Quantcast

@ahhhjummahhhjo and @renvic and @alivingparadox24 thanks for sharing her interview here. Aww they did take care of each other - we all saw this.

One of the many reasons why I’m here, however, is LMK’s “And more than that.” Looking forward to the day when we find out for real what that “more” means — although I think we already know.:heart: 

Beautiful JSM photos — she’s almost in her 30s and she’s in love (what the photo captions should say because she is definitely giving that vibe in these photos).

• Like 11

Reposting my translation of JSM's interviews based on Chinese fans' translations of the original Korean articles, for the benefit of those who don't visit the drama thread anymore.

Credits to Baidu JSM bar.

*there may be inaccuracies due to double translations from Korean-Chinese-English

Spoiler

Sports Donga interview

On Lee Min Ki & the first kiss

Jung So Min sat down for an interview with Sports Donga on the 11th of December at a cafe in Samcheongdong. "I received a lot of support from him as he is a sunbae. In the beginning, See Hee was a character that was not very 'human', but in reality, (LMK) is a sunbae that makes one feel reassured. Thank you for accepting my acting."

On the kiss scene at the beginning of the drama, JSM also expressed gratitude. "I had asked the PD why there was a kiss scene when we weren't familiar with each other. Even then, sunbae led me well, so that I did not feel so awkward, so I am thankful to him."

On the character Yoon Ji-ho

JSM expressed fondness for the character Yoon Ji-Ho.

"Some actors will go travelling after their drama ends, but I have never done that. Whenever I start a new project, I will look for the special characteristics of that character, and when filming ends, I would want to bring with me the good aspects of the character. In terms of Yoon Ji-Ho, there are many aspects that one can learn from her, our characters are also similar in many ways."

JSM says, "To-date, Yoon Ji-ho is the character that is most similar to me, among all the characters that I have played. I also grew up in a Gyeongsangdo family. Although my father wanted me to have an ordinary life, I wanted to choose my own path. This is one aspect that we are similar. However, only Ji-Ho will say out loud what she want to say, I admire her in this aspect."

On acting in romance dramas

"(I) received more positive comments than I could ever imagine. "Because This is My First Life" came right after "My Father is Strange". I was worried that the two dramas would be similar in style. Thankfully, the kind of attention they received were different."

"I did not want to feel that my pairing with Lee Joon oppa and Lee Min Ki sunbae is the same. I am the kind that always observe the good aspects of a person, and learn from him. In this way, I become a better person. So I do not want to be affected by other projects and other (styles?) of acting when I am working on a collaboration."

She said, "Working with Lee Joon is like (a Beagle?), we joke with each other during filming. While when I work with Lee Min Ki sunbae, I can feel his experience...yes, this is what a sunbae is like."

Starnews Interview

Spoiler

On being described as the "Goddess of Romcom"

Jung So Min expressed gratitude in being described as the "Goddess of Romcom". "Although I don't know who gave this comment for me, I am thankful. Regardless of whether it is an adjective or a title, it is something that makes one happy."

She says, "Even without these descriptives, I am happy to be an actress. Because this is a career that I love, I will work harder in the future."

On turning 30

Jung So Min expressed anticipation about turning 30. 

"I love acting and enjoy it immensely. Of course, (when I approach) a character, I will feel frustrated and stressed, but I want to turn this positive pressure into strength. In this way, I can connect the two easily."

"There are many aspects that (I) want to learn from Ji Ho. In terms of personal growth, I have not been able to live independently. Because there are many good people around me, I am able to learn from them. "

"I will be turning 30 soon. Previously, (I thought) it would be good if I turn 30 faster. I look forward to the feeling of becoming an adult when I am 30. Yet, I feel that I am still a child when I have these thoughts."

"Although I can feel the changes as I approach 30 years old, but the awareness is not great. I think I will feel that I have turned 30 when I am in my mid-30s."

On her wish to get Best Couple Award with Lee Joon

Jung So Min said that to have great chemistry with one's co-star, one has to try and discover the good aspects of him. 

"Because the age difference between Lee Joon and I is only one year, we felt at ease while filming."

She says that she has strong desires about her projects, but not for awards.

She also says that there are plans to visit Lee Joon in the army with the cast from FIS. When asked whether she would take a photo with Lee Joon at the army if they won Best Couple Award, she said, "Of course."

