Quantcast
meechuttso

OFFICIAL JiAn-Hyuk JoGak-Sculpture-Couple Thread (Shin HyeSun ❤ Lee TaeHwan)

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Reposting this part in a separate post because the last one was too long!

@meechuttso @Ni Wen I understand your fatigue: it's been so long and we've been played so often (and i don't even count what happened in the other threads), so i won't force my feelings on you. I'll just keep collecting my arguments and expanding my thoughts on why our ship still make sense at this point of the story, and so i rewrote my posts to not be rude.

Ep 36 .

Is it only me or is there a room for it to be a major turning point in term of character development for Ji An (she faced her strongest fear: Do Kyung's mother) and in term of romance?

I'm pratically certain that Ji Soo shot herself in the foot by refusing to listen to Ji An and not working on getting over her insecurities.

If there's any  logic in this drama, she should  have lost for good  the progress made in term of  their mutual attraction with Hyuk. Not only she rejected him, she also said that she didn't like him because he wasn't like she thought he was. She basically appeared like a superficial girl whom feelings are not to be trusted and who got tired easily. The reality is even darker: she can't get over her selfishness and immaturity even when the relationship is being hand over to her by her rival, and she is even blaming Hyuk for something he has no control over it and while he did nothing wrong by loving and helping Ji An. 

Since  he's not the kind usually to pursue her again while she used such clear and harsh words, things should end here.

But it's true too that it  hurt him sincerely to lose the  innocent girl who wrote her 1st love confession to him and  he doesn't know that she's Ji An's ex sister. Can this change his mind? Can he decide to wait for her to change her mind like she waited for him?

I hope not. She's still preparing her french lessons and i feel like she should first and firemost go oversea to pursue her dream and work on finding her place in her family. That's enough on her plate and a good character development to end the drama considering where she started.       

On the other hand, Ji An seemed to have make up her mind and give up on Do Kyung! But could this be just a strategy to protect her family and him ?  

If she was entirely honest in this scene, what she said to Do Kyung's mother should be the last nail in the coffin to kill any hope of a romance with Do Kyung. The fact that she was able to say that she doesn't want a romance with Do Kyung and will never have one, so quickly and easily after her confession enlights why she couldn't act like a lover with him. Do Kyung complained about her coldness, and asked how she was hiding so well her feelings, while he was bursting with his feelings, but she refused to reveal her secret and called him arrogant for being so confident that her feelings would take the same road as his. In the final scene, her secret is out: she's not hiding anything, she's just not in love. 

I loved especially the lines about how Myung Hee should indeed clear up with her son while he's acting  with so much obstination, and both just should let her live her life alone.

But it's clear she's not entirely honest: she's acting as if she know nothing, while she knows very well that the powerful woman can't be in touch with her son since he's hiding from her, making some of her comments malicious....

And every word she picked was carefully chosen to not be a lie: there was nothing between Do Kyung and her when he left this home, there are still not in a relationship, at least not officially. Actually she couldn't say it but she had a plan to send him back home before his mother tried to interfere.    

The worst outcome would be that this exterior opposition to her plans would transforme Ji An's intention from sending him back to wanting to be with him and push her to come up  with a new strategy to win time before her reunion with Do Kyung. 

it would be a big disappointement (once more): The only reason she should have had to gather enough strength to confront No Myung Hee should be to protect her family. Her father was threatened again and she learnt how her mother was humiliated when she went to ask for forgiveness (kneeling for days). After all this it should be impossible for her to join his family.

Which leaves only one option for them if their romance prevails: to not  marry but just live together and independently, with the condition that he will renounce to his family and their money.  Clearly it would be a  cop out compared to the bold move that could have been for her to push everything away (including Do Kyung) and move on with Hyuk.

Not making bet seems the only safe bet, so let's just wait to see what next episodes will bring us: a new toned down of Ji An's strong declaration of rejecting Do Kyung and Haesung or a real shift to change her path and move her away form the classic poor girl falling for a chaebol story/trope.....  

