Director: Qiang Wu

Broadcast Period: 10/22/2018 - 12/3/2018

Prequel: The Eternal Love 双世宠妃

Cast:

Xing Zhao Lin as Mo Lian Cheng

Liang Jie as Qu Tan Er

Synopsis:

Will they get a second chance at love?

Mo Lian Cheng (Xing Zhao Lin) is the 8th Prince who is still in love with Qu Xiao Tan (Liang Jie). But the problem is that Qu Xiao Tan has no memories of their past together or what the future holds for her.

Can Mo Lian Cheng find a way to make Qu Xiao Tan fall in love with him all over again?

Cr Viki

Click here to watch it on Viki!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2 Viki Episodes

The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2 Raw Episodes

The Eternal Love 双世宠妃 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

I wonder if Wang Rui Chang(the 1st prince/grandpa king) will act in season 2.

He is also really needed he was very good in both positive and negative shades.

BUT I'm wondering it's gonna be historic genre again......different story or continue last season. 

29 minutes ago, saanjh sena said:

He is also really needed he was very good in both positive and negative shades.

BUT I'm wondering it's gonna be historic genre again......different story or continue last season. 

I remember last time they mentioned it'll be set in modern world since they had "travelled" to female char's time at the end of season 1.

Will it follow the novel, at least the general storyline or totally different?...perhaps too early to confirm...plus other cast members are not revealed too....and filming haven't even started yet.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Eternal+Love+2+Filming+5.jpg

Eternal+Love+2+Filming+7.jpg

Eternal+Love+2+Filming+2.jpg

filming ceremony for The Eternal Love Season 2 双世宠妃Ⅱ in Guizhou, China

In season 2, the 8th Prince meets Xiao Tan for the second time. He is the only one who remembers their past, so he sets out to make her fall in love with him again. 

I didn't see the Crown Prince in the clip though he's listed in a chinese info site....with same actor.

Besides the male lead, his personal prince and the younger 14th prince (all same actors)....there's a new male char....supposed to be a mysterious strategist in Dong Yue Country (the same country in the 1st story).

Acted by another young actor Chen You Wei.

http://www.ijq.tv/mingxing/15011220384482.html

So it seems the storyline would be like a "reboot"....somehow Xiao Tan and Mo Lian Cheng would go back to the time before they 1st met up...Xiao Tan w/o the memories but Lian Cheng with the memories....guess the show might focus more from his point of view this time....at least initially. So while trying to woo her again, Lian Cheng thought that since he remembered everything, he could avoid/solve the upcoming troubles but any different decision made would alter the future, resulting in new issues....

On 11/15/2017 at 8:15 AM, reiko53 said:

oh I didn't catch this as I know only the male lead will have another web drama coming out in 5 more days time. Can't wait to see what's in store for the 2nd season.. 

what drama?? 

On 3/18/2018 at 4:32 PM, Cedric Ong said:

I didn't see the Crown Prince in the clip though he's listed in a chinese info site....with same actor.

Besides the male lead, his personal prince and the younger 14th prince (all same actors)....there's a new male char....supposed to be a mysterious strategist in Dong Yue Country (the same country in the 1st story).

Acted by another young actor Chen You Wei.

http://www.ijq.tv/mingxing/15011220384482.html

So it seems the storyline would be like a "reboot"....somehow Xiao Tan and Mo Lian Cheng would go back to the time before they 1st met up...Xiao Tan w/o the memories but Lian Cheng with the memories....guess the show might focus more from his point of view this time....at least initially. So while trying to woo her again, Lian Cheng thought that since he remembered everything, he could avoid/solve the upcoming troubles but any different decision made would alter the future, resulting in new issues....

i dont think its a reboot she just forgot about him im pretty sure. 

58 minutes ago, Wotad said:

what drama?? 

i dont think its a reboot she just forgot about him im pretty sure. 

But the story description wrote that they went back to the time when they 1st met and he would encounter same problems..he thought he could predetermine and avoid them since he retained his memories. So i consider this abit like a "reboot". Of course the storyline seems to spin off later with new chars...the script is very clever to say since new decisions made by the male char would create a different future.

Ok...my view is that it's clever and in a way it is on familiar grounds...since the 1st season was well-received. If follow the novel or as guessed previously, we thought they would continue their story in her future world...but maybe the producers aren't too confident that viewers would view that as interesting. But to me...i feel abit like their relationship is not developing. Viewers of course love to watch the 2 actors..their chemistry is great...but in the storyline sense, the 2 chars themselves are repeating.

Think reiko53 is referring to "I Cannot Hug You" (nov 2017). There is a 2nd season in feb 2018. Vampire-themed. Well read that reviews are average.

https://mydramalist.com/24425-i-cannot-hug-you

15 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

But the story description wrote that they went back to the time when they 1st met and he would encounter same problems..he thought he could predetermine and avoid them since he retained his memories. So i consider this abit like a "reboot". Of course the storyline seems to spin off later with new chars...the script is very clever to say since new decisions made by the male char would create a different future.

Ok...my view is that it's clever and in a way it is on familiar grounds...since the 1st season was well-received. If follow the novel or as guessed previously, we thought they would continue their story in her future world...but maybe the producers aren't too confident that viewers would view that as interesting. But to me...i feel abit like their relationship is not developing. Viewers of course love to watch the 2 actors..their chemistry is great...but in the storyline sense, the 2 chars themselves are repeating.

Think reiko53 is referring to "I Cannot Hug You" (nov 2017). There is a 2nd season in feb 2018. Vampire-themed. Well read that reviews are average.

https://mydramalist.com/24425-i-cannot-hug-you

i do agree that this does feel like a repeat of the first story sort of.. i dont think it will be as well received as first. 

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

i do agree that this does feel like a repeat of the first story sort of.. i dont think it will be as well received as first. 

To be fair, still have to wait for trailer and the actual drama.

Perhaps the acting is better and new storyline might be interesting enough.

Read that the new char (mysterious strategist...mmm....strategist? seems to be a similar char from other dramas) would be wooing the female char as well....secretly helping her or something like that.

One thing i hope would be interesting is perhaps let the maid and the 8th Prince's guard fall in love.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 10:42 PM, Cedric Ong said:

Thank you for the preview posts. I loved and enjoyed this drama as well and I agree that this will be a very different story since the Prince lead tries to change the circumstances by changing his views and his decisions which will lead to different effects and results. Very clever indeed. I like that the drama will bring new interesting characters such as strategist. I hope that Xiao Tan will retain her perky, brave but sometimes goofy character. One of the reasons I loved the drama were the funny moments. I hope it does not become too serious. The attraction of the drama for me were the funny but loving moments. 

Question: do you know when the drama will be aired?  

Archived