Quantcast

Really happy for Somin to get the attention she deserved after starring in two great dramas in one year. While FIS was far more succesful (due to the fact that it's on KBS), I love how she gets more personal about BTIMFL... While it's mainly attributed to the character of Ji-ho whom she could really relate to her real-life persona, I believe she has many fond memories of filming BTIMFL which she owes to to the warm atmosphere, helpful and friendly co-actors and crew, and of course her *cough* sunbae *cough*

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, VanillaSalt said:

I'm not ready to let go of BTIMFL so I think I'll hang around this thread for a bit lol.

VanillaSalt, VanillaIce, VanillaMelt -  i think, I have met/ encountered this name everywhere... i hope you are not one and the same person? Just kidding.  

Welcome @VanillaSalt . Enjoy your visit here. This is a happy thread. The shippers may go crazy in their delulu  but they remain respecful, considerate and cool.  In this thread you will meet emotionally mature and intelligent shippers who find bliss in shipping SoMinKi. Count yourself in.  

2 hours ago, rinrinkoe said:

Hi all... this is my first time in this thread. I don't want to put my hope so high for them but can't help me to stay away from this thread. Thanks to all of you for making this thread so comfortable for silent reader like me. Sorry for my bad english...

I found this: 

http://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20171212_0000173535&cID=10601&pID=10600

JMS wearing sweater like Nam Sae-hee yellow sweater... love it!!

associate_pic

Welcome too @rinrinkoe.  I noticed you after backreading few pages. 

Like you, i love this thread.  Actually, this is the only thread i visit these days because the atmosphere is different.  I think i have become repetitive. I keep saying good things about this thread ha ha. 

27 minutes ago, velvetine said:

Really happy for Somin to get the attention she deserved after starring in two great dramas in one year. While FIS was far more succesful (due to the fact that it's on KBS), I love how she gets more personal about BTIMFL... While it's mainly attributed to the character of Ji-ho whom she could really relate to her real-life persona, I believe she has many fond memories of filming BTIMFL which she owes to to the warm atmosphere, helpful and friendly co-actors and crew, and of course her *cough* sunbae *cough*

I think because BIMFL, she is one of the main people who carried the show. Also, despite of the average ratings, I think this show has more pull in Hallyu and International fans, and personally I think she garnered more strong favorable reviews on this show.

While FIS is more successful domestically, it is an ensemble - so she cant really take the credits solely.

@rinrinkoe thank you, I can only understand by google translate. I think it has been mentioned that this is LMK's comeback after a long time and Somin does not know what he is like before they met. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, velvetine said:

I agree.  A long time fan of JSM told me that her  desire is to become a good actress. She does not care so much about fame/ popularity.  That is why, she always takes to heart every role that she plays.  

But with BTIMFL, she did not only reprise with the role well as a professional, she even came to love it and the whole drama so much that she found it hard to let go.. now she is even hoping for a second season. 

Now my crazy mind has this thought:  season 2 would mean working again with Sunbae ( unless BTIMFL will cast other actors? Hopefully not), which goes to say, wow, she likes working with her Sunbae; she likes his kisses, and hugs and the care he gives her even offcam. 

@jughead2000 Totally understandable. Drama watchers have wondered what happened to him after Dalja's Spring in 2007. He was so busy on focusing being a movie actor. Many were happy for his cameo in SUFBB, but BIMFL was his first lead drama role for 10 years. Wow.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, mydisplayname said:

@jughead2000 Totally understandable. Drama watchers have wondered what happened to him after Dalja's Spring in 2007. He was so busy on focusing being a movie actor. Many were happy for his cameo in SUFBB, but BIMFL was his first lead drama role for 10 years. Wow.

