Quantcast

Hi guys! I have been happy there was MK's sighting few days ago. He's been getting more attractive lately, lol.

There's one thing I've been thinking for some time. I've been trying to get myself together. I've been trying to rationalize my mind. To separate the drama life and the real one. This shipping thread has given me a roller coaster ride.  And it's ok. Really ok. I am grateful to be part of this wonderful thread. I've keep coming back because I like everyone here.

But I'm not gonna lie, the confirmed news kinda surprised me for some time. I kept telling myself, it's ok. I've tried to protect my heart by just avoiding to rewatch btimfl and the bts' like i used to. But it didn't work. My heart was still in 'pain'. It just made me missing btimfl more. 

So, I've been rewatching the drama over and over again. Been visiting TVN channel to see the bts clips. You know what? It's 'healing'. Believe me. It is! Perhaps, I'm more shipping SH and JH's character than MK and SM (?). What's the point of the confirmed news with the lack of pics or videos irl if we could get tons of the 'set ones' ? 

My rational mind told me that, the actor's main job is not to 'please' the fans (moreover if it's related to their privacy). Their job is to deliver the story. To deliver the character. And they nailed it. MK and SM nailed it that it led us to ship them irl. Their chemistry was amazing!

You can't make your crush to like you. So you can't force 2 people to love each other either. You just can hope. 

My point is, go rewatch the drama, the bts'. Support it. It's equally 'romantic'.

And it's not a goodbye post. I don't know, it's just out of the blue. Have a good day!

ps. I'm sorry the fonts coming out so large and I can't make it normal. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@eunji18 same here.. i've learned to move on little by little from my SoMinKi delulu after the ship officially sunked.. but i'm still definitely not over SeHo/snail couple/Arsenal couple yet.. i'm not watching any dramas right now except for BTLIOF.. rewatching parts or one episode after a long day at work.. my stress reliever.. haha!! i think i wont find another drama with the same impact as BTLIOF did to me, or i maybe wrong.. :D

• Like 4

Sharp eyes have identified the book LMK has been reading in line in Cebu - Only Two People, short stories about relationships, I think.  Someone delved more into it on IG.  Guess this is light winter reading for our guy or he's thinking of someone ... relationships ... can't tell if he's single because all of his sightings have been with close male friends. 

Our girl seems to be also on the solitary path, since BF is away in the military.  Must be serious cuz she seems to be wearing a promise ring on her left hand. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

Sharp eyes have identified the book LMK has been reading in line in Cebu - Only Two People, short stories about relationships, I think.  Someone delved more into it on IG.  Guess this is light winter reading for our guy or he's thinking of someone ... relationships ... can't tell if he's single because all of his sightings have been with close male friends. 

Our girl seems to be also on the solitary path, since BF is away in the military.  Must be serious cuz she seems to be wearing a promise ring on her left hand. 

I think he makes friends easily, but it might be hard for him to start a romantic relationship, since he doesn’t like to make the first move.

I found this story on page 99 of his thread:

On 3/31/2009 at 5:56 PM, creidesca said:

was checking my gmail account, and it's a bit late (really late to be exact), but I thought I'd like to share it here, courtesy of ula regarding Min Ki's appearance on Jipijigi:

So during the ping-pong Q&A session, LMK asked Yuri where she lived. (This was a little funny in and of itself b/c in the script, LMK was supposed to ask Bong-sun noona a question and vice versa. But instead, he asked Yuri a question.) Yuri answered him and then asked him where he lived. The MCs interrupted them here and asked LMK why he asked her that particular question. He explained that there was a sandwich & coffee shop in Apgoo-dong that he knew of, and if she would want to go with him there sometime. Thinking that he was interested in her, she replied " o.k.!" (Chae Yeon makes a comment here to Yuri that "you're probably still a little too young to know this, but you shouldn't say 'yes' so readily to a guy..." etc.) Then, it was Yuri's turn to ask a question, so she asks LMK if he's the type of guy to make the first move with a girl. He says "no, not usually." So then the MCs ask him why he reached out to Yuri today. LMK clarifies that the reason he asked her those questions was b/c a friend of his who works at that sandwich & coffee place likes Yuri - that's why he asked her to go there sometime with him so he can introduce her to his friend. Realizing the misunderstanding that just took place, LMK then asks Yuri if her feelings were hurt. She replies "I've... changed my mind. I'm going to look at [the model sitting next to LMK - can't remember his name] again."

