Problem with current version of Soompi?

Auntie Mame

Question

Ever since Soompi was moved to the latest software, I can't go back and forth between pages, within a single thread.

Ex: After reading page 46 of Money Flower, I want to backtrack to page 43.  When I select page 43, on the page number function, all I get is a constantly loading circle. I never get page 43.  But, I do get some miscellaneous news totally unrelated to the thread.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I thought problems would straighten out from the conversion.  However, it's been months.  (I've given up even coming onto Soompi.)

7 answers to this question

21 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

I get that it's problematic, I'd be frustrated too. However, the two of you are the only ones who are experiencing this problem. We've tested this and haven't encountered this problem, neither have other users.

The only logical conclusion I can come to at this point is that this problem must exist on your end. If you've tried cleaning Internethistory and removing cookies, you could try a different browser.

If that doesn't work either, please try visiting the forum on a different device (phone, tablet, computer of a friend, etc.). That would show you it works as intended. 

Ultimately you could email to help@soompi.com for additional assistance as from our end, we're unable to help you further. 

Thanks for your suggestion - it worked for me when I tried using my cell phone.  I haven't tried the tablet yet but hopefully it works too.  Thanks again!!

1 hour ago, Auntie Mame said:

I've given up even coming onto Soompi.

We can't be having that so I'll check out your problem immediately!

And I'm back :)

I've checked out the Money Flower thread for you as you mentioned this specifically

I went to page 46, like you, and clicked on page 43, like you. I got the 43 page. I tried other pages and both buttons at the top and bottom of the page but all worked flawlessly for me.

Problems like these could be caused by a faulty cookie. Could you try removing cookies and internethistory? You don't need to remove all, just Soompi's should be good enough to fix this.

After doing that, close your browser, re-open it and try again.

If it still happens, try another browser like Chrome, Firefox or Edge to see if that helps.

Let me know if things work out or don't work out for you :) 

@Auntie Mame

I've not encountered this at all.  Have you tried all the usual suspects -----> ie. clearing cookies and cache? Then maybe switch to another browser and try it from there?

Could you make a report via Soompi Support? There may well be others in your position and it's definitely something we should look into. 

Thank you and sorry for any hassle :) 

18 hours ago, viyra said:

Thanks for your suggestion - it worked for me when I tried using my cell phone.  I haven't tried the tablet yet but hopefully it works too.  Thanks again!!

I guess I spoke too soon - it only worked for a while.  It worked when I posted in the morning and when I tried at night, it doesn't work anymore.  Aiiisshhh!!!

5 hours ago, viyra said:

I guess I spoke too soon - it only worked for a while.  It worked when I posted in the morning and when I tried at night, it doesn't work anymore.  Aiiisshhh!!!

And you're having the same problems as before but now on other devices too?

If so, please mail to help@soompi.com and have them sort you out. Unfortunately this is beyond our capabilities. We can only point you in the direction of where we think the problem might be, but we're unable to check your account for problems if the problem is with Soompi for instance.

On 11-12-2017 at 6:44 PM, viyra said:

This is the same question I posted a while ago - still having the same exact problem.   It was really fun reading through all the comments back and forth.  But since this problem occurred, I seldom visit soompi anymore like I used to.  I hope this problem could be solved sooner.  I also tried clearing/cleaning cookies and still didn't work.

I get that it's problematic, I'd be frustrated too. However, the two of you are the only ones who are experiencing this problem. We've tested this and haven't encountered this problem, neither have other users.

The only logical conclusion I can come to at this point is that this problem must exist on your end. If you've tried cleaning Internethistory and removing cookies, you could try a different browser.

If that doesn't work either, please try visiting the forum on a different device (phone, tablet, computer of a friend, etc.). That would show you it works as intended. 

Ultimately you could email to help@soompi.com for additional assistance as from our end, we're unable to help you further. 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, Auntie Mame said:

Ever since Soompi was moved to the latest software, I can't go back and forth between pages, within a single thread.

Ex: After reading page 46 of Money Flower, I want to backtrack to page 43.  When I select page 43, on the page number function, all I get is a constantly loading circle. I never get page 43.  But, I do get some miscellaneous news totally unrelated to the thread.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I thought problems would straighten out from the conversion.  However, it's been months.  (I've given up even coming onto Soompi.)

This is the same question I posted a while ago - still having the same exact problem.   It was really fun reading through all the comments back and forth.  But since this problem occurred, I seldom visit soompi anymore like I used to.  I hope this problem could be solved sooner.  I also tried clearing/cleaning cookies and still didn't work.

Archived