[drama 2003] Into The Sun 태양속으로

Guest jacqueline

Guest jacqueline
[sBS] starring Kwon Sang Woo, Myung Se Bin
ITS.jpg564-21_20021217104208.jpg SBS drama (2003) - 20 episodes Cast: Kang Suk-min (28): Kwon Sang Woo (Delicious Proposal, Stairway to Heaven) Jun Hye-rin (28): Myung Se Bin (Who's My Love/Paper Crane) Lee Seung-ha (30): Jung Sung Hwan (Romance/Like Father, Unlike Son) Kang Soo-jin (Suk-min's younger sister, 22): Kim Jung Hwa (Glass Slipper) Kim Jae-hyun (24): Jung Tae Woo (Wang Guhn/Ladies of the Palace) Yoo Bo-na (28): Lee Yoo-jin (Beautiful Days) Jun Joon-Oh (Hye-rin's dad, 50): Park In-hwan (To Be With You) Song Ki-chul (26): Jung So Young Ji Hwa-ja (Jae-hyun's mom, 40): Choi Ran (This Is Love/Pretty Lady/Cinderella) Jo Jin-ah (23): Oh Joo Eun A short summary of this drama: Hye-rin has just recently married the love of her life. Unfortunately, on the way home, her husband has a car accident. Suk-min and his friend, Gee-chul, are in the car behind him and are in a hurry to go somewhere. Gee-chul urges Suk-min to just leave the wounded person alone, but Suk-min refuses. Suk-min runs to the damaged car and gets Hye-rin's husband out of his car before it explodes. While trying to dial 119 (that's the emergency number in Korea), Hye-rin calls her husband's cell phone to check on him. Suk-min tells her that her husband has been in an accident. After calling 119 and seeing the ambulance approach, Gee-chul urges Suk-min to hurry before they are late for their business. As they drive away, Hye-rin passes them on the opposite side of the road and.... *credits to koreanwiz (i like this drama very much and there isn't a thread on it even before soompi crash last time,so i've decided to start a fresh new one :) hope more people will post comments, summary or pics on this drama ;) more pics : 570-24_20030128164118.jpg565-19_20021223181514.jpg kwon sang woo looks really stylish in the navy uniform.... 570-25_20030128164141.jpg i like this scene/part very much when suk-min taught hye rin how to determine the wind direction 573-24_20030218095841.jpg576-22_20030311095735.jpgksw21.jpg i like this pic of the wedding... ;) kwon sang woo and myung se bin looks really pretty with the navy wedding setting :rolleyes: makes u feel like having a military/navy wedding,huh? woo.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems that u like this series a lot!!

me too!!!

this is my first KSW series!!!!

the 1st time i saw him kiss on screen!! and in the 2nd ep itself!! :wub:

Guest jacqueline

it seems that u like this series a lot!!

me too!!!

this is my first KSW series!!!!

the 1st time i saw him kiss on screen!! and in the 2nd ep itself!! :wub:

Hi!!! yup, i like this series A LOT!!! that's my first KSW series for me too... :lol:

okay, more pics coming up ;)

MORE PICS

ksw24.jpg

cc3ae548.jpg

-pic of kim jung hwa and kwon sang woo - as brothers and sisters

ksw25.jpg

(take notice the guy standing in the middle of this pic : he's kim jung hwa's dad in 1% of anything)

ksw26.jpg

I loved KSW in here, and MSB is so pretty too! My fave KSW drama. Adding KJH and JTW to the series was great!

I had the series but it was dubbed in Chinese so it was really hard to watch cause I really didn't understand, and I didn't like the choice in voices they chose cause the dubbing actors sounded so old compared to the reall actors themselves...am I making sense? haha...

Guest jacqueline

found a more detailed summary of the series:

(please highlight to read)

Hye-rin's fiance dies after the accident.

