[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

On 11/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, Ellie Toh said:

Sometimes I forget that this Cheng Cheng is not exactly 8th Prince anymore. He is actually the reincarnated physician Sir Lian Cheng from the Magic Realm. He and Xiao Tan kinda "died off" in Dong Yue after Xiao Tan gave birth to Yu Er on his 25th birthday before being revived in the Magic Realm once again.

I'm only reminded of this whenever I see Cheng Cheng treating patients, and even more so when he placed his forehead on Xiao Tan's to check on her fever. (All 8th Prince incarnations have no medical knowledge whatsover)

I think the pre-reincarnated version of Cheng Cheng (the Lian Cheng who were in love with Qu Xiang Tan) must be such a passionate and humble person. As the current Cheng Cheng seems to inherit all the traits.

The story between the physician Sir Lian Cheng and Tribe Leader Qu Xiang Tan was a real tragic one and we only got a glimpse of it. It made me wonder if Tribe Leader Qu Xiang Tan somehow paid a price for them to be reborn and together again in another lifetime.

And what's up with Royal Grandfather Mo Yi Feng's deep love for his friend Lian Cheng? Geez. Seems abit of a bromance to me that he was so deeply affected by his death to the point he would wait so long for him to be reborn as his grandson. OMG. Did some love triangle were involved back then in the Magic Realm? You know, instead of 8th Prince+Xiao Tan+1st Prince it was Tribe Leader Mo Yi Feng+Physician Sir Lian Cheng+Xiao Tan. And these crazy relationships seems to be carried forward in all of their reincarnations.

*talking crap cuz I think I probably turned nuts from cliffhangers*

You're not nuts and I really like your take on this. :D I think you're right with the love triangle thing. If you think about it 1st prince MYH is dedicated to Tan Er's love as tribe leader MYF is dedicated to his bff physician MLC's brotherly love. Both are dedicated people when it comes to people they love and care about. And S2 drops hints on "bromance" of MLC liking his own self 8th prince. xD 

When 8th prince confronts S1 MLC, MLC says 8th prince has medical knowledge and learned it somewhere and allows 8th prince to take his pulse. So technically if this continues from S1, this MLC already has his memories as physician MLC. As his medical skills are top notch when trying to cure the king many times. 

I really want to see the back story of Xiang Tan and physician MLC. S1 barely went over it and cut it short. physician MLC was reborn as 1 same person while Xiang Tan was reborn as two souls Xiao Tan/ Tan Er or....... was her soul split in 2 and needed to be combined to be 1? Then again Tan Er's soul was killed by 1st prince and only XT was left at the end. @_@ So confusing....

*Sorry for the double post. My post got cut-off/there was an error. I had to try to retype this T^T*

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I think you are right, more like she has forgotten something. Because she kept on hinting about feeling pain whenever she sees the tatooed rose on his chest.  And I am still counting on that news about remembering their son while in past Dong Yue.  

Just my opinion though.

This drama might have so many plot holes, but I like it. It's not stuffy, it's not too serious, I do not have to worry that I miss a thing or two. I just need to watch and enjoy. I don't think that I'll enjoy it this much if they "fix" it, because when I watch fantasy movies or drama, I do not take it too seriously. I just let the story evolve, roll my eyes to all the silliness and move on.  That's why I stay away from historical dramas. Too much heavy stuff and historical accuracies is ruining my enjoyment of watching a show.  So for me, this drama may not be perfect plot-wise, but let's just remember this is fictional, fantasy, and just for plain entertainment. Laugh when it's funny, cry during the sad scenes. And roll our eyes to every plot holes and Justin Beiber scenes that might come again in this drama. Peace guys!

These are exactly my sentiments! Im here to be entertained and not take everything too seriously! Yes the plot isn’t perfect and there are some things unexplained yet but that’s okay. Dramas are here for us to forget the real world for a moment and just be in the fantasy for a bit.  I just love this drama, S1 and S2. 

No offense meant guys! :heart:

For me, the soul suppression orb was at fault as to what happened at the start of S2. If you remember MLC was so sure that the XT he found was also S1 XT, just with no orb, no life bond and no memories. Only her soul travelled not her body. If you remember in the previews she said that she saw everything S1 XT experienced when she got the soul suppresing orb in her. She’s just not convinced that it is her.

48 minutes ago, Yui. said:

You're not nuts and I really like your take on this. :D I think you're right with the love triangle thing. If you think about it 1st prince MYH is dedicated to Tan Er's love as tribe leader MYF is dedicated to his bff physician MLC's brotherly love. Both are dedicated people when it comes to people they love and care about. And S2 drops hints on "bromance" of MLC liking his own self 8th prince. xD 

When 8th prince confronts S1 MLC, MLC says 8th prince has medical knowledge and learned it somewhere and allows 8th prince to take his pulse. So technically if this continues from S1, this MLC already has his memories as physician MLC. As his medical skills are top notch when trying to cure the king many times. 

