Ayame

Spoiler

DateTricks.com

12 Signs of Chemistry Between Two People

First of all, having chemistry does not mean that the “half-orange” or the “soul mate” has been found. To begin with this topic one must know chemistry is only the first step towards attractions. It means that both people have manifested their interest in the other in an understandable way. Some signs of chemistry between two people are as follows.

HAVE SHARED INTERESTS

That “opposites attract” has been demonstrated as a fallacy. If you do not have common interests, the relationship is bound to fail from day one. If, instead, they share some aspects of their existence, it is a good sign. Having shared interests helps in having conversations that keeps both the people to never get bored. It subconsciously makes the other feels that you better understand him/her and thus helps to build attraction. It is one of the initial signs of chemistry between two people.

THEY UNDERSTAND THEIR SARCASM

A friendly example of sarcasm is when, in a relaxed and even childlike atmosphere, one begins to say things that are a little serious, with an idle face. If both are in the same tune, they may stand up to an interesting exchange of sarcasm, something that not every person can do, unless they have some intellectual level and knowledge.

RESPECT IS MUTUAL

No person is perfect, however it seems. Respect is indispensable in a healthy relationship, and to be healthy should begin in the early stages, that is, when the chemistry begins. If there is respect then this is a sign of chemistry between two people, else its nothing. Well, chemistry does not just happen on a physical level, you need to connect emotionally too. You need to respect, trust and love for the chemistry to grow.

MIRRORING EACH OTHER

One way to know if there is attraction, chemistry or some kind of admiration is to observe body language. When you mimic some movements, poses or even tics, it means that you want to appear, or please, the person you copied from. The guy or girl may not do it intentionally, but it’s their brain that is forcing them to provide hints to the other of attraction through body.

NOTICE THE SMALL DETAILS

There are things that can go undetected by the naked eye for those who do not know a person beyond the surface. As he has become an important person, she begins to observe the subtleties of his personality, to the point of recognizing something he would like, his belongings, or to know if something has happened to him with just a glance.

THEY LAUGH TOGETHER

Although they are not the kind of people who laugh out loud, but when they laugh they do it together. Singing or laughing with other people makes you feel more attached to them, because they share activities that generate endorphins. In addition, they may have certain private jokes that only they understand, increasing the level of intimacy and chemistry.

Whether you have already developed some internal jokes, or have some private experience, or if there is change your tone of voice. This shows that the there is chemistry between two people, especially when you compare how you talk to that person and how you talk to others.

SILENCES ARE COMFORTABLE

When there is chemistry, silences are the opposite of annoyances, where you wonder if the person you talk with is bored and does not just go for good education. Silence is comfortable because you know the other person is happy to be with you, and so are you.

THEIR BEHAVIOR IS CONSISTENT

All people lie to a greater or lesser extent, but some people do better than others. It is difficult to lie well, all the time, and that is where people begin to notice details and contradictions. When there is chemistry between two people, there is none of that. Both want to know more about each other, and for that they do not need to pretend.

TIME FLIES BY

How time goes by when you have fun! The same goes for two people with chemistry. They can stay talking all night, enjoy the silence, do some interesting activity or whatever, but time will always fly by. They have so much interesting to share that time with each other passes too quickly. If you find a guy/girl with whom your time flies then there is definitely chemistry between you two.

BOTH OF THEM DO THEIR PART

Chemistry, as was said before, is a good sign if you want a relationship with potential to be more serious. However, it is not enough to get to fruition: it takes work, time, flexibility, respect and trust, among other things. This effort should be more or less equitable, since that indicates an interest of both parties in advancing.

HAVE CROSSED THE TOUCH BARRIER

It is the clearest sign of all. When slight touches can be made (on the shoulder, back, arm, etc.), and react positively, it means that they are on the right track. This kind of comfort can lead to good sexual chemistry, and that cannot be faked.

Cr. Article from datetricks.com.

Need I say more? Hihi. I honestly believe there is a strong mutual attraction between the two. Their smiles, interactions, body language, private instagram two-way following, PD-nim's knowing look, etc.