One year later, Suk-min is a captain of a crew in the Marines. His little sister, Soo-jin, is studying to become a doctor and wants to experience a surgery. She begs her friend to hit her with her car and tells her friend that she won't get in trouble for doing it. Her friend misses, but at that instant, Soo-jin's appendix pops. While lecturing his troops, Suk-min gets a call and quickly rushes to the hospital. There he meets Hye-rin, who is a doctor. Hye-rin's first impression of Suk-min is that he has no manners and is conceited. Suk-min annoys her with questions about his sister's health and drags her to his sister's room various times when his sister is in pain.

Suk-min and Hye-rin meet again when a woman is giving birth at sea. Suk-min's crew doesn't know what to do so Suk-min immediately dials Hye-rin. The woman is rushed to the hospital along with Suk-min because she won't let go of his hair. Suk-min is waiting and when Hye-rin appears, he begs her to save the baby and tells her the story of his parents and how he doesn't want anyone else to feel pain like he does. Hye-rin at that instant starts to like Suk-min, but is angry at herself because she promised her deceased fiance that she wouldn't marry or love another man again. The baby is delivered safely. When Hye-rin holds the baby to show Suk-min, he starts to fall in love with her. Later when Suk-min is thanking Hye-rin, he holds her arms. While Hye-rin is trying to pull away, Suk-min kisses her. While they are kissing, Seung-ha, the head doctor who is in love with Hye-rin, comes in and sees them. At that instant he hates Suk-min.

Suk-min starts coming to the hospital each day to see Hye-rin. Hye-rin hides from him. Suk-min persists and decorates her office with flowers. Unfortunately, she is allergic to flowers. As Suk-min hands her a handkerchief, she is reminded of her first date with her dead fiance when he bought her flowers, because Suk-min says the exact same thing her husband did. Suk-min is so sorry about his blunder that he puts flowers in a glass case to give her as a present. His troop follows along and sets off fireworks. This again reminds Hye-rin of her fiance before he died. Seung-ha hears the noise of the fireworks and rushes out. He sees the flowers and smashes them out of jelousy. This makes Suk-min's troop angry and they beat him up and get arrested.

Before Suk-min goes away, he makes Hye-rin hanyak (korean medicine). As he gives it to her, she requests that they never meet again. Suk-mins agrees in order to make her happy.

When Suk-min is away at sea, Hye-rin worries and thinks about him everyday as she drinks the hanyak that he made for her.

Suk-min gets in trouble with his superiors when he gets back, for jumping in to save a Marine (Jae-hyun) who should have already known how to swim. He forgets to call his little sister, and she runs to Hye-rin. Hye-rin gets worried and instead of going to visit her fiance's grave, at the last second she changes her mind and decides to go to the dock where Suk-min should have arrived. On the way she sees him. She passes by and then stops. She starts arguing to herself whether she should go to him or just drive away. She ends up following him and spending the rest of the day with him, and they learn about each other's painful past. They get closer to each other . . .

There's another storyline in the drama. After getting her appendix out, Soo-jin goes to a club with her friends. There she meets Jae-hyun who is the troublemaker in her brother's troop. However, he lies and tells her that he is the president of an important computer programming company. They go out on many dates and she finds out later and beats him up . . .

Soo-jin and Jae-hyun get married in the end with Suk-min's blessing, although he was fiercely resistant at the start.

Suk-min and Hye-rin also get married in the end. A passenger ferry catches fire and Suk-min's troup is called to help deal with it. While battling the fire, Suk-min inhales poisonous gases and becomes unconcious. He's brought to the hospital and presumed dead. Meanwhile, Hye-rin, who has cancelled her wedding to Seung-ha (although she thought it was her father's dying wish) because she found out that he had indirectly killed her fiance when he gave strong sleeping pills along with cold medicines to her fiance causing him to fall asleep at the wheel. Hye-rin plans to leave Korea for New Zealand. However, her best friend finds out about Suk-min's accident on the news and tells Hye-rin. Both rush to the hospital where Suk-min is. As Hye-rin cries over Suk-min believing that she's going to lose another man she loves, he regains conciousness. They have a marine wedding where they affirm their love for each other...

*credit to koreanwiz ;)

here is episode 1 and 2: (can't find the rest though)

EPISODE 1

On a particular roadway along the beach, an accident had taken place.

