Hangul: 리치맨 

Director: Min Doo Sik

Writer: Hwang Jo Yoon

Network: MBN, DramaX

Episodes: 16

Release Date: May 9 to june 28, 2018

Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 23:00

Plot

Lee Yoo-Chan  is the CEO of IT company Next One. He founded the company and it is now the most desirable place to work for young professionals. He is arrogant and does not trust people in general. Lee Yoo-Chan also suffers from an inability to recognize faces.

Kim Bo-Ra was born in the countryside on Jeju Island. She is the pride of her family and famous in her hometown for being smart. She goes to Seoul to attend college and carries her family's high expectations for her. During her last year in college, Kim Bo-Ra experiences difficulties finding her job. Her dream is to work at Next One. Kim Bo-Ra meets Lee Yoo-Chan and their lives change.

Cast

Suho  as Lee Yoo-Chan

Ha Yeon Soo as Kim Bo-Ra

Oh Chang Suk as Min Tae-Joo

Kim Ye Won as Min Tae-Ra

Park Sung Hoon as Cha Do-Jin

Yoon Da Young as Mi-So

Lee Jae Jin as Kang Chan-Soo

Park Hyun Woo as Michael

source: asianwiki

Official site: http://www.mbn.co.kr/pages/vod/programMain.php?progCode=764

http://dramax.ihq.co.kr/richman/

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Resultado de imagen para 리ì¹ë§¨ chart relationships

teasers:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source: asianwiki news

For “Rich Man, Poor Woman.” Ha Yeon-Soo will play Kim Bo-Ra. She was born in the countryside on Jeju Island. Kim Bo-Ra was also famous for being a smart kid in her hometown. She goes to Seoul to attend college and carries her family’s high expectations. Her dream is to work at Next One which is led by Lee Yoo-Chan (Suho) as its CEO. Meanwhile, for supporting characters Kim Ye-Won will play Min Tae-Ra. She owns an art gallery and her older brother is Min Tae-Joo (Oh Chang-Suk). Min Tae-Joo is the co-founder of Next One.

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will first air sometime during the first half of 2018 in South Korea.

Oooh k version of this dorama?  I've watch that 3x.  Suho doing Shun Oguri's role is a no for me. The Suho/exo fans can get mad at me. Not gonna change how I feel.  For the drama fans who hasn't seen this drama, watch and see how you feel.

@stargazer187  Same here. Maybe this  k version will be with a  young setting to have that millennial feel to it.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Rich Man, Poor Woman, 리치맨 푸어우먼 - Suho (EXO), Ha Yeon Soo, Oh Chang Suk - May 2018
  • 3 weeks later...

Remake of Japanese drama Rich Man, Poor Woman heads to MBN, Dramax

by dramabeans

Suho_HaYeonSoo1.jpg

EXO’s Suho (Star of the Universe) and Ha Yeon-soo (Legendary Witches) have been cast to headline a new romance drama called Rich Man, a Korean remake of the J-drama Rich Man, Poor Woman. Is that really the title? How… literal. The series has been picked up for simultaneous broadcast on cable network MBN and streaming platform Dramax, and premieres in May.

The original Japanese drama aired on Fuji TV in 2012, and as you might have guessed, it’s a love story between a filthy rich man and a poor woman. Suho has been cast to play the young geeeeenius programmer and CEO of the massively successful tech company Next One. He sounds like the standard prickly, handsome, wealthy drama hero, except that he has prosopagnosia, or face blindness, which prevents him from recognizing the face of the woman he loves.

Ha Yeon-soo will play an endlessly optimistic young woman who is unemployed and has “a memory like AlphaGo.” She applies for a job at the hero’s company, which is how they’ll meet. Also joining the cast is Oh Chang-seok (Defendant) as Next One’s co-founder and vice president with a mysterious side, and Kim Ye-won (Revolutionary Love) as Oh Chang-seok’s younger sister and gallery curator.

I haven’t seen the original, but it sounds like a light workplace romance akin to I’m Not a Robot without the robots. The casting stories are promising a bickering romance, so there’s definitely potential for some rom-com hijinks in there. Rich Man will be penned by writer Hwang Jo-yoon of Twelve Men in a Year and the movies Rampant, Memoir of a Murderer, Masquerade, and Old Boy, and directed by PD Min Doo-shik of web dramas My Only Love Song and Click Your Heart.

