[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

0ly40

Episode 11 Recap (continued):

TJ comes to YC's office and unleashes his discontent. He says that calming the angry investors should have been his priority, that he shouldn't have mentioned Big File. He says that he was wrong in giving YC free rein to do everything all this while, in thinking that even though he couldn't, YC could. He says that he should have held on to Taesan even if he hated it, and knelt in apology to the shareholders. He says that YC always makes unnecessary things, which is why the data leak happened (WHAT. YOU were the leak.) He says that YC will the one who will ruin Big File. He repeats that YC is a kid who only thinks of himself, whose time stopped at the moment his mother left him at the amusement park. TJ is literally trembling with anger.

TJ exits, running into BR who comes in. He goes back into his office, collects himself. He looks at the dropping shares and orders a bookie to buy all the shares he can.

BR stands behind YC, offering him a handkerchief. YC reflects that the money that came in quickly also left quickly. He admits that he is a kid, and that Big File was his childhood dream. He thought that if everyone shared their information, he'd be able to find all the people he lost - his mum, BH. He scoffs at his child-like fantasy, since both of them are no longer there to find. BR doesn't know what to say to comfort him.

It's time for a meeting with the lady minister. YC sends BR in his place, since he's not fit for any meeting now. He watches her leave with TJ. At the meeting, the minister suggests that Big File be cancelled, but TJ persuades her to give them another chance. She says that they have to submit a report by the next day. TJ gets ready to go but the minister wants to speak to BR alone. She tells BR that she's quitting her post soon to run for office. She invites BR to be on her team. 

BR calls MS who's whining from hunger and pain. BR says she'll be late. MS tries asking the nurse for painkillers, but the nurse says she can't since MS is 2 months pregnant. LOL WHAT.

TJ works on the report with BR at the office. BR is relieved that TJ seems to have returned to his usual self, and she says that she was worried his friendship with YC would be broken. TJ says that he'll be stuck with him forever (hmmmmm). BR says she's envious that YC has someone like him by his side. TJ comments that she has him too. 

YC broods at home. He eats his last dessert cup and thinks of how BR made him laugh.

TJ apologizes to BR for the hug the other day, but he asks her to reconsider accepting his feelings. BR repeats that she wants to maintain the status quo. TJ tells her that YC will soon leave with TR. BR misses YC's call!

YC is disappointed, "You said to call you whenever. Liar." Then his doorbell rings. He opens it with a smile only to drop it when it is TR with a bottle of champagne. She tries to cheer him up with her 3 good news, although YC is mostly just getting through them with nary a smile. She offers herself, saying that she's staying the night. YC's phone rings but she stops him from answering. She kisses him.

His phone rings again, showing "Pabo." ARGH.

- End of episode - 

*bedtime to forget about all this*

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame those who want to drop this drama at this point. The writer is at fault here for ruining such a beautiful japanese drama! I don't know what the writer was thinking when he/she thought of giving tae ra that much screen time and FOUR kissing scenes ! Plus all those skinships ! If I didn't watch the jdrama, I would have thought that the writer wants yoo chan and tae ra to end up together. Honestly, this drama started well until that episode where The "goddess" min tae ra showed up. From then on, all her scenes didn't make sense for the whole plot of this drama. If you have time, watch the jdrama to find out what I'm talking about. Instead of giving all those scenes with YC and TR, why not use it to develop the "big file" plot better? That was VERY important in the original. Here it feels too rushed and disorganized. I will wait until episode 16 to see if it's worth finishing. I couldn't take seeing Hyuga and Makoto's love story being ruined this way. 

I think we will all be a little happier after tomorrow's episode.  I believe YC will push TR away and not have her spend the night.  I believe it ended the way it did in today's episode just to keep us wondering.  (Which was also very upsetting.)  We all know YC loves BR, he just hasn't realized it yet.  The preview shows TR saying she will help TJ with the betrayal which also lets us know that YC must have turned her down.

I noticed that during YC and TR's argument early in the episode, she started to take down her portrait since he wouldn't be needing it anymore and he stopped her.  Then the next evening, when she showed up at his house, I noticed the portrait was no longer above the book shelf, so he must have taken it down after she left.  

YC has only had himself to rely on for years and had no one to love or care for him.  He only focused on himself and his work.  Now he has two women who say they like him.  BR makes him laugh and he is happier when he is with her and can actually relax and be himself.  Being with TR is  boring and not what he really wants.  I think TR is forcing him to make a decision and she is not going to like his response.  

Don't give up on this drama.  It will all work out for YC and BR in the end.  You can't buy love and that is what TR and TJ are trying to do.  Even if YC loses everything it won't change BR's feelings for him.  

