[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Where the Lost Ones Go 可惜不是你

jayells

On 12/23/2017 at 2:05 AM, bentohouse said:

I couldn't find the scene (or i might have missed it) where they show us what was actually written on Ye Zi's yellow post-it note. The one where Ze Yi needed to find before Ye Zi agrees to become his girlfriend xD Anyone knows?

actually the note Ze Yi finds not Ye Zi's
because on female lead's weibo, she wrote:
"Did you remember the moment Ye Zi see the note and bend her head?
In fact, there are not many such coincidences in the world

How can Ze Yi find the one I wrote in the million sticky notes?
I just also like him, so no matter what he finds, I always say Yes
This is the secret of a sticky note. This is the secret of Ye Zi"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MinnieNg said:

OMG I did not expect that, out of all possibilities. Ah, these two are so cute. Ye Zi's innerthoughts, was it not included in any episodes? Wish they put this in. Still curious on the words on that sticky note though haha. Thank you so much @MinnieNg :) 

16 minutes ago, bentohouse said:

OMG I did not expect that, out of all possibilities. Ah, these two are so cute. Ye Zi's innerthoughts, was it not included in any episodes? Wish they put this in. Still curious on the words on that sticky note though haha. Thank you so much @MinnieNg :) 

Yeah, so many viewers curious until right now :))
btw, the interactions between the leads really cute during on screen or BTS

The kiss BTS. Half way, the cameraman or director said he saw "thin strings" (of sweet potato dish) after they kissed....a way of saying there are strings of saliva...hahaha....guess that made the actors super embarrassed.

This sweet dish...it's like they cooked sweet potato with sugar....u will get sticky "strings".

maxresdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, MinnieNg said:

Yeah, so many viewers curious until right now :))
btw, the interactions between the leads really cute during on screen or BTS

Omggg they are so cute, like seriously. How many takes did they take for a hugging scene omg haha. So sweet. Mango tv on Youtube only shared a few, the kiss scene included. I thought it was quite funny though I didn't understand what they are laughing about lol. Now I get it, hahaha. Thank you so much for sharing this.

3 hours ago, bentohouse said:

Omggg they are so cute, like seriously. How many takes did they take for a hugging scene omg haha. So sweet. Mango tv on Youtube only shared a few, the kiss scene included. I thought it was quite funny though I didn't understand what they are laughing about lol. Now I get it, hahaha. Thank you so much for sharing this.

The official Weibo's of this drama uploaded some of bts videos, after I watched this, I really love this OTP

Their interactions is natural, comfortable and sweet, just like Ze Yi and Ye Zi in drama
Beside, their visual, height really perfect for each other,  "handsome boy and pretty girl"  hahaha
I will upload other bts later

2 hours ago, MinnieNg said:

The official Weibo's of this drama uploaded some of bts videos, after I watched this, I really love this OTP

Their interactions is natural, comfortable and sweet, just like Ze Yi and Ye Zi in drama
Beside, their visual, height really perfect for each other,  "handsome boy and pretty girl"  hahaha
I will upload other bts later

I second this! They have a good chemistry so the cute and sweet scenes between these two work out really well ;D Yup, a handsome boy x pretty girl indeed. Thank you @MinnieNg , looking forward to see the rest of bts scenes. I don't understand the language so I couldn't get how Weibo works haha thanks again! :) 

2 hours ago, bentohouse said:

I second this! They have a good chemistry so the cute and sweet scenes between these two work out really well ;D Yup, a handsome boy x pretty girl indeed. Thank you @MinnieNg , looking forward to see the rest of bts scenes. I don't understand the language so I couldn't get how Weibo works haha thanks again! :) 

actually, a few bts clips they uploaded before, I feel female lead not really interested in her partner, I feel she's cool and usually keep slient on her set. But many bts clips they uploaded after the drama end make me fell in love with this OTP hahaha
Maybe because their age gap is quite small, so they easy to interact with each other
I notice that Kris Fan also likes to touch CC's hair, just like Ze Yi does with Ye Zi, so cute :))

In this bts, at 1:21, Ye Zi said "this pose just like a wedding shot" and the Ze Yi said "sooner or later" , omg, so natural :))

Other clips

Spoiler

And althought they're new actors, but their acting really good, in my opinion, they even better than a few popular actors at the same age
I really appreciated it :)

actually, a few bts clips they uploaded before, I feel female lead not really interested in her partner, I feel she's cool and usually keep slient on her set. But many bts clips they uploaded after the drama end make me fell in love with this OTP hahaha
Maybe because their age gap is quite small, so they easy to interact with each other
I notice that Kris Fan also likes to touch CC's hair, just like Ze Yi does with Ye Zi, so cute :))

