Jump to content

Ayame

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cherrine Kim said:

And 1 thing that i like that in BTIMFL, somin kiss minki back.. not a typical dead fish kiss scene like othet kdrama.. bcoz d girl kiss back d man, d feelings is there esp for d viewers.. i think somin didnt always do that compared to her other drama? D latest is FIS?

Yes, yes. Can we have a historical comparison of all of Somin's kisses on screen? :lol: Who did she kiss the most with passion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Yes, yes. Can we have a historical comparison of all of Somin's kisses on screen? :lol: Who did she kiss the most with passion?

Yes please!!!

 

Also, what should we call this couple? I saw in YouTube, TvN caption refers to them as "Sominki", which I find so cute. ❤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, velvetine said:

 So... while it's fun and exciting to discuss the cute side of Minki-Somin relationship, I want to try interpreting it in a different way.

 

Imagine yourself in Somin's position. You are a young actress on the rise. You have starred in a number of films which were popular and relatively successful both nationally and internationally. You still have a long way ahead in your career, then suddenly, you are casted in a drama, pairing you with a co-star who, in spite of his big screen experience, was not as famous as you at that time, whose career was diminishing, whose latest coverage was an unfortunate sexual harassment scandal, involving a woman like yourself. How would you act towards him as a person off-screen, throughout the filming? You'd most likely be keeping a distance from him, either in disgust to avoid getting negative vibes.

 

And what did Somin actually do? She let herself sit close to him during breaks. She had casual conversations with him. She laughed heartily at his jokes. She threw her own jokes and teases at him. And nothing of it looked forced. From what we saw in all the BTS, it looked very natural. Did Somin know of his problem? Of course she did. Of course most of the stars and crew did. They take such scandals seriously over there. But did that stop her from maintaining a cordial relationship with him? Did that bear an impact on her chemistry with him on/off screen? Not once!

 

The way she hugged Minki after they wrapped the last scene, the way she tap and stroke his back at that moment, it's just like she's telling him it'll be ok, like she's comforting him over something. We don't know for sure what it's about, but given how vocal Minki was in the show's first press conference, about how there are consequences for his actions and that he will be more careful, I'm pretty sure she supports Minki to overcome his past problems. We may never know if they ever had a personal conversation about it, but I'm sure they did, at some point. The "thank you" he said to Somin and the hug he gave her in that moment looked so genuine. It showed how grateful he was to Somin for treating him nicely for the 2 months they spent in making the film.

 

It's only natural that feelings of gratitude develop into a romantic one. In Minki's eyes, Somin is such as sweet, friendly and certainly beautiful woman, which is his ideal type. If she reciprocates it, that's great. But if she thinks of him as a good friend, I'm more than happy.

 

Though I wish he could find a girlfriend soon. I read an article where he stated how lonely he became, being casted in a number of movies alongside beautiful women who were mostly older than him, but could never find love in real-life. I hope he keeps this down-to-earth image he's sporting now. There are girls that would find it charming (not to mention some girls find that he looks good too, like Suzy lol). Just be yourself, Minki! :D

Truly a lovely insight!

 

Minki must have felt regretful (of the scandal), and thankfully Somin is nice enough to be accepting of him, instead of how some 'fans' would 'drop' their favs immediately and never bother to give them a second chance even after they apologize and express regret in their actions.... Everyone makes mistakes, so long as you learn from it and thts fine. Totally loving tht down-to-earth charm from LMK, so gotta root for this new image tht he seems to be now.

 

So Somin's effort in getting close to Minki and being all cheerful is wonderful, no wonder the final hug and the 'thank you' felt so much like a heartfelt gratitude. I also noticed the warmth tht radiates from their interactions during the final speech (one where they sit on the sofa holding flower bouquets) Such a cute pair ;u;

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, MianneChan said:

Yes please!!!

 

Also, what should we call this couple? I saw in YouTube, TvN caption refers to them as "Sominki", which I find so cute. ❤

 

Yes "Sominki" cute name... 

 

Can someone please ask @Ayame to add "Snail Couple" in the title thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, velvetine said:

Sorry to cut your post, but hahaha, indeed you're such an enabler! You can also see in the same rooftop BTS, in the part around 3:12 to 3:15, she mirrored his gestures again, thought this time it might be intentional (to tease him). :tongue:

 

So... while it's fun and exciting to discuss the cute side of Minki-Somin relationship, I want to try interpreting it in a different way.

 

Imagine yourself in Somin's position. You are a young actress on the rise. You have starred in a number of films which were popular and relatively successful both nationally and internationally. You still have a long way ahead in your career, then suddenly, you are casted in a drama, pairing you with a co-star who, in spite of his big screen experience, was not as famous as you at that time, whose career was diminishing, whose latest coverage was an unfortunate sexual harassment scandal, involving a woman like yourself. How would you act towards him as a person off-screen, throughout the filming? You'd most likely be keeping a distance from him, either in disgust to avoid getting negative vibes.

