Ayame

Hi. This is my very first post.  TBH, i never wanted to be part of this thread. I was contented being a lurker and silent fan of the two as individual artists.  I kept telling myself not to ship them as a couple for so many reasons.... i am a realist, and a critical one at that.  For quite sometime, i stood by my conviction BUT my heart melted and gave in when i saw the BTS of the two doing the final scenes.  On the last part, while doing photo shoot of  their honeymoon,  JSM rested her head on LMK's chest and closed her eyes for a few seconds while smiling.  Was that a feeling of contentment? Trust?  Happiness?  

That scene tugged my heart. Unfortunately, the BTS ended leaving me breathless, at the same disappointed. Why do they have to end the BTS ???

Then i read the post of Velvetine. I waited for an hour for a reply from any of the members but none came... i felt the urge to register / open a new account with Soompi so i could tell  Velvetine and the rest of the shippers not to lose hope because after the Jeju trip, there is still chance to see them together:  at the awarding...  i am rooting for BTIMFL to receive many awards.  

There is still chance, right? 

Now back to lurking mode...  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@anna122017 hello chingu and welcome :)  I agree with you, we all hope to see them paired in another project

( I'm still hoping for a 2nd season of BTIMFL! )  but even if that won't happen there are still chances to see them together. We have awards, premieres, modeling works etc etc the showbiz world offers a lot of opportunities for artists to work together. And last but not least we can all agree that they are good friends so who knows maybe we'll be enough lucky to see them hanging around some more.                                                           

I'm shipping  a couple were the man is away for almost 2 years doing military service and  THAT is a very tough situation.... so Sominki are a breath of fresh air and hope for me atm.

Wow! What a difference ~24 hours make.. we were just wishing for the Jeju photos and there they are! Thank you to all who researched and posted photos here. I hope that we see more in time. They all seem really tired in the photos, understandably so. I hope they’re relaxing and not pressured to cater to their fans (even though I agree with @velvetine and really want that selfie or candid shot of just the 2 of them). But I would prefer that it be spontaneous and fun just like the bts videos- just them being themselves. If I offend anyone, these are just my opinions - apologies in advance. 

These 2 have a connection. It’s difficult to describe what it is - but is palpable in their interactions — there are definitely sparks.  But I am a firm believer that timing is everything. And I think I’m ok with them taking their time. 

My shipper heart, however, is a different story. It is not ok with them taking their time.:lol:

13 minutes ago, meiil said:

@anna122017 hello chingu and welcome :)  I agree with you, we all hope to see them paired in another project

( I'm still hoping for a 2nd season of BTIMFL! )  but even if that won't happen there are still chances to see them together. We have awards, premieres, modeling works etc etc the showbiz world offers a lot of opportunities for artists to work together. And last but not least we can all agree that they are good friends so who knows maybe we'll be enough lucky to see them hanging around some more.                                                           

I'm shipping couple  were the man is away for almost 2 years doing military service and  THAT is a very tough situtation.... so Sominki are a breath of fresh air and hope for me atm.

Thank you meiil for your warm welcome. Thanks too for mentioning the many chances/ possible opportunities of seeing them together in the future... 

I am new here and not tech-savvy.   So most of the time i will just lurk. 

But before i go,  may i just request for more fanvids from our other shippers to keep the ship sailing and active? Recently, i have been receiving feeds in Youtube regarding fanvids of JSM with another actor... 

A friend of mine commented that perhaps the shipper just wanted to revive the interest on the OTP which was then popular before the SoMinKi couple came about.  I think, we need to do the same. Keep the interest burning by posting  many fanvids in Youtube ang gifs too, here in this thread. 

And oh, may i just add one interesting point?  My friend told me that the shippers of the MFIS OTP were of the opinion that this ship will sink once the BTIMFL has ended.  But they were quite surprised that it didn't sink and this thread even continued to progress... thanks to all of you shippers who kept coming back to share your thoughts and post photos/ gifs. I hope you will not get tired doing so, for the love of our OTP... 