It’ll air on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning May 9.

• 4 weeks later...
Ha Yeon Soo And Oh Chang Suk Bond As Mentee And Mentor In “Rich Man, Poor Woman”

Rich-Man-Poor-Woman-2.jpg

Rich-Man-Poor-Woman-1.jpg

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” is a remake of a 2012 Japanese drama of the same name. It tells the story of Lee Yoo Chan (EXO’s Suho), a genius CEO who seems almost flawless but has face blindness, and Kim Bo Ra (Ha Yeon Soo), an optimistic job-seeker who has an “Alpha Go-like” memory.

In the drama, actor Oh Chang Suk is Min Tae Ju, the co-founder of Next IN with Lee Yoo Chan as well as its vice president. While he has a bickering relationship with Lee Yoo Chan, Min Tae Ju is known as a caring senior to the juniors in their company. A key figure in her acceptance into the company, he becomes a steadfast and dependable senior to the unpredictable Kim Bo Ra.

Newly revealed stills depict the two characters’ mentor-mentee relationship, as Kim Bo Ra looks at Min Tae Ju with trust in her eyes and he responds warmly. Considering his experience and skills, his guidance of the rookie Kim Bo Ra will be something to look forward to seeing in the drama.

Media preview

Spoiler

Media preview

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will premiere on May 9 at 11 p.m. KST and will be available exclusively on Viki!

Source: Soompi

Ha Yeon Soo Brings Clarity To EXO’s Suho’s Life In 1st “Rich Man, Poor Woman” Teaser

EXO-Suho-Ha-Yeon-Soo-1.jpg

Upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Rich Man, Poor Woman” has released their first teaser video!

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” is a remake of the popular 2012 Japanese romantic comedy. It will be the story of genius CEO Lee Yoo Chan (played by EXO’s Suho), who has face blindness (prosopagnosia) and is unable to recognize people, and optimistic job seeker Kim Bo Ra (played by Ha Yeon Soo), who has a memory as good as that of Alpha Go’s.

The first drama teaser was released on April 17 and shows Suho entering a room and stealing the spotlight in a clean-cut suit. He passes by Kim Ye Won and Oh Chang Suk and when he looks at their faces, various screens showing different facial features pop up, reflecting Suho’s inability to recognize people. As the phrase, “In his world that was full of 1’s and 0’s, a change has begun taking place” shows on the screen, Suho looks at Ha Yeon Soo’s face and all of the screens disappear to show her face, hinting at a special relationship between the two.

Spoiler

It will be interesting to find out why Suho is able to see Ha Yeon Soo’s face in its entirety when he has always struggled with other people’s faces. To find out, tune in to the premiere of “Rich Man, Poor Woman,” which will air simultaneously on Dramax and MBN on May 9 at 11 p.m. KST. The drama will also be available exclusively on Viki!

cr

Ha Yeon Soo And EXO’s Suho Have An Intense First Meeting In “Rich Man, Poor Woman”

Ha-Yeon-Soo-EXO-Suho.jpg

Upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Rich Man, Poor Woman” has shared new stills of the intense first meeting between EXO’s Suho and Ha Yeon Soo!

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will be a remake of the popular 2012 Japanese drama, and the drama is already being met with a great response from those excited to see how Suho and Ha Yeon Soo will reimagine the drama.

The new stills show how things don’t start off on the greatest note for the two as they exchange fiery gazes. This is a far cry from the first teaser video, where the two shared a sweet moment together. Lee Yoo Chan (Suho) has a strong charisma emanating from him but Kim Bo Ra (Ha Yeon Soo) is just as determined to not be the one who folds. With a rocky road laid out in front of them, it will be interesting to see how their story will unfold.

The production staff of “Rich Man, Poor Woman” stated, “This is an important scene that will signal the start of the drama, and knowing that, Suho and Ha Yeon Soo worked very hard to prepare for it,” and “They naturally melted into their respective characters to create the perfectly tense moment between Yoo Chan and Bo Ra. Their bickering will be a fun dynamic to watch.”

