[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

I don't mind if we have to wait for a year or two for them to create a better story. Someone said that during S1, it's been said that the story can go for a few seasons. But this S2 felt so rushed for me, I have a feeling they changed something or rewrote it. Now we're unsure if the writing for S3 was written long ago or they're gonna create something new again.

i hope they would to create something new again nnnn... not change the main lead couple 

if that takes time, i think we .. the hardcore fan willing to wait 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've finally finished Eternal Love 2. What's my verdict. I will admit that I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. In terms of a season 2 (incidentally my standards are very low with sequels) the production was good, you can certainly tell they had a much bigger budget, the costumes were lovely and even the hairstyles. Of course the chemistry was just as good in the previous season. The plot was what I've expected - I mean you couldn't take anything too seriously. 

MLC is definitely much better looking in S2. I liked his costumes and hairstyle. He looked as though he matured and all grown up. I really liked him playing two characters. He did an excellent job. 

But... I didn't catch myself smiling to random things MLC would say to XT. The cheesy lines made me laugh but I absolutely loved it. I would feel so warm and fuzzy. Their interaction in S1 was simply too CUTE!!! I would find my way to re-watch the 'good bits'. And dare I say it but I kind of miss 14th prince pom pom and pink feathers.  

Will I watch S3 - hell yeah!! I absolutely love this couple. So as an avid fan - no matter what dimension or how silly the plot is or hairstyle - I will find my way to watch Eternal Love!

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

Guys is there a confirmation for S3 as far as i'm aware the cast for the main OTP was suppose to be remain so....

is the official news out?

No news yet. We are still waiting for hints about s3.  Rumors are everywhere but still hoping they will get everyone. Apparently there is a bit of conflict going on with the actor's agency and EL's production team, which is actually scary. Hopefully they will resolve it soon.

I dun know if this is appropriate to post here but to me she cute! It’s been such along time that I actually like an actress. She’s not like super pretty but she’s likeable like the girl next door. I’ve to admit that I give S1 a try bcos I saw her in the poster and I thgt she looks passable to give it a try. I was not XZl’s fan even when he was in Princess Agents. The main leads presence were too strong then. Even yu hao as the villain was very good in princess agent. And S1 both of them were still rookies n their kisses compared to S2 were really not up to expectations but their chemistry was ok n although she’s not too good at acting, I find her quite cute. But in S2 XZl is really looking at her with those loving gaze n her obvious ease with him is what I like abt this drama. It’s just like they were made to be MLC n QXT. Let’s wait patiently for the good news then. Better still if they do another drama with another storyline! I wish!!!

Spoiler

Oh I will continue to watch this drama no matter what. I am too in love with it to drop it, even with the silliness and contrivances the writers conjure just to keep things going.There is something so crackalicious about this drama, it's addictive as hell, and I'm not going to lie, BOTH 1st and 8th are super hot to me. Both make my toes curl in different ways. XZL has the strong, romantic, heroic white knight in shining armor thing down pat and WRC has the dark prince, bad boy with a tortured soul aspect that gets me every time.

I hope and pray that they give an official confirmation on the full cast returning and a start date that isn't 1 year away! I can't take such a long wait. :tears:

9 hours ago, monchoo said:

I dun know if this is appropriate to post here but to me she cute! It’s been such along time that I actually like an actress. She’s not like super pretty but she’s likeable like the girl next door. I’ve to admit that I give S1 a try bcos I saw her in the poster and I thgt she looks passable to give it a try. I was not XZl’s fan even when he was in Princess Agents. The main leads presence were too strong then. Even yu hao as the villain was very good in princess agent. And S1 both of them were still rookies n their kisses compared to S2 were really not up to expectations but their chemistry was ok n although she’s not too good at acting, I find her quite cute. But in S2 XZl is really looking at her with those loving gaze n her obvious ease with him is what I like abt this drama. It’s just like they were made to be MLC n QXT. Let’s wait patiently for the good news then. Better still if they do another drama with another storyline! I wish!!!

Hide contents

That's the thing about Eternal Love. I did not think any of the actor and actresses in Eternal Love was super good looking. In fact, they were so ordinary that when S1 came out in my recommended watchlist last year, I clicked in merely out of curiousity and did not think that I will follow the drama til the end. But I did. Simply because the storyline was rather addictive and the humour cracked me up. By S2, I was totally hooked and I did not think that anyone else could pull off being Mo Lian Cheng, Xiao Tan, 14th and even Yu Hao and the Empress Dowager. It's never about good look with this one, surprisingly, as I am a huge pervert with shallow thinking...I love handsome guys in the dramas that I watch. Eternal Love is enchanting because the characters came alive, and we're so drawn into that world they show us.