1 hour ago, anna122017 said:

On the last part, while doing photo shoot of  their honeymoon,  JSM rested her head on LMK's chest and closed her eyes for a few seconds while smiling.  Was that a feeling of contentment? Trust?  Happiness?

Sorry to cut your post, and welcome to the club, chingu ^_^

If you read one of my post in the previous pages, you'll see that I felt the same way upon watching that part of the BTS. If she felt awkward being in that situation with LMK, why would she show such happy, comfy face? That exact moment severely damaged my wall of not-gonna-ship-them, and here I am now *sigh* :huh:

27 minutes ago, lc85 said:

But I would prefer that it be spontaneous and fun just like the bts videos- just them being themselves

Sorry to cut your post too, but yeah, that's what I really wanted to see. No pressure from co-stars, no urge from the crews, and no intention to please their fans. Just them being themselves, the way they feel with each other (be it friendship or anything else).

15 minutes ago, anna122017 said:

But before i go,  may i just request for more fanvids from our other shippers to keep the ship sailing and active? Recently, i have been receiving feeds in Youtube regarding fanvids of JSM with another actor... 

A friend of mine commented that perhaps the shipper just wanted to revive the interest on the OTP which was then popular before the SoMinKi couple came about.  I think, we need to do the same. Keep the interest burning by posting  many fanvids in Youtube ang gifs too, here in this thread.

The problem is, FIS was aired in public television thus having larger audience leading to larger fanbase, while BTIMFL was restricted to TV cable with limited viewers. It also had much more episodes. Lee Joon was also more popular with fans since he's good-looking and was an ex K-Pop star. Even more, people said his chemistry with JSM was great (or even better) there. However, despite the limits of BTIMFL, not to mention LMK being less well-known, isn't pretty boy-faced and had been involved in a scandal, the show still manages to get a praiseworthy audience, thanks to great directing, marvelous script writing and a fantastic cast boasting commendable chemistry. It's a simple yet unique drama which fought against the trend of K-Drama, and I almost never saw any bad remarks about the show (most probably came from JoonMin shippers). Hopefully, like others mentioned, it receives a handful of awards so more people will be aware of such a great drama which we currently have trouble moving on from. No matter what, we must always be proud being a fan of BTIMFL (and SoMinKi).

I'll try to post fanvids or gifs from IG and YouTube from time to time here, since the main drama thread is gradually losing activity (which is expected).

28 minutes ago, velvetine said:

If you read one of my post in the previous pages, you'll see that I felt the same way upon watching that part of the BTS. If she felt awkward being in that situation with LMK, why would she show such happy, comfy face? That exact moment severely damaged my wall of not-gonna-ship-them, and here I am now *sigh* :huh:

Sorry to cut your post too, but yeah, that's what I really wanted to see. No pressure from co-stars, no urge from the crews, and no intention to please their fans. Just them being themselves, the way they feel with each other (be it friendship or anything else).

The problem is, FIS was aired in public television thus having larger audience leading to larger fanbase, while BTIMFL was restricted to TV cable with limited viewers. It also had much more episodes. Lee Joon was also more popular with fans since he's good-looking and was an ex K-Pop star. Even more, people said his chemistry with JSM was great (or even better) there. However, despite the limits of BTIMFL, not to mention LMK being less well-known, isn't pretty boy-faced and had been involved in a scandal, the show still manages to get a praiseworthy audience, thanks to great directing, marvelous script writing and a fantastic cast boasting commendable chemistry. It's a simple yet unique drama which fought against the trend of K-Drama, and I almost never saw any bad remarks about the show (most probably came from JoonMin shippers). Hopefully, like others mentioned, it receives a handful of awards so more people will be aware of such a great drama which we currently have trouble moving on from. No matter what, we must always be proud being a fan of BTIMFL (and SoMinKi).

I'll try to post fanvids or gifs from IG and YouTube from time to time here, since the main drama thread is gradually losing activity (which is expected).