KSW and the lieutenant just so happened to witness the entire incident.

In the process of rescuing the wounded victim, KSW suffered a severe cut from the shards of glass that were the remnants of the overturned car.

Upon the arrival of the ambulance, KSW was urged to leave by a panic stricken lieutenant.

Meanwhile, a worried MSB crossed their path on her way to the accident scene…

She was heartbroken upon witnessing the death of her fiancé.

A year later, while serving the navy marine, KSW received a phone call bringing news that his younger sister had been admitted to hospital.

Anxious, he dashed to the hospital making a loud racket and was chided by MSB, a doctor there.

During the period of KJH’s stay in the hospital, MSB was a little frustrated with KSW’s concern for his sister, which was bordering on the exaggerated when she was only admitted for acute appendicitis.

Looking at the portrait of a sunflower in her office, MSB could not refrain herself from thinking of her fiancé… how they spent time having fun in the snow, with fireworks and most of all, the sunflower necklace he gave her. The thought that he was no longer around made her heart wring.

When KJH was finally discharged, KSW hugged MSB with tears of joy genuinely thankful of her care for his sister leaving MSB at a loss as to how to react.

At a discotheque after her discharge, KJH coincidentally came to know JTW – a subordinate of her brother. Not knowing the details, JTW introduced himself as a manager in a company and succeeded in winning over and impressing KJH and her friends (that Casanova).

Meanwhile, KSW was on a mission when he received an SOS call for help to send a lady in labor to a nearby hospital. Under the pain of the contractions, the pregnant lady grabbed clumps of KSW’s hair leaving him wailing in agony while the crew looked on helplessly. Out of anxiety, KSW contacted MSB for help. Even though the ambulance was in sight, KSW was still not spared by the pregnant lady, who was still fervently clutching onto him. Before the lady was pushed into the operating room,

KSW: That was how my mother died; I don’t wish to see the child without a mom. Please do your best to save them both!

Later, MSB came out cradling the newborn child for KSW to see. KSW was bedazzled by a glow that MSB disseminated at that very moment as it stroke a chord in him seeing her with the child.

Once MSB came out, an ecstatic KSW dash forward to thank her profusely. In the midst of the tussle, he planted a kiss on her lips.

As the realization dawned on her, MSB pushed herself away and gave him two hard kicks in the shins leaving him howling in pain (HAHA!).

KSW was intoxicated throughout his journey home whereas MSB, still in disbelief, grabbed her toothbrush and started brushing away…

EPISODE 2

When KSW returned home and found his sister missing, he went out on a search for her not knowing that his inebriated sister who was already knocked out was brought to a motel by JTW – the subordinate. Unfortunately, all the guy got was a hell lot of cleaning up as KJH started vomiting all over him.

KSW then enthusiastically carried out his official wooing of MSB. He first made reservations at a classy French restaurant before heading to the hospital to look for MSB. However, his efforts were clearly not appreciated. MSB did not pay him any attention and headed straight for the operating theatre. Disappointed, KSW thus had no choice but to have dinner alone. Staring at the empty seat opposite him, he raised his glass and called out her name…

After receiving some inside information from a particular nurse (a reliable source) who was keen on helping him, KSW returned to the hospital once more. MSB saw him lurking around her car and fled fast hitching a ride from a colleague back home. Poor KSW had no idea and stood there waiting for hours in the chilly weather…

In a café with JSH (a fellow colleague who had a crush on her), MSB met his friend, the lieutenant. And thus, JSH thought of a great way of using his friend as a spy detector to monitor every movement of his potential love rival – KSW.

