[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

0ly40

Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a long time. I see many people are not watching this because they don't want to spoil the J version but I don't think this version is that bad. I have watched J-version thrice and its one of my favourite j dramas. I was anxious when they announced the remake of this drama because its difficult to match up to Shun Oguri and Ishihara Satomi's charm and had no intention to watch the remake. Then they announced Suho as the main lead and the exo l inside me couldn't help but decide to watch this drama just for Suho. I kept my expectations low when I started watching this drama but I was surprised to find myself enjoying this version same as the original one.

Tbh for the first two episodes I kept on comparing this with j version and came to conclusion that there was no point in comparing both the versions. The story line may be bit similar but both end up giving different vibes. I like how this version has little mystery about identity of Kim Boon Hong and her relationship with Kim Bo Ra.

One thing I wanted more from J version was the romance and more plot development between the leads. But this version seems to be focusing on romance too which is a good thing for me.

About actors I am quite surprised with Suho's acting(Unbiased opinion). In the first episode I found him bit awkward but from second episode I was convinced by him. He may have not portrayed it like shun but he has defined the character in his own way. His chemistry with Ha Yeon Soo looks good. I am enjoying this drama so far and can't wait for next week to watch further episodes. It may be cliche but its light hearted and fluffy which is the best get away from stressful RL.

2 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Hide contents

The thing regarding lee yoo chan asking to go out (ep 5 & 6 preview)

i guess he asks it to min tae ra ....

(mmm i donno the reason why its so ; but i guess that’s how it will go :()

Maybe he is just trying to fool himself and allows for the date with min tae ra just to avoid his growing feelings for bora ! 

And regarding who is kim boon hong .

Guess she is kim bora’s elder sister 

(just my pure assumption)

anyway she is not kim bora nor she is her twin sister as her age is 29 and bora is only 24 i guess !

And you can see her in high school uniform when yoochan came in search of kim boon hong to jejudu island ! (They arent the same age ).

What do you think friends and sisters ?!

just share your perception please !

I have same concerns as you. After watching preview of episode 5 as much as I am excited for development between leads I am also anxious about the love triangle. Even I feel that "lets date" is for Min Tae Ra( please drama gods prove me wrong here).He may do this out of jealousy after seeing her interact with Min Tae Joo or that other office guy or to deny his feelings for Bo Ra. I really don't want them to drag the love triangle for a long time. But its quite obvious that Yoo Chan is not into Min Tae Ra. I am also excited to see how Min Tae Joo turns out to be in further episodes whether writers have planned something else for him or they will take the same route as J version. About Kim Boon Hong  at first I thought she could be Kim Bo ra too but then from the flash backs they have showed I don't think its her. She maybe her elder sister or mentor( I saw a post much before the cast were confirmed about the plot that KBH is Bo Ra's mentor).

@bebebisous33 like you said I really hope he asks Kim Bo Ra out. But if the writers are planning to set the same pace as the original I think its too soon for him to do that.

RICH MAN OST REAL LOVE is out now

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@4evrkdrama You're welcome.:)

Actually, I have the impression that LYC will ask KBR because in the preview, he explains the situation with the kiss to KBR. He wanted her not to misunderstand him. Moreover, the fact that he visits her house is another clue that he worries so much about her. Since DJ is around her, he is afraid that KBR might fall for DJ. Then when MTR proposes to become his girlfriend, this might be the trigger for him to go after KBR.

About the significance of the name: KBH as the older sister... I like this idea very much. This would explain why KBR never replied to the SMS and why in the heat of the moment, she mentioned KBH. 

Then I would like to outline that MTJ has already lied to KBR: he asked her not to mention KBH's name because LYC had been deeply hurt. In reality, LYC is still looking for KBH and has never forgotten her. He doesn't resent her for disappearing from his life. The partner gave KBR a different impression.

@bebebisous33 

you are just boosting my overwhelming feelings for the two to get in love soon when my stupid heart keeps on saying it would take time ! :blush:

• And about he being leaning to kiss her ...my heart almost dropped !

But i dont think he would do that ;

either he will take back or may the phone ring or min tae ra pop out of somewhere and ring the door bell !

His caring feelings for her that even he himself doesnt knw is too adorable !

• Kim boon hong and kim bo ra has some similarities and that pulls yoochan towards her !

I do like the fact that he has feelings for her 

but it annoys me as its coz he see kim boon hong in her ! In my eyes he isnt loving the kim bora but he loves kim boon hong in kim bora !

i want him to love her for who she is ! 