See @velvetine, we had the same reaction! That BTS was really something! 

And thanks for your explanation, citing the difference between MFIS and BTIMFL... i got  your point.  

Shipping OTPs really depends on one's preference. The JSM- LJ may be popular and has wider fan based, but still i choose this ship because that is what my heart dictates.  

1 hour ago, velvetine said:

What's funny with us shippers here is that we started shipping them (without holding back) by the end of the show. I gotta admit that what broke my wall of "Nope, not gonna ship them. They look nice and all and they look comfy-comfy but no," when I saw on Twitter the hug they shared after their last shooting day. I was shocked of how LMK's "thanks" resonates that even though the camera is not focused on them per se, that word can be heard very clearly. I think that's what prompted me to check the BTS.

I'm also very happy to see that South Koreans are streaming this drama online after it ended, meaning even after it ended they are gaining more fans! I totally love it when a show is well-loved in South Korea. It makes me proud of them lol.

1 hour ago, anna122017 said:

Shipping OTPs really depends on one's preference. The JSM- LJ may be popular and has wider fan based, but still i choose this ship because that is what my heart dictates.  

That's the spirit. :)

Also, I urge to all shippers (new and old) to keep it civilized, don't post inappropriate comment/content, and don't start a war with JoonMin or other JSM shippers (if there's any). I've just read the old pages in this thread where outside shippers posted a negative/unrelated comment (which have been reported and edited by the moderator). We don't want to go down that road. Just show our support to our beloved Woori couple and respect other shippers, and certainly respect the respective actor's and actress' personal life. ^_^

7 minutes ago, MianneChan said:

I'm also very happy to see that South Koreans are streaming this drama online after it ended, meaning even after it ended they are gaining more fans! I totally love it when a show is well-loved in South Korea. It makes me proud of them lol.

That's great to hear this fantastic show gets the attention it deserves!

2 minutes ago, velvetine said:

That's the spirit. :)

Also, I urge to all shippers (new and old) to keep it civilized, don't post inappropriate comment/content, and don't start a war with other JoonMin or other JSM shippers (if there's any). I've just read the old pages in this thread where outside shippers posted a negative comment (which have been reported and edited by the moderator). We don't want to go down that road. Just show our support to our beloved Woori couple and respect other shippers, and certainly respect the respective actor's and actress' personal life. ^_^

That's great to hear this fantastic show gets the attention it deserves!

Yeah! I'm waiting for the awards they would receive. If JSM and LMK won't receive awards for their acting I would go on a rampage! The director and the writer deserved to have many awards for this superb drama!

You can see it on IG. On my previous ship, their show was well-loved by international fans but they didn't receive much attention locally. That's why I'm super happy whenever I see a korean fan of BTIMFL, posting goodies regarding the drama. ❤

3 minutes ago, MianneChan said:

Yeah! I'm waiting for the awards they would receive. If JSM and LMK won't receive awards for their acting I would go on a rampage! The director and the writer deserved to have many awards for this superb drama!

You can see it on IG. On my previous ship, their show was well-loved by international fans but they didn't receive much attention locally. That's why I'm super happy whenever I see a korean fan of BTIMFL, posting goodies regarding the drama. ❤

Same here, I'm getting more and more local South Koreans posting BTIMFL-related posts in my IG search page. It's also getting more and more love here in Indonesia. :D

Also, in case you haven't knew, JSM, LMK and Esom were ranked 12, 15, and 28 respectively in brand reputation among 100 actors who starred in dramas from Nov 1 to Dec 2, conducted by Korean Business Research Institute:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/02/december-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed-2/

Happy for them, especially LMK who just made a return to drama series after so many years!

2 minutes ago, velvetine said:

Same here, I'm getting more and more local South Koreans posting BTIMFL-related posts in my IG search page. It's also getting more and more love here in Indonesia. :D

Also, in case you haven't knew, JSM, LMK and Esom were ranked 12, 15, and 28 respectively in brand reputation among 100 actors who starred in dramas from Nov 1 to Dec 2, conducted by Korean Business Research Institute:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/02/december-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed-2/

Happy for them, especially LMK who just made a return to drama series after so many years!