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will be the healing romance between genius CEO Lee Yoo Chan, who is perfect in every way except that he suffers from face blindness (prosopagnosia) and can’t recognize people, and optimistic job seeker Kim Bo Ra, who has a memory that rivals that of Alpha Go. Their drama will air simultaneously on Dramax and MBN, and the first episode will air on May 9 at 11 p.m. KST. It will also be available exclusively on Viki.

cr

Wish many ppl could join this drama thread, it somewhat looks 'so quiet' :sweatingbullets:

----

EXO’s Suho Talks About How He Prepared For His Role In Upcoming Drama “Rich Man, Poor Woman”

Suho-21.jpg

EXO’s Suho has revealed how he prepared for his starring role in the upcoming drama “Rich Man, Poor Woman.”

In “Rich Man, Poor Woman,” a remake of the 2012 Japanese romantic comedy of the same name, Suho will be taking on the lead role of Lee Yoo Chan, a brilliant, innovative CEO. Both a genius programmer and a creative spirit, Lee Yoo Chan is often referred to as “the Steve Jobs of Korea.”

Suho commented, “After hearing that [the character] was partially based on Steve Jobs, I watched the film [about Steve Jobs]. I also watched the original Japanese drama three times.”

He went on to share, “Additionally, in order to portray Yoo Chan’s charm as an aloof genius, I watched a lot of Robert Downey Jr.’s acting as his ‘Iron Man’ character, and I checked out lots of different productions [during my research].”

When asked about the similarities between his character and his personality in real life, Suho remarked, “Even though Yoo Chan is aloof, he has a cute side as well. He often jokes around, and he can seem a little immature. I also like joking around, so I’ve been especially enjoying filming those scenes [in which Yoo Chan shows his playful side].”

However, the EXO member also pointed out some key differences between him and Yoo Chan. “I’m the type who thinks very carefully about each word I say before I speak,” said Suho. “But Yoo Chan is very direct, and his actions are clear and strong. He seems to spit out his words without hesitation.

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will tell the love story of genius CEO Lee Yoo Chan, who is seemingly perfect in every way except for his prosopagnosia (inability to recognize people’s faces), and Kim Bo Ra (played by Ha Yeon Soo), an optimistic job-seeker with an extraordinary memory.

cr

===

Park Sung Hoon Has Nothing But Praise For “Rich Man, Poor Woman” Co-Star EXO’s Suho

Park-Sung-Hoon-Suho.jpg

Park Sung Hoon recently talked about what it was like to work with EXO’s Suho for “Rich Man, Poor Woman.”

On April 24, Park Sung Hoon took part in an interview about his upcoming drama “Rich Man, Poor Woman,” where he praised Suho for his maturity and dedication. The actor will be appearing in “Rich Man, Poor Woman” as programmer Cha Do Jin who works for the game company Next In.

He shared that the EXO member appeared in the drama as a genius businessman, and that he was his role model. Park Sung Hoon commented, “Even though Suho is younger than me, I thought that there was a lot to learn from him. He’s very sincere, and he has a huge desire to act well. He’s always thinking about or asking advice on how to do better. I really liked that side of him.”

Park Sung Hoon also talked about how Suho was extremely busy, but how his acting was never careless. He continued, “It’s amazing to see him try to convey the character even more. He’s also full of energy. I even jokingly asked him once, ‘Where is all this energy coming from?'”

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will air its first episode on May 9. Watch the 2nd Teaser below: 

cr

EXO’s Suho And Ha Yeon Soo Show Funny Chemistry In Teasers For “Rich Man, Poor Woman”

Upcoming drama “Rich Man, Poor Woman” has released teaser clips for EXO’s Suho and actress Ha Yeon Soo.

A remake of a hugely popular Japanese romantic comedy of the same title, the drama follows the relationship between a genius businessman with face blindness (prosopagnosia) and an energetic job-seeker with an extraordinary memory. Suho plays the role of brilliant yet reckless CEO Lee Yoo Chan while Ha Yeon Soo plays Bo Ra, an enthusiastic woman looking for a job.