What about you friends and sisters ?

what do you think ?

Ps : @sansukini-_- thanks for correcting me sissy .:) But I seriously liked korean version than Japanese version (in terms of story plot ; i find it more funny and interesting and am damn sure it’s because am biased :wub: when it comes to kdrama and suho) 

43 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@bebebisous33 

you are just boosting my overwhelming feelings for the two to get in love soon when my stupid heart keeps on saying it would take time ! :blush:

• And about he being leaning to kiss her ...my heart almost dropped !

But i dont think he would do that ;

either he will take back or may the phone or min tae ra pop out of somewhere and ring the door bell !

His caring feelings for her that even he himself doesnt knw is too adorable !

• Kim boon hong and kim bo ra has some similarities and that pulls yoochan towards her !

I do like the fact that he has feelings for her 

but it annoys me as its coz he see kim boon hong in her ! In my eyes he isnt loving the kim bora but he loves kim boon hong in kim bora !

i want him to love her for who she is ! 

What about you friends and sisters ?

what do you think ?

Ps : @sansukini-_- thanks for correcting me sissy .:) But I seriously liked korean version than Japanese version (in terms of story plot ; i find it more funny and interesting and am damn sure it’s because am biased :wub: when it comes to kdrama and suho) 

I don't think, he will kiss her too. This is definitely too soon.

On the other hand, I appreciate your observation that LYC might be attracted to KBR because of KBH. However, she denied to have said the name KBH, then it was never mentioned again in front of him. Later he dismissed the possibility that the necklace might be the one he offered to KBH.

Nevertheless, it came to my mind that KBR could have played KBH in the past. We should be careful. I have the impression that since LYC can not recognize faces, he might have mistaken KBR for KBH. KBR said that she knew LYC, hence she met him before. It could be possible that he offered the necklace to KBR thinking that she was KBH. Do you understand what I mean? KBH could have died and KBR replaced her, until she felt so burdened and decided to cut ties with him. The red mole on the neck will be the clue that she could be the one LYC has been looking for. And this leads us to the next question: when will he realize that he loves KBR and not KBH? 

you know what would be real interesting is what if KBR pretended to be KBH ( her older sister) just like Good Witch drama but instead of being twins her sister was dying; so she did it to help her out but fell for him instead the twist would be she/he would need to then realise who he was really inlove with- the rea KBH who the temp fake one KBR; only assuming because KBR has familiar mannerisms that he has picked up on  like the holding the hair back while eating the soup- the simular quote of him being a good guy now all we need is the red mole behind the neck and then that' would confirm a few suspicions........:tongue: just supporting the above comments from bebebisous33 

3 hours ago, Harry97 said:

Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a long time. I see many people are not watching this because they don't want to spoil the J version but I don't think this version is that bad. I have watched J-version thrice and its one of my favourite j dramas. I was anxious when they announced the remake of this drama because its difficult to match up to Shun Oguri and Ishihara Satomi's charm and had no intention to watch the remake. Then they announced Suho as the main lead and the exo l inside me couldn't help but decide to watch this drama just for Suho. I kept my expectations low when I started watching this drama but I was surprised to find myself enjoying this version same as the original one.

Tbh for the first two episodes I kept on comparing this with j version and came to conclusion that there was no point in comparing both the versions. The story line may be bit similar but both end up giving different vibes. I like how this version has little mystery about identity of Kim Boon Hong and her relationship with Kim Bo Ra.

One thing I wanted more from J version was the romance and more plot development between the leads. But this version seems to be focusing on romance too which is a good thing for me.

About actors I am quite surprised with Suho's acting(Unbiased opinion). In the first episode I found him bit awkward but from second episode I was convinced by him. He may have not portrayed it like shun but he has defined the character in his own way. His chemistry with Ha Yeon Soo looks good. I am enjoying this drama so far and can't wait for next week to watch further episodes. It may be cliche but its light hearted and fluffy which is the best get away from stressful RL.