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

On 1/19/2018 at 1:20 AM, namjiho said:

@eunji18 same here.. i've learned to move on little by little from my SoMinKi delulu after the ship officially sunked.. but i'm still definitely not over SeHo/snail couple/Arsenal couple yet.. i'm not watching any dramas right now except for BTLIOF.. rewatching parts or one episode after a long day at work.. my stress reliever.. haha!! i think i wont find another drama with the same impact as BTLIOF did to me, or i maybe wrong.. :D

Ditto. Disappointed they are not a real life couple, but Ji Ho and Se Hee were meant for each other and will always be together. That helps a lot.

This is my favorite vid of them and why I will always love them.

• Like 4

I just wanted to applaud the grace of the people in this thread. Yes, our ship sunk but we are still in love with the actors who brought Se Hee & Ji Ho to life in BTIMFL.  The reason I say this is I occasionally lurk in the JoonMin thread just to see how the relationship is going because I like JSM that much.  From what I gather, she's experiencing a backlash from withholding her real relationship while filming BTIMFL, which made people ship SoMinKi since fans thought she was single.  Whatever the reason for not being forthcoming about her boyfriend,  that's her business.  Whether or whenever she chose to reveal, that's her call.  Now that the show is becoming more popular & the chemistry between LMK & JSM is so palpable, the loveteam is gaining more fans which may be irritating the JoonMin side. I will keep to myself the negative remarks they have heaped upon LMK when the poor guy hasn't done anything to deserve such treatment. I also find it interesting that JSM is more visible socially while LMK is almost invisible.  Ji Ho was JSM's breakthrough role but only LMK could play Se Hee.  He could have made appearances, too, but that's not our guy's style. ( Really hate to say this So Min, but you lost out on a gem of a man.  Of course, I'm biased.)

I guess the moral of the story is do not lurk in the otherside thread.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

I just wanted to applaud the grace of the people in this thread. Yes, our ship sunk but we are still in love with the actors who brought Se Hee & Ji Ho to life in BTIMFL.  The reason I say this is I occasionally lurk in the JoonMin thread just to see how the relationship is going because I like JSM that much.  From what I gather, she's experiencing a backlash from withholding her real relationship while filming BTIMFL, which made people ship SoMinKi since fans thought she was single.  Whatever the reason for not being forthcoming about her boyfriend,  that's her business.  Whether or whenever she chose to reveal, that's her call.  Now that the show is becoming more popular & the chemistry between LMK & JSM is so palpable, the loveteam is gaining more fans which may be irritating the JoonMin side. I will keep to myself the negative remarks they have heaped upon LMK when the poor guy hasn't done anything to deserve such treatment. I also find it interesting that JSM is more visible socially while LMK is almost invisible.  Ji Ho was JSM's breakthrough role but only LMK could play Se Hee.  He could have made appearances, too, but that's not our guy's style. ( Really hate to say this So Min, but you lost out on a gem of a man.  Of course, I'm biased.)

@cgb1108 Hi! And hello to all who still visit this thread every now and then. Thank you for this thoughtful post and for all of you who post updates. Most of us have probably left this thread already for so many reasons. I wanted to clarify something on your post @cgb1108 and I speak only for myself. And quite honestly, I don’t want to “beat a dead horse” so to speak, because what’s done is done. However, I wasn’t disappointed that JSM did not reveal her relationship. She is entitled to her private life, after all.  But I am disappointed in the way I perceived her behavior - because in my opinion she behaved as if she was single, especially in the bts - which was unnecessary, given the popularity of BTIMFL. It’s sad and unfortunate that she is receiving backlash. But at the same time, it is rather difficult for me to blame the “backlash-ers” also. I hope that made sense. And please other shippers - don’t hate on me - you’ve got your couple to celebrate!

