[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

0ly40

19 hours ago, celebrianna said:

For those who have watched the Japanese version,

Hide contents

It seems like TJ really hates YC. Why is that? Surely not just because of BR, right?

In the jap version :

Spoiler

TJ feel like he was the one that was controling YC and that Next innovation only "worked" because of him controling YC.

Then, his sister arrive and tell him he is a great number 2. Everyone tell him he is a great number 2 and that bother him more and more.

Then the guy who got fired (don't know his name in the korean version) tell TJ that YC is the great one and TJ is only a side kick scared of YC.

Then with the invidual file job, BR help YC by making him understand that it must be user friendly for the people that doesn't know how to use computer and are not geek genius but TJ doesn't see it. YC tell him he is disapointed in him for the first time.

He want to prove that he doesn't need YC more than anything and he could be number 1.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The episode just ended. Fast paced, as expected since things had to get a move along. YC is letting more of his human side show, which just boggles the mind of those who wanted to bring him down. They try to provoke a rise out of him, but he leaves them hanging with a stab to their hearts. We're at the end bits of Ep 9 and parts of Ep 10 in the Jap version now.

Preview for Episode 15 first:

Reporter: The reveal of the current Next-In president, MTJ as the culprit behind the personal data leak incident has come as a great shock...

Dir. Nam: It would be nice if you'd return to Next-In.

BR: You want to go back, right?

YC: Well, Next-In was my everything. 

YC: So, be on my side.

MS: You're meeting the congresswoman? (The Vice Minister lady who was going into politics before)

DJ: You weren't going back to Next-In?

BR: It's too difficult to be with him because he's too great and amazing.

YC: I always saw you when I looked down from here.

YC: I wanted to ask you to come back.

Episode 14 Recap:

Starts with ending scene from before. BR starts writing everything about the BF interface project down. YC leaves and sits in his dark room, thinking about all the people who left him. He cries.

The next morning, he walks into the office and sees what BR left. The preview part is here - BR wrote "I will never go and leave you behind. Trust me. I believe in you." He thinks, "1 week? I only need 4 days." He starts programming, ripping off the papers as he completes part by part. He flips BR's photo frame back up. BR comes in to the office (probably after days) to find a USB on her desk.

The new interface is presented by Taesan's side at the meeting, and it only took half the cost. The lady minister is pleased. BF team from Next-In wants to try it out, and they marvel at the user-friendliness and intuitiveness of the interface. TJ is curious as to the developer as Taesan doesn't have this kind of talent. Suddenly the screen freezes and the team discovers an Easter egg - their faces along with their names dance out with a slogan, "We'll change the world." The three of them smile in recognition.

BR happily tells YC that his design has been approved, although it's credited to Taesan. YC is fine with it. He returns to find the BF team back in his office. DJ wants to join in, and declares YC as the president, while he's vice president haha. They think of a name for their new company, and BR does her hand dancing gesture at YC. YC says "Dancing Whale" and everyone agrees. They actively start working on their BF project again. YC talks to BR (like in the preview), "It doesn't matter if you're trustworthy or not now. I've decided to trust you. So you take responsibility for me." BR nods happily.

At Next-In, TJ hears of the team's resignation from Dir. Nam. He goes into problem solving mode, thinks to hire new people and mentions the finances. Dir. Nam cuts his off and says that's his job. He tells TJ to think of new projects, and to make something "fun and interesting." Hmm... sounds familiar, doesn't it? Dir. Nam says back then when YC and TJ started their projects, they had such an infectious energy that he had a lot of fun too, even when their work seemed unpractical. TJ asks, "Is the work I do so boring?" Dir. Nam tells him to look at his own face, and says he should have stopped TJ instead of YC.

TJ meets his dad, who tells him to bring Next-In and merge with Taesan.

He meets TR in a pub. TR asks about the company since she heard about her father's request. TJ doesn't answer, and she is disappointed that this is what it has become. She says that she is closing her gallery and intends to leave; she hates everything including running into TJ. She tells him that she saw YC the other day, and she saw that he could be jealous too. TJ asks about her feelings for YC, and she returns the question about BR. She says that it wasn't love for both of them, but possessiveness. She tells TJ not to touch BR, since she's all that YC has left. TJ asks angrily, "What about me?"

TR reveals that she told YC everything that they did, but it turned out that he already knew. She says they can't even beg for forgiveness, because YC doesn't want them anymore, they're finished. TJ orders her to leave and never to show up in front of him again.

Episode 14 Recap (continued):

BR briefs YC on the people he's meeting, and social courtesies like bowing and speaking in jeondaemal. They present an app called "CARE app" to some doctors at a hospital. It helps patients navigate their way, beeping when there are obstacles. The doctors are impressed, especially when YC says it's free. They only want their app to be made known to the patients, and BR says they are collecting user data. She bows and kicks YC to do the same, which he does. 

After they leave, YC grumbles at the hard work they're putting in marketing their products, and for free. BR believes people will eventually pay them since his apps are good and useful. She says that TJ did all this legwork for him previously before catching herself. YC asks her how did he score, and BR says 75. He's shocked at the low score, and she says he was still arrogant and tells him not to think that he's so special since everyone lives like that.

