[Season 1] Holiday Present Hunt 2017

Hanyeoun

Happy Holidays, Soompiers!

tumblr_p0kflaTxEp1wy6xm3o3_r1_1280.png

PRE-REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!

The event starts on December 15th 4:00pm PST!

December is back and we're all broke purchasing holiday gifts for our family and friends. It's okay, we get the chance of witnessing some beautiful snowfall...until they bury your car, preventing you attending your workplace or school. It's okay, we have the perfect event to unleash your fury in the Soompi's Annual Holiday Hunt Event!

Now, here’s how this event works:

For the first time ever, this year's holiday hunt features a team-based gameplay!

We will have two teams competing against each other for the whole duration of the event.

Team Idol members:
- All registered members with names starting with:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M (including symbols)

Team Sasaeng members:
- All registered members with names starting with:
N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z (including numbers)

Every day at 4:00pm PST from Friday, December 15th through Tuesday, December 26th, a hint will be posted in this forum thread. Using that clue, put on your holiday hunting gear and search for the blue present box that will be hidden anywhere within the Soompi forums. The gift box will be big and noticeable, but… only if you’re in the right place!

I repeat, each clue will only be available for ONE day, so save, save, save! (Our recommendation is to write down the thread name and page number of where you saw that sneaky gift box, copy the URL, and/or take a screenshot of the present.)

In total, there will be four rounds with each round lasting three days.
One round involves a specific theme: Kpop, Kdramas, actors/actresses or shippers paradise.
Three clues for each round.

In order to make your team win, you need to gather points.

The first clue is worth 30 points.
The second clue is worth 20 points.
The third clue is worth 10 points.

The team with the most points will win this year's holiday hunt!
The prize is 10,000 reputation points for every member of the winning team!

However, there's a catch!

At the end of each round, a Polldaddy Form will be posted, also in this forum thread, for you to submit your answers. You will have only one day after each round to submit, then a random person with all the correct answers from any team will be selected, via the draw-a-name-out-of-a-hat method as the winner, which means that, at the end of the Holiday Hunt event, we will have a total of four winners.

That's right! Not only you have to worry about the opponents' team, you will be competing against everyone for exclusive prizes from Viki! This is a team-based event which also punishes teamwork! So keep the answers for yourself if you want the big goodies!

This year, our prizes are:

(1) Soompi x Viki Swag Pack: Tote, large shirt, lanyard, sticker set, pen
25188696_10213925455547215_5915274274880208419_o.jpg

(1) Mystery Queen Pack: Poster + small tote

25157988_10213925460547340_2042017020124555092_n.jpg

(1) Legend of the Blue Sea Poster - It's pretty big; will also include a Soompi x Viki Tote

25075026_10213925462667393_2218308361126629806_o.jpg

(1) Lucky Romance Poster - Will also include a sticker set from the Soompi x Viki Swag pack

24993089_10213925463507414_3514556905386263918_n.jpg

To make things fair on which winner gets which prize, on Thursday, December 28th, the gamemaster will send to one of the Viki community managers, a PM with a number between 1 and 50. Then, on Friday, December 29th, every eligible winner will send me ONE guess on what that mystery number is. After all guesses have been submitted, the winners will be invited to the PM between me and the Viki Manager to see what that mystery number was. The order of the winners will be ranked by closest to the mystery number without going over and will be matched to the order of the prizes as listed above.

Without further ado, this is what the present box looks like:

imageproxy.png

The deadlines of every round are:

December 18, 4:00pm PST
December 21, 4:00pm PST
December 24, 4:00pm PST
December 27, 4:00pm PST

For more examples or to familiarize yourself with the holiday hunt process, take a look at last year’s thread here.

This event is open to all Soompiers, but please don’t be a grinch and ruin the fun by soliciting and/or providing the answers. Gentle hints are acceptable, but it’s no fun if the answer gets posted in the public thread! (If you’re curious about the answers, it will be all be revealed at the end of the event.

Just so you know, you are welcome to deceive the opponents' team by any means necessary as long it doesn't include ad hominem attacks and swearing. 

And now… let the games begin!

Ready!

Set!

HUNT!!

SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS WITH THE FORM

====> Round 4 <====

ROUND 1

Clue #1

Spoiler

One of us, also the tenth animal of a calendar, managed to be part of a Korean cultural phenomenon.

Clue #2

Spoiler

Led inadvertently the creation of two banes within a community.

Clue #3

Spoiler

Happy Virus lives out of VI and found in X.

ROUND 2

Clue #1

Spoiler

One half is reality. The other half is another reality.
One half is innocent while the other is not.
When both halves are fused, there is unity.