• Like 8

I was looking for something that would explain how I felt about the revelation 22 days ago. Feels like a lifetime, no? 

Then I found this on IG. And it was the perfect quote. 

To your point, @lc85 it was a struggle for me to reconcile JSM’s behavior on the BTS with her real relationship status. 

This quote and a friend of mine who is absolutely objective about all of this, summed  it up for me: They’re actors. And they must’ve truly immersed themselves in their characters as they made us all fall in love with them. 

And who knows if their own hearts fluttered a bit in the process? They must have—as the quote says—felt the music. 

I was angry, disappointed, maybe in a bit of denial as well. Life (and work) had other plans and it kept me away from the thread. But just as well... who knows what I might have said when my emotions were too raw?

I appreciate the grace that this thread has shown through it all. But I also hope that if anyone felt the need to grieve, to be sad, or to rant—that’s okay, too. There are no right or wrong expressions, as long as it doesn’t disrespect or harm anyone. Repressing feelings may be detrimental to one’s sanity. 

Anyway, happy to be back. Life’s still busy, but I am not saying goodbye at all. 

• Like 7

Hi everyone first time writing on this tread but I have been reading all the comments. I am a fun of JSM and LMK, I supported them individually so when I heard they were going to act together I just knew it was going to be magical and so it was. Until the dating news came out.....we were all impressed with how JSM treated LMK, we appreciated her when she showed displeasure when the reporter ask LMK that question. We loved their chemistry and so shipped them but because what we wanted didn't happen we all got disappointed, looking for who to blame and piled all the blame on JSM for misleading us but not analysing our own action that we also got carried away. My question is haven't anyone of us been friends with an opposite sex where people around as thought there was something going on between you or tell you to date them but you know they are not the one no matter how intriguing they are, you just want to be friends.  What if LKM is in a relationship already or is not attracted to JSM as we all thought 

What if because LKM knew that JSM was already taken so it helped them to act well.

For the bts I personally didn't see anything inappropriate from JSM she is naturally close with her co-star, that's how she creates chemistry.

My issue is why are we destroying a beautiful production just because the leads didn't date in real life. BTLIMFT is a master piece it's suppose to be a comeback for LMK which he acted brilliantly and he deserve all the wards in k drama land but because of JSM dating issues most of us are hating her and the production not realising it's also affecting LMK indirectly cos it's their drama. So please I know it's hurts but can we just try and separate their personal life from the production and support it just as we did initially because it's indeed magical.

is like my clinical case report so long 

Sorry

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

It’s sad that she has to deal with fans’ backlash and try to maintain a two-year long distance relationship with a celebrity who has fans of his own. It must be difficult for her.

LMK and JSM were so friendly and playful with each other in the bts that their cuteness made me want to ship them in real life. That thank you hug they gave each other at the end was so sweet and heartwarming. In the end, I’m glad that they were not cold and strictly professional to each other. It would have made the bts boring to watch, and it’s nice to know that they became friends and enjoyed working on BTIMFL together.

However, they might not be able to remain friends due to the backlash. I can see why LMK stays away from social media. Fans can be loving, but very hateful too. I hope the DVD commentary will be fun and insightful, with a lot of laughter.

• Like 3

Hello! Glad to see visitors in our thread. Thank you for all of your posts :)

And welcome back @ahhhjummahhhjo! I missed you! ❤️ 

Also dropping by to say that both Minki and Somin are nominated in Soompi Awards for Best Actor of the Year & Actress of the Year! Here are the links:

Actor of the Year (Lee Minki): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/actor-of-the-year

Actress of the Year (Jung Somin): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/actress-of-the-year

Best Couple (Lee Minki and Jung Somin): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-couple

Because This Life Is My First:

Drama of the Year https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/drama-of-the-year

Best Ensemble

https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-acting-ensemble

Best Soundtrack

https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-soundtrack

I'm disappointed they weren't nominated for Best Kiss, haha. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Let's support and vote for our amazing actor.. :D

1 hour ago, sierralainewalsh said:

I'm disappointed they weren't nominated for Best Kiss, haha. 

