[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Where the Lost Ones Go 可惜不是你

jayells

Good news. They have further subbed ep 8 - 10....but 6 and 7 still unsubbed....abit strange the sequence after ep1-5 were initially subbed. Maybe wait 1-2 days. 

For unsub, youtube got 13 eps. Mango TV or Tencent got until 15 episodes. Total is 24 ep.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0PsHrQxhYwRKa54Ml9zjea7b_STlHQjy

They also release a "new" series of episodes under "College version"....so far 4 episodes, unsubbed. After browsing ep 1 abit....i suspect they re-edit the scenes to run in normal time flow....starting from college life. Most obvious is ep 1 doesn't start with the wedding, it just start with Yezi walking into her school.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0PsHrQxhYwT9pSqKuhvfV6a9-vkml3Pj

As u will know, the original version is a mixture of their working life many yrs later....with narration and flashback to their college life where they fell in love. While some viewers find it confusing, some like it b'cos it's an unique way to compare the sweet and sad moments....eg when both happen at the same place, but yrs apart.....or certain actions/dialogue are the same, but invoke different feelings then and now. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

A clip which focus on the female lead. She threw away his stuff and tried to list the negative things about him...then teared up...probably when u start to think of the bad things...u will remember the good things too. Then she went to pick back his stuff from the rubbish bin...

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av16751416.html

The bgm or song is YeZi or Leaf...the female char's name....sang by Kris Fan the actor himself. 

His voice is so good! Do you know if they release a full version of Kris Fan's Ye Zi?

The song Ye Zi is actually an old song dated 2003, sang by Ah Sang 阿桑 for the taiwanese drama 蔷薇之恋 The Rose . But the singer died of breast cancer in 2009 at 34yo. 

Spoiler

The Rose is quite popular last time, starring girl group SHE,  郑元畅 Joseph Cheng and 黄志玮 Jerry Huang.

the-rose.jpg

By original singer. The theme of Leaf is used to express being alone, even if in love, there's that feeling of floating around, fear of losing u etc.

Kris Fan's full version.....can't find much in youtube....for china mp3 sites, many said taken down due to copyright issue....probably they intend to sell the OST. Only this poor version :

The version of the song "Pity it's not you" 可惜不是你 used in the drama....it's a duet (the original is one female) by 曹轩宾 and 金海心. Drama mv version :

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/FxC9O1XUO?fid=1034:2173a6982afcc71a7cd63a26218e366a

A mention of this scene....screenshot. This is the last time they both saw each other in school. Quite clever to use the building structure. They parted way in the centre....though side by side.....but the girl on the left move upwards (she would graduate and have a good job)....while for him, he would get into trouble and his life goes downwards....

62ce5973ly1flytpu3124j228018v4bm.jpg

Feel the show didn't get much promotion. Anyway came across this....quite a few celebrities gave their support in this clip, singing abit of the title song. Even see Xing Zhaolin (Eternal love, I Cannot Hug You) near the end of clip. Kris Fan sported very short hair now b'cos filming a military-themed drama.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:55 AM, Cedric Ong said:

The song Ye Zi is actually an old song dated 2003, sang by Ah Sang 阿桑 for the taiwanese drama 蔷薇之恋 The Rose . But the singer died of breast cancer in 2009 at 34yo. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Rose is quite popular last time, starring girl group SHE,  郑元畅 Joseph Cheng and 黄志玮 Jerry Huang.

By original singer. The theme of Leaf is used to express being alone, even if in love, there's that feeling of floating around, fear of losing u etc.

Kris Fan's full version.....can't find much in youtube....for china mp3 sites, many said taken down due to copyright issue....probably they intend to sell the OST. Only this poor version :

The version of the song "Pity it's not you" 可惜不是你 used in the drama....it's a duet (the original is one female) by 曹轩宾 and 金海心. Drama mv version :

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/FxC9O1XUO?fid=1034:2173a6982afcc71a7cd63a26218e366a

A mention of this scene....screenshot. This is the last time they both saw each other in school. Quite clever to use the building structure. They parted way in the centre....though side by side.....but the girl on the left move upwards (she would graduate and have a good job)....while for him, he would get into trouble and his life goes downwards....

Feel the show didn't get much promotion. Anyway came across this....quite a few celebrities gave their support in this clip, singing abit of the title song. Even see Xing Zhaolin (Eternal love, I Cannot Hug You) near the end of clip. Kris Fan sported very short hair now b'cos filming a military-themed drama.

Thank you so much Cedric Ong! I love all the songs that they used in this drama.

For Ye Zi, I like both the original ver + Kris Fan's. It was beautiful when he sang to Ye Zi but it became very sad when they used it as the bgm when the finally met again.

For Unfortunately It's Not You I freaking cried during the ending credits! haha. Such a beautiful song T.T

Woah, I simply thought the scene was beautifully shot but turns out it has a deeper meaning than that...Really hope Ze Yi will pick himself up again. Another scene that I think was cleverly done is in Episode 15.

