[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, selena32 said:

@Renaro Kopique

Wow I like your take on this! The reason why I like this drama is just like what you said! I agree 100%! :blush: I really find it boring that other dramas play out the courtship game for so long (as what you said 20-40 episodes) then we get a few lame lame kissing scenes (wide eyed closed mouthed) let's be realistic, skinship in real life is not like that! I also liked the fact that they seemed to stick to realistic looking costumes and sets! The pacing is just fabulous too. They don't stick with the same villain for most of the drama and resolve the conflicts quickly. No draggy parts at all! I don't feel that a lot of the scenes are just fillers! 

I just love the before and after pics you posted. Everyone just looks much much better! Even the emperor, queen dowager and of course 14th prince. But I think the best transformation goes to Mo Yi Huai! :glasses:In S1 I didn't find him attractive at all! And now, Yowzah! 

I didn't know that the actress who played Pan Er is so young, even younger than most of the young cast! She really looked like the older sister! Surprising!:dizzy:

Yes, I hate that pulled back mickey mouse hair but it really depends on how it can be styled. :joy:I agree with that wide eye closed mouth kisses. We don't need those fish eye kisses. This drama only shows it during their first kiss because it's unexpected and we can see that the couple enjoys it after with smiles in between.

No matter what world it is, Mo Yi Huai will likely suffer as it's his fate. We can only give Richard Wang justice by having our grandpa Mo Yi Feng back! -_- I feel like a weirdo but I low key want to see him play with his hair again lol it's cute.

@selena32 Surprisingly JIng Xin is 25. The males are born somewhere between 1997-1998. I feel like Pan Er looks better in modern styling.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramacf
15 hours ago, Wotad said:

I actually starting to dislike MLC because he doesnt realise this is not the same XT .

They are the same person but not really .

It's not really dislike that I'm feeling for S1 MLC, more like disappointment and frustration cos S2 QXT already said to him she's not his Tan'er but he still kept pushing her to "remember" things that she didn't even experience. I know most people here love S1 MLC but if you think of it what he's doing to S2 QXT is sexual harassment. S1 MLC is smart from the start he already deducted he was in the Dongyue prior to the events that happened on S1 yet he kept pushing himself to S2 QXT just cos QXT was his wife in S1. What I don't understand is S1 MLC should just leave S2 QXT alone since she's fated to be with him even if it's the other him (S2 MLC). I'm just glad S2 MLC has more sense in him than take advantage of the fact that S2 QXT is his servant. I mean he could steal kisses just like S1 MLC cos he'll get away with it and S2 QXT being his servant can't do anything about it if he decides to do that but he doesn't. He just keeps telling her that he wants S2 QXT to only have eyes for him. If not for S1 MLC meddling, I'm pretty certain S2 QXT would've been in love with S2 MLC by this time just like the way it should've been in S1 but hey I'm not the writer, I like S1 MLC but I think the writer instead of him meddling between S2 MLC & S2 QXT should've acted as matchmaker even if it's hard for him and if it makes him jealous. It would've been way hilarious if S1 MLC acts as matchmaker but S2 QXT was having some confused feelings for him and S1 MLC be like, No, you should be falling for him and then she'll get more confused when she finds out that the two MLCs are one and the same person. That's how I was playing it in my head before when they first introduced that there's 2 MLCs in EP3 I think.

Oh well, as long as they merge the 2 MLCs, I won't have issues with them and S2 QXT. Maybe, there will come a situation where S2 MLC's spirit will be weakened by an attack from S2 QXT's father and so the old sage will suggest they need to merge cos S2 needs S1's spirit while S1 needs S2's body. It makes sense somehow if that's how this will turn out.

