Quantcast
meechuttso

OFFICIAL JiAn-Hyuk JoGak-Sculpture-Couple Thread (Shin HyeSun ❤ Lee TaeHwan)

Okay Hyuk has now officially become Jisoo's boyfriend. :cold_sweat:

Suddenly he didn't like Jian anymore lol. Whatever. I still wish that silly Jian will stay true to her words and not be with DK whatsoever. I would be happiest that she carved a name of her own in her furniture design career and be happy on her own without DK and the Haesung family.

Edited by Ni Wen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I saw the clips but i'm not even angry: the scene was badly acted and anti-climatic. 

Ridiculous is what defines the drama at this point: imaginary cancer!!!

Can you believe it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

Ridiculous is what defines the drama at this point: imaginary cancer!!!

Can you believe it? 

It's getting crazier really. Is the writer running out of ideas or getting some kind of writers block?!:blink:

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

Im so happy that this thread being created..tq so much@meechuttso and all of you here..

As you know, I love Shin hye sun since the drama Five and i shipped jianny and hyuk from the beginning..especially when i saw the poster that the one with all the family gathering up ( all the cast) to take picture.so sorry i dont know how to attach it here...i saw that every couple were standing each other except jisoo and hyuk...hyuk were standing beside jian and holding jian shoulder....seems like there is a chance for jia  to be with hyuk...Lol..its just my imagination..

I just want to say that i am so sooooo dissapointed for tonight ep..can i say that? We know that all the cast were awsome in acting..but i cant really feel or make sense that hyuk gonna have a sentimental feeling with JS all along...suddenly now they are officially a couple( seems like but still waiting for the sub)...why jiany why??? Why cant jiany love hyuk back ...hyuk  saved jianny 2 times if im not mistaken and hyuk have been helping her all along...why jianny doesnt feel anything in her heart beside treating hyuk as her friend ..

I normally like to lurking here and there but tonight episode make me so uneasy:( . Im so sorry guys, im not good at expressing my thought about this drama...but i love to read all the posting that you guys post in here and other thread....it feels that you guys write exactly how i felt...love you guys! And tq...( im not very good in english that why most of the time i do the lurking things:lol:

• Like 4

@Aries17 Welcome to the thread: It's good to have you joined us. :blush:

Don't worry about your language, nobody is a native english speaker here  :)

And i loved to read your thoughts too! 

I feel the same as you about last episode: sadly it broke all my high  hopes for this couple :bawling:.

The poster was such a lie: more an ensemble cast poster to promote the actors than a real clue about the plot, or only an half clue since it's true that Ji Soo was the real lost daughter, but i don't believe anymore  they intended to spoil the plot. For me, it seems now  that they just put the two main actresses at equal distance of the main male lead. Hyuk's hand was just LTH being nice to his favourite costar (he's friend with SHS).  

But you're not the only one who wanted to believe that Hyuk and Ji An could be more: the plot offered us such a strong relationship for them, especially after she's been so violently  crushed by the Choi family, even by Do Kyung whom she liked and after Hyuk saved  Ji An and brought her back.

I agree it doesn't make any sense that their feelings for each other at that point didn't turn into a romantic love, considering that Hyuk has much more to offer than Do Kyung, and is more compatible with her (also i think he looks better but maybe it's only me:lol:).       

@Ni Wen She's running out of ideas i think. 50 episodes is very long, and it's been awhile since the drama didn't deliver something compelling in term of character development. 

After Ji An's suicide attempt,  the writer went in the opposite direction to where she wanted to end the drama to make things less predictable and more addictive, thinking that taking the characters  back to her initial goal would give her enough content to fill all the time she had until the end. But it didn't work and that's why she slowed down the pace of the drama so much, especially  after Do Kyung joined the shared house.

Hyuk and Ji Soo for example could have been together largely sooner: those twists and turns about the hidden connection between  the ex sisters and Hyuk being kept in the dark were very poorly exploited and easily resolved.  

The minute Ji An knew Ji Soo liked him, she "dropped" Hyuk on her and everything could have been solved if she talked with him about it. It was the same problem for  Hyuk's indecision about which girl he loved. 

In the clips posted by Drama KBS, one thing stand out strongly, almost spectacularly for me, it's how childish Do Kyung and Ji Soo were with their "lovers".

By contrast, Ji An and Hyuk were the total opposite: on the intellectual level by the understanding they showed  of their own situation in each case, by the way they dealt with their emotions, but also physically  because of their posture.  

They looked adult, calm, responsible, determined, capable to take the initiative, to take care of their loved  one when they were sick, and to be considerate of their lover's feelings. 

