MBC Drama 2018

MY HUSBAND OH JAK-DOO 데릴남편 오작두

visual4.jpg

Drama: My Husband Oh Jak-doo/ Accompanying Husband Oh Jak Doo

Hangul: 데릴남편 오작두

Genre: romance

Network: MBC

Episodes: 24

Director: Baek Ho-Min ( You Are too Much, Flames of Ambition , My Daughter Geum Sa-wol, Come!Jang Bori)

Writer: Yoo Yoon-Kyung ( Mama, My Bittersweet Life)

Release Date: March 3, 2018  - May 19, 2018

Runtime: Saturday 20:45 (2 episodes) (following drama Money Flower)

Production Company:

OST:part 1 Lee Ki Won (이기원), Hong Eun Ki (홍은기) of Rainz- Only You

part 2 BoK (비오케이)- Please제발

part 3 Lee Yoo Rim (이유림) - I Smile Secretly Too 나도 몰래 웃음이 나

part 4 Jo Sul Kyu (조설규) - Shalala샤랄라

part 5 KLANG (클랑) - A Story That Only You Don't Know너만 모르는 이야기

Official site:http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/index.html

Other site:http://asianwiki.com/My_Husband_Oh_Jak-Doo

http://www.koreandrama.org/my-husband-oh-jak-doo/

Plot

My Husband Oh Jak-doo is a romantic drama about a woman in her mid-thirties who tries to win the social prominence and position of a married woman by looking for a husband.

Han Seung-Joo (Uee) is a single woman in her mid 30's and she works as a PD at a broadcasting station. She does well at her job, but she is not nearly as good when it comes to housework. Han Seung-Joo has a hard time dealing with social prejudices about single women. To get the position of a "married woman," Han Seung-Joo marries Oh Jak-Doo (Kim Kang-Woo) who lives in the mountain. Their marriage is not based on love, but their relationship develops romantically.

Notes

Kim Hyun Joo and Lee Min Jung were offered the lead female role, but declined.

Cast

tumblr_p2anhkh0U01sdd1ivo9_r2_540.png

Uee- Han Seung-Joo

Kim Kang-Woo- Oh Jak-doo

Jung Sang-Hoon- Eric Jo

Han Sun-Hwa- Jang Eun Jo

Park Jung-Soo - Park Jung Ok

Sul Jung Hwan -Han Seung Tae

Park Min-Ji - Kwon Se-Mi

Han Sang-Jin - Bang Yong Min

Yoo Ji-Soo - Han Hye-Seok

Jung Chan - Hong In Pyo

Jung Soo-Young - Park Kyung Sook

Kim Hyun-Kyoon - Lee Jae-Hyung 

Kim Bo-Mi - Bang Jung Mi

Oh Mi-Yeon - Kim Gan-Nan

Park Hye-Jin - Na Joong-Rye

Bang Eun-Hee - Bae Yi-Bi

Kim Jung-Pal - General Manager Choi

Choi Sung Jae - Oh Byung Chul

Kim Min-Sik - Lee Chan-Hee

Jo Chang-Geun - Secretary Kim

Song Joon-Hee - Dong Jin

Park So-Eun - Dong Se-Ra

Jeon Mu-Song - Oh Geum-Bok

Character descriptions

cast-v3.jpg

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/cast/

Google translation

My-Husband-Oh-Jak-Doo1.jpg

Han Seung Joo (Uee) is a single woman in her mid-30s who works as a producer at a broadcasting station. She′s passionate and good at her work, but when it comes to housework, she′s not as good. Seung Joo has a lot of trouble fighting against the ingrained prejudices against single women. As a solution, she decides to marry Oh Jak Doo, who lives deep in the mountains, to achieve the social status of a married woman.