On her first kiss with Lee Min Ki in "Beacause this is My First Life"

Jung So Min said, "(LMK) is very experienced and I could rely on him. Initially, Se Hee's character was not very 'human' (cold?). But even when the cameras were not rolling, he took care of me. Because he was very amiable to me, it was comfortable acting together. Slowly, we develop a mutual understanding that "If I act this way, you will react this way'."

On her kiss with LMK in the first episode, Jung So Min said it was awkward. She even asked the PD why they had to film it when they were not familiar with each other. But even back then, how LMK took care of her left a deep impression on her. They even watched the scenes together through the monitor, and took care of how each other would act. Although it was awkward, it was not uncomfortable (uneasy?)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

@jughead2000 very soft and fluffy that's how I would describe JSM, too lol

@mydisplayname Yes loveteam/tandem/pairing but this act of swooning for a couple, we don't call this shipping before hihi I'll leave it as swooning, or carpooling lol

I agree that we should leave mysterious ig account/s as it is. Let them have their privacy. At least there's a spark of hope that they are communicating privately.

• Like 8

Thanks to minmincouple12 on IG for these translations, I've made a little collection with a few quotes that caught my attention:

"I have learned a lot from Jiho and I can't do it alone,there are a lot of good people around me who taught me alot and give me a lot of energy while we're filmed."

-Jung So Min talked about the atmosphere while filming was good and said, "This Work is Like My Fate" There are lots of places like Yoon Ji Ho's character and it shows a lot of affection. "I didn't find easy to leave this character from myself, I have never felt this before, this character who has a lot of similarities with me, it's hard for me to leave" She said.
- "I basically gave a lot of consideration to our chemistry at first with him, because it was our first time to meet but, there at some point it was easier to get close to eachother. It seems to me that as the time flies  we both could be close each other with easiness."

-One of the most memorable for me while I have filmed the kiss on the beach (Namhae), the scenery and atmosphere so beautiful and when I see of the picture for that scene, I said "It's beautiful" and I took the picture on there too.

-When we asked about the dream that she dreamed of, she said, "I dream for fateful love, it is very vague, I think my partner is somewhere out there".

- she said that will take a rest for a while and review some project for the next year.

- she also said that she's excited to be thirty soon.

Well... from what we can gather from these translations, there's been a change in herself during BTIMFL shooting. She started off as one one person and became a new one by the end of it... thanks to the people around her and to the drama itself. I think if you watch her before the drama, even during the early stages like the press con etc she's very different from how she appears now.... her whole aura has changed and what's more interesting is that she's fully aware of it too, hence her difficulty to let the drama go bc she can't be the person she used to be anymore. That's a big personal experience in somebody's life, just like JiHo said part 1 and part 2... I think Somin is ready to enter the part 2 of her life. 

As in for what she said about LMK as u can clearly see she's very professional and reserved when talking about him, she doesn't brag about their relationship and yet  it gives away a lot more... it's subtle but it's there for everyone to read. Especially when she says that BTIMFL feels like her fate and she dreams of fateful love.... well girl... you said it yourself! lol 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

There's new article of JSM's interview by soompi.

Jung So Min Talks About Differences Between Acting With Co-Stars Lee Min Ki And Lee Joon

Actress Jung So Min sat down for an interview on December 11 to talk about her starring role in tvN’s “Because This Is My First Life.”

After gaining popularity for her role in KBS 2TV’s “Father Is Strange,” Jung So Min immediately joined “Because This Is My First Life.” Both dramas were successful, which Jung So Min is grateful for.

Jung So Min said, “Many people really loved the chemistry between Lee Joon and me in my previous drama ‘Father Is Strange.’ So I was worried because my next work ‘Because This Is My First Life’ was also a romantic drama.” She added that she wanted to thank the viewers for showing love for “Because This Is My First Life” as well.

Starring in two dramas in a row made the year of 2017 feel long for the actress. “While I was working on two dramas, a movie was released and amid that, I made a cameo appearance in another movie,” she said. “So although it’s the same year, this year feels so long that I questioned why the end of the year came so late.”

While Jung So Min worked with Lee Joon in “Father Is Strange,” she co-starred with Lee Min Ki in her newest drama. She revealed that she joked around with Lee Joon because he was just a year older than her. “He helped me a lot in the beginning when the two energetic characters met,” Jung So Min explained. “On the other hand, Lee Min Ki is more experienced. I felt that a senior is a senior for a reason.”

