Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

I'm already dying waiting for season 2..now they're gonna make me wait for season 3 too!!! It looks like season 3 (from the poster) will be more modern....whooo hoo!! 

There is a vietnamese translated version for the novel but it's not completed..has anybody read any part of it? I can't even bring myself to read it until i finish the drama...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, golinda27 said:

There's a clip in Liang Jie's music video where she's sleeping on his shoulder and he's looking at both their hands. My eyes might be fooling me but it looks like his glows and hers doesn't look like it. Maybe that has to do with the life-death bond? I'm currently living in denial because I don't want the future XT plot twist lol! I'm too invested in the current characters.

Speaking of teasers. We're half-way through the series. I'm hoping they release another MV or something with more teasers for the rest of the series. I hate this up-in-the-air guessing of plot. Totally know that I should just watch but there's just this part of me that wants to know now haha!

Also, I feel like I'm living in this thread today. You guys are just sparking up great points and convo!

Oh yeah, I saw that clip too. So, does that mean he's disappearing bc he doesn't belong in that era or is it that S1 XT is dying (life-death bond)? Lol, I have no idea at all too. I'm in denial too but I'm shipping S1 characters instead lol.

I hope they do post another MV also b/c I'm pretty sure there are a lot more scenes that we haven't seen. I hate that too lol. I'm impatient as well. 

I love that everyone is participating more on this drama :blush:

8 hours ago, monchoo said:

U gotta be kidding me! Weibo just put up a poster with the title ‘the eternal love 3’ with original casting in the progress wahhahahahaha!:lol: super excited and going mad!!!! Hopefully it’s not a joke! I will never have enuh of these 2 lovebirds

I love this idea but that means we have to wait until next year :bawling: lol

29 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

I'm already dying waiting for season 2..now they're gonna make me wait for season 3 too!!! It looks like season 3 (from the poster) will be more modern....whooo hoo!! 

There is a vietnamese translated version for the novel but it's not completed..has anybody read any part of it? I can't even bring myself to read it until i finish the drama...

Same. The hourglass has skyscrapers and with XT & MLC. It looks so interesting. I wonder what will it be about.

sZbPMpb.jpg

• Like 2

Why do people want mortal? If its a mortal season ill skip it PLEASE do it in the fantasy realm. 

Modern world is so damn boring honestly i do hope they can fix the plot holes though. 

3 hours ago, dramacf said:

OMG! I wonder now, how they will end this? Or if they had the foresight and maybe filmed 2 sets of finale like one if it's going to be the end and another one if they're actually going to pull off a trilogy....which brings me back now to hoping that at the latter half S1 MLC realizes that past S2 XT is not his S1 XT so he will give way to S2 MLC to woo S2 XT. Then the two MLCs work together to get the orb so it can help magically bring back S1 XT cos after all S1 MLC and S1 XT have a life-death bond and I assume this extends to their souls. So maybe the orb can summon S1 XT and maybe it will end there... and S3 will continue from there?

This is what im hoping. 

S1 MLC and S1 XT have a life bond and are the original OTP this current s2 XT and S2 8th prince should be together . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Why do people want mortal? If its a mortal season ill skip it PLEASE do it in the fantasy realm. 

Modern world is so damn boring honestly i do hope they can fix the plot holes though. 

I like modern world but not the whole season of it though bc there's literally no harm in modern world sooo a mixed of everything would be nice for me. But i get where you're coming from.

2 minutes ago, joohoney1hunnit said:

I like modern world but not the whole season of it though bc there's literally no harm in modern world sooo a mixed of everything would be nice for me. But i get where you're coming from.

Im just thinking would i enjoy the modern world setting , cars, etc.. over the fantasy costumes and sword fighting etc.. I have never been impressed with a show doing a modern take after fantasy. Ice fantasy/Scarlet heart etc.. 

I would love a fantasy setting in that other fantasy world where they all got cool powers etc.. 

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

Im just thinking would i enjoy the modern world setting , cars, etc.. over the fantasy costumes and sword fighting etc.. I have never been impressed with a show doing a modern take after fantasy. Ice fantasy/Scarlet heart etc.. 

