[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

27 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

Ugh... this is seriously breaking my heart. You’re never going to get the same chemistry with anyone else. I really hope that they turn this around and are going to work something out. 

I feel like he likes his fan base so I would hope that he 

For you in this Forum only has chemistry with liang jie but that is not true he has chemistry with all the actresses that is rolling and roll and joke the same with them as well as do not blind the drama are only actors who act with other actors nothing more and what yo reconsider do not have to reconsider NOTHING AND LEAVE YOUR FAN BASE THAT MOST IS PRINCESS AGENTS NOT ONLY ETERNAL LOVE!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Yessica Vargas said:

For you in this Forum only has chemistry with liang jie but that is not true he has chemistry with all the actresses that is rolling and roll and joke the same with them as well as do not blind the drama are only actors who act with other actors nothing more and what yo reconsider do not have to reconsider NOTHING AND LEAVE YOUR FAN BASE THAT MOST IS PRINCESS AGENTS NOT ONLY ETERNAL LOVE!!!!!!!

You seem to have misunderstood me. I meant chemistry in terms of the characters of MLC and XT. 

Also, my apologies if I’ve offended you but we’re all just expressing our opinions. There is no need to be upset and use all caps :) 

On 12/10/2018 at 12:41 PM, golinda27 said:

Is anyone able to translate her response to his post?

It says ‘It’s the finale, but I won’t be saying farewell tonight, to be continued ...uploading pics now.’

This post weirdly makes me want to get an iPhone XS Max, haha. Anything to make me stay connected to the drama! I’m pretty sure if they sold any EL merchandise here I’d be first in the queue with a MLC phone case. 

Without XZL, this drama is not so sweet and magical. He has this passion that gets my blood pumping. It would make me very sad. The drama would be finished for me. Please XZL return to S 3. Even if S 3 plays in modern times, I would only watch it if XZL plays along.

2 hours ago, golinda27 said:

Ugh... this is seriously breaking my heart. You’re never going to get the same chemistry with anyone else. I really hope that they turn this around and are going to work something out. 

I feel like he likes his fan base so I would hope that he reconsiders. 

I know right! Imagine somebody else playing MLC! Cringe....:astonished:

I’ve been watching dramas for a long time and rarely have I seen a more compelling and touching chemistry. I really hope they’re just fooling around and just doing this to heighten our anticipation for Season 3.

3 minutes ago, selena32 said:

I know right! Imagine somebody else playing MLC! Cringe....:astonished:

I’ve been watching dramas for a long time and rarely have I seen a more compelling and touching chemistry. I really hope they’re just fooling around and just doing this to heighten our anticipation for Season 3.

I think figuring out if the original cast is coming back is becoming a drama on its own! Everyday we get tidbits that leave us on the edge of our seats! 

7 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Ich weiß es schon gut! Stellen Sie sich vor, jemand anderes spielt MLC! Kriechen....:erstaunt:

Ich habe lange Dramen gesehen und habe selten eine überzeugendere und berührendere Chemie gesehen. Ich hoffe wirklich, dass sie nur herumalbern und dies tun, um unsere Vorfreude auf die 3. Staffel zu steigern.

XZL is Mo Lian Cheng. No other actor in my heart can occupy this role. No way. Yes we are spoiled, but I would not be able to do that in my head.

6 hours ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Truth be told, I was suspicious as to why CYW has been appearing promotions lately, like the fan meeting, variety shows, etc.  I thought that maybe they are trying to attract some interest in him.  I didn't know that it is for S3.  I like him as LS.  But as Cheng Cheng? Noooo....

XZL is appropriately for the role because he looks manly at his age.  CYW looks scrawny, no offense. He's obviously too young for a worldly male lead role like MLC.

There is something that makes me shudder at the thought of CYW as MLC and him doing steamy kiss scenes. I just can’t picture it...

