[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

12 hours ago, Yui. said:

I'm in with you for S3 MYH and TE back story and yes to JX and Yu hao pairing. OR like many of us have mentioned is to see the modern world, xuan ling continent or backstory of  Sir Lian Cheng, Qu Xiang Tan, and Mo Yi Feng (plus empress dowager). S2 felt mostly like a reboot and if S3 went that route it wouldn't be as interesting to watch, so I think if S3 focuses on the backstory or another aspect to explore the characters development further it could work out. OR... S3 could have MYH be a possible lead role if XZL decides to not do S3---I just see it as a possibility to learn about Tan Er and Pan Er more about why they love each other so much and etc. Maybe kind of like a prequel before Tan Er/Xiao Tan meets 8th prince MLC. Then maybe an ending/cameo of Tan Er/Xiao Tan meeting MLC 8th prince at the end?

At this point there are so many possibilities what could be done in S3, but having S3 continue off of S2 would be an even bigger hot mess. So I think a prequel or a back story would work great --- even the modern world though I can't think of a good plot for it. 

I'm down for a spin-off with MYH as the lead, but they'd have to acknowledge it's now focusing on a different pairing. Still not sure how that would fly with the fans though. I think people are way more invested in the current leads and most consider Tan'er to be too boring to be a female lead. If they wanted to, they definitely could develop her more and write a good side story though.

Or... they can just keep going in this timeline, which is what I personally think they'll do. I actually think not continuing S3 off of S2 would make things very disjointed, otherwise what is the point of bringing back the demon king at the end and setting up that plotline with the kid? This season pretty much ended in a cliffhanger tbh, all sorts of things were left hanging. They even teased a return to Xuanling continent. They can travel to other places in S3 and I seriously hope they do. I doubt they will continue to use MYH as a villain, unless he starts off unhinged and slowly becomes more of an antihero than a villain so that in the end they all team up against the Demon King. I have a hunch this is how it's going to go. And I also have a feeling they'll find a way to bring Qu Tan'er back. The only character I don't see returning is Pan'er, unless she's brought back using some kind of devilish magic, because she's dead as can be. Tan'ers soul is still around.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, icefireflies said:

I'm down for a spin-off with MYH as the lead, but they'd have to acknowledge it's now focusing on a different pairing. Still not sure how that would fly with the fans though. I think people are way more invested in the current leads and most consider Tan'er to be too boring to be a female lead. If they wanted to, they definitely could develop her more and write a good side story though.

Or... they can just keep going in this timeline, which is what I personally think they'll do. I actually think not continuing S3 off of S2 would make things very disjointed, otherwise what is the point of bringing back the demon king at the end and setting up that plotline with the kid? This season pretty much ended in a cliffhanger tbh, all sorts of things were left hanging. They even teased a return to Xuanling continent. They can travel to other places in S3 and I seriously hope they do. I doubt they will continue to use MYH as a villain, unless he starts off unhinged and slowly becomes more of an antihero than a villain so that in the end they all team up against the Demon King. I have a hunch this is how it's going to go. And I also have a feeling they'll find a way to bring Qu Tan'er back. The only character I don't see returning is Pan'er, unless she's brought back using some kind of devilish magic, because she's dead as can be. Tan'ers soul is still around.

If they decide to go with a Tan'Er and MYH route, I think it's totally doable. I feel like she was only boring in the first season because she was depressed all the time. To be fair, the girl is sharing her body with someone else and her true love is married to someone else. It'll be different if we see a happier side of her. 

I'd like to see some jumping around of places in S3 too. I honestly thought we would have seen more of that in S2. 

4 hours ago, golinda27 said:

If they decide to go with a Tan'Er and MYH route, I think it's totally doable. I feel like she was only boring in the first season because she was depressed all the time. To be fair, the girl is sharing her body with someone else and her true love is married to someone else. It'll be different if we see a happier side of her. 

I'd like to see some jumping around of places in S3 too. I honestly thought we would have seen more of that in S2. 

I agree with everything you said! A lot of people neglect to realize she was depressed all the time which made her lethargic and lifeless during S1. We don't know what she's like when happy.

I also expected to see more jumping around in S2. If they don't do that in S3 it will be a missed opportunity. There's so much they can do with the story. Maybe that's kind of what dissappointed me a little about S2, it was more of a retelling of S1. A friend of mine actually dropped this drama because she wasn't interested in seeing the same story just played out a different way.

So, I was having a terrible case of withdrawal and I watched S1 again. And I noticed a couple of things that I did not notice before, prior to watching S2:

1. Physician Lian Cheng has another identity. He was also known as Young Master Sun. I wish they tell us more about Qu Xiang Tan and Physician Lian Cheng. It is said in S1 that Qu Tribe Leader Qu Xiang Tan was a cold and a badass person.