On the opposite, the Choi siblings are a complete disaster and i don't know which one was the worst: 

Ji Soo who called Ji Ho (i'm tired of seeing this boy being used by the Choi sisters, please just free him writer)  and forced him to play his boyfriend. But she was left speechless when Hyuk didn't believe it  not even for one second,  dismissed Ji Ho as if he was a little boy and grabbed her hand to force her to follow him to the next cafe to talk. She acted and looked like a child scolded by her parent, especially  with her head down during the all sequence.

Add to that, that  Hyuk was fed up of her game for attention and refusal to clear the situation  and showed his impatience by drumming his fingers on the table and you got a  picture where both really, couldn't look less compatible.:rolleyes:  

Or Do Kyung who started the episode looking more foolish  than ever: after the end of his discussion with Ji An and the confirmation of her rejection, he was so pissed off that on their way back home he tried to leave first but come back at least 2 times to make sure she notices he was angry (like a child throwing a tantrum and spying after the reaction of his parent). Since she didn't change her decision, he went to run under the snow until he got sick!:blink:  

Of course, she spent the night nursing him, kissed him while he was sleeping and even made breakfast in the morning for him. He was not even grateful but rather jealous when he saw her leaving with Hyuk, and she was stupid enough to feel sorry for him when she saw his reaction!

When  Huyk and Ji An were ready to leave for work and Do Kyung get out his room at the same time, the contrast between their attitude seemed striking to me. While the best friends were in synch,  with a calm and detached attitude,  Do Kyung looked overwhelmed by his jealousy.

It's not the first time this kind of confrontation happens between the 3 of them, but it never shed such a clear light on Do Kyung's selfishness and immaturity. Maybe because Ji An nursed him the night before but was still going to work in the morning despite her fatigue, and Hyuk never gave in this useless competition that Do Kyung tried to force on him and was still above it at this moment....  

What's done is done. I just feel sorry that they will spend the rest of their life  coddling two idiots, who will feel entitled to their priviledges and will think it was normal for them to get everything they wanted,  while making no effort and no sacrifice to tame even a little bit their selfishness and jealousy.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey everyone! I finally had time to catch up on this show today. Episode 37 briefly raised my hopes but episode 38 dashed them. I am in full agreement with you @titania1000  on the childishness and immaturity of CDK and JiSoo. Jian’s absolutely correct rejection of CDK being undercut later by her nursing and kissing him while he lay sick due to his own silly actions was truly dispiriting to watch. 

CDK: “WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO GET?” 
Just utterly nauseating. 

LOL  @meechuttso at you renaming CDK as Kokoschka. To be fair to Kokoschka, he at least went on to paint the masterpiece ‘Bride of the wind’.  CDK hasn’t made any similar positive contributions to society. 

Thank you @meechuttso @titania1000 @Ni Wen for reading and enjoying my first post!

Without your earlier observations in the main thread I never would have written my original Kokoschka theory post. I’m normally a fairly passive consumer of entertainment. I usually just watch and move on. Thank you so much for provoking me into thinking seriously about storytelling and characterization. 

I hope to write more later but I’ll leave you with something interesting I noticed about the new JiSoo-Hyuk relationship. Not only was it anti-climactic and abrupt, it was just ‘too easy’. It wasn’t dramatically earned.
Hyuk’s attraction to Jisoo is partially grounded on him finding and reading her confession script. Except it’s not her script.

Jian actually wrote Jisoo’s confession script. 

See episode 1 (27:44-28:11)
Jian: You can’t confess your love to him. The script I wrote for you. Give it back. Give it to me.
Jisoo: I already memorized it all.
Jian: What?
Jisoo: I know all the lines. Do you still want it?
Jian: (laughing) Gosh, everything is just too easy for you. Okay I give up.

Hyuk growing attracted to Jisoo partly because of a script Jian wrote seems to be a deeply cruel and sick joke the writer is playing on poor Hyuk.

Or. Maybe, just maybe, it’s a subtle clue that Jisoo and Hyuk won’t last as their relationship is founded on a falsehood. I know which interpretation I like!

To the bitter end!

• Like 3

Welcome @mglthrw8! I'm so happy that you find your way back to us, chingu!:blush:  

I love how this thread is growing slowly but surely into a nice community with more people joining us. 

Your first post was perfect and deserved all the praise! I can't wait to read the rest of your thoughts.

On 15/01/2018 at 4:02 AM, mglthrw8 said:

Without your earlier observations in the main thread I never would have written my original Kokoschka theory post. I’m normally a fairly passive consumer of entertainment. I usually just watch and move on. Thank you so much for provoking me into thinking seriously about storytelling and characterization

That's the sweetest thing that you could say. There's very few things more satisfying than watching people like you, answering to a new desire to look deeper and criticize  what's been offered to them in in term of narrative.

