OFFICIAL JiAn-Hyuk JoGak-Sculpture-Couple Thread (Shin HyeSun ❤ Lee TaeHwan)

meechuttso

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A3PipA.gif

Who is Hyuk? Among other things, he's the hand that feeds Jianny, who rescued her and fed her back to health, with food and love.

Here he is, taking her to feed her some more.

tumblr_p0exmctFb61valxs7o5_500.gif

tumblr_p0exmctFb61valxs7o7_500.gif

See how lovingly he takes her to feed her food she likes? A real gentleman. :kiss_wink: In any language you can tell from his eyes that his is real and selfless love.

You thought they were done eating together? Silly, they're just getting started.

hello

When she needed a true friend and was hungry, Jianny came to Hyuk. Just because she knew he would feed her, no strings attached. Anytime.

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o5_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o6_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o7_500.gif

tumblr_oxy462Ow5R1valxs7o10_r1_500.gif

She was famished. Look at her.

tumblr_oxy77r6Q9B1valxs7o1_500.gif

Afterwards, this is normally how she thanks him. He doesn't mind. He has strong, broad shoulders.:yum:

This is the alternate pairing shipper thread, so we can now do our own fanfic as 'recommended' by someone who doesn't want this type of stuff in the other room. I find it rather strange myself that I'm inspired to do this, but I am evolving and wouldn't be @meechuttso if I behaved too conventionally.

UPCOMING SunWoo Hee and Kng Nam-Goo wedding to happen in Ep 35 or 36 (based on leaked photos)

People from KNG side:
        Seo Ji-Soo

People from SW Hee side:
        Her father, Jian's boss at woodshop
        SW Hyuk, her brother
        Seo Ji-Soo, who helped bring the 2 people together
        Jianny, friend of Hee and Hyuk and employee of her father

People from neither side:
        KDC - fictional character who has nothing better to do and likes to play minder whenever Jian goes anywhere with or near Hyuk.

Possible scenarios and dialogs:

----------------------------
* Opening Scene.

Jianny:   Hey Hyuk, I didn't know my boss is Hee's dad and your dad!

Hyuk:   Sorry I didn't want you to feel burdened about it. (Thinks to self: I also didn't want to brag about how I am the guardian of Hee and my dad, not to mention your guardian angel, Jianny.)

Hyuk:   Hi Ji-Soo, great to see you here. I guess you're here for both sides of the wedding.

Ji-Soo: I guess I did help bring them together, sort of, didn't I.

* Scene 2: Ji-Soo sees KDC and wonders why he's here at this wedding.

Ji-Soo: (to KDC) Oppa, why are you here?

Hyuk:   Oppa?? Why are you calling him oppa, Ji-Soo? KDC, what brings you here to my sister Hee's wedding?

KDC:    Oh, you didn't know? Hmm, gee, this is awkward. You mean you know my sister Ji-Soo, too?

Ji-Soo: But why are you here, Oppa? Have you been in touch with Jianny all along since she got kicked out?

KDC:    Um, no not at all. I had no idea she knows all these people....

Ji-Soo: Then why are you here?

KDC:    ... I, um, I work as a janitor and happen to be here for my part time gig. You know, I need the money for um, my new business venture and all that.

Ji-Soo: Dressed like that with the clothes I smuggled out for you??

Hyuk:   Ji-Soo, you should ask your brother where he's living lately. You'll never guess. :wink:

* Scene 3: Jianny had promised Ji-Soo not to let Hyuk know that they're sibs, previously, so she pretends.

Jianny: (To Ji-Soo) Hello, I'm Jian, Hyuk's friend from high school.

Ji-Soo: I heard a lot about you from Hyuk. (Thinks to herself - wait a minute, is she the suicidal one?)

Hyuk:   Hey, you two look similar. In fact, your names are similar. Wait a minute....

KDC:    (Walks up not knowing what's going on): Why are you sisters pretending not to know each other, Jian and Ji-Soo?

Hyuk:   Wait a minute, Jian, is this your sister who called you to tell her she needed to make a confession to someone? How could I have been so dense for 34 episodes? You two are sisters? Wow, this is AWKward....

KDC:    Wait a minute, why are you two (Hyuk and Jian) standing so close.

Ji-Soo: Oppa, what are you saying? Are you here because of Jianny? Are you in love with Jianny, too? Like Hyuk is too? And are you also living at the share house to be close to her? Ugh, I can't believe you stole my brother and my man, Jianny, now I will really never forgive you!

