Ayame

Sharing stuff about uri namja for positive vibes~ PDnim is telling the truth about MK being quite Sehee-like. I found some stuff to share. 

Sehee qualities of LMK:

Spoiler
On 10/27/2007 at 12:45 PM, creidesca said:

Lee Min Ki, "Stopped Watching TV Two Years Ago"

Lee Min Ki said on "Sang Sang Plus" that he stopped watching TV and using the internet. He said that he becomes a natural man when he comes home and that his reason for not watching tv or using internet is because the cable tv/internet service is too expensive. He thought that even if he didn't have cable, he would still get the basic/local channels, but he didn't get local channels either. When he comes home, he either reads books or plays his guitar. He also stated that he doesn't know very many new celebrities these days because he doesn't watch TV. He cancelled his cable and Internet service because he didn't think that it was profitable/beneficial to pay for expensive cable/internet service.

translation credits: purpletiger86

Here are some Sehee-like rules of MK lol

from purpletiger86:

It's Lee Min Ki's rules...

1. Make sure the door bell does not ring after 10pm.

2. Make sure to have his friends leave his house after 10pm.

3. Whether he goes out or goes to bed, make sure that the TV and lights are off.

4. Have his cell phone on silent at home.

LMK Debut and about his first love:

Spoiler
On 10/25/2007 at 8:56 AM, creidesca said:

translation credits: purpletiger86

Lee Min Ki, "The Truth Is, I debuted Thanks To Kang Dong Won"

Lee Min Ki said that he debuted as an actor thanks to his close colleague friend Kang Dong Won. As we all know, Lee Min Ki debuted in the one-act episode Drama City "My Older Brother". The lead role was originally casted as Kang Dong Won. Lee Min Ki fell in love with the scenario and held a conference meeting with the director/staff to take on the role, although the staff casted Kang Dong Won. Both Lee Min Ki and Kang Dong Won were from Busan...so they didn't have a problem with talking in that dialect. Worried that Kang Dong Won might want to take on this project, Lee Min Ki already requested for the role and held a conference meeting with the staff beforehand. The staff decided to give Lee Min Ki the role instead of Kang Dong Won.

and Min Ki sure proved himself to land the role, didn't he?

Lee Min Ki, "My First Love Was A Woman Who Was Six Years My Senior"

Lee Min Ki announced that he had dated a woman who was six years older than him in real life on a variety show (Sang Sang Plus). When he was a Senior in High School, he worked at a coffee shop for part-time and that woman was a customer there. She would come into the coffee shop ordering cocoa and sitting at the same spot everyday. One day, she came over to Lee Min Ki and handed him a tissue that read "I like your smile". At that time, Lee Min Ki lied about his age to be able to work...and that's how he was able to date a woman six years his senior. She was a business woman who would offer to give him rides home after he got off work.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, eunji18 said:

I'll definitely purchase the books if they're in english :( 

sorry for the earlier post i thought it is the dvd cover but instead its the script book..wow one of the main promotional statement "1st chapter of the second book is about sehee" so where is the story of  jiho now?? :lol: just kidding im glad that there is a chapter for sehee's story only... coz for me its one of the flaw on the btimfl...  details of what sehee's life during childhood up to his current age... coz its only show about what happen to his first relationship

8 hours ago, mydisplayname said:

Sharing stuff about uri namja for positive vibes~ PDnim is telling the truth about MK being quite Sehee-like. I found some stuff to share. 

Sehee qualities of LMK:

Reveal hidden contents

Here are some Sehee-like rules of MK lol

from purpletiger86:

It's Lee Min Ki's rules...

1. Make sure the door bell does not ring after 10pm.

2. Make sure to have his friends leave his house after 10pm.

3. Whether he goes out or goes to bed, make sure that the TV and lights are off.

4. Have his cell phone on silent at home.

LMK Debut and about his first love:

Reveal hidden contents

so he is really the live version of sehee... who knows maybe the scriptwriter is somehow a fan of minki.

on the other note: im glad that there are international fans  who are busy now preparing gifts to give to minki for his upcoming birthday :lol:

9 hours ago, eunji18 said:

I agree with you. Even though I've ever said that i don't think I can rewatch the drama because of you know why, But when the drama clips appeared on my ig feeds, I just couldn't resist to spend my minute to watch them. I suddenly remembered the  very first reason why I was so into this drama for the past 3 months. It wasn't LMK nor JSM. It's the drama itself. Its good script, beautiful editing, excellent acting, It's just so perfect. 