In this bts, at 1:21, Ye Zi said "this pose just like a wedding shot" and the Ze Yi said "sooner or later" , omg, so natural :))

Other clips

Hide contents

And althought they're new actors, but their acting really good, in my opinion, they even better than a few popular actors at the same age
I really appreciated it :)

Thank you @MinnieNg This drama really introduced me to both actors. Fan Shi Qi, gosh, I still can't get over his eyes acting in EP 14. I cried with him.... And the way he hugged Ye Zi in EP 20, you can feel his pain.... and here it is, the BTS for both heartwrenching episode. Must be hard to keep the emotion in control.

Cecilia is very sweet throughout the drama. She did well. That one scene when she threw her things with Ze Yi only to take them back from the trash again and also when she discovers Ze Yi's artwork drawings of their memories together in his house, I think she did well there.

If I'm not mistaken Fan Shi Qi has an upcoming military drama? and Cecilia will be in Ten Years Late with Shawn Dou and Gulinazha. I'm so excited for both of them! 

16 minutes ago, bentohouse said:

Thank you @MinnieNg This drama really introduced me to both actors. Fan Shi Qi, gosh, I still can't get over his eyes acting in EP 14. I cried with him.... And the way he hugged Ye Zi in EP 20, you can feel his pain.... and here it is, the BTS for both heartwrenching episode. Must be hard to keep the emotion in control.

Cecilia is very sweet throughout the drama. She did well. That one scene when she threw her things with Ze Yi only to take them back from the trash again and also when she discovers Ze Yi's artwork drawings of their memories together in his house, I think she did well there.

If I'm not mistaken Fan Shi Qi has an upcoming military drama? and Cecilia will be in Ten Years Late with Shawn Dou and Gulinazha. I'm so excited for both of them! 

YES!!! everytime I see his eyes acting in the sadness moment, I just like "omg, he is going break my heart again" 

Just because so much happy, loving, sweet moments in the past and now they meet again but our love now include regret, silence, distance... and they can't comeback to the brave, lovely Ze Yi and Ye Zi anymore. This thought make my heart overwhelming feeling of sadness

The screenwriter really know how to make viewers heartbroken :))

But I'm a little bit disappointed because the drama not really popular in China or International, with good script, good director, good actors, good plots but most viewers watch another drama and skip this drama, I think the cast and crew deserve praise than right now, tbh

Yes, Fan Shi Qi has upcoming military drama. And Cecilia is filming Ten Years Late, but another her drama "Mr.Right" with Jin Dong and Jiang Shuying  will be on air soon

Let's hope their drama will be successful, they deserve it!

YES!!! everytime I see his eyes acting in the sadness moment, I just like "omg, he is going break my heart again" 

Just because so much happy, loving, sweet moments in the past and now they meet again but our love now include regret, silence, distance... and they can't comeback to the brave, lovely Ze Yi and Ye Zi anymore. This thought make my heart overwhelming feeling of sadness

The screenwriter really know how to make viewers heartbroken :))

But I'm a little bit disappointed because the drama not really popular in China or International, with good script, good director, good actors, good plots but most viewers watch another drama and skip this drama, I think the cast and crew deserve praise than right now, tbh

Yes, Fan Shi Qi has upcoming military drama. And Cecilia is filming Ten Years Late, but another her drama "Mr.Right" with Jin Dong and Jiang Shuying  will be on air soon

Let's hope their drama will be successful, they deserve it!

I know right?! This drama deserves more love and attention. I know people have different taste and preference but I do wish they will give this drama a chance especially since this drama has been officially subbed by the channel itself.

A Love So Beautiful garnered a lot of attention due to it's premise as it is rather sweet and fluffy. I guess people do not prefer something that has a tint of angst and bittersweet in it, cause Where The Lost Ones Go is just that, sweet yet angsty. I find it rather realistic cause nothing is ever sweet in life. And apart from  the romance part, I like the overall process of growing up potrayed by this drama. The screen writer did a great job for sure. And gosh, the directing and cinematography deserves an applause as well!

I have promoted this drama on Twitter and Youtube so often now haha. I recommended this to a friend of mine as well xD Time will tell but I hope more people will watch it! :)

Yup, can't wait to see their new drama! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 6:11 AM, MinnieNg said:

I must have missed what the note said.. what exactly did the note say?? 