Hyuk:   Your man?....

Jianny: Well, I am just attracted to the guy with the big wallet, I mean I know he doesn't have a big wallet anymore, but I think if he goes back to his grandpa and grovels like I did, hopefully he'll be forgiven and restored as the heir again, and I can live My Glamours Life once again. I never realized how much I'd miss the hair stylist and the skin care and the masseuse.

Hyuk:   Jian-na!

Jianny: Just kidding! :tongue: Now that I've had @meechuttso and @titania1000 and @mglthrw8  explain to me how absurd it is that I've been letting this guy approach me after I tried to kill myself because of his mom and dad and how you, Hyuk, rescued and restored me back to health and total happiness, I changed my mind. I love you, Hyuk, and only you! :wub: I want to marry you right now and have your children and do a marble nude sculpture of you. Can we do shotgun wedding right now with your sister and that hottuk guy she's marrying? You're all I need, Hyuk, because you're much younger, more virile, much taller, hotter, has 15x more instagram fans - even more than me, are much better in bed, oh and I can't go on pretending I'm in love with Kokoschka.:blink: There's a limit to my insanity even in role playing. Let's get married and live happily ever after, oh Hyuk! Let's run away together from all this madness right after our wedding, Hyuk!

Hee & Hyuk's dad:       I approve of this marriage!

The rest of the cast's whereabouts and epilogue is left to the reader's imagination as homework.

(Disclaimer - Remember, this thread and this story is strictly about Hyuk and Jianny, and any references to other individuals mentioned were strictly accidental and tangential to the main story, which is about how the Jo-Gak Couple comes together.) 

tumblr_obmzqwsUOt1valxs7o1_250.gif

Disclaimer #2 - U.S. Surgeon General has declared that consumption of too much fan fiction can be hazardous to your mental health, resulting in craziness and anti-social behavior. Exhibit A through D.

tumblr_ov5ywiHUCv1valxs7o1_400.gif

tumblr_ov5yfvAkeu1valxs7o1_400.gif

tumblr_ov60mbcpfE1valxs7o2_400.gif

tumblr_ovk4efsFbY1valxs7o2_400.gif

Well, ever the optimist you are, @titania1000. Good for you, keep fighting. Or ask they say in SK, Whiting! :) I am pretty fatigued and have felt no urge to comment after watching the live streams only. Don't expect that to change much until this thing is OVER.

But while I checked in, might as well say a few words. There are couple of large cracks in the hull of this ship we uncovered in Ep , 35, 36.

First, we heard that Jian was aware for some time that Hyuk's the one Ji-Soo's been holding the torch for. And the movie ticket thing was her effort to put Hyuk together with Ji-Soo. That's bit of a cold water thrown on these fledgling embers here, trying to not get blown out. :huh: As I said, Jian is a FLAWED character. She's quite shameless and blind in ways that I care not get into again in detail, but unfortunately the writer has written herself into a corner where without these major flaws, there is absolutely no way for her to look anywhere away from Hyuk, who is all-sufficient for her, really. Her biggest flaw is her completely selective gratitude which of course defies any logic, and she frankly doesn't deserve Hyuk, (ouch):crazy: who in turn doesn't deserve the punishment of a crybaby known as Jian's sister. :mellow:

Secondly, we also found out that Hyuk himself had read Ji-Soo's confession card after she'd dropped it near the Cafe quite some time ago. And yet he kept acting in a way that seems contrary to his feelings for Jian. This, again, is poor writing mostly. It's silly, really, because his behavior makes no sense. This is Hyuk's flaw, again completely irrational but without which there is no Hyuk-JiSoo pairing hopes.

And @mglthrw8 wherever you are, I am afraid that DK=Kokoschka theory is dead at this point. I still think it was a great conjecture on your part, and still logical. But now the author has no path to redemption at this point because for whatever reason she decided to turn Kokoschka into a milquetoast, and all is well as if nothing had happened.

Not sure there was anything special about Jian's suicide or the drama's emotionally most powerful moments when Hyuk found Jian at the seaside now, and I don't see a way for the writer to redeem these somehow.

I could say more, but will refrain since it won't help this thread get any happier. I am not expecting anything from this writer anymore. :expressionless:<-- not HSM, just me with no expressions.