The teaser clip for Suho begins with the actor coming to work riding a motorbike. As he strides confidently into the building with a smirk, the words “A man who’s 99 percent perfect. The one percent he lacks” appear on the screen followed by Suho’s line, “No such thing.” The words “Manners” immediately pop up next, highlighting Lee Yoo Chan’s arrogance.

Spoiler

The video goes on to introduce Lee Yoo Chan’s face blindness. “I can’t remember anyone’s faces when I close my eyes. They all look the same to me,” Suho says. Ha Yeon Soo also says, “He can’t possibly remember me.”

On the other hand, Ha Yeon Soo’s teaser clip shows the adorable, innocent character of Bo Ra. Suho asks Ha Yeon Soo, “Miss Kim Bo Ra, how much do you cost for a day?” Her funny surprised reactions hints at the light-hearted nature of the drama.

Spoiler

The words “Unspeakable secret” then appear on the screen. Ha Yeon Soo quietly whispers, “It’s all right. He can’t possibly remember me.” Suho’s voice is heard saying, “You don’t have to say you know me first, I’ll recognize you with this.”

cr

=========

Ha Yeon Soo Lights Up The Set Of “Rich Man, Poor Woman” With Her Bright Energy In New Stills

Ha-Yeon-Soo2.jpg

Actress Ha Yeon Soo is looking lovely as an optimistic job-seeker in new stills for “Rich Man, Poor Woman“!

The new Wednesday-Thursday drama is set to begin airing on May 9. Ha Yeon Soo will play the role of Kim Bo Ra, who is very optimistic and has a memory that rivals that of Alpha Go. Thanks to her intelligence and determination, she was the top of her class all throughout high school and was accepted to a top university in Seoul with the highest marks. However, she  stumbles when she faces the harsh realities of trying to get a job.

Ha-Yeon-Soo-1.jpg

Ha Yeon Soo is said to bring an energetic presence to the set every day as she keeps the atmosphere light with her bright smiles and sweet charms. Her passion for her character can be seen by the fact that she also makes sure to be highly focused when it comes time to monitor her work.

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will be a remake of the popular 2012 Japanese drama. The production is set to be a healing romance between genius businessman Lee Yoo Chan (EXO’s Suho), who is perfect in every way except for the fact that he suffers from face blindness (prosopagnosia), and optimistic job-seeker Kim Bo Ra. The drama will premiere on Dramax and MBN on May 9 at 11 p.m. KST and will also be available exclusively on Viki!

cr

EXO’s Suho And Ha Yeon Soo Hint At Their Fated Romance In “Rich Man, Poor Woman” Preview

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” is a remake of the Japanese drama of the same title. This romantic comedy will tell the story of the genius CEO of an IT company named Lee Yoo Chan (played by EXO’s Suho) and an energetic job seeker with impressive memory named Kim Bo Ra (played by Ha Yeon Soo).

Despite his seemingly perfect appearance, Lee Yoo Chan suffers from prosopagnosia, or the inability to recognize people’s faces. The new preview starts with Suho arriving in front of a building on a motorcycle. After checking himself out in the mirror, he strides into the building with a smile and boasts about his innate skills.

Ha Yeon Soo appears and confidently introduces herself at what looks like a job interview. She lists her good memory as her greatest strength before a woman interjects and corrects her that she’s actually the best at being annoyingly hard-working. She then runs into Suho in the lobby and covers her mouth with her hand in shock. In a voiceover, she says, “I know this person,” then adds, “Fine. I’m going to dream. This is an opportunity.”

In contrast to his smug appearance at the beginning, Suho looks puzzled and sad as he sits up in his bed in a different scene. He asks, “Can someone completely disappear from this world?” as he refreshes his phone searching for a name.

The preview also hints at the two characters’ possible past and shows Suho picking out a necklace, stating, “I’m going to recognize you with this. I thought about you every day so that I wouldn’t forget you.”

When he spots the necklace on Ha Yeon Soo in the elevator in what appears to be present-day, he tugs her close and asks, “Who are you?”

“Rich Man, Poor Woman” will premiere on May 9 at 11 p.m. KST and will be available exclusively on Viki!

cr

Archived