I have same concerns as you. After watching preview of episode 5 as much as I am excited for development between leads I am also anxious about the love triangle. Even I feel that "lets date" is for Min Tae Ra( please drama gods prove me wrong here).He may do this out of jealousy after seeing her interact with Min Tae Joo or that other office guy or to deny his feelings for Bo Ra. I really don't want them to drag the love triangle for a long time. But its quite obvious that Yoo Chan is not into Min Tae Ra. I am also excited to see how Min Tae Joo turns out to be in further episodes whether writers have planned something else for him or they will take the same route as J version. About Kim Boon Hong  at first I thought she could be Kim Bo ra too but then from the flash backs they have showed I don't think its her. She maybe her elder sister or mentor( I saw a post much before the cast were confirmed about the plot that KBH is Bo Ra's mentor).

@bebebisous33 like you said I really hope he asks Kim Bo Ra out. But if the writers are planning to set the same pace as the original I think its too soon for him to do that.

Honestly saying ;

am just quoting it to make it more lengthy and move the page fast :lol:...and I apologize if it annoys anyone !

I do agree with you @Harry97 that Suho’s acting has improved alot to a point that surprises me ( me too here in this opinion totally unbiased as a person who have watched all his acting works except one way trip )

and i know that comparing both the drama is of no use 

but what i liked in korean version is the progress and interaction between the 2 leads which is more than the j version just like you said @Harry97

and i really liked the jealous parts too which were funny enough ! 

So far its fine and smooth ....and lets hope that it wont be draggy (lately most of the kdrama does so ) 

3 minutes ago, rock0203 said:

you know what would be real interesting is what if KBR pretended to be KBH ( her sister) just like Good Witch drama but instead of being twins her sister was dying; so she did it to help her older sister but fell for him instead the twist would be she/he would need to then realise who he was really inlove with- the rea KBH who the temp fake one KBR; only assuming because KBR has familiar mannerisms that he has picked up on  like the holding the hair back while eating the soup- the simular quote of him being a good guy now all we need is the red mole behind the neck and then that' would confirm a few suspicions........:tongue:

That's what I have been thinking. At some point, KBR could have switched her place. I noticed that LYC met KBH in a church therefore she was there to pray. Your observation about the mannerism makes me think that LYC was meeting KBR and not KBH. About the words... maybe KBR read it in KBH's diary. 

Omg .... @bebebisous33 & @rock0203 your assumption caught me off guard ;

and i really wish the plot to go in this way :rolleyes: ....

its just too awesome ! 

And am really happy to get you all to share my confused feelings !

its nice to meet you @bebebisous33 ; you really made this forum alive by sharing your perceptions and made the silent lurkers including me to pop out ! 

14 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Omg .... @bebebisous33 & @rock0203 your assumption caught me off guard ;

and i really wish the plot to go in this way :rolleyes: ....

its just too awesome ! 

And am really happy to get you all to share my confused feelings !

its nice to meet you @bebebisous33 ; you really made this forum alive by sharing your perceptions and made the silent lurkers including me to pop out ! 

Thanks a lot for the compliment. By the way, KBR didn't know that LYC was an orphan. However, I believe that she knew (from her sister) that t LYC was suicidal hence she decided to act as KBH

Ost hard for me lyrics 

Even though you’re cold, even though you push me away
Even though I cried as much as I hated you, though I tried brushing you off

In one corner of my heart
I still draw you out

It’s hard for me to forget you
How can the memories be forgotten so easily?
It’s hard for me to hate you
How can I hate you?

If you turn around
There’s always the same person protecting you

How can I hate you?

Don’t go, don’t go yet
I’m not ready to let you go yet

too hard for me
too hard for me
too hard for me

How can I hate you?

from this @bebebisous33 and @rock0203

we can really prove that there was something in past between bora and yoochan and your views can be related to this very well ! 

What significance is this ost for the drama friends and sisters ?

please share your views !

i just wanna know !

Spoiler

Spoiler alert :

its more than things happened in j version - like she saying that she donno in the past when he asks her about the person he searches for !

if its so the “memories” in the ost has no significance . There is more than an “I donno and suicide rescue” past between them and the past emptiness can be filled by your views @bebebisous33 and @rock0203

Did you get what I mean ? Am really sorry for my poor English 

Ugggh waiting till Wednesday is really “hard for me” ! 

Hello EVERYONE!

So I've decided to join this thread because this OTP and drama is too cute. 

TBH, I don't care about EXO or follow them so I don't even know who Suho is.  I've never seen the Japanese version and not planning to because sometimes the girl can act so over the top. 

That saying, I give this a shot and I was really enjoying it. LYC was a jerk but he's also a reality check. Suho played him so well and this is me saying before I knew he is in a kpop group. After that last scene in ep.1 I'm sold on their chemistry. The looks in their eyes were intense!