But looking at it now, they seem to be guarded and wanting to keep their privacy-- which is totally understandable given how koreans react to dating news. Nevertheless, I'm so glad and giddy to see these signs present in their interactions. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, whoa, whoa. At first I thought my screen was infested with gigantic ads about body languages and physiologies and stuff like that lol. It's amazing that this shipper thread isn't limited to posting and reposting cute sominki pics/videos from IG or youtube. The dwellers here always have something interesting to talk about, even as far as intellectual discussions. This ought to be called a high-class delulu. :lol:

Thanks for everyone who shared. Every little piece of detail made my shipping spirit even more burning inside! The more I follow this thread, the more I want them to be a real couple. Mianhae Somin and Minki, we love you too much sometimes! :wub:

On the subject of body languages, we all know that in the BTS, Somin mirrored what Minki does, quite often. At first, she does it intentionally, in a playful way, such as when they're filming the scene where they bump into each other, and on the scene where Minki saved Somin from a speeding cycle (by grabbing and holding her close to him), in which she copied SH's matrix move.

However, at the last BTS, Somin mirrored Minki licking his lips, but this time, it was unintentional (hence she hits him). So... it seems to me that Somin is pretty nervous whenever she makes eye-contact with Minki. Have you noticed that most of the time, Somin often looks like she's avoiding direct eye-contact with him outside of filming a scene? It doesn't mean disgust or lack of interest with the person, it's more like she's trying to not look at him when he's looking at her. Even when she laughs at Minki's jokes/actions, she doesn't look at him. Most of the time, she looks at him when he's looking at somewhere or something else, or through a selca (kwai video & Somin's InstaLive).

Perhaps it's to avoid being nervous. Or perhaps she's just being shy. Remember when Minki hugged her in Namhae BTS (PD-nim's mysterious glance at camera)? She looked shy or something. Also on the beach scene BTS when Minki stared at her, she was looking downward (wasn't part of any scene).

I believe it's not a one-way love, like most people would say, seeing how often Minki sets his eyes on her off-screen but not quite vice-versa. I believe Somin also feels something, and she's doing a great job at hiding it post-filming. Ooooh... I'm so excited... :wub:

Another Set of Article from JSM

Seems like JSM is a happy girl outside but “was” actually “scarred” inside (in terms of her career at least). Seems like she had a slump couple of years ago after her debut. Yes she had a couple of shows after that but seems like 2017 was her best year after some time as both of her shows are successful and her year ended with a drama that she can call her own and proudly carry for the rest of her career. I now understand her attachment to Jiho, while FIS is a more widely mainstream family drama, I think Jiho is more personal to her because of how the character has been crafted as well and how she personally received praises on her acting as Jiho.

Oh well, good for JSM, been a good year, be happy and enjoy your well deserve rest.

6 hours ago, velvetine said:

So... it seems to me that Somin is pretty nervous whenever she makes eye-contact with Minki. Have you noticed that most of the time, Somin often looks like she's avoiding direct eye-contact with him outside of filming a scene? It doesn't mean disgust or lack of interest with the person, it's more like she's trying to not look at him when he's looking at her. Even when she laughs at Minki's jokes/actions, she doesn't look at him. Most of the time, she looks at him when he's looking at somewhere or something else, or through a selca (kwai video & Somin's InstaLive).

Perhaps it's to avoid being nervous. Or perhaps she's just being shy. Remember when Minki hugged her in Namhae BTS (PD-nim's mysterious glance at camera)? She looked shy or something. Also on the beach scene BTS when Minki stared at her, she was looking downward (wasn't part of any scene).