MS texts DJ about making another appointment. DJ calls YC out and presents his dilemma to him. He says, "For example, imagine if you slept with BR one day and..." YC shuts down that line of questioning LOL. DJ tells him about MS and the baby, and YC agrees that the only viable solution in their situation is abortion. DJ is frustrated since he actually wants to be convinced otherwise. YC wonders why DJ is telling him all this, and DJ says employers need to listen to their employees' concerns and try to help.

DJ and MS are at the hospital. DJ asks to see the ultrasound again. He walks out when MS is called for her examination. He paces outside, caught with indecision. Finally he runs back inside and sees the baby scan with MS. They see the baby moving and hears his/her heartbeat.

They walk quietly out. MS declares that she's decided to keep the baby, and only asks that he pay half the living expenses. DJ throws out marriage as the solution, which offends MS. MS doesn't know why they should marry if they don't like each other. DJ says he liked her. MS asks why didn't he hold on to her, and he says, how could he when he was jobless and almost homeless? He told her to wait but she didn't. He says she should have held on. They both accuse each other of turning around and dating other people quickly. Hurt, MS walks off and almost gets hit by a motorcycle (DJ thinks it's the same one that almost hit him lol). DJ quickly grabs her, and MS finally breaks down and cries. They finally throw everything out in the open and have an honest talk. DJ suggests marriage again sincerely, and MS agrees.They hug it out and DJ promises to give her a proper proposal and everything. Aww.

YC gets a call from the police saying that they found the culprit who leaked the personal data. YC meets Mr. Go in the interrogation room. He knows that there is someone else from within the company who passed him the data. Mr. Go doesn't rat out TJ and expresses his hurt from YC. He wanted to ruin him just as YC ruined him. He said that YC was the one who gave him a dream and took it away, 7 years of hard work. YC apologizes for not knowing his situation. He tells Mr. Go that he'll rebuild his company and hire him again if he wants, and he promises that he'll not let him go first another time. Mr. Go is affected by this as YC leaves the room.

Episode 14 Recap (continued):

YC strolls into Next-In, which is deserted on the weekend except TJ who is brooding. YC says he came from meeting Mr. Go at the police station. TJ asks what he is implying and denies that he had any part in the personal data leak. YC looks disappointed.

YC: "TJ-hyung, how did we become like this? When did we start to go wrong? I guess I must have done great wrong to you. But I wonder if you were ever on my side."

TJ is incensed and says they must have gone wrong after he held it in for years and finally couldn't hold it in anymore. He rages at YC, saying that he held on even though his efforts were never recognised, scoffing that YC's become so sentimental all of a sudden and tries to provoke him into admitting that he wants revenge. YC asks, "If I change, will you be able to back to when you liked me?" He glances at the repainted blank wall, and walks away as TJ struggles to find his composure.

Back at Dancing Whale, they talk about YC's going to the police and BR tells them all to keep smiling at YC when he returns. He comes in to a sea of smiles lol. The wall has a slogan saying "We will never leave." He assures them that he's fine. The team nervously gather to present a game that they were working on to YC. YC tries it out and in his old style, throws it on the table, declaring it rubbish. Everyone deflates and Team Leader Jang tries to argue that the game is in trend. YC says that the concept is good but there is no selling point that stands out from the crowd. Steve mutters that he's rude as ever lol. BR asks if they should throw it out then, but YC says they can all work on it together to improve it. Wow... improvement. 

He starts distributing jobs to each one of them, pointing and calling their names. Everyone is happily surprised... "You can recognise us now?!" YC comes to realise it at the same time. DJ stands up hopefully and YC looks at him, "Who are you?" LOL. DJ gives him the stinky eye.

After another marketing meeting, YC shakes everyone's hands and calls them by name. He even bows before BR does. As they take the bus back, YC asks for his score again. BR says it's 89 this time. YC is indignant since he was almost perfect, but BR says it felt forced and unlike him. YC mumbles that she's hard to please. 

YC tells BR that he realised he had lived only thinking of himself all this while. He was never afraid to fail because even if he did, it affected only himself. But now he wants to be better for the people who came to him. BR praises him, saying that he's the coolest now than ever before. They doze off, and BR's head falls on his shoulder. YC nods sleepily before resting his head on hers too.

-End of episode-

47779830ba26406cb3869c431e4ed0b3.png?x=bagwa-7.png

preview.jpeg  

Greed, selfishness and jealousy can destroy everything in it's path including yourself...

There was so much in episode 13 that was so valuable to write about and it's the very reason I can post about it only today.  Although late in watching it in the first place...

There is something to be said for losing so much and yet having someone so precious still beside you.  Yet for YC it wasn't just in losing something it was the betrayal of a brother who meant much more than a friend. Someone he trusted and believed in, that stung his heart so badly and left it and him numb.  A pain that is so sharp it cuts to the bone and leaves you in doubt of everything and everyone you once believed...