I am a Kdrama newbie :D So totally understandable that I do not know him, lol and even Somin. haha. I only knew Lee Min Ho, Song Hye Kyo, Shin Hye, etc. Those actors that starred in the shows that my home country acquired. I just started following K-ent since last year I think. I was surprised that dramabeans bloggers actually are very positive on LMK, and upon checking his portfolio, he actually had a good record in movies - worked with Son Ye Jin, Kim Hye Soo, Kim Go Eun, Yeo Jin Go. About time he comes back to drama now, hopefully. I'm sure Somin knows him by name, the translation is not clear but she mentioned that she does not know what he is like. Well, not to mention his past scandal, which took him out from TWY casting with Shi Min Ah. 

@mydisplaynameI kind of see LMK Sunbae with the sort of Gong Yoo :D Oppa Ahjussi. Haha How calm he is off cam lol. 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

I think because BIMFL, she is one of the main people who carried the show. Also, despite of the average ratings, I think this show has more pull in Hallyu and International fans, and personally I think she garnered more strong favorable reviews on this show.

While FIS is more successful domestically, it is an ensemble - so she cant really take the credits solely.

@rinrinkoe thank you, I can only understand by google translate. I think it has been mentioned that this is LMK's comeback after a long time and Somin does not know what he is like before they met. 

I agree. I would like to say that BTIMFL  was JSM's "masterpiece".  In MFIS, she shared the credit with many other actors.  For me, she shined there only on the last part. Although, it was really part of the script, but honestly, she was upstaged mostly by other actors especially during the early stage of the drama.  In fact, her pairing with LJ there didnt warm me up except maybe in the final stage.  

Its different with BTIMFL. She nailed her role. She owned the stage here, as they say... 

I WOULD LOVE IT if somebody could explain more about TV ratings. I tried doing research but i end up getting inconsistent results.  When could we say that a drama got high ratings? What is the basis? 

Because my understanding is that, BTIMFL got a very good rating. 4-5 is already high for cable TV.  My source says, 7-10 is super successful while 2 is a flop. Is this correct? Hope somebody could enlighten us on this matter...   

9 hours ago, T-e-z-u-k-A said:

Hey everyone! Just wondering what's your (realistic) take on JSM wishing for a Best Couple Award with Lee Joon? What could be her reasoning behind it? A couple that's closer to her heart? 

@T-e-z-u-k-A  Sorry to cut your post.  I think she's referring to annual KBS Entertainment Awards wherein she won the Best Couple award  with Lee Kwang Soo last year for their web drama The Sound of Your Heart. Since FIS is also under KBS, it's expected for her to wish on winning it again and this time with Lee Joon.  I thinkTVN has no year-end award so  I guess for LMK, she wants to win the lifetime couple award because this is my first time hearing her wish for a fateful love having been a fan of her since PK. lol

4 hours ago, MianneChan said:

I think it was a good idea that she moved to Jellyfish ent. I didn't follow her before BTIMFL so I don't have much idea about her career back then. However, I remember asking myself where she has been after Playful Kiss.  Lol. But i think Jellyfish ent is doing a good job on handling her career now. Wahh! Gotta catch that vlive ❤

She's been busy acting with the F5 Avenger Models (model turned actor) namely Sung Joon, Kim Young Kwang, Kim Woo Bin and Hong Jung Hyun. (Lee Soo Hyuk is now in MS)  Because of that, she's been tagged as a model killer. lol  Ooppps, now I remember, Lee Kwang Soo and Lee Min Ki are also models turned actor. I guess petite JSM is fated to meet and work with towering actors. And who knows, meet her fateful love among them. lol

Yes, I think so.   And IMO, a matter of right timing too.  Project BTIMFL came when she's just inked a contract with Jellyfish.  I believe, it's her most successful project to date considering it's not only well received internationally but by korean audience too.  A feat wherein PK failed.    

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, anna122017 said:

I agree. I would like to say that BTIMFL  was JSM's "masterpiece".  In MFIS, she shared the credit with many other actors.  For me, she shined there only on the last part. Although, it was really part of the script, but honestly, she was upstaged mostly by other actors especially during the early stage of the drama.  In fact, her pairing with LJ there didnt warm me up except maybe in the final stage.  

