[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

OMG! I couldn't stop myself from watching the raws even though I couldnt understand a thing! But when the scene came when our XT was trying to impersonate Lin Shang to tell that foreign princess off. :lol::scream: I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair. I so love this girl, she will do anything to keep her man, and do the most outrageous things! And that stripping scene!  Man! Hot and at the same time funny as heck! :sweat_smile:

Thank you you for the recap of episode 18 allarice! You're the best! This just means that MLC and XT could have gone on together if only XT showed up! Uggghhhhh! (Pulls hair out!) so frustrating! 

but then again, XT wouldn't be XT without her loyalty to her friends! :triumph:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, monchoo said:

To me the most heartbreaking scene was not the breaking off by the river bank. It's the scene where she's right in front of him and he can't see her yet living on their memories. And I feel really sad for the 8th prince when she call his name MLC during her unconsciousness yet it wasn't the 8th prince who was in her heart. IDK even though they are the same person yet the drama has succeeded in making me watching them as a different person! But season 2 is really really good in terms of story plot and  all they improvement of the whole casts. The tears keep on falling down the cheeks of the leads at the heartbreaking scene at Liu Qian Shui's house really had me teary-eyed.

Monchoo what do you mean when you said that XT cried out MLC’s name and 8th prince was there, when was this? Was it in a preview? I think I missed that! 

That is sad when you think about it! :bawling: But I hope they can resolve it at the end with the merge

@selena32

i forgot eps 19 or 20. Happened after the breaking off scene at the riverbank. LS send a letter to 8th prince by telling him to wait for XT and 8th prince actually has a place in XT's heart. LS asked him to take good care of XT as she's feeling unhappy abt somethg but didn't stated the somethg is the break off incident to 8th prince. So when XT went back, 8th prince is waiting and carry her to her bedroom. She was sleep talking when 8th prince is sitting by her bedside. She called out Cheng cheng and Mo lian cheng's name. Scolding him for being bad to her and leaving her alone. So when 8th prince heard his name he thought XT does like him but when she scolding him in sleep, 8th prince realised XT was talking about Liu Shang. Furthermore, she woke up and pulled her hands away from him. So 8th prince was actually very confused why they share the same name and why LS sed XT's heart has a place for him. Are they actually playing a fool on him, 8th prince thought. 

That's the saddest part, MLC is the 8th prince, yet I can't help but feel sorry for 8th because it is exactly what QXT is feeling when MLC insists that she is his wife.  They are absolutely clueless.  But I feel sad for the 8th prince because it feels like as if she likes the modern version of him, but not HIM. Confusing, right?  I wouldn't blame him if he just let MLC fight his own battle, but what the heck. Protecting the other means protecting their future.

Goodness gracious.  I sound like a demented woman after watching this show.  I don't think i make sense anymore. LMAO

I was rewatching that scene where the king presented his sons to the princess and for her to choose her husband.  LOL at the 8th prince's expression. He was like, if given the chance to run, he'd be the first out of the room before they could all blink. What he did not know is that the princess unknowingly chose the other him. LMAO.

Can't blame her.  Cheng Cheng is much better than his old self. 

2 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I was rewatching that scene where the king presented his sons to the princess and for her to choose her husband.  LOL at the 8th prince's expression. He was like, if given the chance to run, he'd be the first out of the room before they could all blink. What he did not know is that the princess unknowingly chose the other him. LMAO.

Love the way 8th prince smirked when the princess chooses LS instead of him. He was so relief and thought his rival was off:naughty:

12 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I know right! Both 1st prince and 8th prince disdainly looked away like saying ‘Dont pick me, I dont want you!’ And its ironic they both want the same woman! XT is sooo lucky, both guys are gorgeous and they’re crazy about her! :joy:

And the satisfied look on his face when he realized that the princess liked liu shang. He be like ‘Oh yeah, go for him! So that he’s out of my way!’ So adorbs!

3 hours ago, allarice said:

Np! It's really good practice, since I'm slowly forgetting all my Chinese.

Recap for Episode 18 as well:

Reveal hidden contents

The episode opens with LS and 8P in 8P’s study. LS admires 8P’s calligraphy, but 8P has more pressing matters to discuss: the Princess of Yong Ye’s interest in him. 8P is firmly against marrying her, and asks LS to investigate her intentions. LS asks 8P why he is opposed, as Yong Ye would be a valuable ally. 8P tells LS that he should not ask questions that he already knows the answers to. 