34 minutes ago, dramacf said:

It's not really dislike that I'm feeling for S1 MLC, more like disappointment and frustration cos S2 QXT already said to him she's not his Tan'er but he still kept pushing her to "remember" things that she didn't even experience. I know most people here love S1 MLC but if you think of it what he's doing to S2 QXT is sexual harassment. S1 MLC is smart from the start he already deducted he was in the Dongyue prior to the events that happened on S1 yet he kept pushing himself to S2 QXT just cos QXT was his wife in S1. What I don't understand is S1 MLC should just leave S2 QXT alone since she's fated to be with him even if it's the other him (S2 MLC). I'm just glad S2 MLC has more sense in him than take advantage of the fact that S2 QXT is his servant. I mean he could steal kisses just like S1 MLC cos he'll get away with it and S2 QXT being his servant can't do anything about it if he decides to do that but he doesn't. He just keeps telling her that he wants S2 QXT to only have eyes for him. If not for S1 MLC meddling, I'm pretty certain S2 QXT would've been in love with S2 MLC by this time just like the way it should've been in S1 but hey I'm not the writer, I like S1 MLC but I think the writer instead of him meddling between S2 MLC & S2 QXT should've acted as matchmaker even if it's hard for him and if it makes him jealous. It would've been way hilarious if S1 MLC acts as matchmaker but S2 QXT was having some confused feelings for him and S1 MLC be like, No, you should be falling for him and then she'll get more confused when she finds out that the two MLCs are one and the same person. That's how I was playing it in my head before when they first introduced that there's 2 MLCs in EP3 I think.

Oh well, as long as they merge the 2 MLCs, I won't have issues with them and S2 QXT. Maybe, there will come a situation where S2 MLC's spirit will be weakened by an attack from S2 QXT's father and so the old sage will suggest they need to merge cos S2 needs S1's spirit while S1 needs S2's body. It makes sense somehow if that's how this will turn out.

Omg I actually like that concept of when you're the main character but you have to push yourself as the supporting cast to make the real right OTP. :wub:

I agree that it is not right for MLC to keep pushing his wife's identity onto S2 XT. I mean that's creepy especially with his stalking. *coughs* Better than doing that he could have smoothly stole her heart without saying anything. I guess love does make you blind.  At least it isn't badly forced like the 1st Prince and Qu Pan Er who enters the dark path.

1 hour ago, selena32 said:

Can somebody please translate the tearjerking scene when XT found MLC at the weirdo’s house? Please please

what was MLC saying when he was extending his hands and XT was backing away?

When she sees him, she calls him out for being a noble idiot. Then she hugs him and tells him to let her take care of him. He pushes her away and tells her he doesn’t want to see her and for her to go. She says fine but don’t regret it. She backs up so he thinks that she’s left. Then he says “Sorry Tan Er. I don’t have the strength to protect you anymore. Sorry.”  She then slaps him and says “Did you think I left? Where do you think I would return to? Isn’t the place that I should return to is you? Do you still want to push me away?”

53 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

When she sees him, she calls him out for being a noble idiot. Then she hugs him and tells him to let her take care of him. He pushes her away and tells her he doesn’t want to see her and for her to go. She says fine but don’t regret it. She backs up so he thinks that she’s left. Then he says “Sorry Tan Er. I don’t have the strength to protect you anymore. Sorry.”  She then slaps him and says “Did you think I left? Where do you think I would return to? Isn’t the place that I should return to is you? Do you still want to push me away?”

Thank you so much! :heart: I really needed to know. Man! I love this couple so much!

I really don't know what happened to me. Logically speaking, most people would like to watch the main leads and their interaction more, and I used to be like that too. However, this time, I keep anticipating Liu Shang appearance more, especially if he is in his disguise a.k.a when he is acted by Chen You Wei. :D

Guest dramacf
5 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Omg I actually like that concept of when you're the main character but you have to push yourself as the supporting cast to make the real right OTP. :wub:

I agree that it is not right for MLC to keep pushing his wife's identity onto S2 XT. I mean that's creepy especially with his stalking. *coughs* Better than doing that he could have smoothly stole her heart without saying anything. I guess love does make you blind.  At least it isn't badly forced like the 1st Prince and Qu Pan Er who enters the dark path.