I want to borrow Bok Nam's line, "If she has a boyfriend, then why?"

If you're still hoping for Sominki to be true, take it easy, she's still dating, not marriage.

If you're okay if they are not together in the real life, it's better then. 

<33

Please don't feel offended by my post. I love everybody here <33 Have a good day!

ps: I love to post on this thread cause I know everybody still here.:)

It's common. Even you can download the old kdramas script on websites :)

i love your quote but with no sarcastic at all i hope they last forever  :tongue:

with a 2 quotes for the day

1. "Don't be sad because it's over.. Be glad because its happened".

3. Everything happen for  a reasons but sometimes we wish we new the reason or sometimes its because of not so wise decision....:D

I think I read somewhere how MinMin or other people think that the characters are close to the lead actors. I'm starting to wonder now what the writer was thinking while writing the script. I'm sure she has read a lot about the actors. Was she inspired by these two and build the character from MInMin? I'm now more interested in how writers' brain works. Hahahah

So out of topic. I just want to understand or know how writers think. So if anyone knows, please let me know :)

If anyone is interested in an English language version of the poetry in BTIMFL, I got the following reply from a US publisher:

Thanks for your interest in the Korean drama and poetry. We do have the following two titles available for purchase:

The Island in The Dream of Things by Chong Hyon-Jong. Here is the link: 

http://www.homabooks.com/eBookstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10_14_21&products_id=2095

A visitor in Whisper of Splendor by Chong Hyon-Jong. Here is the link:

http://www.homabooks.com/eBookstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10_14_21&products_id=2523

You will need to register on our web store www.homabooks.com to order the books.

3 hours ago, agathatefora said:

I think I read somewhere how MinMin or other people think that the characters are close to the lead actors. I'm starting to wonder now what the writer was thinking while writing the script. I'm sure she has read a lot about the actors. Was she inspired by these two and build the character from MInMin? I'm now more interested in how writers' brain works. Hahahah

So out of topic. I just want to understand or know how writers think. So if anyone knows, please let me know :)

The writer did seem to know about LMK & JSM's  personal stories ... based on past interviews, perhaps.  JSM seems closer to Ji Ho's character because this role really transformed her. She has that same "psycho" side underneath all that sweetness.  LMK is probably more fun in real life than See Hee ... just listen to the man's laugh in the BTS.

Additional story about See Hee's background ... that's why, show, you really need a Season 2! And this word of mouth by celebrities via social media can only help spread the word ... so tempted to DM a celebrity here in LA via IG to check out the show since it brilliantly tackled sexual harassment ... maybe, something Hollywood can emulate.

9 hours ago, agathatefora said:

hmmm honestly im thinking maybe the scriptwriter is a fan of them that she created the character base in them coz if you will look on the chronologic order after minki's name announce ti be lead actor the following day its SM. and despite minki's allegedly assault scandal they still stick to minki.

9 hours ago, fauna said:

If anyone is interested in an English language version of the poetry in BTIMFL, I got the following reply from a US publisher:

Thanks for your interest in the Korean drama and poetry. We do have the following two titles available for purchase:

http://www.homabooks.com/eBookstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10_14_21&products_id=2095

http://www.homabooks.com/eBookstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10_14_21&products_id=2523

You will need to register on our web store www.homabooks.com to order the books.

hope there will someone will buy them and share it here since it is in english.

well to those chingus here who still fans of sehee and jiho perse not as the minki and SM this scene already in 1.8 views in just 6 weeks.. and there are many funny comments on the comment section just look all of them you will reminded the journey of your shipping and some funny stuffs. indeed just like the recent article in Korea dated jan 5 2018 (after the dating news revealed)  with one of the comments "Lee Minki and SM chemistry is no joke.

on the happier note: if you go to twitter and search the hashtag #becausethisismyfirstlife there are new fans of the show.

10 hours ago, fauna said:

Thank you so much! I love the poems that were featured in the drama and I'd love to get a copy of the books! (The shipping fee will be a problem though LOL)

I'm going to Korea in a few months and I'm planning to visit YOLO cafe and the cafe where Sehee & JiHo had their date! Any more suggestions?

I'm still hoping we get a second season of BTLIMF. So glad it's still gaining new fans. I hope we get more DVD preorders through them haha!

