[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

20 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

Does anyone know where these screen captures came from? Did I miss a trailer or MV? 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4308069595346114

(not the screen cap of them lying side by side but the stacked screen caps)

I can't find the vids with those scenes but this trailer did show a glimpse of it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This week's espisodes are playing games with my mind. It's really hard to tell who is 8th Prince and who is Cheng Cheng. And demmit...when they both go after her....is really mind blowing.

1 hour ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

OMG.... I can't tell who's who now! LMAO

I'M GOING CRAY CRAY! LOL

I second that. LoL. I can't tell who is who too. Omg. Lol

On 11/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, selena32 said:

Here is my take on this, the original Tan Er who tried to drown herself in S1 does not have anything to do with the fantasy realm just like Mo Yi Huai not being Cold Fish Mo in the fantasy continent (sorry I forgot what its called). They just look like Xiang Tan and Mo Yi Feng. Remember Tan Er wasnt able to touch the orb when she was young while Xiao Tan is the master of the orb. XT wasnt reborn as 2 souls, they are totally diff souls and only XT can touch the orb. The old weirdo confirmed that when he cast a spell and said there are 2 souls in one body. Remember in season 1, when Mo Yi Huai killed Tan Er, XT wasn’t affected because its a soul separate from hers, they just shared the same body. They were not combined. 

Well this is my opinion :blush:

On 11/15/2018 at 12:26 AM, Renaro Kopique said:

Yes I agree with you. Tan Er is just a chess piece from Mo Yi Feng’s prediction. At least she got to live as a well famed person in the novel whereas they had to kill her in the drama twice lol. The writers won’t try to complicate this further by involving more characters. They are the one who created the plot hole because both bodies are meant to be alive but this drama in both seasons left both of Xiao Tan’s body soulless in the modern world. 

Now that I'm all caught up with the raws. XT is still part of Mo Yi Feng's prediction. Note how MLC calls him Yi Feng instead of grandfather (because he has physician LC's memory), he also tried to explain the background story to XT who couldn't quite understand. MCL also realized how Mo Yi Feng had used Xiang Tan/ Qu family in building Dong Yue country --- hence Qu family and Mo family has a feud? (In S1 it was MLC and Qu Xiang Tan's tragic love story). Maybe XT's body wasn't soulless and Tan Er had occupied her body? Based on the novel, didn't TE become famous with XT's body? O_O Maybe this is a setup for S3? XT is technically Xiang Tan, no? Do you think maybe b/c Xiang Tan and Xiao Tan are the same soul (well Xiao Tan being the reincarnation of Xiang Tan, which is why when she lied the soul switching happened S1. Because Xiao Tan is Xiang Tan she recalls all the memories of her "soul"? )

If MLC insists that Xiao Tan S2 is same as Xiao Tan S1, hence her soul travels through different dimensions and time....OR o.o Xiao Tan would be chased to be kill in any dimension because of her relation with the soul suppressing orb.

When Pan Er died, she said the next life she hopes that MYH 1st prince would love her. S3 hint? Maybe they'll finally be an actually couple? Xiao Tan also mentions that when Father Qu died that he wouldn't favorite one daughter over another. More S3 hints when they talk about the "next life"? 

On 11/15/2018 at 12:34 AM, Renaro Kopique said:

Yes this is the past before they died but there’s also the future dimension of them being dead. Like I said if they are brought back into the story again you can predict how it’s going to be. Plus there’s also the butterfly effect, maybe something happened to them. 

Not all parents want their son to become King/Emperor. He is still too young. I think MLC and XT are the type that wants their kid to decide his future or live a simple life. XT has to separate away from her son because she is the result of danger when you associate her to the Soul Suppressing Orb.

They mentioned Yue Er T_T Now maybe hopefully there's a story about their son S3? I feel like I have to go back to rewatching the ending of S1 xD I'm missing the "I'm a b*ch" humor and give me back all the funny villains. Looks like the remaining episodes will be the face-off between MLC and MYH.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:15 AM, crazyoverkdrama said:

I agree on this.  I never connect the first season with this one because as MLC said, this is an alternative reality, one where the real Tan er died, with QXT taking over her body.  Reality is already distorted here as evidenced by him not marrying her immediately, Dugu Yan has controlled the king, the general was politically involved.  Also, him.  The soul of QXT (wherever she is right now) and MLC are abnormalities here, meaning they shouldn't be there, but because of the orb, they destroyed the natural order.  Maybe it will be easier to take in if we think about it like the tv show Quantum Leap.  I might be wrong but the only way to correct the abnormality is by the merging of the past and future.  Like you know, the time is 12pm, but you are waiting for the time to reach 12pm. Then it will eventually correct itself. 

