Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

On 3/21/2018 at 10:42 PM, Cedric Ong said:

Ok...my view is that it's clever and in a way it is on familiar grounds...since the 1st season was well-received. If follow the novel or as guessed previously, we thought they would continue their story in her future world...but maybe the producers aren't too confident that viewers would view that as interesting. But to me...i feel abit like their relationship is not developing. Viewers of course love to watch the 2 actors..their chemistry is great...but in the storyline sense, the 2 chars themselves are repeating.

Thank you for the preview posts. I loved and enjoyed this drama as well and I agree that this will be a very different story since the Prince lead tries to change the circumstances by changing his views and his decisions which will lead to different effects and results. Very clever indeed. I like that the drama will bring new interesting characters such as strategist. I hope that Xiao Tan will retain her perky, brave but sometimes goofy character. One of the reasons I loved the drama were the funny moments. I hope it does not become too serious. The attraction of the drama for me were the funny but loving moments. 

Question: do you know when the drama will be aired?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Question: do you know when the drama will be aired?  

No. Most websites on this drama only put 2018....to be shown on tencent or qq platform. They started filming in mid march. Probably the fastest is 4th quarter of 2018.

Not much is revealed yet...except some self-filmed short clips by a few actors. One is the 14th prince. Think he looks better in the sequel. Sorry no subs. Basically he went to tease the 2 actresses.

And the maid...same actress. Read that she might have a loveline with the 14th prince...not confirmed news. Read in another article that the director praised her acting in the 1st drama. Her name is 

Sun Yi Ning 孙艺宁. Some said she look abit like korean actress Lee Sung-kyung.

https://goo.gl/images/nCfJcr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The original cast :

8th Prince

d78c5c3fgy1fqq4zwtqyjj23wr2jznpk.jpg

Xiao Tan

d78c5c3fgy1fqq503oud0j23k72jk1l3.jpg

Crown prince

d78c5c3fgy1fqq4xtcswcj23yc2ixqvc.jpg

Spoiler

Crown princess

d78c5c3fgy1fqq50bhrq4j23w32kex6w.jpg

14th prince

d78c5c3fgy1fqq50jrawuj240p2hgu14.jpg

The maid

d78c5c3fgy1fqq4z6jqo4j23w42kekjs.jpg

The guard

d78c5c3fgy1fqq51gb8jzj23w32kenpj.jpg

3 new chars

Spoiler

The mysterious strategist

d78c5c3fgy1fqq51a91u9j23w22kekjt.jpg

The foreign princess

d78c5c3fgy1fqq51iivexj21400qo47w.jpg

The 9th prince, no pic from the drama yet.

Some BTS pics (notice their clothes are almost always in matching colours, just like in season 1).

Spoiler

d78c5c3fgy1fqqcnw32rgj23vc2kw1l5.jpg

d78c5c3fgy1fqecpmo66tj21ts17unpd.jpg

d78c5c3fly1fpia5d5d5vj21z41bfnpd.jpg

d78c5c3fgy1fq4hahsuszj20dc0k0wkv.jpg

006SzdDNgy1fqmqo0vp5oj30f00qodoq.jpg

006vcZg7ly1fq79jcr2hhj312g0u044d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler
On 4/29/2018 at 3:48 AM, Cedric Ong said:

The original cast :

8th Prince

d78c5c3fgy1fqq4zwtqyjj23wr2jznpk.jpg

Xiao Tan

d78c5c3fgy1fqq503oud0j23k72jk1l3.jpg

Crown prince

d78c5c3fgy1fqq4xtcswcj23yc2ixqvc.jpg

Hide contents

Crown princess

d78c5c3fgy1fqq50bhrq4j23w32kex6w.jpg

14th prince

d78c5c3fgy1fqq50jrawuj240p2hgu14.jpg

The maid

d78c5c3fgy1fqq4z6jqo4j23w42kekjs.jpg

The guard

d78c5c3fgy1fqq51gb8jzj23w32kenpj.jpg

3 new chars

Hide contents

The mysterious strategist

d78c5c3fgy1fqq51a91u9j23w22kekjt.jpg

The foreign princess

d78c5c3fgy1fqq51iivexj21400qo47w.jpg

The 9th prince, no pic from the drama yet.

Some BTS pics (notice their clothes are almost always in matching colours, just like in season 1).

Hide contents

d78c5c3fgy1fqqcnw32rgj23vc2kw1l5.jpg

d78c5c3fgy1fqecpmo66tj21ts17unpd.jpg

d78c5c3fly1fpia5d5d5vj21z41bfnpd.jpg

d78c5c3fgy1fq4hahsuszj20dc0k0wkv.jpg

006SzdDNgy1fqmqo0vp5oj30f00qodoq.jpg

006vcZg7ly1fq79jcr2hhj312g0u044d.jpg

they look like they got more money to spend now, poor 14th prince in season 1 what they made him wear. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sveta89 said:
  Hide contents

they look like they got more money to spend now, poor 14th prince in season 1 what they made him wear. 

Ya, those yellow fur on top of bright pink.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkLEKS3iM0HyC41XA4QG0

Now at least his clothes are more elegant. Seems like the rumors are true, the maid and the 14th prince will have a love line.

d78c5c3fly1fr76r22ohdj21q715hb29.jpg

2549-fyskeuc0502739.jpg

• Like 5

Until now then i read the director is not Yuan De who directed the 1st series....the guy who would demonstrate intimate gestures...haha. He is doing another similar-themed drama. