OCN Drama 2018

Children of The Lesser God/  작은 신의 아이들

lessergod_9.jpg

Drama: Children of The Lesser God/ Children of a Small God

Hangul: 작은 신의 아이들

Genre: supernatural, cop procedural

Network: OCN

Episodes: 16

Director: Kang Shin-Hyo (All In, Midas, Tazza, The Heirs)

Writer: Han Woo-Ri

Release Date: 2018- March-3 to 2018- April- 22

Runtime: Saturday & Sunday, 22:20 (following drama Bad Guys: Vile City)

Production Company: Studio Dragon

OST:part 1 An Wheeler (안신애) - Wild Flower

part 2 Han Hee Jeong (한희정) - Because I Believe

part 3 Imfact (임팩트) - Truth

part 4 니화 (NiiHWA) - Quiet

Official site: http://program.tving.com/ocn/lessergod

Other site: http://asianwiki.com/Children_of_The_Lesser_God

http://www.koreandrama.org/children-of-a-lesser-god/

Plot

Cheon Jae-In (Kang Ji Hwan) is a detective and he is extremely smart. He is guided by only facts, logic and numbers. Kim Dan ( Kim Ok Bin) is a detective who possesses a superhuman ability involving her vision. They are totally different in personality, but they work together to uncover a conspiracy involving a powerful organization. (Asianwiki)

Notes

1. First script reading took place December 17, 2017 at CJ E&M in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea.

2. Jo Min-Gi was initially cast to play supporting character Kook Han-Joo (a presidential candidate for an opposition party), but he dropped out of the drama series on February 21, 2018. The actor has been accused of sexual harassment & sexual assault by students he taught as an associate professor at Cheongju University. All scenes with the actor have been removed from the drama series. Actor Lee Jae-Yong had been chosen to take over Jo Min Ki’s role. 

Cast

tumblr_p0ab2yDnSe1sdd1ivo10_r1_540.png

Kang Ji-Hwan- Cheon Jae-In

Kim Ok-Bin- Kim Dan

Sim Hee-Seop - Joo Ha Min

Lee Elijah - Baek Ah Hyun

Lee Jae-Yong - Kook Han-Joo

Lee Hyo-Jeong -  Baek Do Kyu

Jang Gwang - Pastor Wang

Yeon Je Hyung-Gye Do Hun

Ahn Kil-Kang - Kim Ho-Ki

Han Seo-Jin -Kim Dan (young)

Kim Hyeong-Beom - Choi Sung-Ki

Seo Gyung-Hwa- Baek Ah Hyun`s mother

Joo Suk-Tae- 

Posters

lessergod_8.jpg

5_(1).jpg?type=w1200

Character descriptions

tumblr_p39o4c7r921sdd1ivo5_r1_540.png&ke

Cheon Jae-In (Kang Ji Hwan) is an elite investigator who was formerly stationed at the Seoul metropolitan precinct. With his genius deductive abilities, he’s able to pick up on any criminal’s lies, almost as if he has telepathic powers. He receives a promotion when he solves three out of the top ten unsolved crimes, and then the book he published that records his crime fighting experiences takes off and becomes a bestseller. But despite this influx of wealth and prestige, he decides to quit his lifestyle for an unknown reason.

Kim Dan (Kim Ok-bin) is a warm-hearted police corporal at the regional investigations unit of the Seoul provincial office. She grew up being called “the child possessed by ghosts.” But aside from her frightening supernatural senses, she’s the innocent maknae investigator on the police force who wears her heart on her sleeve. She loves children, and has an approachable air to her that lets victims feel at ease to tell her their stories.

Joo Ha Min (Sim Hee Seop), at first glance, is the perfect exemple of a competent prosecutor, but he hides his true colors as an antisocial monster. He concedes to power to survive closing deals with people in power.

Baek Ah Hyun (Lee Elijah)is the "princess" of a small kingdom who mysteriously goes missing. She seems to be the charitable and wise only daughter of major company Dae Han Group, but in fact is hiding her true corrupt self. 

Pastor Wang (Jang Gwang) is a religious sect leader of a deeply rooted cult, who is able to influence politicians left and right. 

Baek Do Kyu (Lee Hyo Jung) is a chairman of a major company, who conspires with acomplices to protect his "kingdom".

Gook Han Joo ( Lee Jae Yong) is the opposition party`s presidential candidate. As a politician of 11 years after working as a prosecutor, finally becomes a presidential candidate through a chance oportunity but his past confidential secret is about to hold him back from succes.

Teasers/Trailers

Long preview

Official Trailer
Trailer I
Trailer II
Trailer III
Trailer IV
Trailer V
Trailer VI
Trailer VII
Trailer VIII

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Thanks for the thread opening @larus  This is a must watch for me.. I wonder will it be a remake of the american version

It is not a remake of the American movie with the same name. The Korean drama is a thriller.

November 3 2017

Kang Ji-Hwan and Kim Ok-Vin offered lead roles in OCN drama series “Children of a Lesser God”

Children-of-Lesser-God-OF1.jpg

Kang Ji-Hwan and Kim Ok-Vin have been offered lead roles in new OCN drama series “Children of The Lesser God” (working and literal title). Both performers are currently considering their offers positively. If they both accept, they would play detectives with quite different dispositions. The male detective is logical and smart. The female detective possesses a superhuman ability with her vision. The drama series will be directed by Kang Shin-Hyo.

“Children of The Lesser God” will air sometime during the first half of 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kang-ji-hwan-and-kim-ok-vin-offered-lead-roles-in-ocn-drama-series-children-of-a-lesser-god

Dec 12 2017

Kang Ji-Hwan and Kim Ok-Vin cast in OCN drama series “Children of The Lesser God”

Children_of_The_Lesser_God-a00.jpg

Kang Ji-Hwan and Kim Ok-Vin are now cast in OCN drama series “Children of The Lesser God” (literal title). The duo will play lead characters in the drama series. Kang Ji-Hwan will play Cheon Jae-In. His character works as a detective and he is highly intelligent. His coworkers usually try to steer clear of him due to his propensity to show off his smarts in front of them. Kim Ok-Vin will play Kim Dan. She is also a detective with a warm heart. She also possesses a superhuman ability pertaining to her vision. They work together to uncover a conspiracy involving a powerful organization.

“Children of The Lesser God” is now scheduled to air sometime in February, 2018 (takes over OCN’s Saturday and Sunday 10:20 PM time slot after “Bad Guys: Vile City“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kang-ji-hwan-and-kim-ok-vin-cast-in-ocn-drama-series-children-of-the-lesser-god

Kang Ji-hwan, Kim Ok-bin may become OCN’s next investigator duo

by tineybeanie

KangJiHwan_KimOkBin1.jpg

A new drama is in the works at OCN, and casting has already begun. Kang Ji-hwan (Monster) and Kim Ok-bin (The Villainess) have received offers to lead OCN’s latest project, a supernatural cop procedural called Children of a Small God. When Kang Ji-hwan, the expert in forensic evidence-based investigations, meets Kim Ok-bin, the spirit-sensing rookie, sparks fly.

If he confirms, Kang Ji-hwan will be playing an elite investigator who was formerly stationed at the Seoul metropolitan precinct. With his genius deductive abilities, he’s able to pick up on any criminal’s lies, almost as if he has telepathic powers. He receives a promotion when he solves three out of the top ten unsolved crimes, and then the book he published that records his crime fighting experiences takes off and becomes a bestseller. But despite this influx of wealth and prestige, he decides to quit his lifestyle for an unknown reason.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/kang-ji-hwan-kim-ok-bin-may-become-ocns-next-investigator-duo/

Kang Ji Hwan and Kim Ok Bin Considering OCN Police Drama Children of the Lesser God

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/11/03/kang-ji-hwan-kim-ok-bin-considering-ocn-police-drama-children-lesser-god/

4 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

It's been a while since I last seen KJH on screen I hope he accept the role

It is confirmed. I posted old articles, when they announced the offers.  :D Yeah... it`s been awhile since he was on small screen. It seamed that next year there are a lot of dramas with veteran actors in the lead. I am glad.

5 minutes ago, larus said:

It is confirmed. I posted old articles, when they announced the offers.  :D Yeah... it`s been awhile since he was on small screen. It seamed that next year there are a lot of dramas with veteran actors in the lead. I am glad.