@titania1000 some of the salient points I left unsaid were what you picked up on. If you listen to Jian's last words of ep 36, she parses carefully, and one definite way you can parse her words are "because i don't like" (Him). Now she can't back it up with actions, so I didn't dwell on it, as the writer has not created a clear compelling and logical narrative with any of the characters. It's almost like a maximal possible contingencies game for as long as possible, still not allowing Hyuk to pick up on the  girls' sisterhood from the most obvious Korean name similarities, etc., and she ruined the integrity of some of these characters, losing some more astute observers in the process from lack of authentic arcs. So yes, anything is possible, but in the sense that that's true for any garden variety makjang. 

• Like 1

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

I think Kokoschka is back, @mglthrw8 (see Ep 37 preview).

Just eeew, barf, though. So creepy again. He kind of turns rabid again when Jian jokes about marriage. Now goes back to his mother to declare "She is a person that I have come to consider truly precious to me." (as if momma will fix it for him if he tells her). Jian is largely to blame here, however, after her declaration to his momma at the end of Ep 36 (which I said she can't back up with actions didn't I?), it is complete non-sense to throw a line like her joking about marriage to DK, which makes him back into Kokoschka - SJA's face like the full moon to this werewolf.

Hyuk still clueless and spineless, but at least he's keeping his old room when his sister moved out when the homeless penniless intruder tries to take "Jian's old room"'. Jian must move out of the share-house if she has any shred of self respect left in her, although I don't expect this piece of sound advice to be followed either, just like all the others.

Just so random all these characters and their behaviors, and the writer is losing my respect with each new episode - and to add to that 2 more eps to make it 52 now. This torture won't end until well into March! :crazy:

• Like 1

On 09/01/2018 at 9:18 AM, meechuttso said:

But while I checked in, might as well say a few words. There are couple of large cracks in the hull of this ship we uncovered in Ep , 35, 36.

First, we heard that Jian was aware for some time that Hyuk's the one Ji-Soo's been holding the torch for. And the movie ticket thing was her effort to put Hyuk together with Ji-Soo. That's bit of a cold water thrown on these fledgling embers here, trying to not get blown out. :huh: As I said, Jian is a FLAWED character. She's quite shameless and blind in ways that I care not get into again in detail, but unfortunately the writer has written herself into a corner where without these major flaws, there is absolutely no way for her to look anywhere away from Hyuk, who is all-sufficient for her, really. Her biggest flaw is her completely selective gratitude which of course defies any logic, and she frankly doesn't deserve Hyuk, (ouch):crazy: who in turn doesn't deserve the punishment of a crybaby known as Jian's sister. :mellow:

Secondly, we also found out that Hyuk himself had read Ji-Soo's confession card after she'd dropped it near the Cafe quite some time ago. And yet he kept acting in a way that seems contrary to his feelings for Jian. This, again, is poor writing mostly. It's silly, really, because his behavior makes no sense. This is Hyuk's flaw, again completely irrational but without which there is no Hyuk-JiSoo pairing hopes.

And @mglthrw8 wherever you are, I am afraid that DK=Kokoschka theory is dead at this point. I still think it was a great conjecture on your part, and still logical. But now the author has no path to redemption at this point because for whatever reason she decided to turn Kokoschka into a milquetoast, and all is well as if nothing had happened.

Not sure there was anything special about Jian's suicide or the drama's emotionally most powerful moments when Hyuk found Jian at the seaside now, and I don't see a way for the writer to redeem these somehow.

I could say more, but will refrain since it won't help this thread get any happier. I am not expecting anything from this writer anymore. :expressionless:<-- not HSM, just me with no expressions.

Allow me to bring here a little bit of nuances :)

She's not ungrateful to Hyuk since  a long time now: that's why i'm swooning over her precious line "i'm glad i have you".

For all the flaws  in the writing, the writer has made it clear that the only reason for JiAn's complete recovery and happiness is Hyuk. He provided a home, a job, homemade meals,  encouragement to contact her family,  faith in her ability to start a new career path, time and patience, attention and care and asked for nothing in return, except for her to be well. 