For season 3 I hope Liu Shang will be their son and will be their match maker. Cos I bet something horrible happens in the beginning of S3 and we're back to maybe MLC not remembering QXT or worse both of them won't remember each other cos they were thrown back prior to S1 events again and it's up to their son who remembers what happened and so he will reunite his parents or he'll cease to exist. Maybe, it's too cliche but I trust they will find ways to twist the story. That's how I envision S3 in my head. Damn, why is Monday so far away!

7 hours ago, dramacf said:

even if they merge what about S1 XT? 

This is really a plot hole i cant forget. 

I literally would have preferred s1 XT to die then he finds her in the mortal world. 

1 hour ago, dramacf said:

For season 3 I hope Liu Shang will be their son and will be their match maker. Cos I bet something horrible happens in the beginning of S3 and we're back to maybe MLC not remembering QXT or worse both of them won't remember each other cos they were thrown back prior to S1 events again and it's up to their son who remembers what happened and so he will reunite his parents or he'll cease to exist. Maybe, it's too cliche but I trust they will find ways to twist the story. That's how I envision S3 in my head. Damn, why is Monday so far away!

really not a fan of this richard simmons ;p no offence to these writers but i could come up with something better ;p

25 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I literally would have preferred s1 XT to die then he finds her in the mortal world. 

I think that S1 XT and S2 XT are one in the same and it’s the orb that is surpressing her memories. Also, both MLC’s hearts keep hurting and they haven’t really addressed why yet. So even though it looks like a plot hole right now, I don’t think it is. 

Guest dramacf
17 minutes ago, Wotad said:

If it's up to me, the way I'll resolve it will be through the orb comes in.

S1 MLC's spirit/soul is weak and so old sage believes that through the orb they can summon S1 XT's spirit/soul cos it's the one bonded to S1 MLC.

Once it's able to summon S1 XT's spirit it then merges with S2 XT and so she "remembers" everything again.

Then, they will try to "heal" S1 MLC again through the bond so he won't vanish/disappear BUT it won't be enough since the damage was too great.

Unfortunately, something bad happens to S2 MLC and his spirit/soul is weakened so, old sage will suggest to merge S1 MLC's spirit/soul to S2 MLC since S1 MLC's spirit/soul is strong but he has a weak body that they're unable to heal despite the bond he has with the merged XQT. 

S2 MLC and S1 MLC will agree since they won't let the merged QXT die once S1 MLC's body dies along with his spirit/soul.

32 minutes ago, Wotad said:

really not a fan of this richard simmons ;p no offence to these writers but i could come up with something better ;p

I think the writer would want to keep the story feel " the same" but somehow different? Hence, the reason she introduced the two MLCs in S2 cos they were 2 QXT sharing one body in S1 and she made it a bit difficult this time cos this season we're dealing with actually two physical bodies of the same person (MLC).

I doubt they will make MLC have "amnesia" in S3 cos that would ruin it but I'm pretty sure they will find a way for them both to "forget" and another individual this time to help them both remember who they are.

Guest dramacf
11 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

think that S1 XT and S2 XT are one in the same and it’s the orb that is surpressing her memories.

There's no memories to be suppressed or remembered cos S2 QXT came from the time prior to S1 events happening which is before the whole bed issue that "transported" her to past Dongyue. S2 QXT came from the past timeline of the modern world where she had no knowledge of Dongyue yet.

45 minutes ago, dramacf said:

There's no memories to be suppressed or remembered cos S2 QXT came from the time prior to S1 events happening which is before the whole bed issue that "transported" her to past Dongyue. S2 QXT came from the past timeline of the modern world where she had no knowledge of Dongyue yet.

I still think there’s something up. MLC is very convinced that she is his XT and not a replacement or anyone else. He doesn’t say that his wife is in another world, he says that she’s forgotten who he is. 

3 hours ago, golinda27 said:

I still think there’s something up. MLC is very convinced that she is his XT and not a replacement or anyone else. He doesn’t say that his wife is in another world, he says that she’s forgotten who he is. 

I think you are right, more like she has forgotten something. Because she kept on hinting about feeling pain whenever she sees the tatooed rose on his chest.  And I am still counting on that news about remembering their son while in past Dong Yue.  

Just my opinion though.