In another corner of this drama is MS & DJ who go to the hospital only to have their feelings tested by a photo, a pregnant ladies words and the idea and seed that she planted within their minds without even knowing.  Her words about the racing of a babies heartbeat growing within.  I loved the way in which the writer not only delayed it in a natural way but also later.   When DJ's own heart starts to race out of sudden shock and feels his own heart that seed began to grow.  So much so that he heard a babies cry and had a daydream of his own.  MS standing there with their child wrapped safely within her arms bouncing him and the sound of the word Dad... Dad... Daddy is right here...

That moment didn't just tug at my heart it pulled hard right down to my soul...

Maybe it's because of my faith and who knows maybe the writers too...

But as we heard earlier somethings that seem to be about fate are in fact the will of God...

I was surprised in my actual sadness while watching their company board the heart, center, idea and purpose a kind of living and breathing piece of each of them created and developed from their beginning being white washed.  As if it were nothing and meant nothing while those workers stood there watching helpless in a kind of disbelief as their own names, history and memories were being erased as if they too meant nothing.

TJ is full of himself at the moment believing he has everything going for him.  Power, money and the company but even more the attention he always wanted and in his mind thought he deserved for just himself.  Yet they say what goes around comes around and I believe he is starting to realize that you may have the company but it's just a hollow shell without the man whose hard work, ideas and natural talent are what gave that company success and breathed life into it and it's workers... 

You can have it all and still not have what it takes...

tumblr_nomml17XKr1u8yw5ao1_500.gif.0900d The Boys Are Back In Town....

Couldn't find a good picture of the 3 guys coming back...Dd9idU4VAAo0_S0.jpg:large&key=b9e5b16734

But I loved when they realized it was YC's work and left Nexit and joined him in creating a new company... :blush:

The birth of DANCING WHALE...

" We will do whatever we make money with...  But we do not sell our SOULS..."

mqdefault.jpg

" I Believe In You "

In my heart she responds I believe in us...

Spoiler

d69821b7785bc465a055ba5b9f20822f.png5e6ffabc13ce4dbeaf39a0f335f2162b.png?x=b

BR gave YC someone to really trust and believe in...

His situation gave him the ability to see not only peoples faces for the first time...

Even more important the ability to look even closer at himself, his life and his own face too...

That no matter whose fault when pointing a finger at others there are always three pointing back at you...

On 6/24/2018 at 7:34 PM, USAFarmgirl said:

Greed, selfishness and jealousy can destroy everything in it's path including yourself...

There was so much in episode 13 that was so valuable to write about and it's the very reason I can post about it only today.  Although late in watching it in the first place...

There is something to be said for losing so much and yet having someone so precious still beside you.  Yet for YC it wasn't just in losing something it was the betrayal of a brother who meant much more than a friend. Someone he trusted and believed in, that stung his heart so badly and left it and him numb.  A pain that is so sharp it cuts to the bone and leaves you in doubt of everything and everyone you once believed...

In another corner of this drama is MS & DJ who go to the hospital only to have their feelings tested by a photo, a pregnant ladies words and the idea and seed that she planted within their minds without even knowing.  Her words about the racing of a babies heartbeat growing within.  I loved the way in which the writer not only delayed it in a natural way but also later.   When DJ's own heart starts to race out of sudden shock and feels his own heart that seed began to grow.  So much so that he heard a babies cry and had a daydream of his own.  MS standing there with their child wrapped safely within her arms bouncing him and the sound of the word Dad... Dad... Daddy is right here...

That moment didn't just tug at my heart it pulled hard right down to my soul...

Maybe it's because of my faith and who knows maybe the writers too...

But as we heard earlier somethings that seem to be about fate are in fact the will of God...

I was surprised in my actual sadness while watching their company board the heart, center, idea and purpose a kind of living and breathing piece of each of them created and developed from their beginning being white washed.  As if it were nothing and meant nothing while those workers stood there watching helpless in a kind of disbelief as their own names, history and memories were being erased as if they too meant nothing.

TJ is full of himself at the moment believing he has everything going for him.  Power, money and the company but even more the attention he always wanted and in his mind thought he deserved for just himself.  Yet they say what goes around comes around and I believe he is starting to realize that you may have the company but it's just a hollow shell without the man whose hard work, ideas and natural talent are what gave that company success and breathed life into it and it's workers... 

You can have it all and still not have what it takes.

@USAFarmgirl. everything you post touches my heart.  You have a way of understanding and expressing the essence of every drama and making it come to light.  I love reading what you write.  You have the ability to open hearts and provide insight into the lives of each character.  Thank you so much for sharing with us.

@Pam_Van Fossen  I have enjoyed being on more than one thread with you and I am touched just as much because of you and others believe me.  So thankful for your warm and kind words that encourage and inspire me.  For it is I too who is thankful to be among you...

71039a77ac2647e53c3083c9047ed591.pngimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM-B5TaVrreGdPa551HAp

20 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

They really going with the last episode kiss and the next episode she looks to be running way for most of it.

They really mess up the ratio of romance for them I have no idea what the writers were thinking.

Well, having the kiss in the last episode pretty much matches up with what happened in the original Japanese version, so I sort of expected that actually lol.

Archived