Ayame

15 minutes ago, velvetine said:

Someone in the main BTIMFL thread analysed how SH's pupils dilated when JH said that she loves him on the 'dream' scene. Some said it was just LMK merging into the character he's playing as, but I do believe he actually has feelings for JSM. Just look at how nervous she is everytime they're staring or close to each other in a scene.

Can't blame him though. Hard not to fall in love with that girl! I hope they can be good friends though.

Gotta admit that the IG post below made it harder for me to restrain myself from shipping. I know it's just a photoshoot for a part of the movie, but still...

Reveal hidden contents

Hahahha I saw the same thing and posted it on the main thread! :)

thanks for sharing. I honestly didn’t even see the pupils dilating until I read it in the thread. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and one more thing. As @MianneChan mentioned that sometimes crew and cameramen edit or shoot “stolen” shots to promote the main leads’ chemistry. But what I find in BTS is that they are together constantly either talking or goofing off. Nothing uncommon, sure. But their seeming closeness and spontaneous jokes and touches between them, doesn’t look like they’re staged or edited. 

Granted, they needed to bond to pull off such a drama. And I am thankful

for their dedication to it. 

Sigh. I miss the drama and their characters. 

45 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Oh and one more thing. As @MianneChan mentioned that sometimes crew and cameramen edit or shoot “stolen” shots to promote the main leads’ chemistry. But what I find in BTS is that they are together constantly either talking or goofing off. Nothing uncommon, sure. But their seeming closeness and spontaneous jokes and touches between them, doesn’t look like they’re staged or edited. 

Granted, they needed to bond to pull off such a drama. And I am thankful

for their dedication to it. 

Sigh. I miss the drama and their characters. 

Yeah, I agree. Although people pointed out that's how JSM has always been with all her previous fellow male actors (she's a professional that way), it's nice to see they're still having fun when filming. 

I find it irritating though, that LMK's IG account is mostly maintained by his management. Fans absolutely loved that the account often goes on a liking spree to BTIMFL-related posts, but we can never know if it's actually him doing the likes. There may be a few posts personally uploaded by him, though it's hard to tell. As far as I've seen, he never comments on his fellow actors/actresses' post that he follows on IG (he only followed Kim Min-Seok and Esom since they previously worked together, and Min-Seok follows him too and even drop a comment in his IG post from time to time). Even he doesn't follow JSM (and vice versa).

It may not be much, but I enjoy seeing actors commenting at each other's post. It's the least we could do to be aware of their real-life friendship besides some news articles. I wish LMK could operate his own account, not an account under the management's name. I don't know, either he's not into social media (I doubt it since he had a now-inactive twitter account) or his management prohibits him (perhaps to stay low-profile due to his alleged scandal).

Hi all, skipping over from the drama thread to say hello!

I do think LMK has something for JSM, but for JSM I'm not so sure cos she just really sweet to everybody. 

The BTS hug was quite telling and reminds me of a Chinese celebrity couple Mark Chao and Gao Yuan Yuan (those who watch C-dramas will be familiar with them, they married eventually). They fell in love while making a movie together and when filming wrapped up Mark Chao gave GYY a similar hug too, but LMK's hug was even longer! And how he placed his face on her head and carass her hair was really affectionate. If you watch the other hugs going on while LMK & JSM were hugging, it's even more obvious. In the time they were hugging, this other crew member had finished hugging 2 other people, and most people just gave a hearty kind of hug, touch-and-go. 

LMK also always has this contented smile on his face when he's watching JSM, much like when Mark Chao was watching GYY on set. And even while filming their C-movie, the director and crew already could tell MC and GYY were falling for each other and shipping them. :)

But you know, very often actors fall in love with their professional partner because they are too immersed in their character, so it's hard to tell if this is the case for LMK as well. But I do agree with what one of you said. LMK must be very thankful to JSM for being so kind and accepting of him as a co-star even after his so-called scandal. He really loosen up a lot since the beginning of the show. At the preview press conference, he was so nervous and uneasy.