Ji An knows it very well and it shows in the way she adresses him and acts around him lately (look at her smiles and how often she thanks him). She even dismissed her own feelings about Ji Soo and set up a date to make sure Hyuk was happy with the person she thought he loves.       

About Hyuk and his feelings for Ji Soo and how he acts around her after reading her confession, i won't deny that the attraction became mutual but what i see is that despite of the way Ji Soo offered her love to him on a plate, he never fell out of love for Ji An.

It feels to me that what Ji Soo whispered to his ear when she thought she was talking about Mr Baker, that he can't move on with his life because he loves "her" is still true: she's the woman he's been waiting for all his life, the woman who made him cherish every moment spent with her,  the woman who makes him recall the tiniest details about what happened ten years ago like how many times her father treated their wood class. I know he's supposed to have a good memory but this ability is clearly boosted by love.              

For me, those scenes in Incheon are special because they are unique: nothing else written between Ji An and anyone else is as powerful, except maybe her scenes with her father.

Nothing in her relationship with Do Kyung can compare for sure.   

On 09/01/2018 at 3:28 PM, Ni Wen said:

(*This post have been written since Sunday but was put on hold for the Submit button. Didn't want to post at first because it seems like I keep repeating myself like a broken record. Probably for the last time I'm going to say this. The writer killed the drama... in MY OWN PERSONAL opinion.)

From how Jian reacted to DK mum I really feel she wants nothing more to do with HS Group and their family. How is she ever going to be with DK whose family destroyed her sanity and pushed her to suicide? Which exactly is my question since many episodes ago that i cannot foresee them being together with the writing but which people in the other thread rebut me that "because I don't like DK" thats why i cant see them getting together, gosh!

Personally feel that the writer is writing a hole for herself unless she can convince how she's going to develop their story... why was it written that Hyuk was the one to find Jian only to stop dead their likely possible progress? And why do i feel that the writer is forcing Hyuk to fall in love with Jisoo? Poor Hyuk!

In all seriousness I have lost interest in this drama. Like what I said before, im only selectively watching for SHS. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the drama don't get extended so that SHS can confirm her next project earlier!

I agree that the writer has written herself in a corner here if she really intends to pair Ji An with Do Kyung. Even if Ji An lied to Myung  Hee about her true feelings, she can hardly change her mind, not even if the Choi parents ask for her forgiveness and to join their family, without losing respect for herself based on what she said about not wanting a relationship, or looking as someone selfish, unreliable and disloyal to her family.

I know that Ji An doesn't have much memory but can she really ignore all the humiliation inflicted by the Choi Family to her parents? The writer has probably a last minute twist to use as a last card to bring Ji An and Do Kyung together but i know for sure i won't buy it!     

On 10/01/2018 at 7:06 AM, meechuttso said:

@titania1000 some of the salient points I left unsaid were what you picked up on. If you listen to Jian's last words of ep 36, she parses carefully, and one definite way you can parse her words are "because i don't like" (Him). Now she can't back it up with actions, so I didn't dwell on it, as the writer has not created a clear compelling and logical narrative with any of the characters. It's almost like a maximal possible contingencies game for as long as possible, still not allowing Hyuk to pick up on the  girls' sisterhood from the most obvious Korean name similarities, etc., and she ruined the integrity of some of these characters, losing some more astute observers in the process from lack of authentic arcs. So yes, anything is possible, but in the sense that that's true for any garden variety makjang. 

Whatever the ending, i can't deny that i liked very much the writing for Hyuk: his personality, his relationship with Ji An, and her relationship with his father which as pure as the one that she has with her father...    

On 11/01/2018 at 8:35 AM, meechuttso said:

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

I think Kokoschka is back, @mglthrw8 (see Ep 37 preview).

Just eeew, barf, though. So creepy again. He kind of turns rabid again when Jian jokes about marriage. Now goes back to his mother to declare "She is a person that I have come to consider truly precious to me." (as if momma will fix it for him if he tells her). Jian is largely to blame here, however, after her declaration to his momma at the end of Ep 36 (which I said she can't back up with actions didn't I?), it is complete non-sense to throw a line like her joking about marriage to DK, which makes him back into Kokoschka - SJA's face like the full moon to this werewolf.