Early one morning, KSW came rushing to the hospital. However, a nurse quickly notified JSH who brought MSB to his office for cover. A saddened KSW had no choice but to return when he could not find her. Yet, during a slight accident in the navy marine where he suffered abrasions on his arm, it gave him the perfect excuse to return to the hospital once more where he waited for MSB to tend to him in the A&E. After tending to the wound, seeing that all was normal, MSB rose to leave but KSW quickly reacted with a howl of agony. MSB turned back, imparted something to the attending nurse and turned to leave once more. KSW gave chase…

But at that very moment, the ambulance arrived with a wounded man decked out in a groom’s outfit. The sudden sight left her feeling faint but KSW quickly went forward to support her. MSB regained herself and rushed into the emergency room. Looking at the dying patient who could not be revived even with electric shocks, an emotional MSB went up to carry out resuscitation works adamant to bring him back to life. JSH who just rushed over pulled her away and gave her a slap to wake her up from her abnormal actions. Tears were by then pouring relentlessly from her face… After witnessing the entire event, KSW looked towards a retreating MSB, raised his right arm and said: FIGHTING!

*credits to (somewhere-can't remember where i took it from)

nice storyline,huh? B)

Guest insideMYheart

I saw up to episode 16 of this drama and love it. I couldn't find anywhere to download the rest of the episodes so I never finished watching it :(

Guest jacqueline

I've been looking for this series. Do anyone know where it can be downloaded from?

i wish i knew where to download this series too...sorry can't help u in on this...

KSW first leading role series earning good ratings 20%+ up.

yup, his acting was really good in this series...and the storyline is awesome...

I loved KSW in here, and MSB is so pretty too! My fave KSW drama. Adding KJH and JTW to the series was great!

I had the series but it was dubbed in Chinese so it was really hard to watch cause I really didn't understand, and I didn't like the choice in voices they chose cause the dubbing actors sounded so old compared to the reall actors themselves...am I making sense? haha...

i saw it in the dubbed (chinese) version too...the voice is really lousy...gonna check out if they still sell this series in my country cause it's an old series already (2003)... ;)

Guest conduongmuathu

This is one of my best favourite drama, Kang Suk Min's so great. I love Kwon Sang Woo from this drama.

And this is his character whom I love best.

KSW first leading role series earning good ratings 20%+ up.

Highest scored of this drama: 31.1 %

Guest Greentea

This is one of my best favourite drama, Kang Suk Min's so great. I love Kwon Sang Woo from this drama.

This drama is not boring..and I also like his character..

Actually i prefer into the sun then sth, bcos of the storyline. :D

Hi!!! yup, i like this series A LOT!!! that's my first KSW series for me too... :lol:

May I add myself in the list too? That's the first time I got to know KSW in this drama.

Wow! I was charmed by gorgeous KSW in navy uniform. Simply irresistable and can't get him out of my mind (blush.. blush)

Guest jacqueline

yup, Kang Suk Min's really great...especially in that uniform...hahaha...31.1%? is it very high?

This drama is not boring..and I also like his character..

Actually i prefer into the sun then sth, bcos of the storyline. :D

certainly it isn't boring cause of the exciting storyline...

May I add myself in the list too? That's the first time I got to know KSW in this drama.

Wow! I was charmed by gorgeous KSW in navy uniform. Simply irresistable and can't get him out of my mind (blush.. blush)

Hi Zhen Yin!!! come join the gang...i like this drama very much too...my first KSW drama too...KSW looks really gorgeous in navy uniform...

I love the 'brother & sister' relationship of KSW & Kim Jung Hwa in this drama. How sweet ....

yup, he's sort of over-protective of his sister (KJH) ;)

Guest Airine Pratama

ahhh i watched this too ... i actually enjoy this drama for Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Jung Hwa ... better then Myung Se Bin - Kwon Sang Woo love relationship ...

Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Jung Hwa modeled for MARU and i think they looks good as a couple too ... ^^

Kim Jung Hwa - Jung Tae Woo is so cute too ... love them both ...

and don't forget Jung Seung Hwan ... i like him he's good looking ...

Junghwa-Taewoo

021.jpg

79266342731.jpg

81524747024.jpg

viky70826wz.jpg

Don't you guys think they both look good as a couple too?

72987442409.jpg

73283842731.jpg

81506445902.jpg

81506345902.jpg

81506145902.jpg

81506045902.jpg

73280942411.jpg

73280842411.jpg

any of you know about Dues Machina ... ???

Sangwoo and Junghwa was about to do a movie together but i was cancelled ... and i don't think they have any plan to continue ...

Archived