Also, I like that LMK doesn't see himself as a 'star'. At the post-wrap party, I think he didn't even bother putting on make-up or doing his hair and just turned up as himself, LMK the actor, not 'the star', which is refreshing, and shows his confidence in being himself. I sometimes feel annoyed when even some of my favourite actors have to put on make-up every where they go. 

I don't know what will happen to this 2, but if something good comes out of it, I will be really happy for you shippers!

44 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

I do think LMK has something for JSM, but for JSM I'm not so sure cos she just really sweet to everybody. 

(Sorry @rembrandtz_5e20 that I had to cut your post)

My thoughts exactly. And I'm completely fine with it, as long as they remain good friends. It'd be a waste if all the admirable chemistry they built up while filming BTIMFL be gone just like that once the filming ended.

44 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

LMK must be very thankful to JSM for being so kind and accepting of him as a co-star even after his so-called scandal. He really loosen up a lot since the beginning of the show. At the preview press conference, he was so nervous and uneasy.

Also, I like that LMK doesn't see himself as a 'star'. At the post-wrap party, I think he didn't even bother putting on make-up or doing his hair and just turned up as himself, LMK the actor, not 'the star', which is refreshing, and shows his confidence in being himself. I sometimes feel annoyed when even some of my favourite actors have to put on make-up every where they go. 

Yes, he's very fortunate to be casted as a lead in a quality drama alongside an actress like JSM. We can all agree that for an actor who's in his situation, i.e. making a comeback to filming after being involved in a scandal, someone like JSM who always puts an effort to maintain a professional, cordial relationship with her co-stars is the best thing he could get. Look at the BTS when SH pulls JH to his body to avoid a bike. JSM being playful and kept teasing LMK with her matrix style can be considered as such effort. :)

Seems like since the start of BTIMFL filming he (and his management) is trying to establish a new image for himself. If you take a look at his old videos, he talks and acts much, much more mature, calm and composed now. I hope he stays that way throughout his career ahead, soon people will forget about his past and start respecting him for the actor he is now. I'm glad to be his new fan! His appearance is very unique and does not sport a generic pretty boy image, but still looks handsome. So refreshing.

Oops, I forgot this is supposed to be a LMK-JSM shipping thread. I'm continuously treating like it's an LMK shrine lol. Hope you don't mind! :lol:

Hi everyone! New member here! :D

I was one of the portions who refused to go too deep into shipping them off-screen bc the idea of shipping a pair too much only to rmb tht in reality where not all of our otps will become canon is.... quite sad LMAO

But then like some of you all, I couldnt resist after slowly going through the BTS clips (mainly the one at the beach and later all the clips tht come after). Though, like a lot of you I'll still keep it cool and lowkey, and appreciating their (seemingly) blossoming cute friendship for now, while hoping for them to work tgt again.

Also have to agree about tht final hug! I was just nonchalantly watching but there really was something abt their hug tht gives off such a soft and warm feeling to it? (Mainly on LMK's side) Guess it's no denying tht he's rly thankful for JSM. May I know what scandal was LMK involved again? Bc I used to watch him in SUFBB and saw some caps of his appearance in Happy Together where he seemed.... lively? But he appears rather quiet/careful now so I wonder if the scandal was true....

Thank you @velvetine and @rembrandtz_5e20 for the perspective. I agree that JSM is playful and professional (I looked at Father Is Strange BTS the other day for comparison) and I agree that I hope they maintain their connection. It looks like the drama made a strong impression on JSM too. So beautiful memories were made from it. 

Part of me is daydreaming, if ever there were feelings on LMK’s side, that he’d pursue JSM like Ji Sung pursued Lee Bo Young. From what I understand, Ji Sung fell first and Lee Bo Young had to be convinced. Hehehe forgive me. Like I said, I was daydreaming. :wink:  

i actually love that they laugh a lot and talk a lot behind the scenes. Se Hee as a character barely cracked a smile so it was nice to see them getting a bit out of character in between takes. 