41 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I think we will all be a little happier after tomorrow's episode.  I believe YC will push TR away and not have her spend the night.  I believe it ended the way it did in today's episode just to keep us wondering.  (Which was also very upsetting.)  We all know YC loves BR, he just hasn't realized it yet.  The preview shows TR saying she will help TJ with the betrayal which also lets us know that YC must have turned her down.

I noticed that during YC and TR's argument early in the episode, she started to take down her portrait since he wouldn't be needing it anymore and he stopped her.  Then the next evening, when she showed up at his house, I noticed the portrait was no longer above the book shelf, so he must have taken it down after she left.  

YC has only had himself to rely on for years and had no one to love or care for him.  He only focused on himself and his work.  Now he has two women who say they like him.  BR makes him laugh and he is happier when he is with her and can actually relax and be himself.  Being with TR is  boring and not what he really wants.  I think TR is forcing him to make a decision and she is not going to like his response.  

Don't give up on this drama.  It will all work out for YC and BR in the end.  You can't buy love and that is what TR and TJ are trying to do.  Even if YC loses everything it won't change BR's feelings for him.  

I agree with you on this point. I think tonight's episode will be a major episode and we will be able to see where this drama is actually going. Luckily I have watched the J drama earlier and I know how things will turn out. I kinda expected the episode to end with kiss scene between lyc and mtr. The only mistake the writer did here is dragging the whole lyc mtr thing. Four kisses were really unnecessary and especially the relationship. But I am going to give the writer one last chance since for the past few episodes he has been following J drama I am 100% sure lyc will push mtr and that's when they will officially break up. That would trigger mtr to hurt lyc and then we will have rest of the episodes with br helping yc get back on track and his feelings for br developing. 

@RobinM @bebebisous33 @skinnyjeans So I am saying we should hold on for one more episode and see where this drama is going. Once lyc and mtr are over I am sure we will be getting all heart fluttering episodes. So *fingers crossed* on tonight's episode hope the writer nim doesn't ruin it or else this drama will officially be doomed to me.

Lastly,  @angelflower Thank you so much for the recaps :D

@turtlegirl I have watched evergreen too os and yr deserved better *sobs in corner*.

@jgismyking, very good post.  after reading your comments, i had the urge to check on the japanese version after nearly 6 years.  I watched it when it was airing.  I loved it but kind of disappointed when Natsui-Hyuga did not have much kiss scenes.  now,  i am super loving the japanese version than the korean version.  I understand from some viewers complaining about more screen time for MTR and kiss scenes bet YC and TR.  Such a waste of time, is it not??????  

I want to drop this drama too.  But i like Suho very much.  since this  drama seem to me like a flop, i gave a try of his webdrama Star of the Universe.  he was so adorable in that drama.   I dont want to give up on this drama.  writernim, chaebalyo, improve your writing and give more screen time to our main couple.  fighting!!!!!!

After the 11th episode I made up my mind-I love the Japanese version.

Explain me someone please why the second female lead has so much screen time, skinship and kisses with Yoo Chan? It gives the feeling that Bo Ra is not the main female lead at all. 

To be honest the last kiss between Tae Ra and Yoo Chan was really hot. So writers please-just let them stay together because this drama is not Rich man poor woman-you made the different drama where the second female lead became the main. So so frustrating!

9 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

Explain me someone please why the second female lead has so much screen time, skinship and kisses with Yoo Chan? It gives the feeling that Bo Ra is not the main female lead at all.

I know, right?! Exactly that's on my mind too. I wonder why TR has more screen time than BR, and I wonder how Korean netizen react to this like how we react. I feel bad with the actress who plays BR though.

How was today's episode everyone? Looks like YC found out about betrayal. YC and BR seems to have taken a selfie in this episode :wub:.

I am more curious about YC and TR did they end it already? 

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

Episode 13 Preview

The preview look good. Looks like we will be getting more of otp now. But the end part I think YC will misunderstand BR.

I guess today was better? since there's no way it could actually get worse. The typhoon passes through the entire episode, and everything is practically the same with the J-version I almost feel like I'd be repeating the recaps that I read. We still gotta wait more for any real progress on the romance front though... the good news is YC and TR are broken up!! WHOOP! 

Preview for next week first (Episode 13):

BR holds up a poster "Let's try (Bo-Ra) making something fun!" 

DJ: Just think of this as your own office and use it comfortably for the time being.

YC: I have nothing I want to make.

BR: You won't be Lee Yoo-Chan if you lose like this. You must stand up again. Aja!

TJ: The interface overlaps? (like with another product maybe)

Dir. Nam: Don't make me regret standing on Min Tae-Joo's side.

TR: Don't touch Bo-Ra. She's the only one/thing Yoo-Chan has left.

TJ: You can come back any time you want, since your spot is still there. 

YC: Go back to Next-In. (Even) You will eventually leave anyway.