Ladies (and any gentlemen around?), I think we need to calm down. I believe they know it would be a HUGE mistake to recast the role of Mo Liancheng, even if it's the guy who played Liu Shang.They can give him some other role, maybe in  Xuanling continent, but definitely not as Liancheng. It would 110% not work for the fans, so I am confident they won't go that route. IMHO the entire cast needs to return, or else this story doesn't retain its magic and basically makes no sense. That goes for Wang Rui Chang too because his story with Tan'er was left in a really weird, depressing place. 

1 hour ago, golinda27 said:

There is something that makes me shudder at the thought of CYW as MLC and him doing steamy kiss scenes. I just can’t picture it...

True. I was like OMG don't do it! during the Beauty episode. LOL... Such hardcore fans...

1 hour ago, icefireflies said:

That goes for Wang Rui Chang too because his story with Tan'er was left in a really weird, depressing place. 

Just wondering how they are going to give him closure because for him to have closure, they need 2 Tan Ers. But one cannot survive with the other around. Unless they invent twins? 

27 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Just wondering how they are going to give him closure because for him to have closure, they need 2 Tan Ers. But one cannot survive with the other around. Unless they invent twins? 

I'm wondering about that as well. I guess there's always some magical way in which they can revive her, like with an artifact that can gather her soul and create a body for her (I'm thinking something similar to the Soul Gathering Lamp, but that's a different drama) or maybe some type of interdimensional travelling done using the Soul Supressing Orb. These stories involve so much fantasy they can always invent something convenient just to move the plot along. For example, who knows what the Soul Supressing Orb's true powers are, or even Xiaotan's, as matriach of the Qu tribe. What gives me hope is that Xiaotan has always felt immense guilt over her presence forcing Qu Tan'er out of the picture so in S3 she might try to do something to bring her back in some way. Qu Tan'er's soul is definitely around, and it's being sustained by something or someone. Mo Yihuai wasn't just imagining her when he saw her, it seemed she really did appear to him. There's a lot of unanswered questions like, how is Tan'er even able to do that when she's supposedly just another mortal. Maybe she's got some connection to Xuanling and/or Mo Yifeng. Now I'm just wildly speculating. 

3 minutes ago, icefireflies said:

I'm wondering about that as well. I guess there's always some magical way in which they can revive her, like with an artifact that can gather her soul and create a body for her (I'm thinking something similar to the Soul Gathering Lamp, but that's a different drama) or maybe some type of interdimensional travelling done using the Soul Supressing Orb. These stories involve so much fantasy they can always invent something convenient just to move the plot along. For example, who knows what the Soul Supressing Orb's true powers are, or even Xiaotan's, as matriach of the Qu tribe. What gives me hope is that Xiaotan has always felt immense guilt over her presence forcing Qu Tan'er out of the picture so in S3 she might try to do something to bring her back in some way. Qu Tan'er's soul is definitely around, and it's being sustained by something or someone. Mo Yihuai wasn't just imagining her when he saw her, it seemed she really did appear to him. There's a lot of unanswered questions like, how is Tan'er even able to do that when she's supposedly just another mortal. Maybe she's got some connection to Xuanling and/or Mo Yifeng. Now I'm just wildly speculating. 

LOL... This drama lacks logic anyway. Anything works, might as well bring closure for 1st prince.  He's such a pitiful character.  Died, then went insane. I hope S3 is better for him.

The reason why I hate novels being adapted to dramas is because its never true to the story. Tan Er could've gotten a happy ending if they didn't use 2 souls in one body. Tan Er could finally let go of everything and adapt her life to a new world but MYH is dead in Dong Yue (?). Might as well as transfer his soul to to where Tan Er was the moment he died lol.

I never liked S2 in the first place because the moment I saw the plot summary I knew it wouldn't be the same anymore. It took us so long to finally see the two get together and bam the writers threw in the worst thing of all time "tries to make your lover fall for you again". I cannot express how disappointed I am because I know S2 XT's love for MLC is not comparable to S1 XT. (Fight me if you don't agree.) In S2, they just use XT for comedy and hot scenes. In S1, both of the main characters at least knew a bit of everything and joined hands to defeat evil but in S2 XT was left clueless and WAS NOT ABLE TO WIELD THE SOUL SUPPRESSING ORB and now they transferred the owner.