I believe it's not a one-way love, like most people would say, seeing how often Minki sets his eyes on her off-screen but not quite vice-versa. I believe Somin also feels something, and she's doing a great job at hiding it post-filming. Ooooh... I'm so excited... :wub:

Sorry to cut your post, but whoa! You might be right! My delulu minds thought that it was MK who acted 'weirdly' during filmings (as we've seen on the bts). But it could be SM also. Her 'poker face' actions were amazing. Lol. I mean, MK is lovable, right, SM ssi? :D

4 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

Another Set of Article from JSM

Seems like JSM is a happy girl outside but “was” actually “scarred” inside (in terms of her career at least). Seems like she had a slump couple of years ago after her debut. Yes she had a couple of shows after that but seems like 2017 was her best year after some time as both of her shows are successful and her year ended with a drama that she can call her own and proudly carry for the rest of her career. I now understand her attachment to Jiho, while FIS is a more widely mainstream family drama, I think Jiho is more personal to her because of how the character has been crafted as well and how she personally received praises on her acting as Jiho.

Oh well, good for JSM, been a good year, be happy and enjoy your well deserve rest.

Yes. About the anxiety, I guess it's normal. The entertainment industry is (can I say) unstable. You can be very successful and many people demand you. But it could also disappear in a night when you make even a very minimum mistake. And everybody would leave you behind. I adore them who still fight for their passions even though they are uncertain.

I hope the best for everybody :) 

8 hours ago, velvetine said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. At first I thought my screen was infested with gigantic ads about body languages and physiologies and stuff like that lol. It's amazing that this shipper thread isn't limited to posting and reposting cute sominki pics/videos from IG or youtube. The dwellers here always have something interesting to talk about, even as far as intellectual discussions. This ought to be called a high-class delulu. :lol:

Thanks for everyone who shared. Every little piece of detail made my shipping spirit even more burning inside! The more I follow this thread, the more I want them to be a real couple. Mianhae Somin and Minki, we love you too much sometimes! :wub:

On the subject of body languages, we all know that in the BTS, Somin mirrored what Minki does, quite often. At first, she does it intentionally, in a playful way, such as when they're filming the scene where they bump into each other, and on the scene where Minki saved Somin from a speeding cycle (by grabbing and holding her close to him), in which she copied SH's matrix move.

However, at the last BTS, Somin mirrored Minki licking his lips, but this time, it was unintentional (hence she hits him). So... it seems to me that Somin is pretty nervous whenever she makes eye-contact with Minki. Have you noticed that most of the time, Somin often looks like she's avoiding direct eye-contact with him outside of filming a scene? It doesn't mean disgust or lack of interest with the person, it's more like she's trying to not look at him when he's looking at her. Even when she laughs at Minki's jokes/actions, she doesn't look at him. Most of the time, she looks at him when he's looking at somewhere or something else, or through a selca (kwai video & Somin's InstaLive).

I think you're right! I haven't noticed it before but whenever they catch each other's eyes something interesting happens (lip licking). He looks at her, she tries not to look at him. But when he's not looking, that's where she looks at him (e.g., when Sehee was attaching hot packs and they were teasing him for bragging). 

@eunji18 and @MianneChan, yeah I agree with you both. I also believe that, just like LMK, JSM can also get shy and nervous when doing an intimate scene. However, like @eunji18 said, JSM 'poker face' game is better than him, perhaps due to LMK's long absence from shooting such kind of scene (add to the fact he seemingly has feelings for her). JSM's nervousness is usually more subtle and can go unnoticed. I think, at the video below around 1:50, she got a bit surprised/flustered when LMK buries his face so close to hers (you can see it from her eyes movement):

Also, thank you @jughead2000 for sharing. Honestly, I skipped your post at first, thinking it's just another JSM's post-BTIMFL interview with similar contents as her previous ones. Turns out she shed some light on the difficulties she endured at the beginning of her career. An interesting interview. I've always thought her whole road as an actress was just a walk in the park, with her parents' stance against her decision to pursue acting as her only obstacle at the time. I never thought it was that hard for her. I guess it's mostly the same for every actress with beautiful faces.

Seems that BTIMFL managed to become the most pivotal point of both LMK and JSM's career. LMK found a role which suits him very well and rejuvenated his fame, while JSM simply became inseparable with Ji-Ho, who might have taken over a big part of her image and personality. Not to mention the show cemented her place as one of the most talented Korean actresses today.

