[Drama 2018] Children of The Lesser God 작은 신의 아이들

larus

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
January 4 2018

First script reading for OCN drama series “Children of A Lesser God”

Children-of-a-Lesser-God-p01.jpg

First script reading for upcoming OCN drama series “Children of A Lesser God” (English title) took place December 17, 2017 at CJ E&M in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. Main cast members including Kang Ji-Hwan, Kim Ok-Vin, Sim Hee-Seop and Lee Elijah all attended the first script reading.

“Children of A Lesser God” first airs February, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-ocn-drama-series-children-of-a-lesser-god

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kang Ji-hwan, Kim Ok-bin and More on "Children of a Lesser God" Script Reading

2018/01/05 | 

photo928908.jpg

Look at that casting goodness. Beloved actors as far as the eye can see. Sure, we're drowning in men and mostly everyone is wearing black and looking preemptively tired, but creating a work from scratch is no picnic. Jokes aside, the cast for "Children of a Lesser God" looks impressive and judging by the serious atmosphere in these images, the story looks grim.

I've already talked about the characters here, which are described once more in the news accompanying these images, but I still feel like I know very little about them. The drama feels like a mystery wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in an enigma. I mean, we went from a crime drama to the mysterious disappearance of a princess from an I'm-guessing-imaginary kingdom.

I'm trying to gauge how much this will be based on reality vs. whether we're in for a heavily alternate reality. I also wonder how much of an episodic vs. single story plot we will get. Since we have the aforementioned princess, who appears to play a vital role, I'm guessing that finding her will be the show's premise.

I'm still iffy on a lot of things regarding "Children of a Lesser God", but the cast is definitely not one of them. I wish the production and them well. The drama will follow "Bad Guys : Vile City" and it's therefore slated for a mid-February premiere on OCN.

Spoiler

Leads

Second leads

Still 1Still 2

Still 3Still 4

Still 5Still 6

Still 7Still 8

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

More news...

[Photos] New Stills from the First Script Reading of "Children of a Lesser God"

2018/01/05 

Spoiler

photo928559.jpg

Added new images for the upcoming Korean drama "Children of a Lesser God".

"Children of a Lesser God" (2018)

Directed by Kang Sin-hyo

Written by Han Woo-ri

Network : OCN

With Kang Ji-hwan, Kim Ok-bin, Shim Hee-seop, Lee Elijah, Jo Min-ki, Jang Gwang,...

Sat, Sun 22:00
Synopsis
"Children of a Lesser God" is the story of Cheon Jae-in, an elite detective with an IQ of 167 who only believes in facts, logic, and numbers, and a rookie detective who can see ghosts named Kim Dan.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2018/02

Spoiler

photo928558.jpg

photo928557.jpg

photo928556.jpg

Ahn Gil Kang was cast in OCN drama Children of a Lesser God.

201801090805200410_2.jpg

He will play the role of Kim Ho Gi. He is the father of Kim Dan (Kim Ok Bin). Kim Ho Gi  is a person who works as a high-end apartment guard and does all the work to protect his daughter who is a little different from others. However, unlike his mild personality, who takes care of his daughter, Kim Ho-gi, who has hidden his mysterious past, is a father who constantly runs away from his past and can take his life to protect his daughter. So, with his appearance, It is anticipated that she will show her true love for Kim Dam /Kim Ok-bin. (Google translate) 

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201801090805200410

We knew that he joined the drama because we saw him in the first script reading pictures but it was nice to know more about his character in the drama.  :tongue:

Archived