This drama might have so many plot holes, but I like it. It's not stuffy, it's not too serious, I do not have to worry that I miss a thing or two. I just need to watch and enjoy. I don't think that I'll enjoy it this much if they "fix" it, because when I watch fantasy movies or drama, I do not take it too seriously. I just let the story evolve, roll my eyes to all the silliness and move on.  That's why I stay away from historical dramas. Too much heavy stuff and historical accuracies is ruining my enjoyment of watching a show.  So for me, this drama may not be perfect plot-wise, but let's just remember this is fictional, fantasy, and just for plain entertainment. Laugh when it's funny, cry during the sad scenes. And roll our eyes to every plot holes and Justin Beiber scenes that might come again in this drama. Peace guys!

14 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I think you are right, more like she has forgotten something. Because she kept on hinting about feeling pain whenever she sees the tatooed rose on his chest.  And I am still counting on that news about remembering their son while in past Dong Yue.  

Just my opinion though.

This drama might have so many plot holes, but I like it. It's not stuffy, it's not too serious, I do not have to worry that I miss a thing or two. I just need to watch and enjoy. I don't think that I'll enjoy it this much if they "fix" it, because when I watch fantasy movies or drama, I do not take it too seriously. I just let the story evolve, roll my eyes to all the silliness and move on.  That's why I stay away from historical dramas. Too much heavy stuff and historical accuracies is ruining my enjoyment of watching a show.  So for me, this drama may not be perfect plot-wise, but let's just remember this is fictional, fantasy, and just for plain entertainment. Laugh when it's funny, cry during the sad scenes. And roll our eyes to every plot holes and Justin Beiber scenes that might come again in this drama. Peace guys!

I like what you’re thinking! It’s a very light drama and that’s why I love it. 

Another reason why I think they’re one in the same is when she first gets to Dong Yue and climbs the wall and Jing Xin says that Tan’Er’s father will beat her, XT says “then let him” and then says “why does this seem familiar?” It could be the writers doing it for comic relief but it could also mean that her memories are just gone. 

22 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

They're already dead so I don't think it is a good idea to bring them back. If they are back in a different dimension that's like another repeat of the past and I think we want the plot to keep moving forward.

I don't think they should go to any parallel worlds or they will suffer like MLC. And I wonder if they would meet a doppelganger or a modern version of someone but it wouldn't really be the person they know.

Modern is great but I cant think of a plot for it lol. I mean MLC effortlessly learnt everything about that world already and I really really really don't want to see the leads restart their love life. I've always wanted to watch dramas on what lovers do after they get together.

I want to know more about Qu Xiang Tan or their way to immortality :grin:if they wanna be together forever then they gotta stop aging first. I felt like they cut out so much content on S1 like S2. They probably filmed a more in-depth backstory? Liang Jie rocks this hair style too. I wanna see her dark side.

In S2 they went back in time before everything happened, so technically both the cousin and the demon king did not die yet o.o... Does that make sense? Another plot hole? 1st prince and Pan er also died, but they were back--you see what I mean? T^T I do miss these comedic villains and hope to see more comedic villains for S3. xD I think everyone is well casted / even the villains aren't that evil which I like because they provide the comedic relief. 

Based on the novel wouldn't the orb be the one to take them back and forth through time? I also can't think of a great plot for the modern world, but I did like how in S2 we got some glimpse of them in the modern world ;] And Yue Er, their son is still a mystery and hopefully they'll expand on it because in S2 MLC did mention it T_T Last in S1, it was mentioned that XT shouldn't see her son so they sent him to 14th brother and his family to keep watch. Doesn't Yue Er have the potential to become king?

OOooo Dark Liang Jie would be interesting to see. I do wish we get more in depth of their back story too and would be nice to see more Xuan Ling content. 

Can we also appreciate the OSTs :D I love all the songs in S1 and S2 and it's such a nice touch they play S1 songs in S2 so it feels like the dramas go together. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the censor people didn't go after them because this is a "web drama" and not broadcasted on TV. I think if this was broadcasted on TV they would have less freedom with the plot and showcasing certain scenes. 

Archived