I would love a fantasy setting in that other fantasy world where they all got cool powers etc.. 

Yeah, it basically loses the whole point of this story in the first place (going back in time and fighting in the supernatural worlds). But we'll have to see what happens. I do want to see more fighting scenes as well.

• Like 1

Guest dramacf
11 minutes ago, Wotad said:

This is what im hoping. 

S1 MLC and S1 XT have a life bond and are the original OTP this current s2 XT and S2 8th prince should be together .

Yes! Cos for the drama to truly embody eternal love, the original versions of the OTP must be together. It's like they will find each other in whatever dimension or timeline and they will see how their other versions fall in love with one another again (S2 MLC with S2 XT). Honestly, if not for S1 MLC, S2 XT would've already been half in love with S2 MLC by now. I'm really really crossing my fingers that S1 MLC realize that this version of XT isn't his that his own XT is waiting for him somewhere and he needs the orb so they can find/summon her. Cos that's the only purpose of the orb I can see for this season. And if they do then they can merge S1/S2 MLC and S1/S2 XT into one however magically possible that will be. Then both get sucked into whatever dimension again (for S3) but this time it will be different, XT will be a princess and MLC will be his servant and they bicker and fall in love all over again! That's my head canon. :P

15 minutes ago, dramacf said:

Yes! Cos for the drama to truly embody eternal love, the original versions of the OTP must be together. It's like they will find each other in whatever dimension or timeline and they will see how their other versions fall in love with one another again (S2 MLC with S2 XT). Honestly, if not for S1 MLC, S2 XT would've already been half in love with S2 MLC by now. I'm really really crossing my fingers that S1 MLC realize that this version of XT isn't his that his own XT is waiting for him somewhere and he needs the orb so they can find/summon her. Cos that's the only purpose of the orb I can see for this season. And if they do then they can merge S1/S2 MLC and S1/S2 XT into one however magically possible that will be. Then both get sucked into whatever dimension again (for S3) but this time it will be different, XT will be a princess and MLC will be his servant and they bicker and fall in love all over again! That's my head canon. :P

Totally agree its not eternal love if the original XT is gone.. and shes not dead otherwise life bond would have killed MLC, what worries me though is that she got the memories of the s1 XT and thinks they are hers when in reality they are not. 

• Like 1

if there is S1 XT then S1 MLC has been cheating/affair with S2 XT.  The question is- how will S1 XT feels about it? lmao

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm taking a guess from the image they show with the hourglass and the building it could mean that it will take place in modern time with the full cast this time probably. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

Now with season 3 confirmed, is that mean they will be separated again in season 2.

Not please!!!!!

Happy ending in Eternal love 2 please!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dramacf said:

Then I'm really confused now.  Earlier, we have been discussing about that news that QXT remembered her past self after her encounter with the orb, as well as her son. So if we are going to follow your thoughts, then where will this news come in? I was thinking that perhaps at one point the two MLC will merge, you know, the past and present timeline. There is this part where LS is lying in bed bleeding and 8th prince is levitating, like transferring his energy and a caption about having two people living in the palace at the same time. I know it is confusing, but my theory is this: the timeline is correct. MLC is dealing with both past selves of MLC and QXT, but unlike MLC who travelled body and soul, it was only the soul of QXt who travelled, thus the role of the orb in the recent timeline. There is no link in her body because this an alternate reality, where QXT did not die, no life bond link happened.  QXT is not dead, the soul  of the S1 QXT is trapped (come on, this is fantasy. Dead is not dead until the soul is gone. It defies logic but this is drama after all.) somewhere.  I also remember that scene about QXT waving at her from the water, that could possibly mean that the soul is still out there somewhere, just waiting to return.

There are so many hints here and there where MLC acts like modern MLC, so the posibility that the stuck up prince merged with the modern one along the way.  

Also there is this MV where MLC and the weirdo guy are watching the sky with three stars. I'm more inclined to believe that it has something to do with the past, present and future. It's a bit far-fetched but it's more logical than asking the characters from S1 to keep on travelling. Also, MLC needs to die again, as prophesized by his grandfather, thus the possibility of them travelling again is high, and that will probably the premise of the S3.