Same goes for @Aries17 who broke too the barrier of language to share with us her view. 

Jian actually wrote Jisoo’s confession script. 

See episode 1 (27:44-28:11)
Jian: You can’t confess your love to him. The script I wrote for you. Give it back. Give it to me.
Jisoo: I already memorized it all.
Jian: What?
Jisoo: I know all the lines. Do you still want it?
Jian: (laughing) Gosh, everything is just too easy for you. Okay I give up.

So THIS, just wake up and fuel my desire to ship our adorable and only main leading couple. :glasses:

It's been only one day but with an argument as powerful and pertinent as this one, you bet that i'm 1 billion% back on track on this ship. 

I can't leave them, i'm too hooked on them for that. They are everything i want to see in a romance, no matter how their story is written currently.

How can i ignore that Hyuk started to develop romantic feelings because of a love letter written by Ji An? 

How can this be a coincidence? How can this detail (the letter) which was so old that it predates the time where she entered the Choi Family, reappear now without a special significance other than the obvious one?   

Back then, the triangle existed already and now more than ever with this information, even if in appearance the couple have switched.

Ji An wrote a letter thinking about what she would want to say if she was in love, and this letter was adressed to Hyuk, though she didn't know it. It transformed his heart  which was rejecting Ji Soo strongly to create love. 

Their connection: the same one which lead him to meet her again after 10 years  during a car accident at a turning point in her life; which make him call her the precise moment she was lost in the middle of nowhere, under rain and in the cold, at night, with a weak phone battery and despite all the odds make him find her;  which made him recognize her with only one look when she tried to hide on the port;  this connection was working too for this letter.

It's  something so strong, an energy so special that it survives all the chaos going on in Ji An's life, even when they were the most distant, physically and spiritually.    

I hope to write more later but I’ll leave you with something interesting I noticed about the new JiSoo-Hyuk relationship. Not only was it anti-climactic and abrupt, it was just ‘too easy’. It wasn’t dramatically earned.
Hyuk’s attraction to Jisoo is partially grounded on him finding and reading her confession script. Except it’s not her script.

Nothing make sense in the way Hyuk decided that he loved her and that he was time to act on it.

The whole thing was suggested by his best friend/"brother", who like i said was testing his influence on him: he came up with  the idea of an opposition between worrying and thinking which didn't work for Ji An and Hyuk since he's doing both for her (and also talking about her all the time), and asserted that it was the best criterion to decide who was the most important for Hyuk.But why? On which basis? His friend's experience of love? What about the couples who get reunited agaonst all the odds like Hee and Nam Goo?

Every argument against our ship came from him: that Hyuk couldn't be in love with Ji An, because it was too long since they met, that first love don't last, that he was just pretending because it was more comfortable... 

Something is fishy about the way his friend acted in this scene: "the enemy of my brother" line was so unconvincing, the fact  Hyuk was himself troubled by the attention given by his friend to his feelings and noticed  how far his friend was thinking. 

Also,  there's no reason for him to give so much importance to the fact that Hyuk was troubled during the Christmas meal they shared at Hee's cafe. He was drunk that night: how did he remember that Hyuk was distracted? And look at the  emphasis he put on Ji An's presence: as if she was taking all the place and that her presence should have erased everything else for Hyuk. 

Though Hyuk wasn't convinced entirely ( he asked himself "was i pretending?"), he  used exactly the same words used by his friend  to explain to Ji Soo why he changed his mind and went for her.

For me, he wasn't talking with his heart (look at how LTH delivered his speech), he was pretending (not consciously)  and used for that someone's else ready to use speech. I feel that he imitated too the way his sister acted with her husband when he met them with Ji Soo to announce the news. From the way he called her his girlfriend to the way he put his hand on her shoulder, it was, for me,  all about appearances.              

I see  Hyuk as a man hurt badly by Ji An's apparent decision to go back to Do Kyung, who is tired to wait but denies strongly to himself the right to express it (see all the scenes where they exchanged looks silently usually just after Do Kyung leaves her in a bad state). At this point, he's doing  what seems right to him: moving on with someone who loves him, but it's not necessarily the end of his feelings for Ji An: it still can  become the way for him to clear his feelings for Ji Soo before going back to his only and true love. 

Hyuk growing attracted to Jisoo partly because of a script Jian wrote seems to be a deeply cruel and sick joke the writer is playing on poor Hyuk.

Or. Maybe, just maybe, it’s a subtle clue that Jisoo and Hyuk won’t last as their relationship is founded on a falsehood. I know which interpretation I like!