I really want to see the back story of Xiang Tan and physician MLC. S1 barely went over it and cut it short. physician MLC was reborn as 1 same person while Xiang Tan was reborn as two souls Xiao Tan/ Tan Er or....... was her soul split in 2 and needed to be combined to be 1? Then again Tan Er's soul was killed by 1st prince and only XT was left at the end. @_@ So confusing....

*Sorry for the double post. My post got cut-off/there was an error. I had to try to retype this T^T*

Here is my take on this, the original Tan Er who tried to drown herself in S1 does not have anything to do with the fantasy realm just like Mo Yi Huai not being Cold Fish Mo in the fantasy continent (sorry I forgot what its called). They just look like Xiang Tan and Mo Yi Feng. Remember Tan Er wasnt able to touch the orb when she was young while Xiao Tan is the master of the orb. XT wasnt reborn as 2 souls, they are totally diff souls and only XT can touch the orb. The old weirdo confirmed that when he cast a spell and said there are 2 souls in one body. Remember in season 1, when Mo Yi Huai killed Tan Er, XT wasn’t affected because its a soul separate from hers, they just shared the same body. They were not combined. 

Well this is my opinion :blush:

4 hours ago, selena32 said:

Here is my take on this, the original Tan Er who tried to drown herself in S1 does not have anything to do with the fantasy realm just like Mo Yi Huai not being Cold Fish Mo in the fantasy continent (sorry I forgot what its called). They just look like Xiang Tan and Mo Yi Feng. Remember Tan Er wasnt able to touch the orb when she was young while Xiao Tan is the master of the orb. XT wasnt reborn as 2 souls, they are totally diff souls and only XT can touch the orb. The old weirdo confirmed that when he cast a spell and said there are 2 souls in one body. Remember in season 1, when Mo Yi Huai killed Tan Er, XT wasn’t affected because its a soul separate from hers, they just shared the same body. They were not combined. 

Well this is my opinion :blush:

Yes I agree with you. Tan Er is just a chess piece from Mo Yi Feng’s prediction. At least she got to live as a well famed person in the novel whereas they had to kill her in the drama twice lol. The writers won’t try to complicate this further by involving more characters. They are the one who created the plot hole because both bodies are meant to be alive but this drama in both seasons left both of Xiao Tan’s body soulless in the modern world. 

5 hours ago, Yui. said:

In S2 they went back in time before everything happened, so technically both the cousin and the demon king did not die yet o.o... Does that make sense? Another plot hole? 1st prince and Pan er also died, but they were back--you see what I mean? T^T I do miss these comedic villains and hope to see more comedic villains for S3. xD I think everyone is well casted / even the villains aren't that evil which I like because they provide the comedic relief. 

Based on the novel wouldn't the orb be the one to take them back and forth through time? I also can't think of a great plot for the modern world, but I did like how in S2 we got some glimpse of them in the modern world ;] And Yue Er, their son is still a mystery and hopefully they'll expand on it because in S2 MLC did mention it T_T Last in S1, it was mentioned that XT shouldn't see her son so they sent him to 14th brother and his family to keep watch. Doesn't Yue Er have the potential to become king?

OOooo Dark Liang Jie would be interesting to see. I do wish we get more in depth of their back story too and would be nice to see more Xuan Ling content. 

Can we also appreciate the OSTs :D I love all the songs in S1 and S2 and it's such a nice touch they play S1 songs in S2 so it feels like the dramas go together. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the censor people didn't go after them because this is a "web drama" and not broadcasted on TV. I think if this was broadcasted on TV they would have less freedom with the plot and showcasing certain scenes. 

Yes this is the past before they died but there’s also the future dimension of them being dead. Like I said if they are brought back into the story again you can predict how it’s going to be. Plus there’s also the butterfly effect, maybe something happened to them. 

Not all parents want their son to become King/Emperor. He is still too young. I think MLC and XT are the type that wants their kid to decide his future or live a simple life. XT has to separate away from her son because she is the result of danger when you associate her to the Soul Suppressing Orb.

https://m.weibo.cn/u/3616300095?is_all=1&jumpfrom=weibocom&refer_flag=1005055010_

trailer for next eps whr she recalls their past n his monologue of how he came to the modern world n realised this XT was fr a yr ago before they met. So he decided to let her fall in love w him again but underestimate himself, knowing that it’ll not be as easy to have one falling in love with a person :bawling: 

28 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Yes this is the past before they died but there’s also the future dimension of them being dead. Like I said if they are brought back into the story again you can predict how it’s going to be. Plus there’s also the butterfly effect, maybe something happened to them. 