Edited by crazyoverkdrama
Confusion in post
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Then I'm really confused now.  Earlier, we have been discussing about that news that QXT remembered her past self after her encounter with the orb, as well as her son. So if we are going to follow your thoughts, then where will this news come in? I was thinking that perhaps at one point the two MLC will merge, you know, the past and present timeline. There is this part where LS is lying in bed bleeding and 8th prince is levitating, like transferring his energy and a caption about having two people living in the palace at the same time. I know it is confusing, but my theory is this: the timeline is correct. MLC is dealing with both past selves of MLC and QXT, but unlike MLC who travelled body and soul, it was only the soul of QXt who travelled, thus the role of the orb in the recent timeline. There is no link in her body because this an alternate reality, where QXT did not die, no life bond link happened.  QXT is not dead, the soul  of the S1 QXT is trapped (come on, this is fantasy. Dead is not dead until the soul is gone. It defies logic but this is drama after all.) somewhere.  I also remember that scene about QXT waving at her from the water, that could possibly mean that the soul is still out there somewhere, just waiting to return.

There are so many hints here and there where MLC acts like modern MLC, so the posibility that the stuck up prince merged with the modern one along the way.  

Also there is this MV where MLC and the weirdo guy are watching the sky with three stars. I'm more inclined to believe that it has something to do with the past, present and future. It's a bit far-fetched but it's more logical than asking the characters from S1 to keep on travelling. Also, MLC needs to die again, as prophesized by his grandfather, thus the possibility of them travelling again is high, and that will probably the premise of the S3.

I like where you're going with your thoughts on QXT. Waving QXT has to be resolved at some point, otherwise it was pretty pointless to have that scene in there. I don't think that future QXT is stuck in some dimension physically. When the past QXT regains memories that just means that her soul is back in her body. If we go back to the beginning of the season, MLC was confused as to why there were two of him and so was the old weirdo because that shouldn't happen. So the two merging will fix the whole dimension jump blip that happened... I think... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, linh5000 said:

I know right!!! We are only halfway thru this season and they’re already announcing a 3rd season!! :bawling: and me with my vast impatience for waiting!!! What am I going to do with my life once this season ends :bawling: 

I just have to mention though that I love this season so much more than the previous one. The plot is more intricate and the production values are so much better. When I enter into dramaland, I really dive in and it is hard to believe that an emperor and his kingdom have such cheap looking robes but for this season its much more believable. I watched season 1 because of the chemistry of the 2 leads. But now, combine that with real looking sets, Im in seventh heaven!

BTW I know that Im being a perv saying this, :joy: but don’t you just love their kissing scenes?! Its very rare for a drama to have this many and with so much passion! Im so sick and tired of closed mouth wide eyed kisses but thats not the case with this drama Im so happy to say! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, selena32 said:

I know right!!! We are only halfway thru this season and they’re already announcing a 3rd season!! :bawling: and me with my vast impatience for waiting!!! What am I going to do with my life once this season ends :bawling: 

I just have to mention though that I love this season so much more than the previous one. The plot is more intricate and the production values are so much better. When I enter into dramaland, I really dive in and it is hard to believe that an emperor and his kingdom have such cheap looking robes but for this season its much more believable. I watched season 1 because of the chemistry of the 2 leads. But now, combine that with real looking sets, Im in seventh heaven!

BTW I know that Im being a perv saying this, :joy: but don’t you just love their kissing scenes?! Its very rare for a drama to have this many and with so much passion! Im so sick and tired of closed mouth wide eyed kisses but thats not the case with this drama Im so happy to say! 

I think the same thing. Like... where did he learn to kiss like that?! lol 

I watched an a couple eps of the first season yesterday and man, his acting has improved or the character of MLC has improved. So uptight in the first season and this one, so fun and loving!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I guess seaso 3 is true.  It has been confirmed by Dramapanda site.

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/tencent-unveils-remakes-sequels-and.html?m=1

WHAT THE!!!?? Then does that mean we're not getting a happy ending for this season? AISH! If they bring season 3, they better keep the same cast, it's going to sucks if they change Tan Er and Cheng Cheng to someone else. 

• Like 2