Now I'm currently vidding a mv for them.

19 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Ost hard for me lyrics 

Even though you’re cold, even though you push me away
Even though I cried as much as I hated you, though I tried brushing you off

In one corner of my heart
I still draw you out

How can I hate you?

If you turn around
There’s always the same person protecting you

How can I hate you?

Don’t go, don’t go yet
I’m not ready to let you go yet

too hard for me
too hard for me
too hard for me

How can I hate you?

from this @bebebisous33 and @rock0203

we can really prove that there was something in past between bora and yoochan and your views can be related to this very well ! 

What significance is this ost for the drama friends and sisters ?

please share your views !

i just wanna know !

Hide contents

Spoiler alert :

its more than things happened in j version - like she saying that she donno in the past when he asks her about the person he searches for !

if its so the “memories” in the ost has no significance . There is more than an “I donno and suicide rescue” past between them and the past emptiness can be filled by your views @bebebisous33 and @rock0203

Did you get what I mean ? Am really sorry for my poor English 

Ugggh waiting till Wednesday is really “hard for me” ! 

Hi  don't worry about your English  we understand you well:D; but as for the lyrics i had to play the Ost and listen to the tone of the song to match the feel of the words and i don't think theres any ill feelings of their parting it seems to me its memories of a short time together with the person she loved .......and she was ok that they parted...could be if he was suicidal then she was just happy that he was able to  still go on living. So its hard as the memories she has is special like of a first love or a  one sided love so of course that would be hard don't you think? Even harder if he doesn't recognize you too- Anyway again just adding my  feels to the conversation:tongue:

Excuse me friends and sisters !

maybe its coz i m just so bored or something , my imagination is beyond its reach ! :crazy:

i have been replaying the preview of ep 5 and something suddenly caught me up !

lee yoo chan use to talk in formal to min taera right ?! 

But the last dialogue of the preview

Where yoo chan saying lets date -  ”uri sagheuja” (sorry for my poor hangul romanisation) is informal right ?

that means is it to Bora ? !

And since the dating will not be too fast to happen ( acc. To kdrama and the plot ) she declines it (thinking about boon hong ) ?! 

Is there any possibility for this ?!

Okay, so I'm jumping on this drama, relunctantly.  This is a disclaimer read at your own risk: I am fanatic of the original.  I mean, it had my favorite actors in it. Jdoramas are my favorite, I find Jdorama guys to be the best looking ever, all things Japanese are no.1 and Kdramas rank at the bottom [probably because all they do is try to make people cry even their rom-coms]. I mean bottom bottom; on all scales.  I have my faves, but nothing compares to the others [Cdramas, Lakorns,TWdramas,  etc.] and particularly Jdorama work. It also doesn't help that Kdramas tend to copy from Jdoramas way, way, way more (badly [Boys Over Flowers, Mischevious Kiss, etc.) than Jdoramas ever do Kdramas (successfully [Signal comes to mind; OCN should be proud]). 

Now as for this drama. Rich Man, Poor Woman.  I'm going to have to make a comparison.  There is no way, no way I can watch this and comment---as a lover of the original and not make a brief comparison.  I can say they're not the same. In the original, the lead male's behaviour makes more sense for his condition.  However, in the kdrama, the guy doesn't feel like he has a condition. It's just like in every Kdrama, dude lives extravagantly out of his means, OTT.  In the original, he was so frugal and a minimalist.  My cousin, who is super wealthy and super smart---lives the same way.  Yeah, she's a tech girl. She went to MIT.  I'm not saying they're all like that, but damn, I went to her friends home and they all seem to be like that.They all make room for more of their tech stuff. I am biased to the original, and I did connect it to the people I know so it made sense to me. 

However, this guy just seems to be feeding into the same old, same old of the Kdrama prince with a bad attitude who needs a Cinderella to rescue him from depression---in his case a poorly devised neurosis. The girl---oh this girl.  My second favorite Jdorama actress of all time plays in the original---this poor girl (excuse the pun) just can't compare. Bless her heart. She's a sweetie pie though.  I actually like her and get her appeal.  Problem is, her portrayal of the Kim Bo Ra character doesn't have the neurosis on another level that the original Jdorama character has in order to match the Rich man; which is basically the whole point f the story.  This girl looks like she's been thrust into a den of lions.  In the original---both of them are basically crazy and it works for them--seriously---they're both nuts in their own way.  In this one, one of them is not so right in the head, but the girl is just a nice girl with a good memory. 