(*This post have been written since Sunday but was put on hold for the Submit button. Didn't want to post at first because it seems like I keep repeating myself like a broken record. Probably for the last time I'm going to say this. The writer killed the drama... in MY OWN PERSONAL opinion.)

From how Jian reacted to DK mum I really feel she wants nothing more to do with HS Group and their family. How is she ever going to be with DK whose family destroyed her sanity and pushed her to suicide? Which exactly is my question since many episodes ago that i cannot foresee them being together with the writing but which people in the other thread rebut me that "because I don't like DK" thats why i cant see them getting together, gosh!

Personally feel that the writer is writing a hole for herself unless she can convince how she's going to develop their story... why was it written that Hyuk was the one to find Jian only to stop dead their likely possible progress? And why do i feel that the writer is forcing Hyuk to fall in love with Jisoo? Poor Hyuk!

In all seriousness I have lost interest in this drama. Like what I said before, im only selectively watching for SHS. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the drama don't get extended so that SHS can confirm her next project earlier!

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Reposting this part in a separate post because the last one was too long!

@meechuttso @Ni Wen I understand your fatigue: it's been so long and we've been played so often (and i don't even count what happened in the other threads), so i won't force my feelings on you. I'll just keep collecting my arguments and expanding my thoughts on why our ship still make sense at this point of the story, and so i rewrote my posts to not be rude.

Ep 36 .

Is it only me or is there a room for it to be a major turning point in term of character development for Ji An (she faced her strongest fear: Do Kyung's mother) and in term of romance?

I'm pratically certain that Ji Soo shot herself in the foot by refusing to listen to Ji An and not working on getting over her insecurities.

If there's any  logic in this drama, she should  have lost for good  the progress made in term of  their mutual attraction with Hyuk. Not only she rejected him, she also said that she didn't like him because he wasn't like she thought he was. She basically appeared like a superficial girl whom feelings are not to be trusted and who got tired easily. The reality is even darker: she can't get over her selfishness and immaturity even when the relationship is being hand over to her by her rival, and she is even blaming Hyuk for something he has no control over it and while he did nothing wrong by loving and helping Ji An. 

Since  he's not the kind usually to pursue her again while she used such clear and harsh words, things should end here.

But it's true too that it  hurt him sincerely to lose the  innocent girl who wrote her 1st love confession to him and  he doesn't know that she's Ji An's ex sister. Can this change his mind? Can he decide to wait for her to change her mind like she waited for him?

I hope not. She's still preparing her french lessons and i feel like she should first and firemost go oversea to pursue her dream and work on finding her place in her family. That's enough on her plate and a good character development to end the drama considering where she started.       

On the other hand, Ji An seemed to have make up her mind and give up on Do Kyung! But could this be just a strategy to protect her family and him ?  

If she was entirely honest in this scene, what she said to Do Kyung's mother should be the last nail in the coffin to kill any hope of a romance with Do Kyung. The fact that she was able to say that she doesn't want a romance with Do Kyung and will never have one, so quickly and easily after her confession enlights why she couldn't act like a lover with him. Do Kyung complained about her coldness, and asked how she was hiding so well her feelings, while he was bursting with his feelings, but she refused to reveal her secret and called him arrogant for being so confident that her feelings would take the same road as his. In the final scene, her secret is out: she's not hiding anything, she's just not in love. 

I loved especially the lines about how Myung Hee should indeed clear up with her son while he's acting  with so much obstination, and both just should let her live her life alone.

But it's clear she's not entirely honest: she's acting as if she know nothing, while she knows very well that the powerful woman can't be in touch with her son since he's hiding from her, making some of her comments malicious....

And every word she picked was carefully chosen to not be a lie: there was nothing between Do Kyung and her when he left this home, there are still not in a relationship, at least not officially. Actually she couldn't say it but she had a plan to send him back home before his mother tried to interfere.    

The worst outcome would be that this exterior opposition to her plans would transforme Ji An's intention from sending him back to wanting to be with him and push her to come up  with a new strategy to win time before her reunion with Do Kyung. 

it would be a big disappointement (once more): The only reason she should have had to gather enough strength to confront No Myung Hee should be to protect her family. Her father was threatened again and she learnt how her mother was humiliated when she went to ask for forgiveness (kneeling for days). After all this it should be impossible for her to join his family.

Which leaves only one option for them if their romance prevails: to not  marry but just live together and independently, with the condition that he will renounce to his family and their money.  Clearly it would be a  cop out compared to the bold move that could have been for her to push everything away (including Do Kyung) and move on with Hyuk.