I know S1 is for XT and S2 is for MLC but we can clearly see how much they disregard XT"s existence. I mean in the novel, she wanted to locate the orb and master it in order to help MLC to return home so he could live a better life than adapt to a different world. Seeing ep 30 with the time skip, XT was overly spoilt lol to the point that she can't even protect her son and the fact that MLC hid everything away from her again. The man deserves a slap even though he's trying to stop her from worrying because even if she knew, it wouldn't make a difference. See? XT is capable if her character was planned properly. 

I can see that they're profit driven now, the only thing that changed was the director right? The script writing got very lazy because they ran out of ideas and and could only tone down everyone's IQ, I mean how could the 8th Prince and MLC who is known to be overly cautious and suspicious 24/7 be so easily screwed over by MYH. I'm not sure how smart MYH is, he is a capable man but I don't think he can outsmart MLC? Maybe I'm just like MLC underestimating MYH.

They're trying as hard as they can to milk everything of XZL's rising popularity. Like some of you said, the management between the two parties are not on good terms because they announced S3 saying all original casts would return before consulting with everyone. It seems like they forgot how capable the other casts are but I do appreciate them making touching stories for Qu Pan Er, the Emperor, MYH and Tan Er. Normally I wouldn't even care if some Emperor died like in those Palace dramas or killing one's relative for the throne. Indeed 80% of the people in this alternate world(?) became more vicious and cruel but I was able to see their humane side, I was touched and felt sympathy for them. So I guess only XT's character went backwards not forward....at least 14th Prince was more daring. HOW COULD YOU WRITER!

i think S3 with MYH and Tan Er is not a bad idea because she did not die in S2, we can assume that her soul had been suppressed by XT for the last 29 eps but in the end she left again. I mean they could put Tan Er back to her original route of being transmigrated to the modern world. And MYH is not dead here, he's just insane. I'd rather see this work than Jing Xin's and 14th Prince's love story. (I'm so sorry but they're more boring than some of you claiming that Tan Er is boring lol) But then again, Tan Er's character is bland which is difficult to come up with a story. I don't want to see her as a damsel in distress. 

You know I wanted this drama to get a new season every year or so but they messed up the plot real quick. I guess it is true that masterpieces often gets ruined with new seasons or adaptations. The list below are not masterpieces but can represent how some okay to good dramas get ruined. (I'm gonna hide it because the post is getting long.)

Spoiler

Examples for continuing seasons is like Legend of Chusen, Tientsin Mystic (not the same lead actor in S2),  The Starry Night The Starry Sea, or Ice Fantasy....Examples for remakes would be with Jin Yong's novels, or Huan Zhu Ge Ge (My Fair Princess) -my fav drama- I can't believe they're going for another remake like as if the 1st remake wasn't enough with that random white guy. And it's the original author who's trying to ruin her masterpiece drama lol like as if anyone can surpass Zhao Wei, Ruby Lin and Alec Su's version.

PS. I think the only one I like with a continuing plot is Nirvana in Fire 1&2.

There's actually a lot of good CN dramas this year with rookie actors, I just found out after being invested in this one drama because I can only focus on one drama at a time.

9 hours ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Sigh. Might as well assume that S2 is the last season, because frankly, the only reason I continued watching EL is because they got the original cast on board.  If they change the lead, then why call it EL? Using a mask as an excuse to change the lead isn't going to cut it.  I'd rather they make an alternative ending like

Hide contents

Legend of Yun Xi

than thinking us stupid enough to believe that Cheng Cheng's face changed because of.... (insert excuse).

So sad.

yupzz... i think that way too.... what kind of Eternal Love is that if they change couple...

isn't is the prophesied already said that their love endure from life to life

no matter what kind of twist or switch ending they will make, it's still not reasonable 

19 minutes ago, you-nee said:

yupzz... i think that way too.... what kind of Eternal Love is that if they change couple...

isn't is the prophesied already said that their love endure from life to life

no matter what kind of twist or switch ending they will make, it's still not reasonable 

I'm not surprised if MLC had to transfer his soul to a different body :sweat_smile:yea if he can find another that is compatible with him. Bruh, if we can easily think of how MLC's can be changed I don't think these writers will have a hard time. No matter who they are or what they are, their love for one another will stay true.