I think this is why the two dramas are so different ultimately; sadly, this isn't a very good version of the original--right off the bat that's clear. However, what's appealing, it's not the lead male.  I'm sure and from what I hear---an EXO singers here?!  I'm not into Kpop--I ended with Shinee (when they first landed in the scene).  He's not the one that's keeping me wathing.  The lead actress is so endearing that I keep coming back.  I think she's a fabulous actress.  I love her smile, I love her cuteness, I love everything about her so far. Yeah, I'm going to stay for her.  She can hold the scenes.  For me, the guy from EXO isn't really holding it up for me---the people around him are doing it for him and she is amazing. 

As for the story line.  Rich Man, Poor Woman - Jdorama is like a Spin Class while Rich Man, Poor Woman - Kdrama is like Yoga.  I think it's like if you like blood pumping fun and excitement and smiling vs. something you might fall asleep at from time to time--unless you have my girl leading the lesson. :D

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 PM KST

People have their own preferences and that's def ok. I like Jdrama too but sometimes the girl are just too idiotic or wanna be a real life manga which annoys the hell out of me lol. 

Jdrama can be super dark and at times the scenes are too dull. There are certain actors that I like and Oguri is not one of them. Never liked him since his HYD days nor his acting but still respect him. 

Now I've never seen the Japanese version so I can't compare and I blindly went in to watch the Korean one without knowing who Suho is. I actaully thought his acting wasn't that bad and did ended up liking him. 

Stay if you want something light and fun. If you want serious stuff, try the Japanese version. Btw, the actress in the Japanese version lip really bothers me, maybe that's another reason why I can't watch since it look too much like a fish mouth. 

Dear friends and sisters :) ;

i am not intending for  an opinionated war ! Nor am just gonna sit mum

Everyone has their own tastes and preferences and everyone has the right to let out their opinion ( freedom of speech ) !

But isn’t it too rude to offend people with your opinions !

This is a smooth and slow going thread that most of us in it tends to respect instead of insulting one’s opinion !

dear sis @vaberella i do understand and respect your opinion regarding the remake of your fav. Jdrama . It’s not a surprising fact that this drama didnt made you move (or you didnt like it ) nor the person who played the lead character in it because i do have had watched many remakes (not jdrama or kdrama but movies )  and it was hard for me to digest too even if the lead is a top famous star ! 

But trying to let out your opinion in such a way is too rude to handle as a kdrama fan ! 

About this drama ; no one has ever said that its same as original and 100% better than the so called famous buzz worthy jdrama Rich man poor woman .

Right from the beginning we  (atleast me) have said in the thread that it isnt a cut copy paste of your jdrama version !

This drama has its own uniqueness and fun and so does the characters in it !

And just like how you hate some of the elements in this drama ; we too have had disappointments in jdrama version which were then satisfied by this version (mmm again....... atleast for me)

As far as am concerned ; the male lead’s prosopagnosia condition is recognisable for me and most of the people who watch this drama with no preconceptions !

And regarding he being a “tech boy who doesnt have tech stuff “ or in the sense that he isn’t appealing to you as an IT genius  — he isnt a student nor he is an employee but a businessman who sees his company as his own home ! 

He works late night , and does all the possible things to make his project work ( for ex. Going to Jejudu to convince the vice minister ) ; even at times you can see he doing something in his laptop in conversation between his finance manager and min taejoo , his innovation of Dorothy/Scarlet ( i guess this innovation is different from jversion ,if m not mistaken as i have poor knowledge about the jdrama version since i have read recap only ) !

The examples are more within this short 4 eps and still you say the lead doesn’t seems like an IT genius ?! 

Isnt it just an excuse to support your biased opinion?

And regrading him not holding it up for you or something it’s obviously your opinion and taste ... GO ON WITH IT , no objections !

Just like sis @pangia said :

stay if you want to watch but please don’t ruin others mood to watch it ( not offending but just a request in a polite manner) 

@4evrkdrama Im kinda agreed with you, as i didnt even watched the original version, but i had to watch this drama due to support my bias Suho, (im an Exo-L as well :D), so overall im just enjoyed the Kdrama without taking it too seriously.  :blush:

------

Filming somewhere at Island?:wub: (cr: Hayeon Soo IG )

Media preview

Spoiler

They celebrate Suho's B'day at filming site, Awww so cute :wub:

Archived