Hello everyone, been a silent lurker to this thread. I don't know if it has been posted here, but I just loved a part of this BTS( if I have actually succeeded in embedding the IG post). The part after Se Hee pins Ji Ho on the bed. After the "cut" both of them got up, obviously tensed. But I find it amusing how Somin was twisting her arms, it is like she can't contain the kilig(A feeling of exhilaration or elation caused by an exciting or romantic experience.).  :blush:

I was curious how everyone starts shipping this couple?

To be honest, I was trying so hard not to ship anymore couple after SSCP.  I was like that was it.  It is not good for my health but then BTS of when they made the Kwai video, MinKi start stretching his arms and pretend to played with kids and boom, arm landed behind So min’s back.  The next thing I know noticed his arm was all the way around her and he was able closed the gap between them... and that is how I got on board of the SoMinKi ship.

@fayouamazing, "kilig" is definitely the word for it. You must be Filipina like me....it took one Tagalog word to carry all that English definition.

I have to admire JSM for even taking on this project, given the scandal LMK was involved in prior to the drama.  I was looking at other platforms and there were some unfavorable comments about him and using that as the basis for not even watching the show. I heard that the show had a large international following but then again, it had consistently high ratings for a cable drama.  I actually enjoyed this more than the epic immortal love from Goblin.  Unfair to compare the two actors, given Gong Yoo's immense popularity but I feel LMK can do what GY can do but as far as going to the dark underbelly of a character, only LMK can go there. BTIMFL merely scratched the surface of what this brilliant actor can do.

Back to JSM, she strikes me as a strong, intelligent woman.  The removal of the IG post of the two of them watching the final episode didn''t feel like an agency's move to protect her from LMK scandal because she completed the project in spite of that.  Maybe, it didn't fit in with her IG color scheme ( which I find funny as a reason). She did not post any picture of them together after the show ended ... not one picture!  While "her man" & his chingus had several pics of them together, in all of the post-show activities.  Very curious...

13 minutes ago, yokyo said:

To be honest, I was trying so hard not to ship anymore couple after SSCP.  I was like that was it.  It is not good for my health but then BTS of when they made the Kwai video, MinKi start stretching his arms and pretend to played with kids and boom, arm landed behind So min’s back.  The next thing I know noticed his arm was all the way around her and he was able closed the gap between them... and that is how I got on board of the SoMinKi ship.

It started with the BTS of the Kwai vid. I saw that arm land naturally across the proximity of her back. Also, something about the way he looks at her. 

And then... Namhae happened. That really intent stare of his when they were talking AND when he took her solo pics on the cellphone—squatting to get really good angles. 

And then them both spontaneously laughing when Min Ki stood up. Twice. And how their hands met in the middle to grab the other each time they’d burst out laughing. 

By the time we got to the bed scene pt 1, and the way he was laughing and like “I can’t look at you. I’m sorry.” He kept cracking jokes. It seemed like he was a roomie and So Min was the pro. I said to myself, “something’s up.”

The bicycle avoidance bts, banmal “You want to use a wire?” And Hug PLUS the PD looking at the camera was the one that pushed me over the edge. It’s like PD was saying, “Yep. This is actually happening.”

2 hours ago, Ros Rivera said:

Notice how Park Byung Eun could easily be cropped out from these photos cos SoMinKi stood so closely beside each other. ㅋㅋㅋ.. 

17 hours ago, renvic said:

just post an exerpt from my earlier post about male body language on attraction my fave part :D

"If sitting, he will spread his legs to display his “potential" "

hmmm like this?

and another one? 

hmmm to oppa-sunbaenim-oppa soldier ahjushi minki don't worry we know your "potential," ... most of us watched your "emperor" movie..:lol:

Notice how Sunbae-oppa's knees or feet mostly points toward Somin. hehehe

Just a thought based on experience:

I've been in theater for years, and one of the most effective acting advice is to react rather than act. One's feelings must translate loud and clear off-stage to show genuine feelings/reaction when on-stage. If Sunbae-oppa's reactions off-cam are quite telling, that means he is pretty much intuned with his emotions. That's probably why he can portray characters effectively when he is acting.