Episode 12 Recap:

The ending parts of yesterday's episode start today's, on both sides. BR takes her leave from TJ, and sees YC's missed call. She calls him back, but of course he's busy at the moment.

The next morning, BR visits MS and finds out about her pregnancy. She argues that MS cannot make decisions by herself and DJ must know of the baby. In the meantime, DJ is still with his playboy ways, flirting with a barista in a cafe. BR calls and tells him. (Oh, and MS was admitted due to appendicitis last ep).

We see YC lying on the pyung-sang (? the Korean low platform wood table/bed thing they have in their front garden). Ooo, means TR's not here.

People are resigning at Next-In, as the Big File (BF) team watches. They wonder when YC will return with a solution. BR decides to go to his house after he doesn't answer her calls.

When YC sees BR, he just calls her a liar again. BR says she called him back. YC flashes back to what happened with TR last night. He had broken off the kiss, "You're right. Nothing will change with this." TR asks if he is sure she's not the one. YC says it's his problem, "This is the best I can do." TR leaves. Back in the present, BR promises to always pick up his calls from now on.

She asks about his plans and YC wonders if she wants him to tell irresponsible lies just to placate everyone. BR says he should, since not everyone is his enemy and some people might be on his side, citing LJY at the shareholders meeting, herself, TJ and the BF team. YC is convinced, and rises to go back to the office. 

He greets all their shocked faces, and says he has a solution. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief. YC meets TJ and Dir. Nam, saying that he'll offer the affected users compensation, out of his own pocket by selling off the remainder of his shares. Both of them protest and offer to share it, but YC again adamantly says he'll take responsibility by himself (dammit. I mean TJ is being villainous now, but you can see YC figuratively stabbing him every time he says something like this.) 

TJ and YC stand in front of their founding wall. YC asks if he was wrong. TJ says that sentence in the preview, "It's hard to tell. But this is your company. What you choose must be right." They fist bump, but TJ's face hardens when he turns away.

At the pub, Dir. Nam asks if TJ is moving on with his plan. TJ tells him to call a board meeting. Dir. Nam agrees with a heavy heart, confirming with TJ that this is the only way to save the company. TR calls TJ and says she's onboard as well.

Episode 12 Recap (continued):

DJ visits a very hungry MS, who cannot eat till she has passed gas after her surgery. They talk outside - MS says she'll pick a date and asks DJ to find a hospital and pay the fees. As DJ turns to leave, he questions MS since they only "did it once" - MS takes off her slippers and whacks him, telling him to leave. She finally passes gas as she hits him, to her embarrassment.

Back at Next-In, everyone watches as YC announces on TV about his compensation plans. TJ wonders why he did something so unlike himself, and YC reveals that BR advised him that he has to do things he dislikes sometimes to protect people important to him. They head off to the board meeting. YC presents his plans for BF as the solution to regain their reputation. 

Before they can vote to proceed or not, Dir. Nam stops and changes the agenda (as TJ planned). He says that the company needs a new leader and proposes to strip YC of his position. The whole time, YC looks at TJ as Dir. Nam but TJ resolutely keeps a poker face. Everyone raises their hand to vote, and TJ finally shows his hand too. 

The employees get wind of what has happened. BR remembers what TJ and TR told her, and realises they must have used their influence in some way. YC leaves in shock.

BR hangs around till late, hoping that YC would return. She stands in front of the founding wall, looking at her name that she wrote before. TJ comes and asks if she's waiting for YC. BR wonders what went wrong between them, and TJ says it's because people change, and he thinks this is best for the situation. He asks if she'll leave since she said she came back to Next-In not because of YC. "But I guess relationships change." He walks off.

BR finds YC at the rooftop of Next-In. He says he wants to sleep under the stars. BR asks what will happen, and if it means he'll be demoted to Vice President, or if he'll be leaving. YC hears that both TJ and TR mentioned to her that he would leave, realising that the siblings planned this. BR says she'll leave if he does since she got scouted as well. YC says he's not going anywhere since Next-In is his everything, and that she should stay too. She asks about TR, and YC tells her about the breakup.

Back home, BR and MS catch up. MS tells her what she plans to do about the baby, and stops BR from saying anything. BR denies she was going to, but ends up saying that the baby was conceived at a time when they both liked each other. MS refuses to be guilt-tripped; she doesn't want a baby to derail her life and blows up at BR not to say it ever again.

The next day at Next-In, the BF team wonder about YC's future in the company. Everyone is fine with him being VP, except Chan-Soo. He reports to YC as he comes in, before realising he shouldn't do that now LOL. YC enters his office and sees a notice on his tablet - he has been fired by TJ. He calls TJ, who doesn't pick up. Downstairs, Dir. Nam asks TJ why he did such a thing, since he thinks YC is needed for BF to proceed. TJ says nothing will change if YC remains.