Hyuk still clueless and spineless, but at least he's keeping his old room when his sister moved out when the homeless penniless intruder tries to take "Jian's old room"'. Jian must move out of the share-house if she has any shred of self respect left in her, although I don't expect this piece of sound advice to be followed either, just like all the others.

Just so random all these characters and their behaviors, and the writer is losing my respect with each new episode - and to add to that 2 more eps to make it 52 now. This torture won't end until well into March! :crazy:

I'm not happy either with the possibility of an extension <_<

About the proposal, what i see is that he's desperate to sleep with her, enough to confirm a desire to marry if it's the only way to have her. There's nothing at this stage in their relationship, which would call for this type of engagement. Despite the time spent together, he barely knows her, her dreams and show little interest in knowing more. Their marriage would end to be like his parents marriage. Love doesn't conquer all, especially when it starts so low.      

Don't you know it's criminal to criticize Hyuk? You can be charged for that :lol: Poor baby, it's not his fault, the writer is keeping him blind to lead us on until the last minute. Hopefully, he will be rewarded for his patience by Ji An's love.

Do Kyung's jealousy is reaching ridiculous levels and i'm glad that Hyuk is having none of it and will get back his room.

Everything that Ji An experienced in his room: the safety and security she felt in his comfy bed, the good resting and dreams which allowed her to get up every morning more stronger than the day before, her hard work during those long nights and the inspiration that came to her while working at his desk surrounded by his wood work, belong to them and only them.

This room is their sanctuary, nobody else should be allowed here. :heart:      

• Like 1

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

About the proposal, what i see is that he's desperate to sleep with her, enough to confirm a desire to marry if it's the only way to have her. There's nothing at this stage in their relationship, which would call for this type of engagement. Despite the time spent together, he barely knows her, her dreams and show little interest in knowing more, their marriage would end to be like his parents marriage. Love doesn't conquer all, especially when it starts so low.      

LoL he's so unrealistic a dude. Studies abroad MBA from US but his English worse than JiAn's. Clueless at his first biz proposal presentation, too busy staring at her from inches away the night before when she helps him out of pity. Wants to 'own' her bcoz he didn't talk to any girls before by age 34. Just such an underdeveloped person, so suave, like I want to trust my corner lemonade business to a guy like that. <_<

Don't you know it's criminal to criticize Hyuk? You can be charged for that :lol: Poor baby, it's not his fault, the writer is keeping him blind to lead us on until the last minute. Hopefully, he will be rewarded for his patience by Ji An's love

Yes, for your sake, and your unwavering faith, @titania1000 I, hope the writer rewards him unexpectedly with the woman of his dreams.

This room is their sanctuary, nobody else should be allowed here. :heart:      

Too bad they are both typical kdrama virgins.

• Like 1

Soosorry, @titania1000, but maybe something for Hyuk to learn from. The male leads  in the current drama all lack a good brother like Taemin here is for Sangmin. Just miss 'normal' bromance like this, very badly.

I realized I forgot what normal human contrition looked like until I saw Sangmin's translated words above. That's what's missing at the moment. And needless gratitude and contrition, repentance and kindness on the part of the SHS lead character, for a truly unworthy counterpart who only paid lip service to apology and was the cause of her hell of pain.

• Like 2

Thumbs down to the extension. I can only hope for filming to end asap. The preview just made me less interested again hahaha. That DK... sighs... such a selfish and hopeless guy.

Hyuk is really a great guy, too bad the writer says Jian can only be his friend. @titania1000 I'm 100% sure that the writer will never let Jian be with Hyuk.. we can only wish LTH will have a chance to work with SHS again and he gets the girl then :)

@meechuttso I'm missing FC as usual hahahaha 

• Like 2

On 12/01/2018 at 4:11 AM, meechuttso said:

Too bad they are both typical kdrama virgins.

I swear my thoughts were only pure when i said that the room was theirs: i really don't know how do you end up talking about them doing sexy things :lol:

Though i'm certain that we won't see anything, i wouldn't complain if the writer suggests it :wub: it would be the only worth of an extension: to show them happily married!