1 hour ago, Ellie Toh said:

That's the thing about Eternal Love. I did not think any of the actor and actresses in Eternal Love was super good looking. In fact, they were so ordinary that when S1 came out in my recommended watchlist last year, I clicked in merely out of curiousity and did not think that I will follow the drama til the end. But I did. Simply because the storyline was rather addictive and the humour cracked me up. By S2, I was totally hooked and I did not think that anyone else could pull off being Mo Lian Cheng, Xiao Tan, 14th and even Yu Hao. It's never about good look with this one, surprisingly, as I am a huge pervert with shallow thinking...I love handsome guys in the dramas that I watch. Eternal Love is enchanting because the characters came alive, and we're so drawn into that world they show us.

The same happened with me for the first season. One of the scenes came up in my Facebook feed and so I checked it out and then got hooked. The story is just so amazing. And with the actors growing with the role, it just made it that much more amazing. 

3 hours ago, selena32 said:

Monchoo the video you pisted at the very top, what is that? What is a drama she was in?

Nope it's a water purifier ad like a mini movie. They have a 2nd part but not uploaded yet. I'll notify u if they upload t ya :)

22 hours ago, Ellie Toh said:

That's the thing about Eternal Love. I did not think any of the actor and actresses in Eternal Love was super good looking. In fact, they were so ordinary 

That's really interesting because for me, as someone for whom The Eternal Love was their first C-drama I thought the actors were very good looking from the start. I could recognize how pretty Liang Jie was and how handsome XZL was right away. The one who ended up surprising me was WRC, because I didn't actually think much of him at first, maybe because the way he was styled at the beginning of Season 1, with his hair up and the constant scowl was so severe, plus he was obviously a villain. But something about his very strong, striking features wouldn't let me stop thinking about him. By the the time he did a total style change and they let his hair down, I was completely head over heels for him. He's ridiculously beautiful to look at, and the way he's styled in season 2 really flattered his traits. I think his costumes this season were literal jaw-droppers, flashy and regal as you would expect from the crown prince. This is just my perspective as someone relatively new to Asian dramas as a whole, and especially C-dramas.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:44 PM, crazyoverkdrama said:

CYW is cute.... But he is not MLC! Sad....

He’s so pretty. I think he’s prettier than most of the girls I know. He’s definitely prettier than me! 

I know we’re all a little XZL crazy, but I’ve had a bit of time to do some rewatching, and the scene where we first meet CYW and he first locks eyes with XT is hands down my favourite scene in s2. The longing look between the two, and the knowing smirk are amazing. I’m willing to bet CYW isn’t a bad kisser too, and the scenes between him and LJ definitely had chemistry (I’m thinking of the zither scene as well). In fact, I preferred scenes with him and LJ because you had all the build up to mutual attraction, whereas with  MLC it was always LJ being confused and then kissed (not that I’m complaining. I’m just saying I can appreciate both!).

I have only just finished watching the last 4 episodes of s2, and some thoughts: 

- MYH isn’t wearing his red lipstick to indicate his move to evildom. This is a huge relief, as I can’t rewatch s1 bits with him being evil without cringing at the lipstick. 

- I love that MYH beat MLC in strategy when he took over the throne and MLC launched the failed attack! That MYH won with his own wits and not magic really showed that he could hold his own and wasn’t the second best he was always made to feel. I felt his vindication when he said that MLC may underestimate him all the time, but he never underestimated MLC - because it’s so true.

- I want to marry MYH.

- Why did no one wear face masks, even rubbish ones, while escaping from the city? I mean, sure, those ink drawings are crappy, but XT was literally walking about with two MLC’s. That’s bound to draw attention!

- A special commendation to XZL for looking so noble and dignified in what was clearly plastic armour. Never have I seen such awful looking armour, and I have seen many cheap tv productions. Must have spent the money for a coat of metallic paint on those wedding outfits. Those sleeves were amazing. 

41 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

He’s so pretty. I think he’s prettier than most of the girls I know. He’s definitely prettier than me! 

I know we’re all a little XZL crazy, but I’ve had a bit of time to do some rewatching, and the scene where we first meet CYW and he first locks eyes with XT is hands down my favourite scene in s2. The longing look between the two, and the knowing smirk are amazing. I’m willing to bet CYW isn’t a bad kisser too, and the scenes between him and LJ definitely had chemistry (I’m thinking of the zither scene as well). In fact, I preferred scenes with him and LJ because you had all the build up to mutual attraction, whereas with  MLC it was always LJ being confused and then kissed (not that I’m complaining. I’m just saying I can appreciate both!).

I have only just finished watching the last 4 episodes of s2, and some thoughts: 

- MYH isn’t wearing his red lipstick to indicate his move to evildom. This is a huge relief, as I can’t rewatch s1 bits with him being evil without cringing at the lipstick. 