For me, it's not anymore  a joke after your post: it's one of the many clues hidden in the drama, which open the possibility for a different ending, a big clue that you found at the perfect time for me.:) 

At this level, it's not either a coincidence  that the incompatibility between Ji An/Do Kyung and Ji Soo and Hyuk (in term of maturity in both cases) was so much enhanced during this episode.

I expect Hyuk to "nurse"/coddle Ji Soo before "sending" her to her family/oversea, just like Ji An nursed Do Kyung the night he was sick. She  has every intention to send him back to his mother like she promised (and planned even before she promised it),  but got attached enough to make this task more emotional than it should be. 

I don't know how many noticed but she actually didn't kiss him on the lip ( there's few screencaps on twitter that showed clearly that she avoided his lips). Scenes like that are always carefully filmed, so it's not a detail or a mistake. I see it as  a symbol that she can't act on her feelings.   

One could say that this interpretation denies the importance/intensity of her feelings for Do Kyung.

After all, she showed  signs of real love, which made me reflect on the possibility that the writer is giving us an "accelerate" version of what their life together could have been, making them realize that they couldn't work,  through living a chain of events almost similar to what a real married couple would have been through: from living with her "in laws" to be chased out of the house for a lie, from trying to move on to be pursued by her ex "husband" in order to reconcile, from having a hard time to ignore him and denying her feelings to nursing him like a devoted wife but  still getting blamed for not following his demands, not accepting his family, and for doing an useless job.....

Hyuk being the patient lover and potential new companion who supports her from the side, waiting for her ordeal to end before being reunited with her for good, in a similar way to his sister and her husband.           

It's only few little different ways to consider this story and make peace with it.....

• Like 2

On 1/15/2018 at 3:02 AM, mglthrw8 said:

Just utterly nauseating. 

My mother told me if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. I will take her advice here rather than pile on on top of your sentiment, for the sake of my own mental and emotional health. I will not drink of this poisonous character.

Not only was it anti-climactic and abrupt, it was just ‘too easy’. It wasn’t dramatically earned.

The writer stumbles in so many places, and watching her set everyone up for what we were anticipating, only to repeatedly take the easy way out by glossing over very fine details she had carefully set up from episode 1 is just beyond contempt.

Except it’s not her script.

And yet you manage to come up with another one, @mglthrw8 , enough to get some of us to gasp for one more breath in this thread-bare thread. The way I interpret it, we've got a bit of Rostand's Cyrano de Bergerac going on here? Will Roxane (shall we dub your version Hyuxane?) pick up on this hint in future episodes somehow? Will the tall but short-on-wits fellow suddenly become sensitive enough to notice? Was Cyrano (Jiannyrano?) unwittingly letting her long dormant high school eros towards Hyuxane dictate her pen that she had thought was helping her dumb doughy stupid inferiority-complex-ridden spoiled pippi-longstocking-haired cry-baby 'little' not-twin sister in her retarded infatuation for the very same Hyuxane?

Perhaps @titania1000 or someone more versed in French literature can help. It would sure help us take our mind off this third rate Korean writer trapped in a weekend winter-wear fashion showcase excuse for a life drama.:crazy:

To the bitter end!

Yes, what's left is for Hyuk to realize all the ways that Ji-Soo is as much poison to him as you know who is to Jianny. He will realize that:

1. His new g.f. is a fake who withheld vital information about herself from him. 2. Her sister is his real crush. 3. Her brother is a crybaby stalker like her. 4. Her brother is the poison to Jianny, who is still brain damaged from the suicide attempt and thinks she owes the stalker her 'love'. 5. He could be 'family' with the toxic Chois if he doesn't drop her like the plague right now. 6. He could also end up awkwardly in-laws with Jianny since he knows what Kokoschka was after. 7. The thought of settling for cry-baby when her sister is the desire of his heart and the blood in his veins will prove unbearable for Hyuk.

I don't know that I added anything substantive to this shipper thread at all, but I had to get something off my chest before I log off for a long time again.

To the bitter end! :ph34r:

• Like 2

Wow @mglthrw8 ... good point noted.

Jian wrote the confession script.

I didn't even realise this could be some clue or link to how the story might develop. :D

And im so amazed at how you are so spot on with many of your points, I can't help but to agree hands and legs up with you on how downright nauseating that scene was to me and how abrupt it was when Hyuk and Jisoo became a couple . I can't write or analyse as well as you and @titania1000 so I can only say I really enjoy reading all your posts.

