[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

0ly40

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised this drama isn't more popular, given how big EXO is. I heard good things about the J-drama, and I like Ha Yeon-Soo (from Monstar) which is what made me check this out. And I'm addicted!

I can't say that Suho's acting is the best; you can definitely tell he's green and sometimes comes across as overacting, but I guess he's mostly decent. All the other characters are good though (e.g. the layered relationship with Mi-So and Do-jin, and the friendship between Bo-ra and Mi-so). I can tell that there's some variations while keeping to the original story. Kinda worried about Tae-joo's character... hopefully he won't turn as evil since he seems like a nicer guy (I'm only assuming since I didn't watch the J-version). 

I was reluctantly admitting that Tae-ra was cool in her direct approach with Yoo-Chan, her overall demeanour too. But that's falling away with the preview showing her telling her brother to keep Bo-ra away from YC. 

AHHHH I'm so excited for later!

Last scene :

yoo chan : kim bo rah !

i cant think about anything but your face (or i can only think about your face) . 

No matter How much i try to avoid it , only your face , only your face i can remember ! 

Me literally screaming right now !

Wooohhhooooo

Preview translation acc. To my understanding :

yoo chan : lets think this contract isnt there ! (Didnt happen )

tae joon : there is no other way than this 

yoo chan : that’s true , but it’s not my way ! 

Finance manager : if he isn’t allowing ; there is no other way than letting him drag out from CEO position !

bo ra : From today onwards am working here again .

yoo chan : don’t worry, it’s nothing 

min tae ra : its nothing isnt the thing !

yoo chan : have somewhere to go/visit for few days !

min tae ra : 7 years ago in namhe ..... we wouldn’t have met ! is it something like destiny?!

ps: sorry for my poor Englisheu

Woo! More people to discuss my feels!! 

So some "recap" for stuff that happened in the episode before subs come out -  If you don't want to be spoiled, STOP READING.

Kim Boon-Hong's story

BR faces the repercussions of her drunk confession to YC. YC looks pained from her lie to him. Later when TJ asks him what happened, YC explains that he's not angry because she knew BH, but because she "played" him. TJ confesses that he convinced BR not to tell him.

So we finally know what happened to this mystery girl. Apparently she was Yoo-Chan's first love, who left him for the most K-drama cliche reason ever - she had cancer. Bo-Ra met her at the hospice where her grandmother was also at, and the two grew close after BR saw that BH had no family. She thought BH would get better because BH said it was the early stages, but she lied about that. Boon-Hong died 7 years ago, which leaves YC in shock upon learning the news. 

The love square

TR questions her brother about YC recognising BR at the party. TJ brushes it off as a one-off coincidence and tells her not to be too sensitive, although she doesn't seem convinced. She knows that there is more about BR that no one is telling her.

In another conversation, TR asks about BR leaving the company. TJ says she won't be able to show her face because of her personality. TR tells her brother to make it so the two won't meet, since "Oppa, you like BR, right?" TJ doesn't say anything and walks away.

To TR's credit, she really does the role of supportive girlfriend well (she's not even too pushy... yet?) After finding out about BH from her brother, she takes YC to dinner and takes him for a drive while asking him to nap. As he sleeps, he calls out to a figure "Boon-Hong ah!" but sees BR's face when she turns around. He wakes up in shock. TR has brought him home by then.

She presents him with a painting of herself (done by the street artist in the previous ep). She hopes he'll remember her face by looking at it every day. She's surprised to see that "Smiling Girl" painting is no longer hanging in his living room, and YC says "There's another face I should remember", which pleases TR. He promises to put up the painting of her later. 

YC sleeps again after she leaves. When he wakes, he sees TR's painting, and goes to look for "Smiling Girl" in his storage. He caresses the image of BH, shedding tears as he apologizes for being unable to remember her face.

---------

On the other side, TJ has met BR to speak to her about her plans. He tries to offer his help, but she rejects his pity, especially since she's in a mess of her own making. TJ looks stung by her words. As he drops her off at home, he seems to come to a conclusion. He gets out and tells BR, "It wasn't pity." He says that he plans to keep in touch with her, and "I think I like you." BR is stunned. TJ says she doesn't have to reply him yet. 

-------------

Bo-Ra writes Yoo-Chan an email to apologise and explain everything. BH told her about her loves - her books, and YC. Bo-Ra says in her email: "Boon-Hong unni's favourite book became my favourite book, and the person/people she liked became person/people I liked." YC remembers all the different times BR made him laugh, the time when he had been tempted to kiss her, and her drunken confession from the party. He remembers "Namhae!" and flashes back to when he had gone to look for Boon-Hong and arrived at BR's family guesthouse.

(Side note: Namhae was also the hometown of Ji-Ho from Because This is My First Life. Is that a thing now? Haha)

The ending scene:

BR leaves her part-time job at a petrol station and walks by the noodle house. She calls herself pathetic for hoping to see YC. As she waits to cross a road, a familiar motorcycle pulls up. She crosses slowly as the light turns green, looking straight at YC as he pulls up his visor on his helmet. YC stares right back at her, betraying no sign of recognition. BR stops and they stare at each other, each perhaps hoping for the other to make a move. Then the lights turn, and YC speeds off. BR is stunned, and her tears fall.

She crosses the road as the lights turn again. As she nears the pavement, there is the sound of a motorcycle coming close. This time, YC comes to a stop in front of her. He gets off and stalks over to her, "Kim Bo-Ra!"

YC: I can't recall anything else but your face. No matter how hard I try to shake it off... only your face. I only remember your face.

Preview: 

YC: This contract never happened.

TJ: There's no other way besides this.