Han Seung Joo. Vitality, competitive power, combat power, independence. The owner of the strongest mental talent who understands the danger and the blame for the audience rating, and also knows that it will be disqualified sometimes.
She was more independent when she was younger because she was more poisoned than her stepmother in the fairy tale. There was no fear of the world, but suddenly after the death of two people she falls into the tempest.
Since then, She has been suffering from an obsessive-compulsive panic disorder. She can not sleep and can not stand the first day alone because of the fear that the person who does not know the identity is aiming at herself.
The moment she was asked to protect the mountain house by a mountain man who is living in a hill-clad mountain where her aunt left her legacy, the idea of 'this is the man!' 'Put this man next to me!' came through her mind. 

My-Husband-Oh-Jak-Doo2.jpg

O Hyuk/Oh Jak Doo (Kim Kang Woo)  is sunny and optimistic, super positive,  the first pure-skinned to live with first love in heart. The grandfather, who was the only family, was the best musical instrument chief and the inheritor of Sanjo gayageum. According to his grandfather, who wanted to grow his son as a successor, he lived only in the mountains while he was separated from the outside world. The grandfather secretly went to Seoul with a gayagum, and that turned into a piece and drove his grandfather to death.
Afterwards, he hides himself in the mountains with his guilt about his grandfather and lives in Odo-dong, a natural place. He finds out that he is a mountain owner, Han Seung-joo, ... In that way, she becomes a husband and wife of a secular citywoman and falls into the middle of a complicated Seoul.

My-Husband-Oh-Jak-Doo3.jpg

Cho Bong-shik/ Eric Jo (Jung Sang Hoon) is known as a man who has charisma and coolness and loves art. However, he is a young man who has left his studies abroad and loses his loneliness and alienation. Every day, he packs himself into another luxurious fashion supercar and Cheongdam-dong luxury villas. He earned enough to earn money, and he got to ride the fame well, and the only thing he wants is to hold in the last one is the honor of a genuine artistic manager, a true gayageum master! He got the news that  Oh-hyeok, who is a legend's master is making gayagum somewhere, and recruits Han Seung Joo to make a documentary about him.  In contrast to the victory he met on his team (on his professional life), he suffered a fever of unrequited love that was not on his life schedule.

My-Husband-Oh-Jak-Doo4.jpg

Jang Eun Jo (Han Sun Hwa) is the first love of O Hyuk. 15 years ago, thanks to the Korean Wave boom, she became a famous Korean musician who made a mysterious oriental music. She has made a splendid overseas appearance and has been famous for being invited to prestigious events and concerts.
She returns home and she will be managed by Eric, who is one of the best players in the Korean traditional music genre.  Eric's reason for hiring her is to get information about O Hyuk, but he keeps the secrets of innovation thoroughly.

After returning home, I will reunite with O Hyeok. Even after she know the marriage of her first love, she am saddened by the folly of 'Why men and women can not be friends?'

Posters

My-Husband-Oh-Jak-Doo-Poster2.jpg

My-Husband-Oh-Jak-Doo-Poster4.jpg

My-Husband-Oh-Jak-Doo-Poster3.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Hyun-joo, Kim Kang-woo consider coupling up for My Husband Oh Jak-doo

by tineybeanie

khjoo3.jpg

MBC is planning a new weekend drama called My Husband Oh Jak-doo, and courting Kim Hyun-joo (Fantastic) and Kim Kang-woo (Circle) to be its leads. Both actors are currently reviewing the script, but only actor Jung Sang-hoon (Woman of Dignity) has officially confirmed his participation in this drama.

This new weekender will feature a gender role reversal, capturing the search by a careerwoman in her mid-thirties for a house-husband so that she can achieve the desired social position of being a married woman. The description doesn’t give us more than that, but given the pressure for women to marry (especially a single woman in her thirties), I can imagine why Kim Hyun-joo’s character might decide to do it as a strategic decision rather than emotional one.

read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/kim-hyun-joo-kim-kang-woo-consider-coupling-up-for-my-husband-oh-jak-doo/

Han Sunhwa Considers Role in Weekend Drama "Accompanying Husband Oh Jak-doo"

photo915889.jpg

According to MBC, Han Sunhwa is considering the new weekend drama "Accompanying Husband Oh Jak-doo, which is a romantic drama about a woman in her mid-thirties who tries to win the social prominence and position of a married woman by looking for a husband.