The princess wants to buy a sword in a store, but the manager informs her that the sword is already promised to another. The princess threatens the manager with the destruction of his store. She is stopped by LS. LS asks her if she is acting up because she cannot choose her own husband, and instead is being given to Dong Yue as a political gift. The princess is stricken by how well he understands her. LS returns the dagger she gave 8P with his apologies. The princess says that she understands that 8P already has someone in his heart, and would not force him —  besides, she already has someone else in mind. She smiles at LS and leaves. LS grasps his sleeve where she touched him and watches her with interest as she walks away. 

The princess and the various princes stand in front of the emperor. The emperor asks her which prince she prefers as her groom. She looks shyly at 8P, and the emperor assumes that she has chosen him. The princess says she is interested not in 8P, but instead LS, who stands directly behind him. 

XT runs up to MLC and accuses MLC of finding a foreign mistress right after starting their relationship. She tackles him and they fall onto his bed. She kisses him and starts undressing him. (She’s definitely on top during this scene.) MLC tells XT not to do anything rash, and promises to clarify things with the princess the next day. XT ignores him and runs off with his LS mask instead.

Wearing LS’s face, XT walks out of MLC’s residence. She practices “it’s not you, it's me” lines to use on the princess. The princess walks in and asks why LS's voice sounds so funny. LS (or XT as LS) says that he’s suffered an illness, and that his voice will be this ugly for the rest of his life. The princess says that she doesn’t mind as long as it’s his voice that she hears. LS examines the dagger that the princess gave 8P, which she is now giving him, and explains that he, too, already loves someone. But the princess insists that since he has accepted her gift, he is hers by the traditions of Yong Ye. XT as LS very maturely says that something along the lines of: “So be it, but you must tolerate my bad habits, such as farting and picking my nose.” The princess is totally game — she thinks such behaviors are manly. XT then leaves. 

MLC is with the sage again. The sage tells MLC that his body is now even weaker. MLC worries about his deteriorating health. But he also worries about the Princess Lan Yexi (Princess of Yong Ye), and the fact that Minister Qu knows that Qu Tan’er is the key to unlocking the Soul-Suppressing Orb. He is unsure how to keep Minister Qu away from her. MLC believes he must take XT away from Dong Yue. The sage has no solutions, beyond providing MLC with more medicine. MLC wants to take larger doses, but the sage tells him doing so will only speed up his body’s decline. MLC doesn’t care — he needs to be strong, even if it decreases his life span, to take care of XT.

XT goes and finds the princess. She tells him that she is LS’s serving maid and bears a gift from him. The gift is a few pieces of straw. She then gives the princess some advice: LS is a terrible master, and a terrible husband who would never buy the princess nice things. The princess shrugs and says she can buy her own gifts, and her husband needs only look pretty. As a last try, XT tells the princess that she is too beautiful to tie herself down to a single man — she should remain free to admire many handsome men. The princess laughs and says marrying LS is entirely compatible with having a harem. XT is dumbfounded.

MYH is in his very well-decorated, slightly art-deco study when Minister Qu arrives. Minister Qu congratulates him on attaining the position of crown prince. He goads MYH, saying that the princess has snubbed the princes for a mere attendant. Furthermore, the attendant is 8P’s, establishing an alliance between Yong Ye and 8P. MYH tells Minister Qu that a little kingdom like Yong Ye is insignificant. Unsuccessful in his first attempt to schmooze, Minister Qu brings up Tan’er. He tries to convince MYH that Tan’er still loves him, only she worries that MYH cannot protect and provide for her as well as 8P can. The faster that MYH can seize power, the sooner Tan’er will turn to him. And, the longer MYH delays, the harder consolidating power will be. Minister Qu proposes a marriage between MYH and Pan’er, to link the two families. (Totally unclear how this is supposed to help MYH get with Tan’er, but okay.) MYH looks thoughtful and invites Minister Qu to stay for some tea.

MYH is practicing with the sword in the courtyard. Pan’er watches him and calls out to him, but he walks away without acknowledging her. She follows him with the foods she prepared, all of his favorites. He tells her she does not need to prepare foods for him, but Pan’er only expresses how glad she is to cook for him. MYH is appreciative of her efforts, but reminds her that he is only with her for her instrumental value. His heart belongs to Tan’er. Pan’er doesn’t care — she will follow him no matter how he treats her. 

The sage watches the stars and realizes that an astrological event approaches. This means MLC can return to where he came from, rather than disappear into nothing.