According to the actress, Lee Min Ki was someone she could rely on. She said, “In the beginning, there were parts where Nam Se Hee [played by Lee Min Ki] didn’t feel human. But when the cameras weren’t rolling, he cared for me and put me first, making me wonder if Se Hee should be doing this. It was comfortable to act with him and as time went by, obviously, I got the sense of how he would react if I did something.”

Jung So Min went on to talk about her first kiss scene with Lee Min Ki. The two hadn’t gotten to really know each other at that point. “I remember that he was being very considerate,” she said. “He suggested that we monitor it together and although it was awkward, it wasn’t uncomfortable.”

When asked if she expected to receive any awards at the end-of-the-year award shows, Jung So Min jokingly replied that she did. “I’m kidding,” she continued. The actress had high hopes for her works, not awards. She added, “If I could receive one, I’d like the Best Couple Award [with Lee Joon].”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Yep the more I read the more I'm certain of how different her relationship with LMK is compared to her previous co-stars.

Ngl but this makes me feel so much at ease, I kinda already had this feeling but I wanted more proofs to be really sure and I can say that

I am. 

The shipping vibe is gettin stronger with these two lol

• Like 10

Somin-ah, we get it. To you Minki is just an experienced sunbae who is comfortable to act with and very considerate of others (I mean, you) at the beginning of filming. Yes, gurl. We totally get it. B)

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, meiil said:

Thanks to minmincouple12 on IG for these translations, I've made a little collection with a few quotes that caught my attention:

"I have learned a lot from Jiho and I can't do it alone,there are a lot of good people around me who taught me alot and give me a lot of energy while we're filmed."

-Jung So Min talked about the atmosphere while filming was good and said, "This Work is Like My Fate" There are lots of places like Yoon Ji Ho's character and it shows a lot of affection. "I didn't find easy to leave this character from myself, I have never felt this before, this character who has a lot of similarities with me, it's hard for me to leave" She said.
- "I basically gave a lot of consideration to our chemistry at first with him, because it was our first time to meet but, there at some point it was easier to get close to eachother. It seems to me that as the time flies  we both could be close each other with easiness."

-One of the most memorable for me while I have filmed the kiss on the beach (Namhae), the scenery and atmosphere so beautiful and when I see of the picture for that scene, I said "It's beautiful" and I took the picture on there too.

-When we asked about the dream that she dreamed of, she said, "I dream for fateful love, it is very vague, I think my partner is somewhere out there".

- she said that will take a rest for a while and review some project for the next year.

Well... from what we can gather from these translations, there's been a change in herself during BTIMFL shooting. She started off as one one person and became a new one by the end of it... thanks to the people around her and to the drama itself. I think if you watch her before the drama, even during the early stages like the press con etc she's very different from how she appears now.... her whole aura has changed and what's more interesting is that she's fully aware of it too, hence her difficulty to let the drama go bc she can't be the person she used to be anymore. That's a big personal experience in somebody's life, just like JiHo said part 1 and part 2... I think Somin is ready to enter the part 2 of her life. 

As in for what she said about LMK as u can clearly see she's very professional and reserved when talking about him, she doesn't brag about their relationship and yet  it gives away a lot more... it's subtle but it's there for everyone to read. Especially when she says that BTIMFL feels like her fate and she dreams of fateful love.... well girl... you said it yourself! lol 

So @meiil Thank you for making this list from the translated versions. And can I just say how I am 1000% in agreement of the last two paragraph with your conclusions? They absolutely make sense.   It is what JSM does not say in this interview that jumps right out of the pages - love her! 

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, coldcucumber said:

Somin-ah, we get it. To you Minki is just an experienced sunbae who is comfortable to act with and very considerate of others (I mean, you) at the beginning of filming. Yes, gurl. We totally get it. B)

Spoiler

It's funny how she went from "oppa" to "sunbae". Pf course, it's correct but still,it makes me wonder. I remember in her Life Bar guesting, she referred Minki as "oppa", then at this interview she called him sunbae. She called the other co-actor oppa  but why did she opt to refer to him as sunbae  (based on the trans)? She has been calling him oppa since we don't know when and even referred to him  as oppa in a tv guesting.  If she wants to go lowkey about all  her relationships with  her co-actors, she should have done that to her other co-star as well. But shd didn't. Which leads to the question: what makes LMK different from her other pairings? I know I'm being a little delulu here but yeah haha.