3 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

I'm not surprised if he had to transfer his soul to a different body :sweat_smile:yea if he can find another that is compatible with him. Bruh, if we can easily think of how MLC's can be changed I don't think these writers will have a hard time. No matter who they are or what they are, their love for one another will stay true.

ggooosshhh.... transfer soul to another body... so we can see different face walking along with Tan'er... oooh i really... really hope they're not gonna do that .. please... that's creepy idea i think... 

isn't it liu shang just a mask :D:D

btw i really like your analysis

i agree with you, i think for now, because it's fame, EL production team profit driven now

and because of that, they will not care about the quality of the storyline... sigh...sigh

1 hour ago, Renaro Kopique said:

i think S3 with MYH and Tan Er is not a bad idea because she did not die in S2, we can assume that her soul had been suppressed by XT for the last 29 eps but in the end she left again. I mean they could put Tan Er back to her original route of being transmigrated to the modern world. And MYH is not dead here, he's just insane. I'd rather see this work than Jing Xin's and 14th Prince's love story. (I'm so sorry but they're more boring than some of you claiming that Tan Er is boring lol) But then again, Tan Er's character is bland which is difficult to come up with a story. I don't want to see her as a damsel in distress. 

I'm quoting only part of your reply because it's long, but oh boy, do I agree with basically EVERYTHING you said. This season was extremely addictive just as season 1, but by comparison it was a hot mess, kind of like a trainwreck. You can't help but look. It was more of a retelling of season 1 than anything else so it dragged in parts. At least in this one they get to raise their son and Mo Yihuai doesn't die, but ending up without the crown and without the woman he loves, yet watching his brothers happily married has got to be ten times more cruel.

I've mentioned elsewhere that Xiaotan seemed a lot dumber and more spoiled this season, and yes, she was mainly used for comedy and for being kissed. She was a badass in season 1 and she got to battle the demon king, whereas here, she played the clueless moron one too many times and now, for no good reason she's no longer the orb's host. 

They kind of did the same dumbing down thing with the character of Yihuai because it took soooo freaking long to figure out Tan'er wasn't Xiaotan.

I wasn't a big fan of the love triangle involving two Mo Lianchengs. Especially because I always found the mask thing to be contrived. And it was awkward having a different actor playing Mo Liancheng for the vast majority of the season. It was also hard to suspend disbelief considering the actors have such different body types and facial structures so everytime he put that mask on I just had to assume it worked with some sort of magic that made everyone accept things as reality. (Or automatically lower everyone's IQ). 

I completely agree with your opinion about 14th x Jingxin. I just never bought these two together. It's just a little too cheesy for my taste. Yes they are adorable together, but there is literally nothing interesting about them as a couple. I preferred Jingxin with Yuhao if anything, or to just remain the dutiful maid.

To me, the real drama is in the crazy love triangle between Mo Yihuai and the Qu sisters. They both ended up killing themselves for him after all, while he literally goes crazy because of the love and pain for one of them. He marries the other one and feels guilty for not reciprocating her feelings. If that isn't major drama, I don't know what is. Now both sisters have talked about being with him in the next life, so what does that mean if they just continue to follow along this timeline? Pan'er is for sure gone but we know Tan'er isn't. Unless we jump to YET another dimension which would be kind of silly and doesn't work with this ending. I really don't know how they plan to rectify Mo Yihuai's mess. I hope they'll just transmigrate Tan'ers soul somehow into a new vessel but who or how remains to be seen. I just can't accept a story in which Yihuai remains insane. 

I still love the chemistry between Mo Liancheng and Xiaotan, but even I started rolling my eyes when there was YET another kiss just to fill in time. We get it, they kiss a lot. They could have told this season in less episodes but it did seem they were hyper focused in making it 30 just to milk the story. I know it sounds like I hated season 2, I didn't lol... but these are just some legit criticisms I have after thinking things through.