This has become a very distressing and unenjoyable drama for me. And I predict it's going the way I don't want it to be by the way the writer is going now. What a drama! :wacko:

• Like 3

@meechuttso i will search 

23 hours ago, meechuttso said:

The way I interpret it, we've got a bit of Rostand's Cyrano de Bergerac going on here? Will Roxane (shall we dub your version Hyuxane?) pick up on this hint in future episodes somehow? Will the tall but short-on-wits fellow suddenly become sensitive enough to notice? Was Cyrano (Jiannyrano?) unwittingly letting her long dormant high school eros towards Hyuxane dictate her pen that she had thought was helping her dumb doughy stupid inferiority-complex-ridden spoiled pippi-longstocking-haired cry-baby 'little' not-twin sister in her retarded infatuation for the very same Hyuxane?

Well done! The comparison works very well!

And i love your sense of irony mixed with poetry (Hyuxane is my favourite). The genderswap is just the cherry on the top!    

someone more versed in French literature can help. It would sure help us take our mind off this third rate Korean writer trapped in a weekend winter-wear fashion showcase excuse for a life drama.

It's been a while since i read the play but i'll took a look at it again to see if there's more in it to support us....

I don't know that I added anything substantive to this shipper thread at all, but I had to get something off my chest before I log off for a long time again.

18 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I can't write or analyse as well as you and @titania1000 so I can only say I really enjoy reading all your posts.

Why so modest fellow shippers?

You're doing so much to keep the thread alive, would it make any sense to be here if you weren't around?

I must rewatch ep 38: i feel like i didn't give it the right attention and missed few points.

One i noticed  while watching the folllowing  vid: 

Hyuk telling the biggest lie ever: "she (Ji An) never made my heart flutter". Boy, how hurt must he be to try to brainwashed himself  into thinking this could be true, with the hope that it will help him to move on! 

It breaks my heart!

"Insert here a gif of Ji An crying beautifully"

There's so many examples to prove him wrong,  i don't know where to begin! 

Maybe with those gifs .... 

tumblr_p0pktrLMsM1valxs7o5_r1_500.gif

tumblr_ozceydVN1b1valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p13v1iHmEx1valxs7o1_500.gif

And so many more but i don't have the right ones! :bawling:

Could he have forgotten this too? 

DS2ha4UVMAAwh2B.jpg

The writer is trolling us big time!

But i forgive her as long as she's giving us this end for Ji An and Do Kyung:^_^

https://me.me/i/and-she-never-heard-from-him-again-a-love-story-13720204

• Like 3

I'm going to do soon a line by line analysis of Hyuk's confession speech because there's more than one clue in this scene.

I have a hard time to find pics or gifs of my favourite couple! :(

How does people manage to not screencaps or giph a sight so pretty?:o

Can i consider that Ji An got the bride's bouquet?:wub:^_^

And that the fact that Hyuk picked one flower to make her smell is a subtle hint for their futur couple?:heart::heart::heart:DTxTY8wX4AAp8-7.jpg

DTxaxXuX4AA8hj8.jpg

DTxaHgAX4AU1GOs.jpg

• Like 2

I just saw the preview and apparently Stalker has now moved on to work in the wood workshop and intruding into the only little personal space of Jian and Hyuk that they share. Why? Why? When he doesn't even see carpentry as a decent career and when he looks down on this job of Jian! Can't stand this writer anymore, giving up totally. :huh:

• Like 3

For the shippers here only, ep 39 preview relevant dialog.

JA to JS "Heard from Hyuk, that you two decided to date?"

JA to JS "That you are HaeSung Group daughter, I think you should tell him yourself."

Koko to JA, (grabbing her wrist for the richard simmons umpteenth time)

"Am I, really, nothing to you like this?"

JA to Koko (wresting her arm away from the physically assaulting loser feller)

"Have we not already settled this matter?"

Koko dad (at a place Koko is working)

"Are you working at the carpentry shop also with Jianny?"

"Give up on Jianny and come back."

"You will never be able to make that girl happy."

(Koko rages with his very poor one-face-fits-all-anger-occasions-face) :wacko:

While I continue to curse at every scene of this makjang, technically the preview keeps this shipper thread alive. Let's start wagering on Hyuk's responses when Ji-Soo (or someone) tells her who she really is. The sh**'s gona hit the fan when the pictures of her walking into Choi house at night become public with all the appalling details of the makjang situation. Who will Hyuk be really attracted to then? Also, while I applaud Jian's curt response to the wrist grabbing controlling jerk who has gone back on his 'vow' already multiple times, still staying at that house he invaded and now looks like has invaded her workplace too, she too is guilty of making this pathological fellow keep doing just that by nursing him at night and kissing him and all that inexcusable sympathy for the worthless. Wake up, Jian, from your oxygen-deprived brain trauma and RUN, RUN AWAY from that share house and file a court injunction against the man who has crossed the line!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Can't stand this writer anymore, giving up totally. :huh:

The writer is failing for real, 'm afraid. It's like listening to episode babble - repeat the same thing over and over. Even the dialog lines are used repeatedly.:(

• Like 2

12 hours ago, meechuttso said:

While I continue to curse at every scene of this makjang, technically the preview keeps this shipper thread alive.