However, even though she calls him sunbae, her stories on how she can rely on Minki and how he cared for her really makes me giggle. If someone who haven't seen the BTS, they may wonder if a sunbae-hoobae relationship is really like that. That seems a bit too close, no? -_- I also loved when she revealed that they got to a point when they got in sync (she knew how he would react if she does something). That is a huge thing! It reminds me of the instances when they mirrored each other.

I'm being a little delulu so I put it on the spoiler tag for people who wants to read my late-night thoughts lol.

This interview makes me crave for a LMK interview as well. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, MianneChan said:

It's funny how she went from "oppa" to "sunbae". I remember in her Life Bar guesting, she referred yo Minki as "oppa", then at this interview she called him sunbae. However, even though she calls him sunbae, her stories on how she can rely on Minki and how he cared for her really makes me giggle. I also loved when she revealed that they got to a point when they got in sync (she knew how he would react if she does something). That is a huge thing! It reminds me of the instances when they mirrored each other.

This interview makes me crave for a LMK interview as well. 

Lol well he is her sunbae so she’s technically right but anyway she can call  him sunbae, oppa, lol whatever she wants in public, it makes no difference... remember how Song JoongKi called Song HyeKyo “nuna” in the interviews and we all know how that turned out! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

7 minutes ago, meiil said:

Lol well he is her sunbae so she’s technically right but anyway she can call  him sunbae, oppa, lol whatever she wants in public, it makes no difference... remember how Song JoongKi called Song HyeKyo “nuna” in the interviews and we all know how that turned out! 

This sunbae thing reminds me of NamLee as well (yes, I'm still hopeful)! Yes it's not wrong but it makes me wonder lol. My delulu mind is on the run lol :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

@MianneChan I wouldn’t  call us  delulu at this point, I think we’re analyzing stuff and giving our explanation to facts. Delulu would be more if we’d go around telling our couple is gonna get married or engaged or having babies lol we simply try to put together pieces of a puzzle which to our big surprise seem to fit and morphing into a very interesting picture. At least this how I see our SoMinKi shipping now :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

Hey everyone! Just wondering what's your (realistic) take on JSM wishing for a Best Couple Award with Lee Joon? What could be her reasoning behind it? A couple that's closer to her heart? 

I haven't had the time to spazz lately with everyone, but I had been following the thread closely :D

I really love our couple and their chemistry :wub: when I first heard about the casting I just knew that I had to watch the drama haha, and boy I was not disappointed!

Anyway thank you for all your contributions. They always make my day :D

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, T-e-z-u-k-A said:

Hey everyone! Just wondering what's your (realistic) take on JSM wishing for a Best Couple Award with Lee Joon? What could be her reasoning behind it? A couple that's closer to her heart? 

I haven't had the time to spazz lately with everyone, but I had been following the thread closely :D

I really love our couple and their chemistry :wub: when I first heard about the casting I just knew that I had to watch the drama haha, and boy I was not disappointed!

Anyway thank you for all your contributions. They always make my day :D

FIS will more likely be nominated for KBS2 awards and they will probably have a nomination in the best couple category therefore it makes sense for her to want to win (I personally think Fight For My Way has more chances of winning but who knows).

BTIMFL doesn't have any award scheduled at moment, if there will ever be any including a possible best couple category I'm sure she would wanna win that too. 

I honestly don't see why she wouldn't wanna win or why we should be worried about it, like I already mentioned many times I'd be WAY MORE worried if she wasn't so open about her relationship with LJ, but she's very candid about it and their friendship so it's a good thing. 

• Like 9

Thank you very much, @rembrandtz_5e20, @meiil and @coldcucumber for posting those translations. ^_^

That was a very interesting interview. Normally we would think when an actor/actress is answering questions on an interview, they were just being a professional, trying to keep a good image, and does not really mean anything they say. However, this JSM interview looks so honest to me. She really mean everything she said while trying to be preserved. I might be biased since I'm a BTIMFL fan and a shipper, but seeing how emotional and attached to Ji-ho she was in the last BTS, speech, and her Jeju posts, we know she truly loves the drama and the character she portrays. She meant it when she said she won't ever let go of Ji-ho (means that she have become part of her real-life persona), so I'm sure she meant all other things she said on the interview.