Thanks for your thoughts and yes, I have replayed the hug so many times. LOL

Hello everyone!! Thank you very much @Ayame for starting this thread! 

Sigh ... I kept on telling myself not to ship them ... BUT resistance is futile! Hahahaha!

Anyways, perhaps we can just really HOPE AND PRAY this will be the beginning of a FANTASTIC friendship first and then maybe it could blossom into something else.

Also, (I learnt this from an IG account) - both of them are from the same province - Gyeongsang- and their hometowns are actually in South Gyeongsang, so their own accent / dialects would be very similar to Ji-Ho’s!!! 

What I see btw them at the moment is a blossoming beautiful friendship with genuine adoration towards each other, which is a great basis for any romantic relationship. Most of the time costars develop some closeness after working together but you truly never know how genuine that might be, even those who make people go crazy with shipping most of the time turn out to be flash in the pan... SoMinKi give me a very different vibe from these  costars, I really feel their genuine affection so that’s probably why I’m so fascinated by them. Whatever will be in the future is only up to them, all we can do is silently cheer for the best.

Btw somebody mentioned in the main thread about Lee Ki Woo and Lee Chung Ah being costars in Flower Boy Ramen Shop (From the  same BTIMFL writer) and how they ended up together in rl. I read something bout their story here https://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-ki-woo-describes-how-he-started-dating-lee-chung-ah/ and who knows maybe we can also be this lucky?! :lol:

Btw, why are they SMELLING each other’s bouquet of flowers?? Hahahahaha!! Are they remembering the TANGERINES?? It’s as though LMK is still in SH mode and he is still remembering JH’s SCENT!! 

Hmmm ... hope they get even closer when they go to Jeju for their reward holiday! Although, I don’t think we’re going to get any pics - would be private I think, and the crew and cast could be asked to maintain everyone’s privacy.

54 minutes ago, seonamcouple said:

Btw, why are they SMELLING each other’s bouquet of flowers?? Hahahahaha!! Are they remembering the TANGERINES?? It’s as though LMK is still in SH mode and he is still remembering JH’s SCENT!! 

Hmmm ... hope they get even closer when they go to Jeju for their reward holiday! Although, I don’t think we’re going to get any pics - would be private I think, and the crew and cast could be asked to maintain everyone’s privacy.

They were smelling each other's bouquet and it looks like they were looking at each other's plaques or awards at the Wrap Up party. It's so delightful to watch, this friendship of theirs. That they constantly talk to each other and show each other things. 

@meiil I read that too :) .. very interesting— same writer, right? 

Thank you all for commenting on this thread - love reading all of them, including all the videos, gifs, photos, etc! I am also loving our collected, restrained, intellectual, considerate-so-as-not-to disturb-these-2-in-their-private-lives-but-hearts-bursting-everytime-we-see-them-onscreen— type of shipping!! You all are amazing!

I actually started secretly rooting for these two when they kissed the second time. More than how lovely (and hot!) and how skilled they were (they are both good kissers), what got me more was how their faces (and lips) fit perfectly like they were each other's missing piece. I have seen a lot of kdrama kisses and this is actually the first time I saw something like this. Maybe because they were in the bed? Ugh seriously after that I found it hard not ship these two.

Haha! 

I love how we all restrained ourselves from shipping these two to no avail. XD

5 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

The bed kiss was way more intimate to me than the beach kiss. I felt like I was intruding in on a very personal and tender moment. Goodness. :wub: Considering the nerves LMK had when shooting that scene... well... :)

And imagine Lee Min Ki has done a really very sexy and mature scene with boob touching and kissing. For him to be this bashful, it means the scene is just too tender and sweet that even him finds it hard to portray without cracking up.

Archived