 

And what did Somin actually do? She let herself sit close to him during breaks. She had casual conversations with him. She laughed heartily at his jokes. She threw her own jokes and teases at him. And nothing of it looked forced. From what we saw in all the BTS, it looked very natural. Did Somin know of his problem? Of course she did. Of course most of the stars and crew did. They take such scandals seriously over there. But did that stop her from maintaining a cordial relationship with him? Did that bear an impact on her chemistry with him on/off screen? Not once!

 

The way she hugged Minki after they wrapped the last scene, the way she tap and stroke his back at that moment, it's just like she's telling him it'll be ok, like she's comforting him over something. We don't know for sure what it's about, but given how vocal Minki was in the show's first press conference, about how there are consequences for his actions and that he will be more careful, I'm pretty sure she supports Minki to overcome his past problems. We may never know if they ever had a personal conversation about it, but I'm sure they did, at some point. The "thank you" he said to Somin and the hug he gave her in that moment looked so genuine. It showed how grateful he was to Somin for treating him nicely for the 2 months they spent in making the film.

 

It's only natural that feelings of gratitude develop into a romantic one. In Minki's eyes, Somin is such as sweet, friendly and certainly beautiful woman, which is his ideal type. If she reciprocates it, that's great. But if she thinks of him as a good friend, I'm more than happy.

 

Though I wish he could find a girlfriend soon. I read an article where he stated how lonely he became, being casted in a number of movies alongside beautiful women who were mostly older than him, but could never find love in real-life. I hope he keeps this down-to-earth image he's sporting now. There are girls that would find it charming (not to mention some girls find that he looks good too, like Suzy lol). Just be yourself, Minki! :D

I just want to add that they met on August and filmed in September...so 3 months, I think?

 

If I recall, LMK was this awkward "Korea's younger Boyfriend" before (because he is always paired with older women). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mydisplayname "Korea's younger boyfriend" HAHAHAHA :lol: I did notice that too. He was paired with an older woman, although not that old in Haeundae and Quick, and then with Kim Hye Soo, and Kim Min Hee. And in one interview, he said that he would also love to date an older woman. He might have changed his mind now though! :wub: I WISH! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wink said:

 

Yes "Sominki" cute name... 

 

Can someone please ask @Ayame to add "Snail Couple" in the title thread.

 

Hm, I've seen Sominki a couple of times as well. So should I change it to Sominki couple or snail couple?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ayame said:

 

Hm, I've seen Sominki a couple of times as well. So should I change it to Sominki couple or snail couple?

I think Sominki fits them better, since the snail couple is their characters. Isn't it cute how they both have "Min" in their names? ❤

 

In addition, a lot of people in YouTube and elsewhere refers to them as "Sominki". Actually when I was searching for this forum, I tried the "Sominki" keyword. Maybe the future shippers will do that too. I think that would make the forum more accessible to new shippers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MianneChan said:

I think Sominki fits them better, since the snail couple is their characters. Isn't it cute how they both have "Min" in their names? ❤

 

In addition, a lot of people in YouTube and elsewhere refers to them as "Sominki". Actually when I was searching for this forum, I tried the "Sominki" keyword. Maybe the future shippers will do that too. I think that would make the forum more accessible to new shippers. 

 

Okay, I just updated the title of the thread and the tags. ^^ Hopefully more people will join soon. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Ayame said:

 

Okay, I just updated the title of the thread and the tags. ^^ Hopefully more people will join soon. :) 

Yay! I hope so too. Let's make this forum a bomb haha. 

 

Sharing this BTS that I saw on IG.

I also saw a BTS compilation video in YouTube where Somin was also looking to Lee Min Ki just like this. ❤ I think the they were rehearsing for the "Insa-dong" scene. (She's wearing rollers, thus confirming that it is a BTS picture.)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ayame said:

 

Hm, I've seen Sominki a couple of times as well. So should I change it to Sominki couple or snail couple?

Please let it remain as SoMinKi Couple because it’s actually a combination of their names! But you can add Snail Couple of course, although Sae Hee’s favourite animals are actually cats!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they become a couple of real, I also like "Jiminki" because "ji" is part of Jung Somin's real name. Just to show their relationship is for real. :lol:

 

No pressure though. Even if they're just friends, I also agree with others that I'd ship their friendship as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, velvetine said:

Sorry to cut your post, but hahaha, indeed you're such an enabler! You can also see in the same rooftop BTS, in the part around 3:12 to 3:15, she mirrored his gestures again, thought this time it might be intentional (to tease him). :tongue:

 

So... while it's fun and exciting to discuss the cute side of Minki-Somin relationship, I want to try interpreting it in a different way.