I will know turn my hyper-delusional mode on and interpret @meiil's collection of JSM quotes below. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THINK BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO REVEAL THE HIDDEN CONTENTS!

- I have learned a lot from Jiho and I can't do it alone,there are a lot of good people around me who taught me alot and give me a lot of energy while we're filmed.

Spoiler

There are a lot of good people around me who taught me alot and give me a lot of energy. I'm trying to be professional so I'm just gonna say 'good people' instead of 'Minki sunbae-nim'. ANI! That'd be too obvious kkkk (laughing similarly to the rooftop night convo BTS)

- Jung So Min talked about the atmosphere while filming was good and said, "This Work is Like My Fate" There are lots of places like Yoon Ji Ho's character and it shows a lot of affection. "I didn't find easy to leave this character from myself, I have never felt this before, this character who has a lot of similarities with me, it's hard for me to leave" She said."

Spoiler

This work is like my fate... to be able to meet Minki sunbae-nim, not just two actors filming the same movie, but as a couple.. being be able to film lots or hugs and kisses with such a handsome senior... If it's not fate, then what is? It's not easy to leave this character, because leaving it means I'm losing the chance to get intimate with my fateful love while being disguised with the excuse, "it's only for filming."

Spoiler

When we first meet it was awkward because when I kissed him at the bus stop, he was basically a dead fish, but as time flies, we both could be close to each other with easiness. When I said close, I was referring to our lips and various body parts.

- One of the most memorable for me while I have filmed the kiss on the beach (Namhae), the scenery and atmosphere so beautiful and when I see of the picture for that scene, I said "It's beautiful" and I took the picture on there too.

Spoiler

The beach kiss was the most memorable for me, it felt so romantic when we kissed so passionately to the background of Namhae sunset. I was actually annoyed by my mother's phone call. I wanted a longer kiss but I guess PD-nim didn't want such thing in his drama. Ok sure, whatever.

I also asked a crew to take the picture of our kiss, using my personal phone. Now it's easy for me whenever I want to relive that moment again, just open my gallery. Unfortunately it's not a private moment anymore because I can also see it all over my instagram search. Curse those pesky shippers.

- When we asked about the dream that she dreamed of, she said, "I dream for fateful love, it is very vague, I think my partner is somewhere out there".

Spoiler

Yes... My partner is somewhere out there... I don't know where he is, he hasn't updated his instagram for a while since we left Jeju. Or maybe he finally realized xgo_odx is such a bad nickname and is now walking around Seoul for inspirations for his new instagram account.

Spoiler

If the project doesn't include Minki, it will definitely go to the bottom of my list.

Spoiler

Because when I'm thirty, he'd be thirty four, then our age gap won't be quite as noticeable as it is now since both first number is three.

Just joking, please don't be offended!

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meiil said:

FIS will more likely be nominated for KBS2 awards and they will probably have a nomination in the best couple category therefore it makes sense for her to want to win (I personally think Fight For My Way has more chances of winning but who knows).

BTIMFL doesn't have any award scheduled at moment, if there will ever be any including a possible best couple category I'm sure she would wanna win that too. 

I honestly don't see why she wouldn't wanna win or why we should be worried about it, like I already mentioned many times I'd be WAY MORE worried if she wasn't so open about her relationship with LJ, but she's very candid about it and their friendship so it's a good thing. 

Thinking out loud here so kindly bear with me as I type out my thoughts as they come (as they won't necessarily be as organized as I want them to be, hehehe)

JSM's treatment of LMK

- has been switched  (upgraded? Downgraded LOL jk) from playful Oppa (based on the many, many BTS. Example: I can't have broad shoulders?!) to helpful Sunbae

- photo of them watching their sweet scene has been taken from public to private consumption (because while it's gone from IG, it is probably on someone's device. wink wink)

JSM's treatment of Others

- Very public declarations of visiting, couple award winning, etc.

Conclusion: 

It's been mentioned here before that So Min is very private about her personal life. So, forgive me if my shipper heart rejoices at the things/interactions/person people she is not as transparent about.  

Response to Velvetine: 

Not offended. There's a huge smile on my face right now and it's because of you, @velvetine Damn you and your delulu . It's making my heart leap with excitement. Especially the walking around Seoul part. Aaaaargh. I have a meeting in a few minutes and they'll be wondering why I have this huge Cheshire Cat smile on my faceeeeee . LOL

• Like 8
  • LOL 4