42 minutes ago, icefireflies said:

I preferred Jingxin with Yuhao if anything, or to just remain the dutiful maid.

I knew it! We all wanted these two together lol.

I've mentioned elsewhere that Xiaotan seemed a lot dumber and more spoiled this season, and yes, she was mainly used for comedy and for being kissed. She was a badass in season 1 and she got to battle the demon king, whereas here, she played the clueless moron one too many times and now, for no good reason she's no longer the orb's host. 

:tired:I'm not lying but Chinese writers never put female leads on the equality scale. Their minds are still in the old generation. I read quite a lot of Chinese novels with females being the protagonist. No matter how smart or gifted they are, they're still somehow trampled over by a male. By this I mean that in terms of power (martial arts, intelligence , the male lead would surpass them. Plus, they always get saved by these men. I love how  that in S1, everyone had to rely on XT's power to save everyone. From storytelling, we could tell that Xiang Tan was extremely talented with quite many misdeeds but it seems like in her later life being reincarnated as a dumb useless girl is the punishment she was given to revive Sir Lian Cheng. Since this drama is over, I'll continue to machine translate the novel and see where it goes.

I hope they'll just transmigrate Tan'ers soul somehow into a new vessel but who or how remains to be seen. I just can't accept a story in which Yihuai remains insane. 

I have a love and hate relationship with S2 lol. In the novel, Xiao Tan occupies Tan Er's body and Tan Er occupies Xiao Tan's body. Therefore, Tan Er was quite famous in the modern world and was acquainted with a rich old man that respected her talent. I've always wanted to see how XT's parents will react to MLC if she brought him home to the modern world following the end of S1 but after I went through the novel it seems like Xiao Tan and Tan Er have different faces. I had 2 assumptions.

• They might look the same face but the age difference shows the changes. (It seems like XT's appearance was of 16-18 years old and Tan Er had the the appearance of a lady in her 20s.)

OR

• They do not have the same face.

I am still on ep 19.. Not sure if  I want to continue based on the above comments. The production is definitely profit driven, but I will be honest isn't that every single drama?? you want to profit in order to produce. Though S2 definitely didn't allure me as S1 did, though the budget was low at least it kept be thoroughly entertained.

17 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

I am still on ep 19.. Not sure if  I want to continue based on the above comments. The production is definitely profit driven, but I will be honest isn't that every single drama?? you want to profit in order to produce. Though S2 definitely didn't allure me as S1 did, though the budget was low at least it kept be thoroughly entertained.

You should continue, I mean it's still considered a happy ending. It won't be a heavy drama to take in, it's very lighthearted and fluffy.

It's not as good as S1 but in those last 10 eps you will feel satisfied with the heartfelt moments between the interactions of the characters, it's actually done well.

Yes, every production out there is profit driven but I want balance between quality content and profit. At least this drama is not 60 episodes long like every drama out there. Those dramas are even more profit driven when it should be a 30-40 ep drama instead. The setting and clothing are secondary factors to me in drama watching, I pay more attention to character development, plot development, chemistry of actors, and their acting ability. Damn this reminds me of school lol should businesses focus on profit or please its stakeholders? 

I mean this drama is a rom-com and yes it did satisfy me in this genre more  than any other couples with their insecurities but I felt like it was such a waste to reuse the "history repeats itself" plot with changes from the butterfly effect. I'm not sure what the Chinese fans/market are wishing for but for us internationally it seems like we are more interested in the Modern world, Xuan Ling continent, and the backstory of Sir Lian Cheng, Qu Xiang Tan, and Mo Yi Feng.

I don't mind if we have to wait for a year or two for them to create a better story. Someone said that during S1, it's been said that the story can go for a few seasons. But this S2 felt so rushed for me, I have a feeling they changed something or rewrote it. Now we're unsure if the writing for S3 was written long ago or they're gonna create something new again.

Archived