YC: You're right. But this is not the way I work.

Mr. Nam? (not sure what title to use): If you can't persuade him, then there's no other way aside from forcing him out of the president position.  

BR: I'm working here again as of today.

YC: Don't be concerned about her. It's nothing.

TR: But it's not true that it's nothing.

YC: There's somewhere I need to go for a few days (probably Namhae with BR)

TR: 6 years ago, we didn't meet because you went to Namhae. Is this fate?

11 hours ago, angelflower said:

I'm surprised this drama isn't more popular, given how big EXO is. I heard good things about the J-drama, and I like Ha Yeon-Soo (from Monstar) which is what made me check this out. And I'm addicted!

I can't say that Suho's acting is the best; you can definitely tell he's green and sometimes comes across as overacting, but I guess he's mostly decent. All the other characters are good though (e.g. the layered relationship with Mi-So and Do-jin, and the friendship between Bo-ra and Mi-so). I can tell that there's some variations while keeping to the original story. Kinda worried about Tae-joo's character... hopefully he won't turn as evil since he seems like a nicer guy (I'm only assuming since I didn't watch the J-version). 

I was reluctantly admitting that Tae-ra was cool in her direct approach with Yoo-Chan, her overall demeanour too. But that's falling away with the preview showing her telling her brother to keep Bo-ra away from YC. 

AHHHH I'm so excited for later!

I decided to watch this drama out of curiosity & fell in love with the leads.  Although, Suho is still a work in progress he's still enjoyable to watch.  There's just something about him that draws you in despite his acting flaws.   I love how the story is progressing & glad that it is not 100% copy of the JDrama version.   

How to wait for 1 week?! :cold_sweat:   

@coffeenook, do you honestly like how the story is progressing?  I’m actually getting turned off because he is still dating MTR, even though he’s obviously more interested in KBR.  But he treats KBR so mean......I hope she’s gives him a bad time when he realizes his true feelings for her, that dummy!  I’m one who doesn’t like angst, so I don’t like what’s happening right now.

Hi everyone, I just started watching this and am now hooked.  I love it so far.  I really like YC and BR.  Although I don't like YC dating TR and not accepting that he has feelings for BR.  That, of course, will change soon.  I am also afraid that TC will end up being the bad guy since he also likes BR and had given his all to YC.  I sure hope he doesn't change because I really like him too.  Happy to share this drama with you all.

1 hour ago, auntyem said:

@coffeenook, do you honestly like how the story is progressing?  I’m actually getting turned off because he is still dating MTR, even though he’s obviously more interested in KBR.  But he treats KBR so mean......I hope she’s gives him a bad time when he realizes his true feelings for her, that dummy!  I’m one who doesn’t like angst, so I don’t like what’s happening right now.

I mean this is typical stuff for a drama, we still have 8 episodes left

@angelflower. Thank you so much for your recaps! I love them! 

Why! Why?!! Why?!! Yoo Chan still meets with Te Ra?!! He defently likes Bo Ra but still can’t admit his owns feelings towards her! It’s not very honest for Te Ra as well! Usually episode 9 is a kiss episode for most Korean dramas but I’m not sure that we are going to see it! Anyway the prewiev doesn’t show it at all. But we had 3!!! kisses between Yoo Chan and Te Ra:bawling:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpHhRhNhX3yeFApoGP2gkimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYDCFVqTb9YAfDiZibYkz images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5xfe2tU2LLE6t8QPZIDV

She may not be his first love...                           But she is the first face he remembers...           Always on his mind...

21 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@dramaninja  Thanks for the video of one my old time favorte songs.. It was plesant to listen to while reading the comments..

I think TR will show her rich brat syndrome any time now..

I too wish to thank @dramaninja for that song it was perfect and @sava2sava is so right it made reading the posts so relaxing that I read them twice...  dramaninja feel free to add songs anytime you want bring um on!!!

I also agree with sava2save about TR she is about to show herself and it isn't going to be pretty!!  :confounded:

@Pam_Van Fossen Glad to see you joined us here Chingu WELCOME!543814236f745ad2bf584f29f3b45a5b--swag-g

1527935564_maxresdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrXy8Pv_susjghZK99JrA

Now that I think about it I think that TJ may show a different side of himself too...

In that he seems to be running the day to day operations of the company but in truth doesn't have the inventing talent that YC was born with and as we know seems to be absorbed with, that is other than BH's memories.  TJ just confessed his feelings and I remember him defending himself and his position in the company to BR earlier that for some reason felt odd to me.  I have mixed feelings about him mainly because he seems so loving yet so lost... 

I also wonder and want to see YC's reaction when he realizes BR and he had met before...  I think his relationship with TR is an act of self preservation in that he may or may not know he doesn't have feelings for her.  At least not the kind she has for him.  Yet inside he knows BR is moving his heart and with that comes a sense of fear and maybe even betrayal to BH and their memories.  His heart being stirred in that he can't wrap his mind around or deal with so he allows TR to manipulate him in a way. 

That is until he finally shouts it to BR in the street something that even surprised him.  That he could see and remember BR's face.  Something he has never done.  Maybe that is proof that what he is feeling seeing her face so clearly even when she isn't even there.  Isn't just about love.  Because for someone like himself where his mind can't seem to focus on feelings or emotions when it's always so full of ideas, problems and answers.  How shocking it would be to for once be so focused on BR's face he can't even think or sleep for the truth is it's not just her face its everything she is. She makes him laugh and feel happy and what would seem normal to most is unique to him. In realizing how she changed his world and entered his dreams...

I just realized you know whats better than reading posts with music in the background?  Writing while listening to it!:blush:

Archived