I just read and article were the actress are in the 20's are being paired up with veteran actors due to mandatory military duties.. So happy we get to see a lot of the older actors. 

2 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I just read and article were the actress are in the 20's are being paired up with veteran actors due to mandatory military duties.. So happy we get to see a lot of the older actors. 

I don`t think this is the main reason. There are enough young actors to be paired on screen with younger actresses. It is a trend, I see. There are lots of older actresses, the same age as those actors who don`t have offers. It is the scripts who lack quality. It is harder to have mature actors in the lead roles. It requires a serious script, not only cute, innocent love stories. Plus, the industry, usually, tend to give the audience younger woman  on screen. They say it is the demand. The male actors are more lucky to find lead roles even when they get older. But thank God we still have dramas with veteran actors in the center of the story. It is fair to have balance, dramas for everyone. :D

Children of The Lesser God

2017121202319_0.jpg

Details:

• Drama: Children of The Lesser God (working & literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Jakeun Shinui Aideul
  • Hangul: 작은 신의 아이들
  • Director: Kang Shin-Hyo
  • Writer: Han Woo-Ri
  • Network: OCN
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: February, 2018 --
  • Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 22:20

Plot

Cheon Jae-In is a detective and he is extremely smart. He is guided by only facts, logic and numbers. Kim Dan is a detective. She possesses a superhuman ability involving her vision. They are totally different in personality, but they work together to uncover a conspiracy involving a powerful organization.

Notes

1. "Children of The Lesser God" takes over the OCN Sat. & Sun. 22:20 time slot previously occupied by "Bad Guys: Vile City."

Cast

@0ly40 dear, there is a thread for this drama. We have to announce a moderator to merge the two threads. I don`t care who will have the first page. I think It is better to look if there is another thread. I personally checked if there is a new thread in the Official drama directory and searched a few pages back to see if someone has started it already. This way, I won`t creat double pages. :wink:

I saw that there is a double thread for My Husband Oh Jak Doo as well. 

I am excited to see another OCN drama and I like both leading actors. I am curious about the Kim Ok Bin`s role. After seeing her as the badass woman in the movie Villainess, I want more female protagonist like that. :lol:

4 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Supernatural ability in vision? Yay we getting a goblin/Black kind of show?

I am getting a Voice vibe too. There was a superpower ability in hearing voices in that OCN drama. There has to be a genius or someone with a strong ability.:lol:

1 hour ago, larus said:

@0ly40 dear, there is a thread for this drama. We have to announce a moderator to merge the two threads. I don`t care who will have the first page. I think It is better to look if there is another thread. I personally checked if there is a new thread in the Official drama directory and searched a few pages back to see if someone has started it already. This way, I won`t creat double pages. :wink:

I saw that there is a double thread for My Husband Oh Jak Doo as well. 

Ok, Sorry @larus for the double thread. I searched on soompi drama thread and through google too and didn't appear anything. I can replace the thread with the name of the other upcoming drama.  Sometimes I don't find the dramas in Official drama directory, maybe because it hasn't reported on that moment. Thanks.

Kang Ji Hwan and Kim Ok Bin Confirmed for OCN Thriller Children of the Lesser God

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/12/15/kang-ji-hwan-kim-ok-bin-confirmed-ocn-thriller-children-lesser-god/

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kang Ji-hwan and Kim Ok-bin Confirm "Children of a Lesser God"

photo919990.jpg

Now this is more of an Ori-work and the casting makes me happy beyond words. Previously teased main duo for OCN's latest crime thriller have now confirmed their appearances and "Children of a Lesser God" will be with us on February 2018. The drama features two clashing personalities working together to solve crime.

