discovers the whole story behind the grandfather's death, she will confront JEJ as well because so far, JEJ's reputation is intact. She didn't lose anything, while OJD lost everything. In fact, JEJ ran away in order to escape the guilt. 

Archived