Ayame

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, namjiho said:

Wow!! So happy to see them together! :D

Lee Min Ki is in Nam Sehee mode again..haha. Somin is so pretty.. Hoping to see that interview they made.

LMK in Nam Sehee mode ...:blink:

I hope he doesn't act like that with her when they're off-cam. JSM looking beautiful and more mature.  I remember her feeling respectful and shy around him when they were starting the drama but now the body posture and smile are confident; like she has reach a higher level of acting working with him ... like equals.

Just read the translation of the Marie Claire article that accompanied the first pictorial before the drama ... both of them are introspective where they view roles they portray as filling up parts of themselves or absorbing the better nature of their characters. JSM was asked how she feels working with LMK after her great chemistry with LJ ... she said it felt " like cheating".  ( Hint, hint ... she was taken.)

8 hours ago, namjiho said:

Lee Min Ki is in Nam Sehee mode again..haha. Somin is so pretty.. Hoping to see that interview they made.

What a lovely surprise this was! The original interview is in Japanese: http://jp.mnet.com/news/newsdetail.m?searchNewsVO.news_id=20180301164639&category=special

Here's the English translation from Google Translate:

Spoiler

[Special] Interview with Lee Min-gui & Chung Somin starring "Because this life is the first time (original title)"!

◎ Please tell me the chance to decide the appearance for this work.

- Immin
I thought that the setting of the drama, all the characters are very attractive. The content I was going to draw in the drama was solid, I read and got power. I thought that I would like to participate in this work.

- Jung Somin
When I saw the script, I thought it was a very interesting and attractive work.
Also, I was very concerned about the continuation of what the story of not only Jiho I play but the characters of other characters. I thought that I would like to act and I wanted to participate in this work.

◎ How was it to co-star?

- Lee Min Ki
There are directors who know each other, but as soon as they started shooting, the director came from the director "I am envious to be able to perform with Somin." Ordinary "If you are a senior, you should take care of it properly" or "Somin is a good boy" such a thing? Yet it came "envious", so what are you talking about? I thought (laugh)
But I thought it was over after shooting.
I was envious of an enemy actor co-starring in the next piece of something (laugh) I was wondering myself, but it was such a wonderful co-star as I thought.

- Jung Somin
Mr. Mingi is a big senior who has been active since long before I debut, I've been watching the works that have been performed so far. Recently I was mainly appeared in the movie, but I heard that it will be very honorable to hear that you can play with the drama after a long absence.
And I will co-star for the first time, so I was wondering what kind of person it is. Actually when you tried it, there were a lot of things to learn at the site. And I'm always fine. I was thinking as to where I could have such physical fitness while the shooting was going on with difficulties (laugh) And I always appreciate it being caring for me.
Someday I am happy if I can co-star with a completely different work and character again.

◎ There were lots of scenes that made me smile, but what was it that was impressive?

- Lee Min Ki
When I went to Nankai where Jiho 's parents house is, I will kiss. Jiho who came back and went to part-time job the next day has scenes that wipe the table with a cloth and recall the scene and shake his head (12 episodes). That scene was very interesting and it was cute.
Also, the cat I kept was really cute. Actually twins. Their names are mint and lime. One child is active and the other is a child who likes to be held, and each scene was taken according to the personality of the two.
I healed my throat grueling. I was sorry that the shooting was prolonged (lol)

- Jung Somin

It is the scene where Seki, Jiho and Sung (Park Byung-eun) are screaming with the three people drunk, Seki screams the name of Jeho loudly at the entrance of the apartment. Most of the drunk figures played ad lib, but it was really real (lol)
Even in the drunk scenes after that, I was repeatedly ad lib and laughed a lot in the workplace. Even when I saw the broadcast later, I remembered that scene and laughed all the time.

◎ Three pairs of couples appear in this work, but which couple can sympathize?

- Lee Min Ki
Of course, it is Seki × Jiho Cuple that I played. But Wonsek x Hollang, Sang x Suji Couple also had their own stories, and I was able to sympathize with each one.

