larus

Or if the mods don't mind, I can try:

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o10_r1_500.gif

Click to enlarge!

This pair has unusually great chemistry together, and their whole is much greater than the sum of each part. This pairing is really magnifying both UEE and KKW in a way that is a bit unexpected but delightful. :kiss_wink:

Their love fights are soo adorable.

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o5_500.gif

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm6881ur1valxs7o2_500.gif

I love how OJD's cheeks puff up with each defensive syllable, and then he has that slightest smirk in the bottom left frame even as he defends himself, "Ha! What have I done to you (to cause this type of abuse)?"

HSJ calls him 'DOG' Jak-Doo in her last frame. :scream:  To which OJD stammers, "W w w WTH did you say?"

But you just wait. This DOG-Jak-Doo will soon become for Seung-Joo, her

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rbmvxQWC1valxs7o10_r1_500.gif

MY-Jak-Doo. When that happens, you just have to come back here, fetch and repost the gif on the right I've already prepared for us all. OK?  :naughty:   You're welcome!

Now, really, someone else post something so the mods don't penalize me for multiple consecutive posts with too many embedded gifs violations. :ph34r:

Can't stop....

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No bowl of rice, but I will post who I dislike so far..........

Grand prize- it’s a tie between SJ’s Mother and JD’s Ex. Not liking their character, but I appreciate the actor’s ability to totally annoy me.

Really rooting for our couple, and I must say really looking forward to more GIF’s!!! :wub:

22 hours ago, ecs707a said:

I love Seung Joo and Jak Doo's interactions, and how they already sometimes don't even pretend not to care, haha.   made me cry .  I can never understand when people accuse her of being a bad actress (maybe I've only seen her in roles that suit her, but I have liked her in multiple dramas).

Their interactions fulfill my romantic inclinations, namely that he is protective and caring and his concern does not allow him to leave her although she feels that she is now safe from any danger.  Jak Do knows better having to fend off  the intruder to the point where he hurt his hand.  His thoughtful gestures and actions are so many......making her breakfast, covering her with a blanket, making a dinner to entertain her friends, throwing open the curtains of the "murder" bedroom, taping together the photo which the intruder tore to pieces etc. His thoughtfulness and kindness just warm my heart. 

Seung Joo needs this man because she not only needs someone to physically protect her but he is now someone who is actually on her side.  After Jak Do's meeting with Seung Joo's mom, he can now understand how family isn't always something to rely on. He knows that her fears are real and her post traumatic internalization of the murder and insecurity moves him to quietly help.  His compassionate persona is worth gold and Seung Joo has surely met a diamond in the rough.

Uee's initial acting  effort "High Society" left much to be desired.  However, something changed and her performance in "Marriage Contract" and now in "My Husband Ok Jak Do" are to be applauded.  Her role as Seung Joo is sometimes a bit too visceral and aggressive but understandable given her constant drive to be a competent, recognized and independent woman and producer. 

I cannot wait to see more as their love story unfolds, their realization that they care very much for each other, and the roadblocks that need to be removed in order for each to arrive at being happier and at peace.

57 minutes ago, chardonnay said:

Really rooting for our couple, and I must say really looking forward to more GIF’s!!! :wub:

Ooh, I wasn't going to, :wink: but twist my arm, maybe just 'one' more?

tumblr_p5rm6881ur1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm6881ur1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm6881ur1valxs7o6_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm6881ur1valxs7o7_500.gif

Mere few minutes later on the train back to Seoul, SJ's thinking "that sure is one good looking Hound I just yelled at back there", and "but what's a girl to do, I had to scream or something when this oppa touched my hair like that and sent chills tween my legs!" :tounge_wink::naughty:

Ah, the endless cheap thrill of almost getting caught 'just looking' :lol:

You ain't nothing but a hooound dawg...

I really love how protective they're of each other. Cracked up when Seung Joo chewed Eric up on the phone because he hurt Jak Doo!

And all these little scenes between the OTP! Instead of just giving her a tissue, he wipes away her tears (in a romantic way).

16 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

So yeah he does not seem as in love with his ex as I thought.

Yeah, it's been 15 years and she's still so hung up on him. I also hate her rude/unprofessional behavior towards Seung Joo because of her stupid jealousy ( but that's typical second female lead behavior).

9 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

So yeah he does not seem as in love with his ex as I thought.

no he doesn't! totally loved the scene when he told eun joo bluntly that he was married. there was something so definitive about how he phrased it. no hiding, no guessing, no regrets. and when he told her that he found it more comfortable to talk in dialect and liked his country life -- think he meant it 100%. he has indeed moved on and more than her, it is his regret over his grandfather that is holding him captive.... and am also liking how now both the second leads know that these two are in a definitive relationship. in so many dramas, it feels like others don't know or there is an element of doubt whether the leads fit etc. but here, they are married already and there is no doubt about it. fun no?