Not all parents want their son to become King/Emperor. He is still too young. I think MLC and XT are the type that wants their kid to decide his future or live a simple life. XT has to separate away from her son because she is the result of danger when you associate her to the Soul Suppressing Orb.

I agree on this.  I never connect the first season with this one because as MLC said, this is an alternative reality, one where the real Tan er died, with QXT taking over her body.  Reality is already distorted here as evidenced by him not marrying her immediately, Dugu Yan has controlled the king, the general was politically involved.  Also, him.  The soul of QXT (wherever she is right now) and MLC are abnormalities here, meaning they shouldn't be there, but because of the orb, they destroyed the natural order.  Maybe it will be easier to take in if we think about it like the tv show Quantum Leap.  I might be wrong but the only way to correct the abnormality is by the merging of the past and future.  Like you know, the time is 12pm, but you are waiting for the time to reach 12pm. Then it will eventually correct itself. 

8 minutes ago, monchoo said:

https://m.weibo.cn/u/3616300095?is_all=1&jumpfrom=weibocom&refer_flag=1005055010_

trailer for next eps whr she recalls their past n his monologue of how he came to the modern world n realised this XT was fr a yr ago before they met. So he decided to let her fall in love w him again but underestimate himself, knowing that it’ll not be as easy to have one falling in love with a person :bawling: 

That's so sad! Poor MLC. Well, Poor 8th prince....

Ok, poor them! Let's include the 1st prince as well.

QXT, you are so lucky, girl!

37 minutes ago, monchoo said:

For the non-weiboers

20 hours ago, dramacf said:

If it's up to me, the way I'll resolve it will be through the orb comes in.

S1 MLC's spirit/soul is weak and so old sage believes that through the orb they can summon S1 XT's spirit/soul cos it's the one bonded to S1 MLC.

Once it's able to summon S1 XT's spirit it then merges with S2 XT and so she "remembers" everything again.

Then, they will try to "heal" S1 MLC again through the bond so he won't vanish/disappear BUT it won't be enough since the damage was too great.

Unfortunately, something bad happens to S2 MLC and his spirit/soul is weakened so, old sage will suggest to merge S1 MLC's spirit/soul to S2 MLC since S1 MLC's spirit/soul is strong but he has a weak body that they're unable to heal despite the bond he has with the merged XQT. 

S2 MLC and S1 MLC will agree since they won't let the merged QXT die once S1 MLC's body dies along with his spirit/soul.

I think the writer would want to keep the story feel " the same" but somehow different? Hence, the reason she introduced the two MLCs in S2 cos they were 2 QXT sharing one body in S1 and she made it a bit difficult this time cos this season we're dealing with actually two physical bodies of the same person (MLC).

I doubt they will make MLC have "amnesia" in S3 cos that would ruin it but I'm pretty sure they will find a way for them both to "forget" and another individual this time to help them both remember who they are.

What you should about S1 XT merging with S2 XT i would accept i just cant handle them ignoring S1 XT at all. 

19 hours ago, golinda27 said:

I still think there’s something up. MLC is very convinced that she is his XT and not a replacement or anyone else. He doesn’t say that his wife is in another world, he says that she’s forgotten who he is. 

no offence but hes just being stupid.

Also so when they merge what happens do S2 XT/MLC both just like vanish . 

17 hours ago, monchoo said:

Ok... I feel like I’m missing something :huh: There seem to be a number of scenes from their modern day past that I haven’t seen e.g. XT slapping MLC at a presentation. Are they just slipping in a bunch of new footage to pad out their history, or was I meant to have seen it?

As an aside, I prefer XT’s hairpiece in season 1. That thing on her head is really distracting. 

I’ve caught up with the raws, and am currently searching for preview videos (and Xing Zhao Lin pictures, haha. A new hobby is born!), but I’m super confused by the preview. What is XT doing sweet talking Mo Yi Huai? And in one scene where XT has an elaborate headpiece, it looks like she’s getting married, but is really unhappy about it? So many questions. In a good way. Love this drama. So many twists and turns, and it is fast paced. I mean, just when I start to think about fast-forwarding an emperor/Qu papa/Degu consort (may she dance in peace) scene, it’s like Bam! No need to rewind, back to 8th Prince’s Manor.

Also I am a grown woman but I want this poster on my bedroom wall: 

The+Eternal+Love+2+8.jpg

Haha

Archived