9 hours ago, Lady_Lara said:

To be honest the last kiss between Tae Ra and Yoo Chan was really hot. So writers please-just let them stay together because this drama is not Rich man poor woman-you made the different drama where the second female lead became the main. So so frustrating!

That seems to be the way k dramas do it.  The second female lead gets way more screen time than the lead.  In the end it is usually the two leads together though.  They like to make us angry to keep us watching for the good part.

Episode 12 Recap (continued):

DJ calls YC to tell him his findings. He suspected ex-employees of Next-In for the data leak, and among them, he found Team Leader Go, who went to Taesan after being fired, but recently took two employees to China and set up a new company there. He sends the information to YC, who sees that the new company was set up by TJ. He finally knows what is going on, and storms off to confront TJ. 

He asks if everything was his doing, since that company has bought all of the shares he sold. TJ acts nonchalant, "What was my doing? Oh right, everything." He snarls that he was the one who found this young'un who had no social skills whatsoever, gave him dreams and set up a company using his capital with him. Basically, he says that he's the one who made YC who he is. YC grabs him in anger, and TJ says he gave him so many chances, "If only you had once said "us", that it wasn't just you who owned everything, I wouldn't have gone this far." TJ tells him to announce his own demotion or resignation to the reporters who have gathered in the lobby.

BR brings a suit to YC and ties his tie for him. She knows that something is wrong, but YC just walks off soundlessly. He announces his departure from Next-In to the shock of all the employees watching. He keeps it short, and walks past TJ who steps up and continues announcing his future plans. YC watches TJ announce that they will be working with Taesan on the BF project.

He heads off to Dir. Nam to gather what he has. Dir. Nam basically tells him that YC has nothing left, and that since BF and everything YC made is company property, he cannot work on them after he leaves. Dir. Nam says that TJ has over 40% of the company shares now, and combined with TR's, he is the majority shareholder. YC realises that TJ has been planning this for some time. Dir. Nam can't believe that he is telling YC all this but when YC asks if the data leak was TJ's doing, Dir. Nam says it can't be since that would be a felony (TJ kept this a secret from TR too). YC shakes in anger when he realises that his precious BF will be taken away. 

He tries to get his files from his computers but his access has been revoked. He storms down and gathers all the employees. He says that he will start again and invites those who are willing to come with him. He calls for Team Leader Jang when no one responds, but he apologizes. He calls for Steve, and finally Chan-Soo (oh no...) who also apologizes that he cannot leave without BF. TJ shows up and tells those who want to go to go, but the company will run as usual and they will be better than before. YC blows up and trashes the things around, shouting that this is his company! He was the one who made all the programmes, prepared the office, everything! He asks brokenly why he is the one who needs to leave. BR watches all this with tears in her eyes. TR has shown up as well, watching from afar. 

TJ comes near and tells him to stop now. YC tells TJ not to bill him for the damages, since he has nothing to pay him with anyway. He slowly walks to the lift. He passes by TR with no acknowledgement and enters the lift. BR shouts out for him to wait and says she'll leave with him. YC stops her from entering the lift, saying that he doesn't want her to see him in this state.

TJ asks BR not to go. BR asks why he ruined what he held dear. TJ said that he realised he didn't need to care since that person didn't treasure him. The lift comes again and BR gets on. TJ tells her not to go, that there was no need for her. She faces TJ and declares, "I like him. So I'll stay by his side." TJ turns back, and TR accuses him, "Oppa, this wasn't the plan." TJ refutes that it was what she wanted.

BR chases YC down and tells him that she's giving up on everything, including working with the minister, to follow him, because that's what her heart is telling her to do. She laughs at her impulsiveness while YC looks at her with a mix of resignation and perhaps kinship? He motions for her to come along, and she asks for a photo first. She says she was envious of the photos on the founding wall because they were part of the company's history. She asks for a photo since it's the first day of them making a new history. She makes him laugh with her dolphin wave, and they take a selfie (exactly like the J-dorama - I watched clips of this scene before haha). 

- End of Episode - 

Yeah finally they broke up. Took you long enough Yoo Chan <_<. Now I am looking forward to their bike ride hopefully we get one .

In J drama I liked the episodes where Makoto was training Hyuga Toru to remember people's name. I am curious how BR will train YC to remember people's face that part would definitely be funny to see BR controlling YC.

MTJ be prepared for your downfall now. They say karma is a bi**h I am sure you will regret what you did to YC soon. It was YC's innovative ideas that made NextIn what it is today. Lets see what you and your old folks come up with. 

Writer nim just like you added two extra kisses for YC and TR compared to original can you also add two extra for YC and BR . Lol I am keeping my expectations low on that but a person can always wish. :D

Archived