Her last KBS drama was "School 2017". She debuted in 2013 with the girl group Secret. Her first attempt in acting was the KBS 2TV drama "Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek". Then she starred in "Rosy Lovers", "Radiant Office", and "School 2017".

"Accompanying Husband Oh Jak-doo" is directed by Baek Ho-min and written by Yoo Yoon-kyeong and will air after "Money Bouquet".

Credit Hancinemahttps://www.hancinema.net/han-sunhwa-considers-role-in-weekend-drama-accompanying-husband-oh-jak-doo-112861.html

Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kim Hyun-joo and Kim Kang-woo Considering "Accompanying Husband Oh Jak-doo"

photo919066.jpg

Kim Hyun-joo ("Fantastic", "I Have a Lover") and Kim Kang-woo ("Circle", "Goodbye Mr. Black") are considering weekend drama "Accompanying Husband Oh Jak-doo", which has also been courting Han Sunhwa ("Boy and Girl From the 20th Century", "School 2017") as its lead recently. This is the kind of casting which makes a drama fan's heart flutter, although no confirmation means that we don't get to be happy yet.

Since this is a weekend drama of the non-cable variety, I won't be following, but it's hard to not get excited about the possibilities when good names are involved. The premise itself seems generic enough to go into makjang territory or go extremely realistic. You never know with Dramaland nowadays and this is good. The series is about a woman in her thirties who looks at romance coldly and simply wants to marry in order to gain a higher social status.

read more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-hyun-joo-and-kim-kang-woo-considering-accompanying-husband-oh-jak-doo-113222.html

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

3 hours ago, larus said:

Kim Hyun-joo, Kim Kang-woo consider coupling up for My Husband Oh Jak-doo

I don`t know if they will accept but I want to see both on the small screen. And I like that It is a week-end drama with 24 episodes and not 50.  If the drama will be broadcast in February, we`ll hear more casting news soon. It will be interesting to see Kim Kang Woo as a "house- husband". :)

About Jung Sang Hoon, the actor who will play in this drama.  Reading the filmography, I realized that I did not watch any of his dramas, yet, I found the actor very familiar. Then I realize that I saw him in SNL Korea. This year I saw him playing opposite my girl in SNL Korea and he was hilarious. I like him.

kim hyun joo ..my fav actress. she is one of the reason why i got addicted to kdramas. watched all her dramas whatever i found on web. hope she accepts this. I had watched kim kang woo in golden cross and goodbye mr black. he is good. fingers crossed

Actress Kim Hyun-joo My Husband Oh Jak-doo`s  Appearing Fail

l_2017122802001274200276301.jpg

It seems that Kim Hyun Joo did not sign with this drama. She was offered the role of Han Seung-joo, an outsourced production PD in her mid-thirties. Kim Hyun-joo was also making a positive review of her appearance but she was not able to finish it. (Google translate)

I am not sure about this news. http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=201712280953003&sec_id=540201

I hope it's a misunderstanding on my part. I wanted to see Kim Hyun Joo on the small screen. Beside that, I thought that she and Kim Kang Woo would have made a good couple on screen. 

I still don`t know if that article about Kim Hyun Joo refussing the role was true. So far just one article. I am waiting to see if it is true or not.

Han Seung-joo is a vigorous character with vitality, competitive power, combat power, and independence. She is a socially recognized career woman, but she is a fake married woman who employs her husband to avoid the uncomfortable glance. (Google translation) 

I like the character on paper and hope she will remain the same strong woman. I am sure she will fall in love, for real, with the fake husband. So, in the end, I hope she will have both a succesful career and a loving marriage. :tongue:

It is not related with this drama but Kim Hyun Joo has been offered another role, for Monday- Tuesday KBS drama Miracle That We Met, with Kim Myung Min and Ra Mi Ran. I am interested in that drama as well because I like the plot and the cast, so if Kim Hyun Joo will take that role, she probably finds the role more attractive. 