- Jung Somin
I am the same. After all I played, so I could sympathize with Seihi Jiho best.

◎ There were lots of lovely scenes, but what about recommendation?

- Lee Min Ki
It is a bit embarrassing when it is said that there are many things (laugh)
Well, if you choose one, it is a wedding scene. It is a scene that keeps walking slowly by connecting hands, adjusting strides. This is a collaborative work that two people meet and join for the first time. I think the overall atmosphere of that scene is wonderful.

- Jung Somin
I am sitting in a bus stop after two weddings in six stories. Especially, I do not have a kiss or a skin ship, but I played somewhat disgustingly.
Also, in this drama there is a title for each episode and the 6th episode is "because we are the first", I thought that it was exactly what the title is supposed to be.

◎ Although it was a unique character such as Seiki's way of speaking, expression, etc., how did you make a role?

- Lee Min Ki
Basically I acted faithfully on the content in the script. While adding Seki statues that I thought to him, I also talked a lot with the director. I let them sublimate each good point.
Then the character Seki went up.

◎ Have you had difficulties playing?

- Lee Min Ki
In the beginning, there were parts that I felt it was difficult to understand the character Seki. I carefully thought about what kind of person Seki was and tried to eliminate personal thoughts as much as possible.
Seki does not have a wide range of relationships and likes to be alone. However, in the present era, thinking about the relationship with the partner, it is difficult to live with attention to the behavior. It meets Jiho and it gradually changes.
Basically I respected Seki, and while I was playing Cecil, I learned much from him.

Although Seihi and Jiho, who are not yet completely adults, meet and will meet married for various reasons, I was very worried about what kind of married life these two people would live.

In the drama there is a dialogue that "marriage is what adults and adults meet", but I was able to sympathize very much with the dialogue. Two still immature people will become adults together through married life.

◎ It is Japan's first broadcast from March at Mnet. Please tell us sights.

Lee Min Ki
It is a funny and very good drama (lol) I think that it is also one of the recent social problems about values and conflicts with it, but it is never heavy in that part, it is never heavy and it can not be drawn while laughing with wit with light touch I will.
It is healed and it is a work that gives vitality when you see it, so I'm happy if you enjoy seeing it.

Jung Somin
Recently, gifts including social problems, anxiety about life, romance with 3 pairs of couple appeared, episodes suitable for each situation, thriller elements as well as sights It's a drama like a set (lol)

◎ Please give me a message at the end.

Lee Min Ki
I am glad to have greeted you all in a drama after a long absence.
Please be happy for one year this year. I hope this drama will give you good energy, so please have a look!

Jeongsomin
Despite some time since I finished shooting this drama, I am honored to be able to say hello to you in this way.

I played hard so I'd like to have fun seeing it. Thank you, Cam Sahamnida ~

I'm glad JSM liked the drunken Nam Se Hee scenes. I thought he was so funny!

@ fauna, thanks a bunch for the translated interview ... finally we get to hear their impressions and memories of BTIMFL. I don't know if it was disrespectful to ask each one what was their favorite kiss? I mean, their kisses ...:wub:

From JSM: "Someday, I am happy if I can co-star ( with LMK) with a completely different work and character again."  Please ....

* Apologies for the multiple entries today ... I already said I'm happy to see them together, right?! :lol:

10 hours ago, cgb1108 said:
13 hours ago, namjiho said:

LMK in Nam Sehee mode ...:blink:

I hope he doesn't act like that with her when they're off-cam.

I was referring to Minki's recent pictures with Somin, the way he sit beside her is really Sehee like. I just hope they will still remain friends offcam in spite of all what happened.. 

It's been a long time since I've been here. ^^v I was thinking about translating the Japanese interview (since Japanese is the only language I know enough of to translate lol), but it seems like the Google Translation wasn't too far off. If there's any part of the Google Translation that anyone's confused about, I can re-translate any part if anyone wants me to. It is nice to see them together again though. :) 

On 3/3/2018 at 3:22 AM, fauna said:

◎ How was it to co-star?

