Seeking Advice ~~ Any tips on how to sing better?

rainyaxamy

• 1 month later...

So first of all, I really like your voice and your tone is really pretty and clear especially with your high notes. If anything I'd say for your lower range (especially around 42 seconds in the video before you go into the section with higher notes) if you could work on vocal placement that would bring up the overall quality, by this I just mean that the lower notes sound like they're coming from your throat instead of being supported by breath coming from your diaphragm. If you give your lower range a little more support when you sing I think you'll be happy with the outcome, I find it's easier to stay in the center of the pitch with that support and easier to follow more complicated melodies that require more vocal agility. I once had a vocal teacher who said if you didn't break a sweat then you didn't perform, I think it's easy to forget that as singers we really have to engage our abdominal muscles and that every part of the body can and usually does affect our instrument (the voice). I also really liked the emotion in your voice, I normally don't like OST covers as much because the emotion can come across as a little too rehearsed but I liked your covers, they felt a lot more real/honest as far as emotion goes than most of the OST covers I've seen recently. Anyway, I hope this helps! 

-Lily 

Archived