@meechuttso don't feel sorry for wanting a better writing for our otp! It's a good sign and you picked and excellent example with Tae Min! 

@Ni Wen I agree: i'd really want them to play together again and to end up together! 

But even without hope, it feels good to ship them and i need a large stock of warm feelings to endure this drama ^_^It's not hard to fantasize as long as the writer lead us on by supporting both ships.

I wonder how long it will last, when she will reveal the real main couple?  :unsure:

Not a Ji An/Hyuk scene but i like how his friend constantly pushes him to reconsider his feelings for Ji An (that he should have no reason to doubt). Since he watched them cook for each other, he knows what's going on and obviously he's shipping them.^_^

Of course "Ji An shouldn't be with him",  because she should be with you, idiot! Wake up and confess! :dissapointed:

Nobody can blame me to ship this!

Look at this spectacular rescue! 

The evidence that his memory being fired up by love! 

Guys, should we post the link to this thread to the main thread for the fellow shippers who are looking for a place where to rest from the criticism?:unsure: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

Guys, should we post the link to this thread to the main thread for the fellow shippers who are looking for a place where to rest from the criticism?:unsure: 

Nah, just  shout out directly from here to individuals with @ if u think of anyone. Don't bother lurking there. No useful comments there. Just some ppl realizing now what I said 2 months ago. :)

• Like 1

Kkkkkokoschka: "Let's end it."

Amen, Hallelujah!

But the preview less than gratifying. JA cries still, stupid girl.

My patience not without limits.

The dialogs so stilted and painful. Absolutely no energy to translate the unworthy screenplay. Sorry.

• Thanks 1

One part I will translate loosely.

Kokoschka really back in full moon rabidness today.

Before the ending line lets end it , he asks, demands of her like 3x.

Parts of their exchange was replay of ep 26 when she epicly blew up. He insults her again belittling her for that (worthless) carpentry work. How dare you choose that over mee, his highness the Kok,kkk,kokoschka!

Are you sure?

Last chance!

If I, Kokoschka, make up my mind once, it's a done deal!

Are you absolutely sure?

(me rolls my eyes so bad)

As if he's some extremely tempting Adonis boytoy a girl can't live without becoz of her physical needs.

I wished she'd just spit out , my life with Hyuk is my happiness.

I have not lowered my estimation and expectation of this writer anymore today, becoz she'd already painted herself into a corner and can't recover without sillyness. There was a tv critic program that aired right after ep 26, wondering if this will go down in history as a well-made Makjang or fizzle in the 2nd half. It's fizzling big time so bad, so repetitiously.

Unless she allows the scales over JA's eyes to fall off and she sees clearly to cling to Hyuk as her true friend and one who loves her totally without condition.

Whatever. :huh:

• Like 2

Saw the preview. Don't know what they talking but looks uninteresting to me. And yes, she's feeling the pain and ache when she looked at him sleeping and.... 

The feisty and independent Jian I liked  became a dumb girl thanks to the ingenious writer who made her become someonewho can only see what DK does for her (though imo he never did anything good for her) and become blind to what Hyuk did for her, how he saved her, how he helped her to stand up again and how he stood by her faithfully  without any questions asked. Well I guess the writer will say love is blind. 

The worst thing is again I have to repeat it's so forced watching Hyuk trying to realise that Jisoo is the one he loves... when I see no substance in their relationship. Whatever. I'm not at all convinced Hyuk is in love with Jisoo.

Getting bored and it's predictable. Just end soon. Episode 52 please just come and go soon.

Edited by Ni Wen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Parts of their exchange was replay of ep 26 when she epicly blew up. He insults her again belittling her for that (worthless) carpentry work. How dare you choose that over mee, his highness the Kok,kkk,kokoschka!

How could she fall for him and choose him over Hyuk after this kind of comment? :rolleyes:

This attitude is one of the reason why i can't let go of Ji An Hyuk. The writer has made it more than clear that her happiness is in her new life and new rediscovered  passion for wood and carpentry. Both are so linked to Hyuk that even his room is full of them.    