Its different with BTIMFL. She nailed her role. She owned the stage here, as they say... 

I WOULD LOVE IT if somebody could explain more about TV ratings. I tried doing research but i end up getting inconsistent results.  When could we say that a drama got high ratings? What is the basis? 

Because my understanding is that, BTIMFL got a very good rating. 4-5 is already high for cable TV.  My source says, 7-10 is super successful while 2 is a flop. Is this correct? Hope somebody could enlighten us on this matter...   

Their ratings went from 2% and it increased every week. Their highest was 5% on the last ep (I'm lazy to get the exact ratings lol). Their ratings are quite high, considering this is from a cable drama. We cannot compare this to the success of Goblin of course, which gained 20% even if it was shown in TvN, but it's fairly succeful as well. After the drama ended, I saw a lot of Koreans post pictures in IG with them binge-watching BTIMFL. My other fave kdrama wasn't acknowledged locally that's why it warms my heart seeing how BTIMFL gained attention in SoKor.

I follow a K actor and his drama in TvN gained an average of 3%. Even though i-fans say the drama was a flop, the ratings were actually pretty high (not very, but it is not a flop. I've seen dramas in TvN with a rating of 0.2%. The episodes were cut as a result of the very low ratings). I remember in Misaeng, they made a promise to their viewers that is their drama would exceed 3%, the cast will do something. I remember Kang So Ra gave chicken and beer to an office while the other one gave free hugs. Meaning getting 3% is actually high.

Also, "intermission" trended on naver after ep 15. I think "JSM LMK" also trended after the finale of BTIMFL ❤ With these, we can hope for a season 2 right? Chaebal, TvN-nims :lol:

@anna122017 I have that thought as well. Somin wishing for a season 2. Hmm, if there will be a season 2, SoMinKi will play the role of a real married couple, meaning the amount of kisses and hugs (there may be a tangerine scene as well) will double or triple hoho. :D

@b4l01 I also noticed how she was always paired with tall guys with manly features. "Sunbae" is one of them as well hoho.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, anna122017 said:

BTIMFL was kind of slow burn for me, on the first episode, I thought that "the main girl is pretty, but her voice is too faint" lol. But then as the story goes. I have come to know JiHo already. I have not seen how Somin is offcam or her past works so for me she is Jiho during the drama - like she embraced it to the point where I can cleary detail how Jiho is like, her traits, and personality. She is did very well as Jihoo.

I think Somin is doing Day 2 interviews?

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0003094967

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

I am a Kdrama newbie :D So totally understandable that I do not know him, lol and even Somin. haha. I only knew Lee Min Ho, Song Hye Kyo, Shin Hye, etc. Those actors that starred in the shows that my home country acquired. I just started following K-ent since last year I think. I was surprised that dramabeans bloggers actually are very positive on LMK, and upon checking his portfolio, he actually had a good record in movies - worked with Son Ye Jin, Kim Hye Soo, Kim Go Eun, Yeo Jin Go. About time he comes back to drama now, hopefully. I'm sure Somin knows him by name, the translation is not clear but she mentioned that she does not know what he is like. Well, not to mention his past scandal, which took him out from TWY casting with Shi Min Ah. 

@mydisplaynameI kind of see LMK Sunbae with the sort of Gong Yoo :D Oppa Ahjussi. Haha How calm he is off cam lol. 

I'm happy to meet newbies! Although I feel old because of that. lol It was just like yesterday that this 22-year-old Sunbae is very much popular with older ladies. hahaha

I'm also happy to see Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook become Ajusshi crushes from Oppa crushes in the 2000s. lol

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, MianneChan said:

Their ratings went from 2% and it increased every week. Their highest was 5% on the last ep (I'm lazy to get the exact ratings lol). Their ratings are quite high, considering this is from a cable drama. We cannot compare this to the success of Goblin of course, which gained 20% even if it was shown in TvN, but it's fairly succeful as well. After the drama ended, I saw a lot of Koreans post pictures in IG with them binge-watching BTIMFL. My other fave kdrama wasn't acknowledged locally that's why it warms my heart seeing how BTIMFL gained attention in SoKor.