2. Cheng Cheng actually liked it alot when Xiao Tan touched his chest. In a couple of scenes, he actually took her hand to put it on his chest instead of her actually doing it on purpose. I didn't notice it before when I watched S1 last year. Things are actually in reverse in S2 where most of the time, it was Xiao Tan who went ahead and touched his chest.
3.Royal Grandfather's love towards Physician Lian Cheng probably rivaled Xiao Tan's love itself. Gosh, when Physician Lian Cheng died, he was so miserable as if he had lost a lover!
4. Royal Grandfather is super hot and softhearted too. Made me think that this is probably a trait that our Yi Huai Ge Ge inherited before he took the wrong path because of love. 
5. In S1 it was mentioned that Xuan Ling Realm is the land of spirit and Cheng Cheng and Xiao Tan went there after they died on his 25th birthday due to Xiao Tan's difficult childbirth. Does this mean they were actually in spirit form and not bodily form when they were in Xuan Ling?
6. Cheng Cheng must have love massages. He asked Xiao Tan to do it as Physician Lian Cheng in S1, he asked Xiao tan to do it as 8th Prince in S2 and as Cheng Cheng in S2. LOL! (why the hell am I writing this, I have no idea. Damn drama got to my head)
7. Royal Grandfather is quite friendly with Xiao Tan. If the two team up together and caused mischief, they probably would cause a big headache to Cheng Cheng. I really like how Royal Grandfather treat Xiao Tan. He treated her more like his equal-another tribe leader instead of his Royal Granddaughter. It's quite a refreshing thing, actually. Twisted, though...Cheng Cheng's grandfather is actually his friend, and by rights, when he became Physician Lian Cheng, his hierarchy status is actually higher than his own father and grandmother. He is only young in body but not quite that young in spirit.

Regardless, I love S1 and S2. Watching the S1 again, some scenes actually made me cry. I'm just so glad that S2 made me feel all warm, excited and mushy all over.

1 hour ago, Ellie Toh said:

So, I was having a terrible case of withdrawal and I watched S1 again. And I noticed a couple of things that I did not notice before, prior to watching S2:

1. Physician Lian Cheng has another identity. He was also known as Young Master Sun. I wish they tell us more about Qu Xiang Tan and Physician Lian Cheng. It is said in S1 that Qu Tribe Leader Qu Xiang Tan was a cold and a badass person.

2. Cheng Cheng actually liked it alot when Xiao Tan touched his chest. In a couple of scenes, he actually took her hand to put it on his chest instead of her actually doing it on purpose. I didn't notice it before when I watched S1 last year. Things are actually in reverse in S2 where most of the time, it was Xiao Tan who went ahead and touched his chest.
3.Royal Grandfather's love towards Physician Lian Cheng probably rivaled Xiao Tan's love itself. Gosh, when Physician Lian Cheng died, he was so miserable as if he had lost a lover!
4. Royal Grandfather is super hot and softhearted too. Made me think that this is probably a trait that our Yi Huai Ge Ge inherited before he took the wrong path because of love. 
5. In S1 it was mentioned that Xuan Ling Realm is the land of spirit and Cheng Cheng and Xiao Tan went there after they died on his 25th birthday due to Xiao Tan's difficult childbirth. Does this mean they were actually in spirit form and not bodily form when they were in Xuan Ling?
6. Cheng Cheng must have love massages. He asked Xiao Tan to do it as Physician Lian Cheng in S1, he asked Xiao tan to do it as 8th Prince in S2 and as Cheng Cheng in S2. LOL! (why the hell am I writing this, I have no idea. Damn drama got to my head)
7. Royal Grandfather is quite friendly with Xiao Tan. If the two team up together and caused mischief, they probably would cause a big headache to Cheng Cheng. I really like how Royal Grandfather treat Xiao Tan. He treated her more like his equal-another tribe leader instead of his Royal Granddaughter. It's quite a refreshing thing, actually. Twisted, though...Cheng Cheng's grandfather is actually his friend, and by rights, when he became Physician Lian Cheng, his hierarchy status is actually higher than his own father and grandmother. He is only young in body but not quite that young in spirit.

Regardless, I love S1 and S2. Watching the S1 again, some scenes actually made me cry. I'm just so glad that S2 made me feel all warm, excited and mushy all over.

I love your observations! I’m going to watch season 1 again too. Season 1 always gives me the tears no matter how many times I’ve watched it 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:21 PM, Renaro Kopique said:

You should continue, I mean it's still considered a happy ending. It won't be a heavy drama to take in, it's very lighthearted and fluffy.

It's not as good as S1 but in those last 10 eps you will feel satisfied with the heartfelt moments between the interactions of the characters, it's actually done well.

Yes, every production out there is profit driven but I want balance between quality content and profit. At least this drama is not 60 episodes long like every drama out there. Those dramas are even more profit driven when it should be a 30-40 ep drama instead. The setting and clothing are secondary factors to me in drama watching, I pay more attention to character development, plot development, chemistry of actors, and their acting ability. Damn this reminds me of school lol should businesses focus on profit or please its stakeholders? 

I mean this drama is a rom-com and yes it did satisfy me in this genre more  than any other couples with their insecurities but I felt like it was such a waste to reuse the "history repeats itself" plot with changes from the butterfly effect. I'm not sure what the Chinese fans/market are wishing for but for us internationally it seems like we are more interested in the Modern world, Xuan Ling continent, and the backstory of Sir Lian Cheng, Qu Xiang Tan, and Mo Yi Feng.