38 minutes ago, cheremaman said:

Their interactions fulfill my romantic inclinations, namely that he is protective and caring and his concern does not allow him to leave her although she feels that she is now safe from any danger.

me too! am loving all the small interactions where they openly care for each other like @ecs707a said; there is something really romantic that they are not hiding their feeling about each other's safety and concern. she wants to share her life with him and it upsets her so much that she wasn't able to share her happy news with him. the look on his face at the red bean jelly -- awww. on one side, he is super concerned about her that it seems like duty but the way he cares about her already shows that this has gone beyond duty. because he lost his grandfather, it almost feels like he doesnt want anyone else he cares about on his watch getting hurt. and it is not just him being protective, she was like a lion enraged when she found about the accident and yelling at eric. "how dare you hurt my husband????" so much possessiveness for a fake relationship!!! hahahahha... and does he tell her, "lady, we are a fake relationship; don't yell at some stranger?" nope. he just shakes his head like an exasperated husband. :D

On 3/18/2018 at 3:42 AM, evie7 said:

Is that all we have to do? Omo i better stop using caps so that my age does not show. im so use to changing my dp that i just glazed over the details:tongue:

kekeke... yea, it was just meant to be a simple poll. hahahah.. no changing DP. but it looks like most of us didn't get rice as we were expecting too much. though the poll was over two weeks. 

well we got a sort of hug with the love shot . how cute was the love shot scene? :blush: so some of us got a taste of what we were hoping even if it was not a full on hug though.  no hand holding or kisses or cuddles in bed like some of us were hoping. kekekek... but like @imroma said, with the grannies coming next week, we might have our rice indeed!!! hahahaa.... so the bowl of rice for this week goes to @meechuttso who was expecting our mountain man to remain pure...

53d192c826308f083c0fec1070f17eaa--korean

On 3/17/2018 at 8:08 AM, Lmangla said:

It's saturday!!! which one of us will be eating rice? either way, hope you had fun thinking about what we can expect. isn't it great to have a romantic drama where we can actually expect some romance? :love:

updated:

The panic skinship poll: what skinship move are you expecting in the next two weeks? and which episode approx? 

if you win: post "yay" and a bowl of rice

if you lose: post "so sad" and any character you don't really care for much from this drama.

@dramaninja ~ expect more hugs, some piggy back rides and some light hand holding. :heart:  no kiss though, not yet

@Lmangla ~ fingers crossed that they will end up sharing a bed because she is having nightmares and she can't sleep and so he holds her while she falls asleep

@AaliyaS ~ More hugs, holding hands. And am sure they’ll sleep in the same bed soon. Kissing not yet, but I am hoping

@imroma ~ we will get a bed scene soon! There is already a lot of skinship, so lets see what happens. 

@meechuttso ~ the mountain man is pure!

@nateko ~ expect there to be some hand holding, hugging and maybe even a kiss on the cheek to keep the pretence going at the couple's meet

@chardonnay ~ within the next 2 episodes they will have to play married couple in public that will initiate a kiss!

@joonminfan ~ Maybe they will be forced to act like a couple in public, so maybe hand holding, arm over shoulder or around waist? Maybe even forced to sleep in the same bed? 

@joccu ~ holding hand(bc they are married to the public) maybe kissing.

@evie7 ~ always hoping for a bed scene episode 5 would be great, but 4 would have been better

@pad-hari ~ its either kiss/more skinship at the end of the 8th or 10th episode

@shamrockmom ~ SJ trips and JD catches her, so she has to put her head on his manly chest and hear his heartbeat. No kiss, but I would like to be wrong on this! 

@ziarama ~ expecting a lot of skinship, he seems like the kind that touches without a second thought  :D.

Accidental holding of her. Later on a deep hug. NO kiss though, seems like something we'll see first ep.9 or 10. 

@bebebisous33 ~

@Lmangla I think, there will be a hug or holding hands, when there is this meeting among SM's friends. HSJ will be forced to play the happy newly wedded. It would be great, if OJD can make BYM jealous. This man is definitely too arrogant and selfish and needs to be taught some lessons.

poll ~ sad! thought the mom would drive me nuts again but it is our creepy stalker!

photo859790.jpg

okay, without him, we won't have a story but it seems so extreme that he is bent on killing her and is not even deterred that someone else died by mistake. what is going on? and why isn't ok jak doo telling his suspicions to the police????

54 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so the bowl of rice for this week goes to @meechuttso who was expecting our mountain man to remain pure...

Oh my 같 ! (this is how Eric would say God, in his funny heavy accent English, sounding like Gott). This is the happiest soompi moment of my life!!