Mmmm, as for the shipping.. it's que sera sera for me I guess. Let's just see what happens! As long as they're both happy. :)

Enjoy your weekend, friends! Thanks for all the posts! ❤️

11 minutes ago, sierralainewalsh said:

Thank you so much! I love the poems that were featured in the drama and I'd love to get a copy of the books! (The shipping fee will be a problem though LOL)

I'm going to Korea in a few months and I'm planning to visit YOLO cafe and the cafe where Sehee & JiHo had their date! Any more suggestions?

I'm still hoping we get a second season of BTLIMF. So glad it's still gaining new fans. I hope we get more DVD preorders through them haha!

Mmmm, as for the shipping.. it's que sera sera for me I guess. Let's just see what happens! As long as they're both happy. :)

Enjoy your weekend, friends! Thanks for all the posts! ❤️

i forgot the ig account one of the international fan visit the cafe and even the waiting area of bus station... 

if im not mistaken the waiting area of the bus train in episode 1 is the waiting area in tvn building

@sierralainewalsh, how about the bookstore both of them visited in Ep 14? Since both are book lovers, you never know who you may run into ... And I don't know if you're willing to take the long trip to Namhee for the famous sunset kiss site.  You're so lucky to be able to go!   And like you, que sera sera, too, with "uri" couple. JSM said she wanted to guest in variety shows and we know who's really good on them - LMK!  Maybe, that's where we'll see them next ...

53 minutes ago, cgb1108 said:

@sierralainewalsh, how about the bookstore both of them visited in Ep 14? Since both are book lovers, you never know who you may run into ... And I don't know if you're willing to take the long trip to Namhee for the famous sunset kiss site.  You're so lucky to be able to go!   And like you, que sera sera, too, with "uri" couple. JSM said she wanted to guest in variety shows and we know who's really good on them - LMK!  Maybe, that's where we'll see them next ...

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll add the bus stop and the book store on my list. It'll be great if I meet either of them, or a Sehee of my own will do! :D I'd love to go to Namhae but I'm pressed for time on this trip. I'll go on my second visit for sure!

It'll be great to see them on a variety show! Especially Minki, he's too funny in his previous guestings! I hope to catch his movie too if it's still on the theaters~

5 hours ago, sierralainewalsh said:

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll add the bus stop and the book store on my list. It'll be great if I meet either of them, or a Sehee of my own will do! :D I'd love to go to Namhae but I'm pressed for time on this trip. I'll go on my second visit for sure!

It'll be great to see them on a variety show! Especially Minki, he's too funny in his previous guestings! I hope to catch his movie too if it's still on the theaters~

goodluck on your journey hope you bumped some of the actors in btimfl.

here is her ig account of the one who visited the places in btimfl

quotes for the day:

1. If you cannot be positive.... at least be quiet (or you can use other social media platform if you want to dissed someone) :D

2. with editing on the original  quote:

Trolls can hate us because of 1 of the 3 reasons:

a. They want to be us..

b. They hate themselves..

c. They see us as a threat..

11 hours ago, sierralainewalsh said:

Hope  you will have a great trip.  Sounds like it will be a blast, I am so jealous.

And speaking of Ji Ho, JSM sighting too on the same day.  Watched a play with the actress who played her sister-in-law in BTIMFL.  Sorry, do not know how to show here but it's under the girlfriend's IG and another male friend's IG who's in the show. 

Both of them out and about on a Sunday ... no delusion; just an observation.

1 hour ago, cgb1108 said:

And speaking of Ji Ho, JSM sighting too on the same day.  Watched a play with the actress who played her sister-in-law in BTIMFL.  Sorry, do not know how to show here but it's under the girlfriend's IG and another male friend's IG who's in the show. 

Both of them out and about on a Sunday ... no delusion; just an observation.

Thank you and @yokyo for sharing the sightings info. We’ve missed them. 

So - I’m going to try to be funny and I already apologize if this offends anyone - because this question is just a joke - and for the love of all things rational and good - we need a little laugh here. Ok here goes -  “are we sure it’s really them? You know - not like their body doubles that we all saw in the BTIMFL bts videos - that the recent big news wants us all to believe.”:lol:

15 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

Actually,LMK doesn’t like variety shows. I have read an article in his thread about him being so awkward in variety shows, he said that he didnt like it when people think he is an idiot because he becomes so inarticulate because of his nerves in variety shows. (I feel bad for him reading that) and he said that his personality is not fit for variety shows and he isn’t good at it.He feels bad being laughed at because he is awkward.

There are a lot of articles about him in his thread whoever is interested to know him better.

Archived