Finally finished this impressive drama today.  I had to take a break at episode 22 because there were no subs and didn't manage to pick it up again until now. Thank you to the kind subbers on the YouTube.

What a bittersweet drama.  I found the second half somewhat painful watching especially as we no longer had so many of their wonderfully sweet moments of the past integrated with the more grim realities of the present and Ze Yi's emotional trauma and his often frustrating behaviour in the last third of the drama. My only criticism was that I thought the plagiarism subplot was a little unbelievable and I wasn't sure what the point of the sudden tragic subplot/fake alarm for Zeyi's best friend and her husband. I loved the friendships between everyone and it was nice to see they didn't demonise either of the second leads especially poor Lin Sen.  I'm just so relieved that it was a sweet ending after everything that happened.

As others have said it such a pity this did not receive the attention it deserved internationally or domestically and was overshadowed by that other fluffy drama.  Fan Shi Qi and Cecilia Boey were superb and I'm looking forward to their future works. I'd love to see the production team behind this work on another project. So much praise for everyone involved from actors to writing to directing to editing to stylist to cinematography.  

Thanks so much for the BTS @MinnieNg

52 minutes ago, raziela said:

Finally finished this impressive drama today.  I had to take a break at episode 22 because there were no subs and didn't manage to pick it up again until now. Thank you to the kind subbers on the YouTube.

What a bittersweet drama.  I found the second half somewhat painful watching especially as we no longer had so many of their wonderfully sweet moments of the past integrated with the more grim realities of the present and Ze Yi's emotional trauma and his often frustrating behaviour in the last third of the drama. My only criticism was that I thought the plagiarism subplot was a little unbelievable and I wasn't sure what the point of the sudden tragic subplot/fake alarm for Zeyi's best friend and her husband. I loved the friendships between everyone and it was nice to see they didn't demonise either of the second leads especially poor Lin Sen.  I'm just so relieved that it was a sweet ending after everything that happened.

As others have said it such a pity this did not receive the attention it deserved internationally or domestically and was overshadowed by that other fluffy drama.  Fan Shi Qi and Cecilia Boey were superb and I'm looking forward to their future works. I'd love to see the production team behind this work on another project. So much praise for everyone involved from actors to writing to directing to editing to stylist to cinematography.  

Thanks so much for the BTS @MinnieNg

Glad you were able to watch it! I like it as well. It had a little bit of everything-- comic relief, romance, college love story,  melo drama.. etc. :)

On 1/4/2018 at 12:18 PM, thunderman1 said:

I must have missed what the note said.. what exactly did the note say?? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but they never actually show us what the note says...Camera shows a glimpse of it when Ze Yi paste it on his shirt but that's it...I'm curious too actually T.T

22 hours ago, bentohouse said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but they never actually show us what the note says...Camera shows a glimpse of it when Ze Yi paste it on his shirt but that's it...I'm curious too actually T.T

I am still curious.. went back to all the episodes from 11-20 where most of the flashbacks happened but still I can't find out what it said. I'm thinking that she knew she would get married to him? Though I felt the ending was sort of open ending or at least it should have ended where they greeted each other again and introducing themselves to each other. I found this is a type of drama where open ending would have been suitable because Ze Yi was beginning to find himself again. 

22 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I am still curious.. went back to all the episodes from 11-20 where most of the flashbacks happened but still I can't find out what it said. I'm thinking that she knew she would get married to him? Though I felt the ending was sort of open ending or at least it should have ended where they greeted each other again and introducing themselves to each other. I found this is a type of drama where open ending would have been suitable because Ze Yi was beginning to find himself again. 

She didn't say yes but she didn't reject him either. An open ending would be quite meaningful actually, and I agree with your thought on Ze Yi finding himself again.

A mutual told me about the director's post on Weibo, she mentioned that Ze Yi’s house is a “basement” where he goes down the stairs, whereas Ye Zi’s house is upwards. At the final episode at the staircase scene, they were walking in opposite direction of their houses (Ze Yi upwards, Ye Zi downwards). So, the interpretation that the director intended to show is that Ze Yi is no longer the dark Ze Yi ... or some sort.

Fan Shi Qi actually posted something on Weibo about the ending scene too but I can't read chinese...so T.T I guess they choose to include the wedding scene to make the viewers happy? lol but I am content with both endings so~ ^^

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2018 at 12:17 PM, bentohouse said:

Fan Shi Qi actually posted something on Weibo about the ending scene too but I can't read chinese...so T.T

Hi! Can you please share the Weibo link with me? I'm really curious about it and I know a moderate amount of Chinese so I'm crossing my fingers that I might understand it:D

Archived