I don't mind if we have to wait for a year or two for them to create a better story. Someone said that during S1, it's been said that the story can go for a few seasons. But this S2 felt so rushed for me, I have a feeling they changed something or rewrote it. Now we're unsure if the writing for S3 was written long ago or they're gonna create something new again.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:03 AM, crazyoverkdrama said:

No news yet. We are still waiting for hints about s3.  Rumors are everywhere but still hoping they will get everyone. Apparently there is a bit of conflict going on with the actor's agency and EL's production team, which is actually scary. Hopefully they will resolve it soon.

I'm going to continue and bingewatch the last 11 episodes. ;) Thank you for your insight. 

Yes, fans have already created a fan page for S3. lol 

On 12/13/2018 at 5:40 PM, Ellie Toh said:

I have a feeling there's more to Yifeng and Yihuai than what we've been told. They look exactly alike after all. I don't think they're the same spirit but maybe their spirits are deeply connected in some other way. I hope we find out in S3, I just think it's way too much of a coincidence that they're literally exactly alike, except for the white hair. 

30 minutes ago, icefireflies said:

I have a feeling there's more to Yifeng and Yihuai than what we've been told. They look exactly alike after all. I don't think they're the same spirit but maybe their spirits are deeply connected in some other way. I hope we find out in S3, I just think it's way too much of a coincidence that they're literally exactly alike, except for the white hair. 

You could be right but it seems normal to me because I see this all the time in Chinese dramas however it’s usually more focused on female characters, like girls looking similar or exactly like their deceased mother or grandmother.

7 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

You could be right but it seems normal to me because I see this all the time in Chinese dramas however it’s usually more focused on female characters, like girls looking similar or exactly like their deceased mother or grandmother.

I haven't watched that many chinese dramas so I'll take your word for it. I didn't know this is such a prevalent thing. I guess the thing with Mo Yifeng is he seems to know so much about how events will unfold. He's the single most important character in terms of setting the plot into motion and controlling events. But yeah, it's really just a hunch. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished this show i would not have finished it if not for the leads being so damn adorable the plot i would rate like a 6/10 it was a big mess but the show overall is 8/10 due to the leads. I really dont like how they dealt with two Mo Lian Cheng they basically merged them together and the newer prince got overtook by the original Mo Lian Cheng also dont like how no explanation around the original Qu Xiao Tan. If the original Mo Lian Cheng survived then so did the original Xiao Tan, also i would have preferred is Xiao Tan was the carrier of the Soul Suppressor Orb over the Child. SO yeah alot of thing's i dislike but thankfully the leads are so good you basically ignore the plot wholes and dumb plot. I would have liked it if XT was the carrier/leader of the Soul Suppressing orb so in season 3 she would not be a damsel in distress and would have power's etc.. Also the way eldest brother ended up was basically same as season 1 but this time he was alive its already obvious hes a bad guy in s3 again.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a marathon watching both season 1 & 2 in a long stetch. I must say I enjoy both because despite what realm they both are in their love is the same.

It was so cute to be jealous of their own self. Season 3 the actor who played Liu Shang will be the adult Mo You Yue. Xiao Tan will just love looking at her son as she fancied Liu Shang's looks.

8 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I did a marathon watching both season 1 & 2 in a long stetch. I must say I enjoy both because despite what realm they both are in their love is the same.

It was so cute to be jealous of their own self. Season 3 the actor who played Liu Shang will be the adult Mo You Yue. Xiao Tan will just love looking at her son as she fancied Liu Shang's looks.

Wait do we have more info on S3? Is it confirmed that Chen You Wei (Liu Shang) will be playing the son as main? O_O

On a side note, I checked out Lascivious Lady (Jue Shi Qian Jin), which was directed by the same director as S1 the eternal love. I must say it does give me similar vibes to S1 as to how some scenes were shot. I finished this in like 2 days--sadly only raw. :D Not as great as the eternal love, but there are eye candy and the first and second male leads are cute! It seems short for 24 episodes and feels like it should be longer.

I second the question...has there been confirmation that Chen You Wei will be playing the role of their grown up son? Wouldn't that mean practically the entire main cast would be gone considering the elapsed time? Ugh, I'm sorry but I really hope the male lead isn't their son. I would rather S3 be a continuation of MLC and XT's story in the same timeline as S2. I would even be fine if they decided to jump to modern times again, or the Xuanling Continent as long as we keep the same cast.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello! Just want to share that Xing Zhao Lin and Liang Jie have another drama TOGETHER! It wasn't for The Eternal Love 3 though but whatever! They're pairing for the 3rd time! How good is that ^_^

It's entitled "You are my destiny" and is a remake of the Taiwanese drama Fated to Love You.

My poor heart is excited ^___^

007vh9cvly1g210fae9zoj32bc1jke83.jpg9b7951d3ly1g213iei82xj22fi3rmhdt.jpg

Archived