- I love that MYH beat MLC in strategy when he took over the throne and MLC launched the failed attack! That MYH won with his own wits and not magic really showed that he could hold his own and wasn’t the second best he was always made to feel. I felt his vindication when he said that MLC may underestimate him all the time, but he never underestimated MLC - because it’s so true.

- I want to marry MYH.

- Why did no one wear face masks, even rubbish ones, while escaping from the city? I mean, sure, those ink drawings are crappy, but XT was literally walking about with two MLC’s. That’s bound to draw attention!

- A special commendation to XZL for looking so noble and dignified in what was clearly plastic armour. Never have I seen such awful looking armour, and I have seen many cheap tv productions. Must have spent the money for a coat of metallic paint on those wedding outfits. Those sleeves were amazing. 

It's good that XZL do not agree to do 3 part that good that will not be!!!!

On 12/10/2018 at 9:39 PM, Renaro Kopique said:

i think S3 with MYH and Tan Er is not a bad idea because she did not die in S2, we can assume that her soul had been suppressed by XT for the last 29 eps but in the end she left again. I mean they could put Tan Er back to her original route of being transmigrated to the modern world. And MYH is not dead here, he's just insane. I'd rather see this work than Jing Xin's and 14th Prince's love story. (I'm so sorry but they're more boring than some of you claiming that Tan Er is boring lol) But then again, Tan Er's character is bland which is difficult to come up with a story. I don't want to see her as a damsel in distress. 

On 12/11/2018 at 1:21 AM, Renaro Kopique said:

I mean this drama is a rom-com and yes it did satisfy me in this genre more  than any other couples with their insecurities but I felt like it was such a waste to reuse the "history repeats itself" plot with changes from the butterfly effect. I'm not sure what the Chinese fans/market are wishing for but for us internationally it seems like we are more interested in the Modern world, Xuan Ling continent, and the backstory of Sir Lian Cheng, Qu Xiang Tan, and Mo Yi Feng.

I don't mind if we have to wait for a year or two for them to create a better story. Someone said that during S1, it's been said that the story can go for a few seasons. But this S2 felt so rushed for me, I have a feeling they changed something or rewrote it. Now we're unsure if the writing for S3 was written long ago or they're gonna create something new again.

I'm in with you for S3 MYH and TE back story and yes to JX and Yu hao pairing. OR like many of us have mentioned is to see the modern world, xuan ling continent or backstory of  Sir Lian Cheng, Qu Xiang Tan, and Mo Yi Feng (plus empress dowager). S2 felt mostly like a reboot and if S3 went that route it wouldn't be as interesting to watch, so I think if S3 focuses on the backstory or another aspect to explore the characters development further it could work out. OR... S3 could have MYH be a possible lead role if XZL decides to not do S3---I just see it as a possibility to learn about Tan Er and Pan Er more about why they love each other so much and etc. Maybe kind of like a prequel before Tan Er/Xiao Tan meets 8th prince MLC. Then maybe an ending/cameo of Tan Er/Xiao Tan meeting MLC 8th prince at the end?

At this point there are so many possibilities what could be done in S3, but having S3 continue off of S2 would be an even bigger hot mess. So I think a prequel or a back story would work great --- even the modern world though I can't think of a good plot for it. 

I think S2 felt rushed because they rewrote some parts in anticipation for S3 to "milk" XZL's popularity and make profit like many have mentioned. S1 is still best for me -- even S2 villains couldn't top S1. I have to admit it was a nice touch that General Wei is the Demon King (connecting S1). As someone mentioned O_O I think the business partner in the modern world is actually the smurf princess... You know XD I ship smurf princess with LS if (LS isn't just a mask). 

Spoiler

Oh a side note, I actually like both S1 and S2 of The Starry Night, The Starry Sea despite the ending and a few hiccups in some places. I have heard how S2 just didn't work well for S1 Scarlet heart >.<" so hoping something like that won't happen. But yeah, usually sequels are rare and having the same cast return is even rarer! Unless it becomes a franchise like Heart of Greed which spanned 3 seasons haha..... 

1 hour ago, Yui. said:

I think S2 felt rushed because they rewrote some parts in anticipation for S3 to "milk" XZL's popularity and make profit like many have mentioned. S1 is still best for me -- even S2 villains couldn't top S1. I have to admit it was a nice touch that General Wei is the Demon King (connecting S1). As someone mentioned O_O I think the business partner in the modern world is actually the smurf princess... You know XD I ship smurf princess with LS if (LS isn't just a mask). 

Hide contents

Oh a side note, I actually like both S1 and S2 of The Starry Night, The Starry Sea despite the ending and a few hiccups in some places. I have heard how S2 just didn't work well for S1 Scarlet heart >.<" so hoping something like that won't happen. But yeah, usually sequels are rare and having the same cast return is even rarer! Unless it becomes a franchise like Heart of Greed which spanned 3 seasons haha..... 