Good point. After catching up with the latest raws I've always been wondering what Dugu Yan's revenge was, but now I know that it was Mo Yi Feng who destroyed the Dugu clan to control Dong Yue country. And in creating Dong Yue country, he had used the Qu family's powers to achieve his goals. I wish we have more explanation or parts to see the background story of Xuan Ling country (magic realm).  S1 and S2 MLC are not combined lol I know many people already start shipping them haha! 

29 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I wonder, what's that box 1st prince is testing LS with? He seems to know it and passes the 1st prince's test.

It was a historical relic belongs to dong yue’s ancestor but dug out by another country and presented back to dong yue. LS remember previously ard that time, it was presented to the king. MYH mentioned abt that country tats y LS can described correctly.

14 minutes ago, monchoo said:

It was a historical relic belongs to dong yue’s ancestor but dug out by another country and presented back to dong yue. LS remember previously ard that time, it was presented to the king. MYH mentioned abt that country tats y LS can described correctly.

Thank you! Been wondering what that object is, and they seem to be holding their breaths during the test. 

If I understood correctly, Cheng Cheng mentioned that Yu Er is conceived here (by the place near the lake), and Xiao Tan was shocked that they had a child together, and thought that he is kidding and therefore chided him for teasing her. This means Xiao Tan did not fully regain her memories yet, right? Cuz she thought Cheng Cheng is joking about them having a baby together. If she did regained all her memories, she'd probably be crying and begging Cheng Cheng to bring her back to the other Dong Yue so that she can see her son.

10 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

After the battle for the pudding, they now have battle of cakes. LOL.  XT is sooo lucky.  But seriously, I can't tell them apart anymore! 

12 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

If I understood correctly, Cheng Cheng mentioned that Yu Er is conceived here (by the place near the lake), and Xiao Tan was shocked that they had a child together, and thought that he is kidding and therefore chided him for teasing her. This means Xiao Tan did not fully regain her memories yet, right? Cuz she thought Cheng Cheng is joking about them having a baby together. If she did regained all her memories, she'd probably be crying and begging Cheng Cheng to bring her back to the other Dong Yue so that she can see her son.

Maybe she will regain it at the later part, the one where MYH summoned the orb using XT? 

What now? Are they trying to impress her by buying her a house?? The cake wasn't enough? 

5 hours ago, Yui. said:

Now that I'm all caught up with the raws. XT is still part of Mo Yi Feng's prediction. Note how MLC calls him Yi Feng instead of grandfather (because he has physician LC's memory), he also tried to explain the background story to XT who couldn't quite understand. MCL also realized how Mo Yi Feng had used Xiang Tan/ Qu family in building Dong Yue country --- hence Qu family and Mo family has a feud? (In S1 it was MLC and Qu Xiang Tan's tragic love story). Maybe XT's body wasn't soulless and Tan Er had occupied her body? Based on the novel, didn't TE become famous with XT's body? O_O Maybe this is a setup for S3? XT is technically Xiang Tan, no? Do you think maybe b/c Xiang Tan and Xiao Tan are the same soul (well Xiao Tan being the reincarnation of Xiang Tan, which is why when she lied the soul switching happened S1. Because Xiao Tan is Xiang Tan she recalls all the memories of her "soul"? )

If MLC insists that Xiao Tan S2 is same as Xiao Tan S1, hence her soul travels through different dimensions and time....OR o.o Xiao Tan would be chased to be kill in any dimension because of her relation with the soul suppressing orb.

I think you have misread what I wrote. I was talking about Mo Yi Feng's prediction that Tan Er and Mo Yi Huai won't end up together because that body will be given to Xiao Tan's soul. Yes, in the novel they swapped souls and lived in each other's world but like I said the writers tried to get creative in having the two souls stay in one body which created a plot hole for the body in the modern world to stay soulless. Which is why we can assume that those soulless bodies are long gone dead.

For S1, we for sure know that Tan Er is dead. S2, not sure if Tan Er is dead maybe she really might've transmigrated into Xiao Tan's body in the modern world and washed up on shore.

Xiang Tan and Xiao Tan are the same person. After Xiang Tan died she was born as Xiao Tan in another world as punishment. Chinese novels are so damn confusing with its genres and elements. Since this has some sort of immortality and cultivation but as a clan in the Xuan Ling World I am not sure how the system of being reborn works as it is different from the normal immortality of mortals and deities to drink the forgetful soup to be reborn as this is entirely a different set up world by the author..:sweatingbullets:

Regardless, XT will always be in danger due to her identity as the owner of the Soul Suppressing Orb. Idk if all stories will revolve around that orb lol because that thing is the one that's creating all this mess.

Archived