- Lee Min Ki
There are directors who know each other, but as soon as they started shooting, the director came from the director "I am envious to be able to perform with Somin." Ordinary "If you are a senior, you should take care of it properly" or "Somin is a good boy" such a thing? Yet it came "envious", so what are you talking about? I thought (laugh)
But I thought it was over after shooting.
I was envious of an enemy actor co-starring in the next piece of something (laugh) I was wondering myself, but it was such a wonderful co-star as I thought.

- Jung Somin
Mr. Mingi is a big senior who has been active since long before I debut, I've been watching the works that have been performed so far. Recently I was mainly appeared in the movie, but I heard that it will be very honorable to hear that you can play with the drama after a long absence.
And I will co-star for the first time, so I was wondering what kind of person it is. Actually when you tried it, there were a lot of things to learn at the site. And I'm always fine. I was thinking as to where I could have such physical fitness while the shooting was going on with difficulties (laugh) And I always appreciate it being caring for me.

hi @ayame, nice too see you again here.. :D may you kindly clarify their answers on above question.. The translation was kinda confusing.. Thanks!  :D

@namjiho Here you go, hopefully this clears that part up:

◎ What was like to act together (in this drama)?

Lee Min Ki:
Around the time I started filming the drama, a director I knew e-mailed me saying, “Knowing that you’re working with So Min makes me jealous of you.” Usually he would say something like, “Since you’re the sunbae, you should take care of her” or “So Min is a good person”. But instead he said, “I’m jealous”, so I wondered, “What is he talking about?” (laughs)

But, when we finishing filming the drama, I had similar thoughts. I thought I would also be jealous of So Min’s co-star in her next project. (laughs) I thought about how mysterious that was, but she is so much of a wonderful co-star that I would think that of her.

Jung So Min:
Min Ki is a sunbae who had debuted long before me and had filmed a lot of projects that I have watched for a long time. Recently he had mainly appeared in movies, but I heard that he would be in a drama after a long time. Also, knowing that I could be his co-star, I thought of it as a great honor to work with him.

Also since it was my first time working with him, I wondered what kind of person he would be. And when we actually started to work together, I learned a lot from him as we were filming. So, the filming would always be good. Whenever we had a long and difficult time during filming, I started to wonder just how much endurance does he have. (laughs) I’m grateful that he always took care of me. 
I’ll be happy if we can work together again in a different project with different characters someday.

Thank you so much dear @Ayame Your translation is much clearer..

LMK: But, when we finishing filming the drama, I had similar thoughts. I thought I would also be jealous of So Min’s co-star in her next project. (laughs) I thought about how mysterious that was, but she is so much of a wonderful co-star that I would think that of her.

JSM: I’ll be happy if we can work together again in a different project with different characters someday.

If I hadn't known their real score, my delulu mind is squealing now.. But yeah, never mind.. :D

On 6/3/2018 at 12:34 PM, Ayame said:

@namjiho Here you go, hopefully this clears that part up:

◎ What was like to act together (in this drama)?

Lee Min Ki:
Around the time I started filming the drama, a director I knew e-mailed me saying, “Knowing that you’re working with So Min makes me jealous of you.” Usually he would say something like, “Since you’re the sunbae, you should take care of her” or “So Min is a good person”. But instead he said, “I’m jealous”, so I wondered, “What is he talking about?” (laughs)

But, when we finishing filming the drama, I had similar thoughts. I thought I would also be jealous of So Min’s co-star in her next project. (laughs) I thought about how mysterious that was, but she is so much of a wonderful co-star that I would think that of her.

Jung So Min:
Min Ki is a sunbae who had debuted long before me and had filmed a lot of projects that I have watched for a long time. Recently he had mainly appeared in movies, but I heard that he would be in a drama after a long time. Also, knowing that I could be his co-star, I thought of it as a great honor to work with him.

Also since it was my first time working with him, I wondered what kind of person he would be. And when we actually started to work together, I learned a lot from him as we were filming. So, the filming would always be good. Whenever we had a long and difficult time during filming, I started to wonder just how much endurance does he have. (laughs) I’m grateful that he always took care of me. 
I’ll be happy if we can work together again in a different project with different characters someday.