Kang Ji-hwan plays a genius, because Dramaland cannot breathe without those, and his personality focuses solely on numbers and logic. He boasts his IQ of 167 and I bet that wins him a lot of friends. Better on the human interaction department, our heroine is a rookie with a bright personality and a special gift making her more capable than even veteran officers; she can predict people's death. The two work together to find a serial killer hiding among the homeless.

read more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kang-ji-hwan-and-kim-ok-bin-confirm-children-of-a-lesser-god-113304.html

Child actress Han Seo Jin was cast in OCN drama Children of the Lesser God. Han Seo Jin is planning to show off her powerful acting ability with her strong acting power in a role of young Kim Dam ( Kim Ok Bin plays the adult Kim Dam)

2017121501000704200050861.jpg

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/581459

Other casting news

Shim Hee-seop and Lee Elijah joins OCN

article.jpg

http://news1.kr/articles/?3178174

December 20 2017

Teaser trailer for OCN drama series “Children of A Lesser God”

Children_of_The_Lesser_God-a00.jpg

First teaser trailer added for upcoming OCN drama series “Children of A Lesser God” (English & literal title) starring Kang Ji-Hwan and Kim Ok-Vin. The teaser trailer is set in the forest and the Kang Ji-Hwan provides narration with “… possessed chase thriller….”

“Children of A Lesser God” first airs February, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-ocn-drama-series-children-of-a-lesser-god

Jo Min Ki joins the drama "Children of the Lesser God". He will play the presidential candidate of the opposition party. In the 11th year since he took off his prosecutor 's uniform and entered politics, the Korean government has been hiding in the ambition, but finally it becomes a candidate for the presidential election.

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_serial=1068030&g_menu=700091

I am glad to see Jo Min Ki on screen again.

Other cast

Lee Hyo - jung plays Baek Do - gyu, chairman of the conglomerate.

Lee_Hyo_Jung.jpg

Jang Kwang plays a pastor.

fullsizephoto271863.jpg

The combination of veteran actors who boast of heavy acting attracts attention.

source

OCN Finalizes Cast Members For First Drama Of 2018

children-of-the-small-god.jpg

OCN revealed that Kang Ji Hwan, Kim Ok Bin, Jang Gwang, and Jo Min Gi will be starring in upcoming drama “Children of the Small God” (tentative title).

“Children of the Small God” will premiere after currently running show “Bad Guys” in February.

The drama tells the story of two detectives who delve into the dark conspiracy of a mysterious organization.

Kang Ji Hwan plays the role of elite detective Chun Jae In, who has an IQ of 167 and only believes in facts, logic, and numbers. Kim Ok Bin stars as Kim Dan, a female detective who possesses superhuman abilities to “see things she should not be seeing.” Kim Dan is a kind-hearted member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, who uses her intuition to discover hidden clues that even veteran detectives fail to notice.

Actor Shim Hee Sub takes on the role of prosecutor Joo Ha Min. At first glance, Joo Ha Min is the perfect example of a competent prosecutor, but he hides his true colors as an antisocial monster. The character concedes to power to survive, closing deals with people in power.

Actress Lee Elijah will be playing Baek Ah Hyun, the princess of a small kingdom who mysteriously goes missing. She seems to be the charitable and wise only daughter of major company Dae Han Group, but in fact, is hiding her true corrupt self.

More seasoned actors such as Jang Gwang, Lee Hyo Jung, and Jo Min Gi will be playing significant roles as well.

Jang Gwang plays the role of Pastor Wang from a major cult. As the religious sect leader of a deeply rooted cult, the character brought together numerous believers after curing a patient by purging them of ghosts. Pastor Wang is a powerful character who is able to influence politicians left and right.

Lee Hyo Jung is cast as chairman of a major company, Baek Do Kyu, who conspires with accomplices to protect his kingdom.

Lastly, actor Jo Min Gi appears as the opposition party’s presidential candidate Gook Han Joo. As a politician of 11 years after working as a prosecutor, Gook Han Joo finally becomes a presidential candidate through a chance opportunity. But his past confidential secret is about to hold him back from success.

“Children of the Small God” will be directed by Kang Shin Hyo, the director of hit dramas such as “The Heirs,” “Midas,” and “Tazza.” The story is written by rookie writer Han Woo Ri, who was previously a documentary writer.

The production team of the drama shared, “We are anticipating the show to write new history as the best OCN Original with its spectacular cast and crew.” The team went on to explain, “Following along OCN’s catch phase, ‘Revolutionize Character,’ ‘Children of the Small God’ will be showcasing unique characters and a fresh catharsis. Please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/26/ocn-finalizes-cast-members-first-drama-2018/

Archived