If her future can't exist without wood, it can't exist without Hyuk. A husband who wouldn't understand the importance of carpentry for her wouldn't make her happy.     

Do Kyung is hopeless: She said to him how much she hated his lifestyle and he can observe how much she's happy since she works in the wood workshop, but he's still annoying her with the fact this work is not worth it.

He keeps giving her reasons to reject him and that's why there's still place for Ji An Hyuk's relationship. 

Hyuk caught up on them coming back home together and saw her sad smile. He knows that she's suffering and wants to be by her side but why can he do when Do Kyung pestered him for their closeness and Ji An says nothing?

I keep thinking that this ongoing triangle while the main couple should be strong at this point could be a clue for a last minute twist, and i hope that the storm coming with her father's disease next episode, like teased in the preview, will make it even more clear. 

I don't think that the two guys will react the same at this point, knowing how Hyuk loves his own father  and how Do Kyung treats his father.              

Are you sure?

Last chance!

If I, Kokoschka, make up my mind once, it's a done deal!

Are you absolutely sure?

(me rolls my eyes so bad)

As if he's some extremely tempting Adonis boytoy a girl can't live without becoz of her physical needs.

He keeps forcing himself on her  and he's no even recognizing it. 

I don't know if it's his dominating nature or just his inexperience which is speaking here, but it's clearly not a good sign for their future if she gives in.  

• Like 1

And more clues to support our ship: look at how Hyuk reacted strongly when Do Kyung tried stupidly to move in Ji An's room!

He totally and for the 1st time step up to block him and i love how Do Kyung was sent back to his room and literally scolded for acting with such arrogance. It was priceless!

• Like 1

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/iu-잔소리-nagging-lyrics.html

For a full celebratory sing along to koko's Let's End It, 그만하자 , check out the lyrics and see if you can go as high.

https://colorcodedlyrics.com/2010/10/iu-feat-seulong-nagging-color-coded-lyrics

Another meechuttso special exclusive.

LoLz

Everyone join in!

• Like 1

I saw the preview and i'm just so down,  so depressed: she went in Do Kyung's room and kissed him!:blink::o:crazy::wacko:

Previews are made to be misleading but i fear It's not a goodbye kiss: it's a real kiss because she loves him. 

Ji An's character is such a waste, everything told about her was either non consistent or a lie, contrary to Hyuk who still stands for all the good actions he did. When it comes to ending with the wrong person, Ji An appears stupid while Hyuk seems only out of luck. 

I can't believe the level of bad acting reached by PSH (though it's a constant for him) and for SES ( who is completely mistreated by the writer and can do largely better): the running in the snow looks so fake and so lame! 

And Ji Soo using Ji Ho who i can not imagine as anything else but her brother as her fake boyfriend to make Hyuk jealous makes me want to puke. That Hyuk has fallen in love with  a girl who can reach  this level of stupidity and immaturity breaks all the laws of the universe about realism. It's so unrealistic  based on his personality, that the writer is trying to use comic relief to make us swallow the bitter pill, but the actors themselves look so bad in the scene, it's an unwatchable mess.           

Sorry for the rant but really this preview is :confounded::bawling::fearful::angry:

• Sad 2

Ep 37: it ended the triangle for good and paired all the wrong persons with each other for all the illogical reasons that the writer could find.

It also managed in the process to spit on us shippers as if we  were fool to believe in the less obvious couple, while the writer took advantage of our faith to keep the ratings high, and fill a story which  would have  reached its own limit a long time ago without the triangle. 

I hated how the writer made fun of the fact that we could ship Hyuk and that he could ship himself with Ji An, because it would be ridiculous for him to love her now just because she was his first love, ten years ago in high school. This argument doesn't work on any level: it was purely and simply a lie, based on the  ignorance of everything what happened between them since ep 23.    

What about their relationship in Incheon? What about the fact he saved her life?What to do then of the fact he was the only one to recognize her in her ajhumma's costume and to know her enough to tell the right words to bring her back to Seoul? What about everything they shared together since then, which brings happiness in her life again? How could this connection, deeper than anything else than Ji An experienced in her life, not be strong enough to expand and transform into love? 