I follow a K actor and his drama in TvN gained an average of 3%. Even though i-fans say the drama was a flop, the ratings were actually pretty high (not very, but it is not a flop. I've seen dramas in TvN with a rating of 0.2%. The episodes were cut as a result of the very low ratings). I remember in Misaeng, they made a promise to their viewers that is their drama would exceed 3%, the cast will do something. I remember Kang So Ra gave chicken and beer to an office while the other one gave free hugs. Meaning getting 3% is actually high.

Also, "intermission" trended on naver after ep 15. I think "JSM LMK" also trended after the finale of BTIMFL ❤ With these, we can hope for a season 2 right? Chaebal, TvN-nims :lol:

@anna122017 I have that thought as well. Somin wishing for a season 2. Hmm, if there will be a season 2, SoMinKi will play the role of a real married couple, meaning the amount of kisses and hugs (there may be a tangerine scene as well) will double or triple hoho. :D

@b4l01 I also noticed how she was always paired with tall guys with manly features. "Sunbae" is one of them as well hoho.

Super thank you @MianneChan for your explanation on  TV ratings.

I think the success of a drama does not entirely depend on TV  ratings (which is limited to local viewers)  because there are online viewing now a days not only by the locals but international fans as well. 

As regards season 2, there would definitely be more hugs and kisses because this time they will be  in a family setting.    Granting JSM does not like Sunbae and his hugs/kisses,  would she still ask for season 2?  Me and my crazy thoughts... 

2 hours ago, rinrinkoe said:

I think this is a new Article from her Interview.....

She talk about Lee Min-ki. And from my google translate I think she don't know about Lee Min Ki before and feel happy working together with him

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=129686

So, I visited the page and let google translate the article. The result, unsurprisingly does not make much sense, until suddenly I read this passage:

Spoiler

"I did not feel tired because I really liked the physical strength of Lee Min-ji," I said.

Then I laughed so loud in the middle of a quiet office.

Anyway, sunbae needs some love. And by love, I mean interviews. Oh wait, I think he also need love, literally.

• Like 3
  • LOL 14
  • Thanks 1

I see our thread on hot topics again HAHA. SoMinkis are on a roll! :D

So Minki is officially "sunbae!" I love it. It reminds me of Nodame (Japanese anime/drama)'s Chiaki Senpai or in Ojakyo Brothers where JaEun calls Taehee "ahjussi" and it becomes her pet name for him even after they got together. It's so cute haha.

I agree it's not just the ratings that matter now because there's online streaming and stuff. Even after the drama had aired, I have seen many Korean fans doing a marathon of the drama. (I saw a post about the featured books having a special corner in a book store!!)

I think it's also doing well in China, because I saw Chinese fans commenting on SominKi's SNS accounts about the drama. It's popular for the international fans, too! Season 2 might be possible.

In that case, writer and PD please give our SoMinki lots of tangerines- err, sweet scenes. 

PS: Before I forget, vote for BTLIMF and Somin/Sunbae :lol: on dramabeans:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/2017-year-in-review-beanie-awards-vote-for-your-favorite-dramas-of-the-year/

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, velvetine said:

So, I visited the page and let google translate the article. The result, unsurprisingly does not make much sense, until suddenly I read this passage:

Hide contents

"I did not feel tired because I really liked the physical strength of Lee Min-ji," I said.

Then I laughed so loud in the middle of a quiet office.

Anyway, sunbae needs some love. And by love, I mean interviews. Oh wait, I think he also need love, literally.

I opened this one at the wrong time. I burst out laughing while in a meeting. (I might be too in love with this thread HAHAHAHA good catch!!)

To other SoMinkis: Open it when you're alone LOL

• LOL 12