Wow! This is so nice! It would have been higher if the show was aired on free TV. Nonetheless, this is a great news!! :heart:

Hello SoMinKi fam!

i haven’t been online much today since I was besieged with a migraine. Welcome to the wonderful new members!

I have said before that I was once part of a pretty big ship—a ship that had sunk two years ago. We were pretty devastated and lost then. 

But, I have also mentioned before that between not enough BTS interactions, interview mentions on print or on TV (like REALLY rare and far in between) we based a ship on what little we saw of what was caught on camera and the vibe they gave off on print. 

So again, this time around, I am rendered amazed by so many interactions that my “star pocket” is full and is bound to sustain me for a good while. 

Because even if the momentum of the drama and JeJu trip dies down, the true test lies on when the have fully divested themselves of their characters. It would be exciting and interesting to see how they keep that electrifying friendship alive. 

Also, another point... the fact that it looks like, as @meiil mentioned, that they are pretty much stuck together like glue, it’s a great sign. Often, you’ll see leads stick with other cast members and other staff in photos or video, but it’s refreshing and encouraging to see them fearlessly sit together or beside each other. I am sure they know that they are being shipped so hard at this point, the fact they still are photographed together is, for me, a sign of hope. 

Please forgive my ramblings. I am just typing this all on my phone while on an errand. 

3 minutes ago, sierralainewalsh said:

Another pic from Jeju trip! It's been ages since I went back to soompi and I forgot how to do this so I'm just gonna put the link haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcPaoYpgmeK/

MINKI'S STARE I CANNOT

Thank you for posting the link. Let me see if I can embed the photo because MY GAD THE STARE. 

Oh my gad. The feels!!! And can I just say that is NOT a Nam Se Hee face/expression!!! I don’t know if it’s the hair or the angle by my god my heart is exploding for some reason. Dare I say it’s such a Grumpy manly expression?

Somebody slap some sense into me. 

18 minutes ago, sierralainewalsh said:

Another pic from Jeju trip! It's been ages since I went back to soompi and I forgot how to do this so I'm just gonna put the link haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcPaoYpgmeK/

MINKI'S STARE I CANNOT

Hwaaaaaahhhhhh!! Thanks for this, my Dear Chingu!! He IS STARING at her, I am sure! Hahahaha! Sigh ... am I being delusional?? Aaarggghhh!! My shipper HEART! Ottoke? OTTOKE?  And today is Our FIRST MONDAY WITHOUT WOORI COUPLE!  SOOOBBBSSS!

Never mind, we will re-watch OK? Re-watch many times like how I did for Shopping King Louis ... sigh ... that’s my First Beloved Couple but have not heard from ‘Eddy the fox’ for so long... Sigh ....

17 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Thank you for posting the link. Let me see if I can embed the photo because MY GAD THE STARE. 

Oh my gad. The feels!!! And can I just say that is NOT a Nam Se Hee face/expression!!! I don’t know if it’s the hair or the angle by my god my heart is exploding for some reason. Dare I say it’s such a Grumpy manly expression?

Somebody slap some sense into me. 

This picture is so real!!! Minki always his eyes on Somin:heart::heart:. Other people looked at the camera or somewhere else, but Minki could not take his eyes out of Somin. I think he drank a little bit, so that when people got a little drank they real feeling will show. 

2 minutes ago, ringmyjen said:

OMG chill we need to chill, folks. it could be just an angle BUT OH GOD my heart is about to jump off my chest wow thank you to the man who took the pic he surely knew THE RIGHT TIMING to click the shutter. dead. :blink:

Exactly. My brain clearly said, maybe he was just spaced out. Maybe he didn’t know a pic was being taken. But I was under the impression the guy in stripes was taking a selfie? Anyway, my shipper heart has no chill and is going nuts over Min Ki’s eyes. LOL

Archived