Suddenly it's all because of his sense of responsability and his talent to help people? Just because he's the breadwinner type?

And his friend of course knew it all and wasn't fooled by Hyuk's hesitation. Of course, he never suggested seriously that he should pursue Ji An after watching them cook for each other, it was only a trap and we fell for it like idiots!          

Of course,  It's more logical too for Hyuk to ignore the girl  who is his best friend and share the same interests and go for a girl who stalked him and who knows nothing about his personality and his interests, a girl who is openly jealous, envious, ignorant, jumping to conclusions and lying all the time about having a boyfriend to get attention.....       

Do Kyung is obviously going to give up on the succession: be it because of his obsession/feelings for Ji An  or to keep  his pride and not become the toy of his grandpa for the rest of his life. Probably for both. 

The drama has confirmed  my fear: that the story is about  Ji An  and  him taking a lesson of humility and accepting to live a simple life. 

Which could lead to the following option: to  reunite Do Kyung with Hyuk and Ji An on a professional level, since they have, all  3 together, the skills and experience to run a business. Probably  to expand Hyuk and his best friend's one. It would stop his grandfather's influence in breaking all his attempts to get a contract. That way he could also be associated to Ji An's interest for carpentry, stop nagging her about her worthless work, and instead support her creations as furniture designer by selling them.

After few years the grandfather would have calmed down and will want to see his grandchildren and everyone will be reunited, living happily forever in lalaland .....  

Hyuk and Ji An's friendship was reduced to almost nothing this episode and it seemed to me that more than ever,  now that they are moving on a new love life,  it's in danger to completely  disappear.

She refused to be honest to him and i can't see why: though he clearly doesn't like Do Kyung, he never judged her. She could always tell him everything: about blaming herself for abandoning her family for money, about rejecting  her family, even about her feelings for Do Kyung...

At this stage, i can't see why she trusted Hee to keep her mouth shut but couldn't imagine that it would be liberating to share with Hyuk her hope and fear, to keep their friendship as a place where she could stay true to herself. Not worrying him is not an answer because he knows everyhing about her situation and won't stop to worry until she will be safe.  

The only reason that comes to mind is Do Kyung's jealousy, and this idea is so unbearable for me that writing those words makes me want to slap her hard in the face and send her back in Incheon where she was living like a zombie for the rest of her miserable existence.If she can sacrifice her friendship with Hyuk just to please and calm Do Kyung, what is the worth of this girl? 

The episode was saved however by the scenes in the Seo Family including Ji An and her father: as bad as everyone comes up, i'm still attached to them and i want them to reunite and be happy as they used to be a long time ago. 

I feel like a bad person but i can't be the only one to root for Ji Tae and Soo A's divorce? They seem so not on the same page and not only about the baby, what would be the point to keep appearances? I'd rather see her happy with someone who doesn't want children too and won't spend the rest of their life blaming her for it. He can have Ji An's friend, the one who pops up only to support her with Do Kyung and seemed jealous when she watched them at their friend's wedding. 

What was Ji soo doing at the restaurant? She didn't mention her adoptive  mother since ages: is she just missing the attention?

I hated how the writer is trying to make cute her immaturity: eating to have the energy to endure the hardship of life doesn't include developping strength to treat like a convenience the guy you stalked and harassed for ages to get a date, just because he's close to your sister who sacrificed everything all her life to make you first, but who you still can't stand because she's getting more attention and praise than you.

How long has the misunderstanding been going on by the way ? It seems so useless and ridiculous knowing it will be probably resolved as quickly as the rest: few words of Hyuk, JI Soo feeling embarrassed and everyone living happily together....         

If the friendship between Hyuk and Ji An doesn't come back full force, i will stop watching...                     

• Sad 1

On 1/13/2018 at 7:20 AM, meechuttso said:

Welcome here , @Daisy Str   longtime Chingoo!!

23 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Welcome @Daisy Str!

There isn't such thing as too many pretty pics!