The previews have been so misleading until now, but though they were clearly against our ship, the episodes seen in their integrality worked for us for the most part. So i'm scared by this one which seems so positive for us: should i jump from excitation or fear the worst?:unsure:

Hiding my negative thoughts to keep the mood bright!  

Spoiler

I fear that Jae Sung's words about not making Ji An happy will wake up Do Kyung. That he will start noticing even at a very slow pace that Ji An is very happy with her current life, and to understand what he should stop to do if he doesn't want anymore to get rejected by her: dismissing her passion for wood design, forcing his presence on her physically, shouting at her, compelling  her to accept his decisions;  and that since she already likes him, Ji An will accept it him if he treats her better.

I fear that now that Ji Soo has won Hyuk's heart, she will be able to get from her parents what Do Kyung couldn't get: to make them accept her relationship with a "commoner" because how could her family refuses her to be happy after losing her and living without her for 25 years?  Also with her background and her manners, no rich family would be interested in a marriage for an alliance, and since everything will be out in the media, what not let her have it her way?

I fear that was Ji An's plan since she met Myung Hee to find another way to convincer her to leave her alone without losing Do Kyung : if their mother can accept that Ji Soo will love someone not assigned to her, she can't force an arranged marriage on Do Kyung, especially when his fiancee has already ran away. Maybe this way, without returning to Do Kyung's family, Ji An could be able to live with him safely, and not endure more threats.

I fear that Myung Hee will be convinced by her husband's attitude: that he's so tired to live a life based on appearances only, that he would decide to leave her and her family to be free again. And that she will decided to let go of her father and his succession to keep her family united.

@meechuttso for the translation! As usual you're the best!

Anyway we've been suffering so much, we should enjoy positives thoughts when we find them: 

Is Ji An showing openly her jealousy?

What other reason does she have to meddle with the new couple?! She learnt the news from Hyuk (i'm curious to watch what was her reaction^_^) but she's not congratulating her sister in getting the man she wanted for so long, but reminding her how hard it will be to keep him while being the Haesung lost daughter.

Also who asked for this encounter? Ji An? To specifically talk about their new relationship? Why so much interest? Only to protect her best friend? Yeah sure....

Let's start wagering on Hyuk's responses when Ji-Soo (or someone) tells her who she really is. The sh**'s gona hit the fan when the pictures of her walking into Choi house at night become public with all the appalling details of the makjang situation. Who will Hyuk be really attracted to then?

it  took him a long time to take his decision: i doubt he will waver only because of her name and family. However if you mix that, with the fact that she treated badly Ji An and she didn't write the love letter....

Also, it feels to me that Ji Soo must feel very insecure to ask him so soon and so directly why he likes her. I've been thinking lately that she might be the one who will give up on their relationship under the pressure of being compared to Ji An and  forced to deal with her presence in Hyuk's life. More likely, after she realizes that he mixed friendship with love when it comes to their relationship, and that he is in love  with the girl who wrote the love letter. 

For me, his answer: i love everything about you is a cop out to hide the fact that he doesn't know what to say about her while he could talk during hours about Ji An.   

Anyone else, not a fan of Hyuk/LTH new hairstyle?

12 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I just saw the preview and apparently Stalker has now moved on to work in the wood workshop and intruding into the only little personal space of Jian and Hyuk that they share. Why? Why? When he doesn't even see carpentry as a decent career and when he looks down on this job of Jian! Can't stand this writer anymore, giving up totally. :huh:

She told him in ep 37 that she was starting only now to understand what happiness is and reacted strongly when he insulted her job, so he's curious to know what is so good about carpentry that made her refuse him and the life he offers. 

Getting him inside the wood workshop might be not a bad thing: her happiness is not only about the sense of  achievement that she got from carpentry and drawing new designs. It's because she's doing it with Hyuk and his father. Maybe Do Kyung needs to see it with his own eyes to admit that he reached the point that proves him without any doubt that he can't have her: this ultimate point being that  he can't give her what Hyuk gives her.

Also, while I applaud Jian's curt response to the wrist grabbing controlling jerk who has gone back on his 'vow' already multiple times, still staying at that house he invaded and now looks like has invaded her workplace too, she too is guilty of making this pathological fellow keep doing just that by nursing him at night and kissing him and all that inexcusable sympathy for the worthless. Wake up, Jian, from your oxygen-deprived brain trauma and RUN, RUN AWAY from that share house and file a court injunction against the man who has crossed the line!