Clue #2

Spoiler

Both halves are fathered by a genius creator.
One half is real while the other is Frankenstein's monster.

When fused, they are very naughty.

Clue #3

Spoiler

One half is supposedly the hero of the story until a frame-up.
The other half invertedly became one.
Both of them are fated beyond time and space.
All strings of destiny written and drawn by a pen.

ROUND 3

Clue #1

Spoiler

02/15/18/14 -- 09/14 -- 07/25/05/15/14/07/07/09

a suave dog like Bond returns and still rockin' it in XVII

Clue #2

Spoiler

Not the Mayor of Gotham but close, 

Comfortable with the Boys in Blue, 

Latterly, brother to an Immortal in XVII.

Clue #3

Spoiler

A star cat-walker who Kicked the Moon and met Greatest Love in fan at City Hall on XVII

BONUS ROUND

Clue #1

Spoiler

One is Sun and the other one is the Moon.
One believes it is a duty to protect people, by any means necessary, even with losses.
The other one believes it is also a duty to protect people, by healing them.

Clue #2

Spoiler

One could believe love is real while the other could criticize stating it is a public relations stunt.

Clue #3

Spoiler

Beauty and the Big Boss in XVI 

ROUND 4

Clue #1

Spoiler

121322 082209052208 2608 2613 26052213202209'08 07121215 1221 071922 212615152213, 121322 082209052208 071922 132607181213.
26 11261809 04180719 231821212209221307 182322261508 250607 0426130708 17060807182422.
26 13222223 1221 2203111208181320 240918142208 261323 092223222214181320 120609 24120613070902142213.
071922 0709060719 0819261515 041813.

Clue #2

Spoiler

I have 3 fathers: an avenger, a patriot and a leader.

Clue #3

Spoiler

Truth is the only honesty the country needs.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

• Hanyeoun locked this topic
  • Hanyeoun pinned, unlocked and featured this topic
On 12/8/2017 at 2:26 AM, Hanyeoun said:

In total, there will be four rounds with each round lasting three days.
One round involves a specific theme: Kpop, Kdramas, or shippers paradise.
Three clues for each round.

In order to make your team win, you need to gather points.

The first clue is worth 30 points.
The second clue is worth 20 points.
The third clue is worth 10 points.

The team with the most points will win this year's holiday hunt!
The prize is 10,000 reputation points for every member of the winning team!

I don't understand this part... 
are we supposed to answer the question as a team or individuals ??
and about the clues worth part ... do you mean that if i could find the answer by the first clue only then I have 30 points but if i needed another clue I will get 20 points and so..? are all the clues refer to the same question? & how do I prove I answered the question by the first clue  only?

sorry for asking so much
thank you for creating such a lovely atmosphere every year!

You answer the questions as an individual, in order to be eligible for Viki prizes.

If you manage to guess the answer by yourself, it awards points towards your team. :)

The more people know, the more points your team will earn but will limit severely your chances to win Viki prizes.

It is a mechanic that encourages teamwork for reputation points but also punishes it if you want to earn stuff from our staff hahaha.

All the clues are related to one question: so if you answer right the first time by submitting your answer before the arrival of the second clue, it is worth 30 points. If not 20 points.

All the answers will be uploaded after the deadlines to prove if you got it right or not.

@aya94ib You are in team Idol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanyeoun said:

All the clues are related to one question: so if you answer right the first time by submitting your answer before the arrival of the second clue, it is worth 30 points. If not 20 points.

All the answers will be uploaded after the deadlines to prove if you got it right or not.

You are in team Idol.

thank you for replying <3 
just to make it clear what I understood from your comment is that the google submitting form will be posted along with the first clue?? or how else would you know that I answered the Q with just the 1st clue ??

1 minute ago, aya94ib said:

thank you for replying <3 
just to make it clear what I understood from your comment is that the google submitting form will be posted along with the first clue?? or how else would you know that I answered the Q with just the 1st clue ??

The google form's purpose is to let people submit their answer. The clues will be posted on the first post of this thread.

• Like 1

Ok so Head Office aka @Hanyeoun has given the mods the go ahead to join in the fun... whoop whoop cheer1-onion-head-emoticon.gifWe can't win prizes but that's ok. 

I'm here to gather all Team Idol into a group PM ..... Let's coordinate our hunt :D  So if your team IDOL and you want to take part, PM me and I'll add you to the group. 

TEAM IDOL HWAITING 

Image result for EYE OF THE TIGER GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, aya94ib said:

ah about my username? it was waya94 I don't know how does it changed ?! i just noticed it now :\

The username has to be changed by you in the advanced profile settings. If you want to you can just change it back. I added you to team Idol pm. 

• Like 2