@meechuttso & @titania1000, thanks chingu(s)! Glad to be here! :D

And I stand by what I said on the SHS forum (but was hidden by somebody): :wink:

On 1/4/2018 at 6:11 PM, Daisy Str said:
  Hide contents

Whatever, in MGL, I like Jian with Hyuk! C'est la vie! :wink:

• Like 3

To add a bit of of positive thoughts :it's not  much but Ji An had a very intense speech, perfectly delivered by SHS where she told the truth to Do Kyung about not wanting Haesung, his family and their rules and more importantly where  she affirmed who she is now. 

She said that after going through life and death, she knows where she belongs now and even admitted that she just found how to be  happy again. 

In this vid, she made a strong  point about how the class difference between them influence the balance of their relationship : she's poor and he's rich so he expects her to give up on her life and join him just because it would be more confortable.

It's also a gender affirmation: just because she is a woman, that doesn't mean her values and her professional project are less important even if it's less ambitious than what he wants for her. 

Which creates for Do Kyung a real challenge: it's not only about seducing her, which is already half done since she admitted that she likes him  (and that's why he so rabid @meechuttso : as his obsession to sleep in her room showed it, he's sexually frustrated on a very high level,, and he can't bear it since he considers her to be already "his" girlfriend/woman), but to see if he can love a woman who has changed so much compared to what he knew of her, and let her take control and trust her enough to allow her  new convictions to lead their life. 

I don't believe Do Kyung is capable of that based on his personality: he's the pur product of the Haesung groupe and of his family values. He looks down on people and on jobs, that's why he never imagined  not returning  to his "real life". In his head, his current experience was just a bitter pill to swallow to win Ji An and improve his position in his family. It never occured to him that he could  live with less that he was used to have until now, because he believes that he deserves the best.    

Based on the story told before, their romance should stop here at the acceptation that despite their feelings and desire, their views on life are too different to be reconciled and part away, but of course it won't happen. 

More thoughts that i will just  leave here:

Everyone around Hyuk (except his father) is starting to get worried and try to push him to give up/take distance from Ji An. I mean essentially Hee and his friend/associate, in a more or less direct way.

In the scene where Hyuk and his friend were talking about Hyuk's feelings, his  friend reaction was strange and jarring for me.

• Since when Do Kyung is "the enemy of my brother"? He tooks his money and encouraged him to be independent. Is he pitting now the men against each other? Why?
  • Is this why he payed Do Kyung to take Ji An to the flower market? To bring them closer and make sure that Do Kyung will win her and they would leave together?.
  • Is it why he's talking nonsense about Hyuk pretending to love Ji An and made this absurd distinction worrying/thinking? Hyuk worries and thinks about Ji An all the time and can't stop too talking about her; while he mentioned Ji Soo once or twice at best and without a lot of details. His friend didn't even know her name, before Hyuk started to talk about her in the same scene.  
  • And currently, Hyuk is puzzled by her strange attitude that she refuses to explain, that's why she took more place in his mind. Is it really enough to tell that he  he loves her more than Ji An?

Ji An lied so many times to so many people: Myung Hee about not wanting a relationship with her son, Hyuk about being ok, Do Kyung about what happened between his mother and her...It feels like she went back to square one, to her old self at the start of the drama where she was selfish and spent her time crying over her father (a thing she did too this episode). That's the effect of a prolonged contact with Do Kyung and his family on her life.

Her only  good moment was when she resisted Do Kyung's influence and refused to give up on what she learnt about herself since she accepted Hyuk's help. She didn't mention Hyuk but the fact she protected  herself was indirectly  the best way to thank him for what he did for her.    

Hee is really not a fan of Ji An, isn't she? But she cares a lot about her brother and i appreciate that, especially  since it's the only satisfying relationship between siblings in the drama: Do Kyung doesn't give a damn about his sisters and the Seo family is still broken. 

Hyuk is still perfect: he  lies to nobody, he is always considerate and helpful and likeable. At this point, it's clear that nobody deserves him and he should emigrate in another drama where he could be at peace without having to deal with all those unlikeable and annoying characters....     

• Like 2