I am sorry I can't be there in person to receive this fabulous prize (is the wooden spoon included too?), so I am sending my buddy:

source.gif

who covers for me once in a while when I'm busy - she's between jobs at the moment, so she has agreed to fill in for me. "I'd like to thank first of all my mom and dad, @Lmangla, the entire Academy of Moving Images, and all you fabulous Soompiers, without whose love and support I could not have dreamed of such a coveted prize, of which I am still unworthy, but I promise I will work even harder to do better...."

But seriously, @Lmangla thank you again, and what exactly am I supposed to do with that image? Put it on my profile?

6 hours ago, meechuttso said:

But seriously, @Lmangla thank you again, and what exactly am I supposed to do with that image? Put it on my profile?

kekeke... you can put it in your profile if you like. guess I will just say "did you eat?" and you can virtually eat that rice. hahahahha....

@bebebisous33 ~ kekeke... again, have a slightly different take on semi  and her husband. they don't drive me nuts at all. so he seems a bit pompous but I do think both semi and him are happy with each other except for the infertility bit. their dynamic works for them. if there wasnt that infertility angle, we would only see their pompousness but we see their vulnerability and struggle with infertility and it makes them human.  similarly, with the other friend, they have a very different dynamic but you can see beneath it all, they are actually quite content. actually am finding it nice that we have a set of friends who are more or less in some ways content -- they have some problems but who doesn't? and it was not like seung joo was unhappy with her single life prior to meeting our mountain man.... usually, there's always one or both friends that I can't stand in a drama but surprisingly this time, am okay with both and even their men. :D

16 hours ago, diane90 said:

Eric is right when he said to JEJ " You didn't sacrifice everything when you came back here;

you want getting everything ....'

she is greedy

bc of her ( indirect or direct); his grandfather died but she felt nothing... no regret

this girl just thinks about.......... herself

like @dramaninja , am now leaning towards not liking eun jun but I find this whole gayagum angle interesting in that it adds a different dimension to the typical second lead. based on what eric said, it seems the elders (of the classical musical world?) don't necessarily think folks abroad are legit. so you need to prove it in korea to get the music stamp. otherwise, it is almost like a wannabe in a foreign land.

and she hasn't got a gagyum from ok jak doo. he has been gifting it to young players who he thinks will take the music forward but not to her. he might have gifted it to her as a boyfriend but not one as a master instrument maker. so perhaps, more than him, she needs that musical recognition? and she said something strange -- if he had been this famous instrument maker and married, she would have accepted but she finds it difficult to accept his current state of living. so what does that mean chingus? does it bother her that he is hiding and sees it as her duty to bring him back into that world where she feels he belongs?

it bothers her a lot that seung joo has not much idea about gayagum (am I spelling this right?) -- so if seung joo was into that music and can appreciate ok jak doo, would eun jun be able to accept? and am reminded of what @guinearoyal posted about the power dynamic. 15 years ago, jang eun jun was in control and now she is confronted with a man who is a man in his own right. he is not running behind her like a puppy and he is firm in what he wants and needs. so it is going to take her a while to see that she would never be happy with him now because she does not hold the power like she used to. she likes being in control. 

Oh it was so sad seeing seung joo crying about her aunt and realizing what she lost.  And in that moment she realizes what she gained in oh jak doo :wub:.

The mother and the ex irritate me so much. 

1 hour ago, AaliyaS said:

Oh it was so sad seeing seung joo crying about her aunt and realizing what she lost.  And in that moment she realizes what she gained in oh jak doo :wub:.

The mother and the ex irritate me so much. 

like all kdramas, they will have a small break up and it will be heartbreaking for seung joo because she is already starting to feel like oh jak doo is aunt's gift to her... so in a way, they are fated OTP. this is even better than typical childhood turn lovers scene. :D

@Lmangla Don't get me wrong. I never said that BYM didn't love his wife. Sure, they love each other. My problem is how he acts and perceives SM's friends. He is arrogant in that matter. We shouldn't forget that he was quite rude to HSJ in the first episode and SM has no idea about it. BYM is definitely more self-centered and now, he thinks that HSJ will get divorced soon. From my point of view, his marriage will face trouble because of the infertility. 