Like in all the abusive relationships, she has a hard time to let go. Those kind of bad breakups seem to never end in real life. 

But Do Kyung isn't growing, not even a little bit. He still grabs her, forces his presence on her so like his father said: he won't be able to make her happy with this kind of attitude. How she will react to his presence in the wood workshop will be a key to their future since this place is so precious to her. 

I'm curious to know how he followed her here.  Who let him work here? Certainly not Hyuk, maybe his associate? So that would mean  that he really switched sides and try to help Do Kyung by any means?  Did Do Kyung really left the shared house for real?

There's also another option that Do Kyung is trying for real to understand her passion for wood, but if he does it only to win her over, she will see it and won't give in.

Anyway, i can't see him thriving in this kind of workplace, it's too far from his personality and taste but maybe he can win a new consideration for manual workers that he could keep when he will return to Haesung (alone of course).

• Like 2

The writer is failing for real, 'm afraid. It's like listening to episode babble - repeat the same thing over and over. Even the dialog lines are used repeatedly.:(

Yes it's getting repetitive, draggy and slow. It's getting tiresome to watch Stalker going after Jian every week and she rejecting his advances only to cave in again. Repetitive scenes. No progress. Slowing pace. Ridiculous storylines. The writer is losing it and obviously losing steam towards the last half of the drama. They should just keep it to 50 episodes and end it and not extend for the sake of ratings. High ratings don't mean everything. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Like in all the abusive relationships, she has a hard time to let go

I think you spelled it out very clearly now. That's really why I refuse to be entertained by this 'story'. But you're a bit beside yourself now, @titania1000 - ignore the pathological situation and focus on the theme of this thread, even if we have to resort to all kinds of fan fiction, okay? :tongue: The world needs more loving, patient, happy people, less lunatics escaped from the asylum stalking innocent women, so let's focus on the loving, patient, cool people who don't yell and throw tantrums and grab and slap others, shall we?B)

tumblr_p1334zA3Go1valxs7o8_500.gif

I just noticed she points to her full mouth then shoves in one more bite into that little cavity. Sure sign that she is suffering some kind of post-suicidal traumatic stress disorder. :phew:

tumblr_p1334zA3Go1valxs7o1_500.gif

This doesn't get old for me. And I don't think there will be better ones of Hyuk now that he's dyed his hair - if Hyuk were a woman we'd surely interpret that as his trying to get over, move past his true love, surely in vain. Yes, that's it. Jianny will always be your love, Hyuk, both in your heart and in your veins, and in every nook and cranny places of your taut being also, soon, Hyuk. You just wait. :wub:

Just as Koko will never be able to make this child happy, You, Hyuk, can never be happy without this sweetly munchin' meechin' child, you see. :w00t:

• Like 1

But you're a bit beside yourself now, @titania1000 - ignore the pathological situation and focus on the theme of this thread, even if we have to resort to all kinds of fan fiction, okay? :tongue: The world needs more loving, patient, happy people, less lunatics escaped from the asylum stalking innocent women, so let's focus on the loving, patient, cool people who don't yell and throw tantrums and grab and slap others, shall we?B)

Let's stay optimist then! :glasses:

I had a long and difficult week and lot of work to do for next week so i won't come up with more big theories for now  but here few facts that i observed:

In ep 38, Ji An shared with Huyk that something is wrong in her family and she even sent a message/called  to tell him that she was sleeping home for the night, and that she will explain everything about her father in the morning.

At this stage, despite the distance due to their non mutual romantic feelings, she still trusts only him with the important news. It's important too considering  the connection that Hyuk used to have with her father.

Did anyone else notice the difference between Hyuk and Do Kyung when it comes to realize that something is wrong with Ji An?

Hyuk immediately knew that something was different when she cooked porridge for breakfast: he asked her if something was wrong with her family, if she had a fight with Do Kyung and respected her need of silence.

Do Kyung was however so busy blaming her for invading his personal space, instead of thanking her for taking care of him, that it's only after he left the house that he remembered that she looked like she cried. He even said that she looked like a mess(!) and couldn't understand why since she slept at home!        

By the way the editing is too convenient to be a coincidence in the scene where Hyuk told Do Kyung about Ji An not sleeping home: at the exact moment Hyuk left, carpenter Yang came to tell Do Kyung that Ji An was in his room the night before and it wasn't allowed. It's very likely that Hyuk could have overheard it. I wonder what effect it had on him and if we'll see the scene. At that point he already had taken the decision to date Ji Soo, so it wouldn't have change that but it could have an influence on his friendship with Ji An...