 

Imagine yourself in Somin's position. You are a young actress on the rise. You have starred in a number of films which were popular and relatively successful both nationally and internationally. You still have a long way ahead in your career, then suddenly, you are casted in a drama, pairing you with a co-star who, in spite of his big screen experience, was not as famous as you at that time, whose career was diminishing, whose latest coverage was an unfortunate sexual harassment scandal, involving a woman like yourself. How would you act towards him as a person off-screen, throughout the filming? You'd most likely be keeping a distance from him, either in disgust to avoid getting negative vibes.

 

And what did Somin actually do? She let herself sit close to him during breaks. She had casual conversations with him. She laughed heartily at his jokes. She threw her own jokes and teases at him. And nothing of it looked forced. From what we saw in all the BTS, it looked very natural. Did Somin know of his problem? Of course she did. Of course most of the stars and crew did. They take such scandals seriously over there. But did that stop her from maintaining a cordial relationship with him? Did that bear an impact on her chemistry with him on/off screen? Not once!

 

The way she hugged Minki after they wrapped the last scene, the way she tap and stroke his back at that moment, it's just like she's telling him it'll be ok, like she's comforting him over something. We don't know for sure what it's about, but given how vocal Minki was in the show's first press conference, about how there are consequences for his actions and that he will be more careful, I'm pretty sure she supports Minki to overcome his past problems. We may never know if they ever had a personal conversation about it, but I'm sure they did, at some point. The "thank you" he said to Somin and the hug he gave her in that moment looked so genuine. It showed how grateful he was to Somin for treating him nicely for the 2 months they spent in making the film.

 

It's only natural that feelings of gratitude develop into a romantic one. In Minki's eyes, Somin is such as sweet, friendly and certainly beautiful woman, which is his ideal type. If she reciprocates it, that's great. But if she thinks of him as a good friend, I'm more than happy.

 

Though I wish he could find a girlfriend soon. I read an article where he stated how lonely he became, being casted in a number of movies alongside beautiful women who were mostly older than him, but could never find love in real-life. I hope he keeps this down-to-earth image he's sporting now. There are girls that would find it charming (not to mention some girls find that he looks good too, like Suzy lol). Just be yourself, Minki! :D

What a great and tender hearted insight ... we could almost make ANOTHER drama from this!! Starring out Beloved OTP Of course! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lollyminx said:

@mydisplayname "Korea's younger boyfriend" HAHAHAHA :lol: I did notice that too. He was paired with an older woman, although not that old in Haeundae and Quick, and then with Kim Hye Soo, and Kim Min Hee. And in one interview, he said that he would also love to date an older woman. He might have changed his mind now though! :wub: I WISH! :lol:

I remember reading it in an interview with him. lol If I recall, he had a huge crush on Yoon EunHye since Xman (2005) and he continued to mention her as his ideal back in 2009. He mentioned that he wanted to pursue her, but never had the chance to get closer with her. It's kind of coincidental that he's paired with Somin who was usually compared to YEH when she started. It would be interesting if JSM and YEH would play as siblings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mydisplayname said:

I remember reading it in an interview with him. lol If I recall, he had a huge crush on Yoon EunHye since Xman (2005) and he continued to mention her as his ideal back in 2009. He mentioned that he wanted to pursue her, but never had the chance to get closer with her. It's kind of coincidental that he's paired with Somin who was usually compared to YEH when she started. It would be interesting if JSM and YEH would play as siblings. 

Wow I just also posted something on the BTIMFL page just now which is also similar to this thought. I really wanted to ship them but I really don't want to as well to prevent my heart from breaking in case they date other people respectively. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Yes, yes. Can we have a historical comparison of all of Somin's kisses on screen? :lol: Who did she kiss the most with passion?

I actually think her kissing scenes with Sung Joon on Can We Get Married were really hot (e.g. kissing him while trying to remove his top and him removing her sweater which we did not get from BTIMFL and I'm really mad at the director for not including these kind of scenes loljk). However, her (super hot) kissing scenes with LMK was the most sincere and most passionate of all kissing scenes in her entire history of kissing scenes imho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

Wow I just also posted something on the BTIMFL page just now which is also similar to this thought. I really wanted to ship them but I really don't want to as well to prevent my heart from breaking in case they date other people respectively. 

Oh, wow. lol LMK's interviews are surfacing after the drama. I think that is a good sign that the drama helped him. I totally understand how you feel. But all in all, I wish they will have a good friendship after this drama.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ayame said:

 

Hm, I've seen Sominki a couple of times as well. So should I change it to Sominki couple or snail couple?

It just crossed my mind that they can also be called as "Woori couple" since it has two meanings,woori=us since sominki love to use the word in the drama and our couple cat's is named woori as well. 

 

Aigoooo i miss woori da catttt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..