The Qu family has forced XT’s maid into the manor, having caught her at the market. They accuse her of concealing the changes in XT from the family. Mistress Qu cackles and tortures Jing Xin with needles as Jing Xin begs for mercy.

MLC and XT discuss their route home. MLC hands XT instructions — XT should find him at a meeting point by . the sea at night, after he has finished up a few last things. As XT runs to pack, 14P finds her and alerts her to the fact that her maid is missing. They realize that Jing Xin has been taken by the Qu family. XT thinks it is a great idea to go by herself to the Qu family manor. 14P offers to come with her, but XT refuses, saying that it is unseemly for a prince to go and retrieve a mere maid. XT then leaves alone. 

MLC and the sage watch the astrological event as the sky grows dark. They wait for XT, but she is nowhere to be found. Only two hours remain before the portal closes. 

XT runs into the Qu manor, and finds Jing Xin unconscious on the floor. XT threatens them with a lawyer and social shame on Weibo. The Qus laugh. Jing Xin wakes up, and XT tries to take her and leave. They are blocked by the Qu’s household staff. 

The portal is closing. The sage warns MLC that if he does not leave now, he will die in Dong Yue. MLC insists on waiting for XT, even if it means his death. They watch the sky go dark.

You made my day!!! Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time and efforts. :heart:

44 minutes ago, selena32 said:

I know right! Both 1st prince and 8th prince disdainly looked away like saying ‘Dont pick me, I dont want you!’ And its ironic they both want the same woman! XT is sooo lucky, both guys are gorgeous and they’re crazy about her! :joy:

And the satisfied look on his face when he realized that the princess liked liu shang. He be like ‘Oh yeah, go for him! So that he’s out of my way!’ So adorbs!

And LS was like OMG, what did just happen?? LOL

It was like joining Mr Yong Ye where everyone are forced to join and LS as the unlucky winner. LMAO

37 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

And LS was like OMG, what did just happen?? LOL

It was like joining Mr Yong Ye where everyone are forced to join and LS as the unlucky winner. LMAO

LIu Shang be like ‘when XT finds out about this Im toast! The last time she got jealous of a woman, she thrashed an entire room! Im so sleeping in the doghouse tonight’ :joy:

I also loved the fact that she called the blue princess a smurf LOL

OMG! I just watched the raws of ep 19, even though I cant understand everything the OST and the actors are gold! I was crying like a baby for Mo Yi Huai on his wedding night! I am so sad for this guy, he just wants to be with the woman he loves for pete’s sake! Waah :bawling: (Looking for an empty room to cry again...)

and then there’s that heartbreaking scene by the river.! What are the writers trying to do? Force me to early retirement due to heartbreak! :astonished: See what this drama is making me say!? LOL

18 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

@ildiz Actually, i can't imagine him with anybody after this drama. Even if LJ is engaged, I'll forever remember them as my OTP.  Their chemistry is definitely off the charts.

Imagine somebody else playing MLC or QXT?! If they change even one of the leads for the next season, thats it for me!

the way they banter, tease, their jealousy and the way they kiss! Ohhh lala! Smokin! 

There’s only one other couple I can think of that can match their chemistry and ironically their dramas have the same name! LOL

3 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Sorry to be that person....when nostalgia hits you:bawling:

s6nSHYH.jpg  daZQpxT.jpg

Omg...this drama is all about role reversal. I wonder if they are gonna make Xiao Tan and Cheng Cheng swap each other's body next. That would be so fun to watch.

4 hours ago, selena32 said:

OMG! I just watched the raws of ep 19, even though I cant understand everything the OST and the actors are gold! I was crying like a baby for Mo Yi Huai on his wedding night! I am so sad for this guy, he just wants to be with the woman he loves for pete’s sake! Waah :bawling: (Looking for an empty room to cry again...)

and then there’s that heartbreaking scene by the river.! What are the writers trying to do? Force me to early retirement due to heartbreak! :astonished: See what this drama is making me say!? LOL

I feel you. I feel sorry for Yi Huai Ge He too...

38 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Imagine somebody else playing MLC or QXT?! If they change even one of the leads for the next season, thats it for me!

the way they banter, tease, their jealousy and the way they kiss! Ohhh lala! Smokin! 

There’s only one other couple I can think of that can match their chemistry and ironically their dramas have the same name! LOL

You mean Ye Hua and Bai Qian of Eternal Love(Ten Miles Peach Blossoms)?

Archived