I'm underlining this point because we all know that he's fooling himself right now with his relationship with Ji Soo but i wonder how far he will go to deny his true feelings.

After the official announcement to his sister, he's telling Ji An about his new relationship very quickly. Not sure if he was just expecting a reaction from her or of he tries very hard to bury his feelings by making it official to everyone.   

In the meeting with his sister and her husband, there was an uncomfortable moment where Nam Goo admitted telling everything to Ji Soo about the women in Hyuk's life. It was played jokingly but the lines were serious: Hyuk accused him to be too talkative and to  spread groundless and speculative rumors. Hee was offended and answered back to defend her husband that he never says groundless things. This is of course a direct reference to the night where Hyuk was drunk because Ji An disappeared. 

This is also Hyuk's major lie  about never liking Ji An hitting him back. How long will he able to pretend that he's wasn't in love with her and that he's still not? Will Ji Soo notice and decide to put him out if his misery or will she just ran away to France where a life as a student in prestigious bakery school is  waiting for her, after realizing he's not as much important as she thought him to be for her?

I saw the bts pic of Do Kyung working in the wood workshop. It's indeed Hyuk's associate Yong Guk who recruited him and i really wonder what are his real intentions: from pretending that Do Kyung is the enemy of his brother to putting him in the exact same workplace as Ji An, while knowing she's refusing him, i persist to think something is off...

I'm not happy with Hyuk acting as a fool, but if  it means that Ji An will be play the reasonable and mature side of their relationship and be here to listen without asking any question like he did for her when she was confused about her parents lie, it won't matter as much. That's the least she could do for him....     

• Like 1

I need to repost this vid with english subs because it's so good! Especially the last part:" i know where i can be happy!"

• Like 1

Episode 39 without subs:

I'm sorry i don't have much to comment on Hyuk and Jian: they only shared one scene, the one where he told her about dating Ji Soo. She looked surprised but i couldn't make more of her expression.:unsure:

The only thing that warmed my heart was they met in the street, in the front of the shared house after a long day, and immediately she called him joyously and ran to him when she saw him. I could feel something soft, tender and warm going on between them, a feeling emphasized and  amplified by the instrumental song played (the piano and violin theme, the only one that i ever liked on this drama). She told Hyuk  about her father and her family, and after she spent a lot of time that day rebuilding her bonds with her brothers, she looked and felt good and she was happy to share it with him.  She also noticed his new look!  

God, the way they smiled at each other: it was so relaxing and pure! I loved it!   :wub: 

Once more,  they were interrupted by Do Kyung whom doesn't seem to have another goal in life than separate them when they look the most comfortable. Once more, looking at them; at their complicity made him jealous and he looked as usual like a dark cloud with loud lightening spoiling a sunny day, when he stopped rudely their discussion. Hyuk wasn't happy but when Do Kyung grabbed her hand to force her to talk with him,  he followed Ji An's attitude and decided to avoid him.    

The end of ep 39 is scary : Do Kyung revisiting  everything that Ji An went through at Incheon port, and learning the truth about her suicide attempt by talking with people (the ajhummas and the seaweed fisher) who he would have never bear to look at looks horribly like a redemption arc, which would allow him to stop mistreating her (the manhandling  was off the chart this episode: i never saw him so forceful) and stop devaluing her passion (he shout at her for so long and so strongly in the wood workshop for taking in the garbage bag, old small pieces of wood that she needed, that she started to cry :cry:). 

I wish this twist could be about him accepting the limits of his relationship with Ji An, that it can't be more than friendship,  coming back to his home, confronting his family and working at changing the rules.  

The words of his father seemed to have a big influence on him but i'm not sure about his capacity to change: his tears on the beach at the end seemed to be once more, about himself more than her. 

And even if he woke up to the reality of her life, how does it change the fact that during those hard times Hyuk was the one at her side doing everything she needed to make her happy again?

In the preview for ep 40, Hyuk discovers the connection between Ji An and Ji Ho and make the right deductions about Ji Soo being their former sister. Thankfully  he went straight to Ji An to discuss it. The big question being now  what influence will it have on his relationship with Ji An and Ji Soo?

He has been manipulated a lot in this triangle.  Sometimes it was the girls who used him:  they lied to him directly about their identity and connection, and also indirectly when Ji Soo hide behind Ji An's love letter to say her feelings and Hyuk fell for Ji An's words thinking Ji Soo was making his heart fluttered; but sometimes it was also his passivity when it came to  his feelings for Ji An, and currently he's even in denial mode, which created the confusion.

So i'll hope that now he can see the complete picture, that he would be finally able to recognize where his heart lies.      

• Like 1