Omg I cringed so hard with S2 of Scarlet Heart lol. I’d rather them not make a sequel if the government had that much restrictions. Omg Heart of Greed, my childhood. I didn’t watch S3, its basically the same story :sweat_smile:they basically just change the food or swap some family members around.

For TEL, I’m pretty sure S3 will be a continuation of S2 otherwise they would have to label it as The Eternal Love:(side story). Which I can give an example for is Lost Love In Times SP (Side Story). 

The actress who was MLC’s Modern business partner does not seem to be the Smurf Princess, they’re not the same person for sure because she looks older and more ordinary than the Princess.

This entire season...hm idk what its focus was. I think it was romance and family drama whereas the villains weren’t so important. I’m not gonna keep my hopes high though. This season kinda ruined the drama for me even though it was good yet bad. It’s pretty much a fan service with fillers. It’s like the crew lost their passion for the drama.

I definitely think S2 was a rush. I really thought they could finish the story in one season but they kinda left it in a completed way along with a cliffhanger. Well to me, the only thing that progressed was experiencing the same time frame again. They are similarly back to the same time as S1 which is where the real plot starts.

They finished filming this drama in May or something. Not sure how long filming took along with other pre production planning. Because the actors did end year promotions for S1 on shows. People said that the original director did not do S2 because the scheduling clashed with his other drama. Or he simply didn’t want to do it because  the storyline was somehow changed? You guys mentioned that he said it could go on for a few seasons, maybe the writers messed it up which turned him away. Idk why they tried to make this script, they travelled to many different worlds in the novel which I’m pretty sure they can choose what world they wanted and changed some parts for the story to continue smoothly even if they skipped an arc or something.

4 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Omg I cringed so hard with S2 of Scarlet Heart lol. I’d rather them not make a sequel if the government had that much restrictions. Omg Heart of Greed, my childhood. I didn’t watch S3, its basically the same story :sweat_smile:they basically just change the food or swap some family members around.

For TEL, I’m pretty sure S3 will be a continuation of S2 otherwise they would have to label it as The Eternal Love:(side story). Which I can give an example for is Lost Love In Times SP (Side Story). 

The actress who was MLC’s Modern business partner does not seem to be the Smurf Princess, they’re not the same person for sure because she looks older and more ordinary than the Princess.

This entire season...hm idk what its focus was. I think it was romance and family drama whereas the villains weren’t so important. I’m not gonna keep my hopes high though. This season kinda ruined the drama for me even though it was good yet bad. It’s pretty much a fan service with fillers. It’s like the crew lost their passion for the drama.

I definitely think S2 was a rush. I really thought they could finish the story in one season but they kinda left it in a completed way along with a cliffhanger. Well to me, the only thing that progressed was experiencing the same time frame again. They are similarly back to the same time as S1 which is where the real plot starts.

They finished filming this drama in May or something. Not sure how long filming took along with other pre production planning. Because the actors did end year promotions for S1 on shows. People said that the original director did not do S2 because the scheduling clashed with his other drama. Or he simply didn’t want to do it because  the storyline was somehow changed? You guys mentioned that he said it could go on for a few seasons, maybe the writers messed it up which turned him away. Idk why they tried to make this script, they travelled to many different worlds in the novel which I’m pretty sure they can choose what world they wanted and changed some parts for the story to continue smoothly even if they skipped an arc or something.

3 seasons only!!!

On 11/14/2018 at 7:18 PM, dramacf said:

If it's up to me, the way I'll resolve it will be through the orb comes in.

S1 MLC's spirit/soul is weak and so old sage believes that through the orb they can summon S1 XT's spirit/soul cos it's the one bonded to S1 MLC.

Once it's able to summon S1 XT's spirit it then merges with S2 XT and so she "remembers" everything again.

Then, they will try to "heal" S1 MLC again through the bond so he won't vanish/disappear BUT it won't be enough since the damage was too great.

Unfortunately, something bad happens to S2 MLC and his spirit/soul is weakened so, old sage will suggest to merge S1 MLC's spirit/soul to S2 MLC since S1 MLC's spirit/soul is strong but he has a weak body that they're unable to heal despite the bond he has with the merged XQT. 

S2 MLC and S1 MLC will agree since they won't let the merged QXT die once S1 MLC's body dies along with his spirit/soul.

I think the writer would want to keep the story feel " the same" but somehow different? Hence, the reason she introduced the two MLCs in S2 cos they were 2 QXT sharing one body in S1 and she made it a bit difficult this time cos this season we're dealing with actually two physical bodies of the same person (MLC).

I doubt they will make MLC have "amnesia" in S3 cos that would ruin it but I'm pretty sure they will find a way for them both to "forget" and another individual this time to help them both remember who they are.

how did they resolve it?

I dropped the drama but i wanna know how they solved it still. 

Archived