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Lmangla Don't get me wrong. I never said that BYM didn't love his wife. Sure, they love each other. My problem is how he acts and perceives SM's friends. He is arrogant in that matter. We shouldn't forget that he was quite rude to HSJ in the first episode and SM has no idea about it. BYM is definitely more self-centered and now, he thinks that HSJ will get divorced soon. From my point of view, his marriage will face trouble because of the infertility. 

kekeke... so am not sure how to explain. so I agree that he is arrogant and rude but you know how there's levels that you will tolerate? well for me, he is in the tolerable zone because there are still moments he is good. for example, while from seung joo's perspective, it can seem quite rude, from another perspective, it is nice that he cares about his wife enough that he picks her up even at an odd time. at least he wasn't complaining to se mi and making her feel like dirt.

sadly, it doesn't happen all the time. my mom was once sharing about her colleague. it was rainy season and even though her husband was not working and could very well drop her at the train station, he refused. so her old father was the one who said "never mind, I will take care" but it left her in tears that the person who was supposed to take care of her wasn't and was instead creating a drama. so stuff like that happens in houses. so yea, semi and her hubby will face trouble because of infertility but somehow I feel like they fit well together. again, there are other dramas where I usually hated the friends groups and found them tiresome but for whatever reason, in this drama, neither of the two side couples annoy me yet. :D

53 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... so am not sure how to explain. so I agree that he is arrogant and rude but you know how there's levels that you will tolerate? well for me, he is in the tolerable zone because there are still moments he is good. for example, while from seung joo's perspective, it can seem quite rude, from another perspective, it is nice that he cares about his wife enough that he picks her up even at an odd time. at least he wasn't complaining to se mi and making her feel like dirt.

sadly, it doesn't happen all the time. my mom was once sharing about her colleague. it was rainy season and even though her husband was not working and could very well drop her at the train station, he refused. so her old father was the one who said "never mind, I will take care" but it left her in tears that the person who was supposed to take care of her wasn't and was instead creating a drama. so stuff like that happens in houses. so yea, semi and her hubby will face trouble because of infertility but somehow I feel like they fit well together. again, there are other dramas where I usually hated the friends groups and found them tiresome but for whatever reason, in this drama, neither of the two side couples annoy me yet. :D

Sure, he is not insufferable like the mother and the brother of HSJ.

Yet, in the scene you mentioned, I see that he is a controlling person. He might not complain to SM because he doesn't want to argue with her, hence he took it on HSJ so that the latter was supposed to change her behaviour. Notice that he asked HSJ not to mention his words to SM as he knew that SM would argue with him about it. Indirectly, he was trying to make sure that SM wouldn't go out  and would meet less HSJ. The result is that he doesn't need to pick her up again. To me, deep down he was complaining.  

OMG just done watching the last 2 episodes and I Swear I love this show soooooo much.

Recently kdrama has been lacking freshness and real sparkling OTP chemistry. Incredible setting, super famous actors but when it got to the acting and telling stories, everything seemed forced. I found myself making an effort to root for the main leads many times in many shows.

Just by chance I started watching this last week and geeeezzz!!! There it is!!! These two are zoooming chemistry!! They are sooo natural together, I am completely invested in the strory. And I know it can go wrong in so many ways (ex trope, family trope...) but I honestly dont care, watching their scenes has me over the edge of my seat, smiling like an idiot and melting with the way OJD treats HSJ.

Fighting show!!!! I’m so happy I have found you :) 

2 hours ago, gusanito said:

Just by chance I started watching this last week and geeeezzz!!! There it is!!! These two are zoooming chemistry!! They are sooo natural together, I am completely invested in the strory. And I know it can go wrong in so many ways (ex trope, family trope...) but I honestly dont care, watching their scenes has me over the edge of my seat, smiling like an idiot and melting with the way OJD treats HSJ.

Fighting show!!!! I’m so happy I have found you :) 

tumblr_p5rm851pa91valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm851pa91valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm851pa91valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm851pa91valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p5rm851pa91valxs7o5_500.gif

Welcome @gusanito :tongue: Yea, I'm rather idiotic lately over these two also.

This thread, this page isn't moving fast enough for me. I have way too many images. Saving the best for last, but I need peeps to keep posting so I don't end up with too many images on one post - when the mods put it behind the spoiler, the images no longer enlarge when you click :(

But here above is yet another example of the "art of trying to sound like you're angry with one another so that the other party doesn't find out about your true feelings, and Failing!" Really like children, or little boys picking on little girls because they don't know what to do with their novel feelings over the girl - except here Seung-Joo's the one doing it to 'the boy' ! She's so adorably immature (trying to pretend to be a 35y.o. in the story but looking about 13 :tongue:).

Not only the two characters, JakDoo and SeungJoo, but the actor, KKW and UEE are such artists at this. It's unusually funny and heart-warming, and they pull it off soo naturally, as though they aren't completely acting. I love it when that happens occasionally in a story - but they're non-stop so good together, I had to gif them all from Ep 5.

More to come .....

Finally caught up. This show is a gem. Can actually feel the chemistry between the leads and I like this modern yet original twist on a country guy x city girl pairing. I can’t wait to see their relationship develop and a kiss to happen, I sear when she got home from EJs house and he was on the couch giving her a wrist grab, I was expecting the kiss to happen right there and then! Ahhh my heart fluttered so much. I need more episodes. Can the weekend come sooner?

Archived