Not making bet seems the only safe bet, so let's just wait to see what next episodes will bring us: a new toned down of Ji An's strong declaration of rejecting Do Kyung and Haesung or a real shift to change her path and move her away form the classic poor girl falling for a chaebol story/trope.....  

@titania1000 some of the salient points I left unsaid were what you picked up on. If you listen to Jian's last words of ep 36, she parses carefully, and one definite way you can parse her words are "because i don't like" (Him). Now she can't back it up with actions, so I didn't dwell on it, as the writer has not created a clear compelling and logical narrative with any of the characters. It's almost like a maximal possible contingencies game for as long as possible, still not allowing Hyuk to pick up on the  girls' sisterhood from the most obvious Korean name similarities, etc., and she ruined the integrity of some of these characters, losing some more astute observers in the process from lack of authentic arcs. So yes, anything is possible, but in the sense that that's true for any garden variety makjang. 

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

I think Kokoschka is back, @mglthrw8 (see Ep 37 preview).

Just eeew, barf, though. So creepy again. He kind of turns rabid again when Jian jokes about marriage. Now goes back to his mother to declare "She is a person that I have come to consider truly precious to me." (as if momma will fix it for him if he tells her). Jian is largely to blame here, however, after her declaration to his momma at the end of Ep 36 (which I said she can't back up with actions didn't I?), it is complete non-sense to throw a line like her joking about marriage to DK, which makes him back into Kokoschka - SJA's face like the full moon to this werewolf.

Hyuk still clueless and spineless, but at least he's keeping his old room when his sister moved out when the homeless penniless intruder tries to take "Jian's old room"'. Jian must move out of the share-house if she has any shred of self respect left in her, although I don't expect this piece of sound advice to be followed either, just like all the others.

Just so random all these characters and their behaviors, and the writer is losing my respect with each new episode - and to add to that 2 more eps to make it 52 now. This torture won't end until well into March! :crazy:

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

About the proposal, what i see is that he's desperate to sleep with her, enough to confirm a desire to marry if it's the only way to have her. There's nothing at this stage in their relationship, which would call for this type of engagement. Despite the time spent together, he barely knows her, her dreams and show little interest in knowing more, their marriage would end to be like his parents marriage. Love doesn't conquer all, especially when it starts so low.      

LoL he's so unrealistic a dude. Studies abroad MBA from US but his English worse than JiAn's. Clueless at his first biz proposal presentation, too busy staring at her from inches away the night before when she helps him out of pity. Wants to 'own' her bcoz he didn't talk to any girls before by age 34. Just such an underdeveloped person, so suave, like I want to trust my corner lemonade business to a guy like that. <_<

Don't you know it's criminal to criticize Hyuk? You can be charged for that :lol: Poor baby, it's not his fault, the writer is keeping him blind to lead us on until the last minute. Hopefully, he will be rewarded for his patience by Ji An's love

Yes, for your sake, and your unwavering faith, @titania1000 I, hope the writer rewards him unexpectedly with the woman of his dreams.

This room is their sanctuary, nobody else should be allowed here. :heart:      

Too bad they are both typical kdrama virgins.

Soosorry, @titania1000, but maybe something for Hyuk to learn from. The male leads  in the current drama all lack a good brother like Taemin here is for Sangmin. Just miss 'normal' bromance like this, very badly.

I realized I forgot what normal human contrition looked like until I saw Sangmin's translated words above. That's what's missing at the moment. And needless gratitude and contrition, repentance and kindness on the part of the SHS lead character, for a truly unworthy counterpart who only paid lip service to apology and was the cause of her hell of pain.

Thumbs down to the extension. I can only hope for filming to end asap. The preview just made me less interested again hahaha. That DK... sighs... such a selfish and hopeless guy.

Hyuk is really a great guy, too bad the writer says Jian can only be his friend. @titania1000 I'm 100% sure that the writer will never let Jian be with Hyuk.. we can only wish LTH will have a chance to work with SHS again and he gets the girl then :)

@meechuttso I'm missing FC as usual hahahaha 

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

Guys, should we post the link to this thread to the main thread for the fellow shippers who are looking for a place where to rest from the criticism?:unsure: 

Nah, just  shout out directly from here to individuals with @ if u think of anyone. Don't bother lurking there. No useful comments there. Just some ppl realizing now what I said 2 months ago. :)

Archived