He always takes care and praises somin since the first drama's interview .... I just felt that minki is sooo into somin. Loveeeee the way he talk bout his opinion .....please somin look at him closely deep inside his heart hahahahha... And now somin is kinda missing the drama and her characters and maybe minki/sehee too but...  In fact...  She belongs to someone else.... Huhuuu

On 3/2/2018 at 8:09 PM, namjiho said:

I was referring to Minki's recent pictures with Somin, the way he sit beside her is really Sehee like. I just hope they will still remain friends offcam in spite of all what happened.. 

Interesting that the quote from LMK was about marriage ... 

Also, the way they looked made me think of JiHo & SeHee married for a while and with kids!

On 3/7/2018 at 5:38 AM, namjiho said:

Wow, Somin is reading the books featured in BTIMFL.. Sehee' poetry book is also there.. :D can't move on?  

Maybe, JSM getting a bit nostalgic ... 

On 3/7/2018 at 5:38 AM, namjiho said:

Wow, Somin is reading the books featured in BTIMFL.. Sehee' poetry book is also there.. :D can't move on?  

Aw, she really loved working on BTIMFL. I think the director wanted to buy her that book.

Here is a picture of cast members making fun of a picture of LMK. Haha, he must have got along really well with them!

On 3/6/2018 at 1:49 PM, fauna said:

@Ayame Thank you for the translation! It’s so nice that they are praising each other.

It looks like the BTIMFL DVDs really do have a lot of extras, and those who ordered by 1/31 do get the script books.

You're welcome. ^^ Also thanks for posting that picture of the DVDs. I ordered mine before 1/31, so I'm glad I'll be getting the script books. Looks like the release date will be April 30th, so a bit of a wait though.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:02 AM, fauna said:

Aw, she really loved working on BTIMFL. I think the director wanted to buy her that book.

Here is a picture of cast members making fun of a picture of LMK. Haha, he must have got along really well with them!

Lol this made me laugh. I love how close the staff members are as well. <3

13 hours ago, Ayame said:

You're welcome. ^^ Also thanks for posting that picture of the DVDs. I ordered mine before 1/31, so I'm glad I'll be getting the script books. Looks like the release date will be April 30th, so a bit of a wait though.

Yes, that is a bit of a wait. Looks like there will be lots of extras though.

There might be another upcoming interview with LMK in Hanryu Pia magazine. I hope it gets posted online.

http://piabook.com/shop/g/gA15494043018/

On 3/9/2018 at 8:40 PM, fauna said:

Yes, that is a bit of a wait. Looks like there will be lots of extras though.

There might be another upcoming interview with LMK in Hanryu Pia magazine. I hope it gets posted online.

http://piabook.com/shop/g/gA15494043018/

For this magazine article, will there be pictures included? Also, hoping there's mention of upcoming projects ... news about this guy are few and far between.

9 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

For this magazine article, will there be pictures included? Also, hoping there's mention of upcoming projects ... news about this guy are few and far between.

I hope so. The magazine comes out on 3/22, so we will see.

Ayyy, thank you for the interview translations! And @Ayame for the clarification as well! It's nice to see you back in the thread!

I just got back from Korea and one week is too short. I didn't get to visit other places from the drama, except for one!

I managed to visit Yolo Cafe! (It's called Mu Cafe in real life). I seriously love the place. The vibe is so chill, playlist is great and coffee is delicious. They also serve food and beer! My friend (who isn't a fan but knows why I dragged her to the coffee shop) loved the place!  (might have convinced her to watch the drama too, haha!)

IMG_68nujy.jpg

IMG_nxnlsw.jpg

Yolo Cafe:

because-this-is-my-first-life-2017-filmi

because-this-is-my-first-life-2017-filmi

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I'll be going back in the next half of the year so I'll make sure to visit the other places you guys suggested! 

Just a few more weeks and it's April already! I'm excited to get my DVD with all the goodies. 

And yes please to more Minki interviews! ❤️

Archived