4 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

It started with the BTS of the Kwai vid. I saw that arm land naturally across the proximity of her back. Also, something about the way he looks at her. 

And then... Namhae happened. That really intent stare of his when they were talking AND when he took her solo pics on the cellphone—squatting to get really good angles. 

And then them both spontaneously laughing when Min Ki stood up. Twice. And how their hands met in the middle to grab the other each time they’d burst out laughing. 

By the time we got to the bed scene pt 1, and the way he was laughing and like “I can’t look at you. I’m sorry.” He kept cracking jokes. It seemed like he was a roomie and So Min was the pro. I said to myself, “something’s up.”

The bicycle avoidance bts, banmal “You want to use a wire?” And Hug PLUS the PD looking at the camera was the one that pushed me over the edge. It’s like PD was saying, “Yep. This is actually happening.”

@ahhhjummahhhjo yes, every BTS that follow that has “What is happening here”.. “what’s going on with these two” moments for me. It was just Getting good.

42 minutes ago, yokyo said:

Hearts all over the Kwai video and the bts of the Kwai video. And bought the ticket aboard this ship with their “thankful/goodbye” hug :heart:

16 hours ago, renvic said:

lets compare the two bts between the two couple in btimfl

byun eun and esom bts (specially the part where byun eun comb esom's hair  )

lee minki and jun so min bts 

so what's the difference between the two set of couples in their bts???  its the SPACE BETWEEN one another... from a couple with space and the onther one is no space..  :D

@yokyo For me, it started in this BTS. Their playfulness with Somin's curler (who tried and tried Sunbae's suggestion) as well as Sunbae and Somin fixing their hair in that very small mirror. It shows how the 2 of them share a lot of interactions even off-cam. I noticed how the crew started to leave the set while the 2 are very busy doing their business. hahaha 

36 minutes ago, cgb1108 said:

@fayouamazing, "kilig" is definitely the word for it. You must be Filipina like me....it took one Tagalog word to carry all that English definition.

I have to admire JSM for even taking on this project, given the scandal LMK was involved in prior to the drama.  I was looking at other platforms and there were some unfavorable comments about him and using that as the basis for not even watching the show. I heard that the show had a large international following but then again, it had consistently high ratings for a cable drama.  I actually enjoyed this more than the epic immortal love from Goblin.  Unfair to compare the two actors, given Gong Yoo's immense popularity but I feel LMK can do what GY can do but as far as going to the dark underbelly of a character, only LMK can go there. BTIMFL merely scratched the surface of what this brilliant actor can do.

Back to JSM, she strikes me as a strong, intelligent woman.  The removal of the IG post of the two of them watching the final episode didn''t feel like an agency's move to protect her from LMK scandal because she completed the project in spite of that.  Maybe, it didn't fit in with her IG color scheme ( which I find funny as a reason). She did not post any picture of them together after the show ended ... not one picture!  While "her man" & his chingus had several pics of them together, in all of the post-show activities.  Very curious...

Before the scandal, I think LMK is a lowkey celebrity but seems like he also has a good reputation as an (good) actor. He has a short filmography but he has worked with other big actresses, he was even slated to do a comeback drama with Shi Min Ah (which I believe is one of Korea’s top actresses). But of course, its a different story because he was involved in a scandal. What I mean is that LMK, even not as superstar as others, seems to be somewhat a recognized actor in Korea, BEFORE the scandal of course.

Somin said she wanted to rest but fell in love with the script, maybe that made her decide to take this drama regardless of LMK’s scandal. Maybe she is confident enough that she can be professional and deliver the script no matter who is she gonna work with.

I believe LMK didn’t dissapoint her. He did his part very well. I also can imagine LMK playing Grim reaper (tho I love LDW as GR lol) and even Goblin. He is such a distinct actor, someone who can give a flavor and identity to a certain character. 

Back to Somin’s IG, she has a couple of posts which are dark though and do not really blend with her color scheme - but whatever, that’s her IG anyway :D 

Was reading dramabeans, it was LMK who was first announced for BIMFL casting, then the next day is JSM.

Archived