Same here chinggu.. how can they forget the sweet kisses in BTLIOF? There's so much feels in the beach kiss, 'can-i-kiss-you?' kiss, and SeHee-in-yellow-shirt kiss.. lol! :D

• Like 6

@sierralainewalsh, yes, our couple definitely got robbed in the Best Kiss category ... conspiracy theorists say that JSM's BF is using his military clout to prevent nomination ... :D

@fauna, I hope that LMK & JSM's friendship remains intact.  Honestly, the two of them just had too much fun making the drama ... if their hearts fluttered in the process, as @ahhhjummahhhjo suggested, well, they're only human and bodes well for their next project together ... sorry, BF, just got to accept because it will happen. Someday.

• LOL 5

16 hours ago, namjiho said:

Same here chinggu.. how can they forget the sweet kisses in BTLIOF? There's so much feels in the beach kiss, 'can-i-kiss-you?' kiss, and SeHee-in-yellow-shirt kiss.. lol! :D

I really wanted to say this long before JAN 01, 2018 dating issue,  " I know that there is such a word INSECURE in the dictionary". 

Friends let's vote for him (our LMK) as best actor, he is still missing in action. He cannot defend himself but of course a true gentleman is not Insecure.

• Like 5

On 1/19/2018 at 6:54 AM, eunji18 said:

Hi guys! I have been happy there was MK's sighting few days ago. He's been getting more attractive lately, lol.

There's one thing I've been thinking for some time. I've been trying to get myself together. I've been trying to rationalize my mind. To separate the drama life and the real one. This shipping thread has given me a roller coaster ride.  And it's ok. Really ok. I am grateful to be part of this wonderful thread. I've keep coming back because I like everyone here.

But I'm not gonna lie, the confirmed news kinda surprised me for some time. I kept telling myself, it's ok. I've tried to protect my heart by just avoiding to rewatch btimfl and the bts' like i used to. But it didn't work. My heart was still in 'pain'. It just made me missing btimfl more. 

So, I've been rewatching the drama over and over again. Been visiting TVN channel to see the bts clips. You know what? It's 'healing'. Believe me. It is! Perhaps, I'm more shipping SH and JH's character than MK and SM (?). What's the point of the confirmed news with the lack of pics or videos irl if we could get tons of the 'set ones' ? 

My rational mind told me that, the actor's main job is not to 'please' the fans (moreover if it's related to their privacy). Their job is to deliver the story. To deliver the character. And they nailed it. MK and SM nailed it that it led us to ship them irl. Their chemistry was amazing!

You can't make your crush to like you. So you can't force 2 people to love each other either. You just can hope. 

My point is, go rewatch the drama, the bts'. Support it. It's equally 'romantic'.

And it's not a goodbye post. I don't know, it's just out of the blue. Have a good day!

ps. I'm sorry the fonts coming out so large and I can't make it normal. 

You are definitely correct. The feeling is mutual. I am biased I am more on Lee min ki's side. I really loved their tandem. I truly do. Until now before I sleep I will  not let a single seconds past without browsing the Internet looking for their BTS, photos in IG if there's  any updates, etc. BTIMFL is my FLAG ceremony in the morning.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, namjiho said:

Their kisses were really the best. I thought the beach kiss would at least be nominated.

I will just have to settle for the other categories. There are 24 votes allowed in each category per day. I hope at least he will win, but the competition is tough.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

@sierralainewalsh, yes, our couple definitely got robbed in the Best Kiss category ... conspiracy theorists say that JSM's BF is using his military clout to prevent nomination ... :D

@fauna, I hope that LMK & JSM's friendship remains intact.  Honestly, the two of them just had too much fun making the drama ... if their hearts fluttered in the process, as @ahhhjummahhhjo suggested, well, they're only human and bodes well for their next project together ... sorry, BF, just got to accept because it will happen. Someday.

Is it really true?  So that's why it's not in the category lists?