When he was smiling at his phone, reading an article about how successful Ye Zi is, only to look at his reflection in the mirror right after - to the dejected, timid and gloomy Xiang Ze Yi.

I wish this drama will get more attention and love as it deserves! 

I too think this drama is special I think it's sincere look at love and the very fact that it can survive time, separation and and even that feeling of being abandoned...  It's story is just so beautiful and so are it's truths in that of the heart...

tumblr_p08wmvo2NG1qjewt6o4_400.gif

tumblr_p08sqkEYb21uxuq3vo5_500.jpg

tumblr_p04zxj2wwV1uxuq3vo2_500.jpg

Just to provide an update, 20 episodes have now been uploaded with 14 of them subbed in English.

Also, here are English lyrics for one of the songs on the OST:

https://onehallyu.com/topic/617813-fan-shiqi-范世锜-听得见吧-you-can-hear-it-right/

The song is sung by the male lead and is one of my favorites on the OST.

47 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@jayells Thanks so much for posting!!!  I have been watching it even without the subs and you know what I still love it and continues to move my heart even without the words!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I guess that is a real testament to the quality of this drama (visual storytelling) and to the cast and crew as you're able to still enjoy this drama despite not fully understanding what is being said. :grin:

On 11/12/2017 at 1:56 AM, jayells said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I guess that is a real testament to the quality of this drama (visual storytelling) and to the cast and crew as you're able to still enjoy this drama despite not fully understanding what is being said. :grin:

Thanks again for starting this thread @jayells :blush:

Thanks to everyone updating this thread too if anyone involved with the YouTube subbing is here I'm I'm so grateful for the subs otherwise I would have missed out on this underrated gem :heart:

Currently on Episode 10 and I am so impressed with this drama!  I love it!  I wish it were getting more attention here and domestically :(.  I totally agree with you that the visual storytelling really makes this stand out. I  love the sombre and more mature tone rather than the over colourful somewhat childish tone many of the current youth dramas have. The acting, directing, writing, cinematography, soundtrack are fantastic especially considering this must have a limited budget.  I'm impressed with all of the actors and I adore our lead couple so much but I'm especially impressed with Kris Fan/Fan Shi Qi and the way he is playing his character as a youthful idealistic teen and the older jaded adult.

@raziela

Great post and I agree with you on everything you said!

As you mentioned, I am extremely impressed with this drama from a production standpoint considering its budget limitations. There was that scene @Cedric Ong highlighted above and also one where the leads are sharing an intimate moment after setting off fireworks and hiding from a security guard. The scene is filmed in the dead of night but they used a streetlight as a light source through an opening in a wall along with a closeup of the pair that gave the scene a real warmness for a lack of a better term. 

The drama is about among other things, grief/losing someone close to you and how we deal/move on from it. Like you said, all the actors have done a great job in portraying the hopeful/optimistic younger versions and the jaded adults they've become after experiencing growing pains. With Xiang Ze Yi, you definitely see the marked differences between his playful and carefree younger self and the regret and remorse he feels for hurting the person he loved in his "older" self. Similarly, Yezi now seems more "detached" or guarded after being hurt by the person she loved and learning how to deal/move on with it.

Another thing I love about the drama is all the friendships/sisterhood of the main characters. They bicker and fight with one another but ultimately they talk and work things out and are there for each other.

I too am sad that this drama is being overlooked at the moment especially since it is being subbed in English. (I share your sentiments and am thankful to those who are subbing it!)

Hopefully more people give it a chance!

On 12/13/2017 at 10:06 AM, jayells said:

@raziela

Great post and I agree with you on everything you said!

As you mentioned, I am extremely impressed with this drama from a production standpoint considering its budget limitations. There was that scene @Cedric Ong highlighted above and also one where the leads are sharing an intimate moment after setting off fireworks and hiding from a security guard. The scene is filmed in the dead of night but they used a streetlight as a light source through an opening in a wall along with a closeup of the pair that gave the scene a real warmness for a lack of a better term. 

The drama is about among other things, grief/losing someone close to you and how we deal/move on from it. Like you said, all the actors have done a great job in portraying the hopeful/optimistic younger versions and the jaded adults they've become after experiencing growing pains. With Xiang Ze Yi, you definitely see the marked differences between his playful and carefree younger self and the regret and remorse he feels for hurting the person he loved in his "older" self. Similarly, Yezi now seems more "detached" or guarded after being hurt by the person she loved and learning how to deal/move on with it.

Another thing I love about the drama is all the friendships/sisterhood of the main characters. They bicker and fight with one another but ultimately they talk and work things out and are there for each other.

I too am sad that this drama is being overlooked at the moment especially since it is being subbed in English. (I share your sentiments and am thankful to those who are subbing it!)

Hopefully more people give it a chance!

I finally got the chance to pick up this drama. Loving the narration so far. Must be the year of college dramas again. 

I am on ep 5 and do much angtsy. I also watched the last episode just to see if I want to continue. :) I will watch unti the end.

Archived