That means the rumor that Kim Hyun Joo has declined the role in MBC weekend drama My Husband Oh Jak-doo might be true. :( Let see how the casting is working for MBC drama.

5 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

anything as long as kim hyun joo is the lead actress i will watch. its been a while

I understand you perfectly.

I will continue to watch this drama because I like the plot but I will be sorry if I won`t see Kim Hyun Joo and Kim Kang Woo as a couple on screen. But I will wish the best for the new couple as well. Either way, it is a win-win situation for her fans. Kim Hyun Joo will be on the small screen this spring.  :)

Hope they will finish the cast soon and start shooting the drama. It doesn`t look like they start to broadcast at February 3 after Money Flower. I know that MBC will air new dramas on their weekly timeslot in March/April  but don`t know anything about their new weekend dramas. They will air an old drama The White Tower on weekly timeslot, who knows what they prepared for weekends. 

BTW, I think will watch White Tower too. I always wanted to watch it but now I have an opportunity. ^_^

I watched some videos from You Tube with Jung Sang Hoon and I laugh so hard even without understanding a word. I am so curious about his role in the MBC drama. I wish for a comic role but I just know he can do drama well. I have a feeling that My Husband Oh Jak-doo has many comedic moments but I read that it is a melodrama. We`ll see.

Since the heroine is a PD or an office worker, I imagine that Jung Sang Hoon`s character is in the same business, maybe her "rival" at work, who "competes" with her or maybe he is her "minion". :lol: I want to know more about this drama. Really!

Spoiler

Jung Sang Hoon`s charm.

A video from Woman of Dignity

:lol::lol::lol:

I`m his new fan.

I can`t wait to see his new character in My Husband Oh Jak-doo.

I don`t know what is going on to MBC. I want to know what happens with this drama. It is imposible to air on February unless they have everthing ready and we don`t know. :lol: I doubt it. Other dramas that air in February (on other stations)  have released the teasers already and we don`t know who is the cast here.

They comunicated about their weekly dramas but nothing on their new weekends drama. I just hope their crisis will not continue any further.

1 hour ago, Ruique said:

Oh my Julia Roberts I can't wait to see her!!

Who is your Julia Roberts? Kim Hyun Joo?

Unfortunetly, it is a high probability that she  won`t be in this drama but she will be in KBS Miracle That We Met. Either way, she will be in one of the two dramas. I am sure she will choose one. 

It looks like Han Sun hwa, the other female lead, has signed for this drama but there is not an official confirmation either.

oh god..I was so looking fw to watching KHJ and KKW as a couple. i am disappointed. I wish KHJ do both the projects !!! I know it's impossible. I would still watch this drama even if no KHJ. will wait for her to appear on screen soon. 

News about the leading lady.

Actress Lee Min-jung has been nominated for the MBC new weekly drama ' My Husband Oh Jak-doo.

201801121118566196_d.jpg

According to a broadcasting official on December 12, Lee Min-jung is proposing to appear in My Husband Oh Jak-doo. On the same day, an official of MS Team Entertainment, Lee Min-jung's agency, told YTN Star, "It is true that the proposal has been received but nothing has been confirmed."

http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_201801121118566196_001

I read that the broadcast date is March 3.

On 12/01/2018 at 3:10 PM, larus said:

News about the leading lady.

Actress Lee Min-jung has been nominated for the MBC new weekly drama ' My Husband Oh Jak-doo.

According to a broadcasting official on December 12, Lee Min-jung is proposing to appear in My Husband Oh Jak-doo. On the same day, an official of MS Team Entertainment, Lee Min-jung's agency, told YTN Star, "It is true that the proposal has been received but nothing has been confirmed."

http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_201801121118566196_001

I read that the broadcast date is March 3.

HOPEFULLY NOT!!!! WE WANT KHJ!!!! WE ARE GOING TO PROTEST!!!!! WHERE IS THE LOCATION SHOOTING WE WILL BARRICADE :D..HEHEHEHEHE. IM STILL CROSSING MY FINGER THAT KIM HYUN JOO WILL ACCEPT THE LEAD ROLE!

Archived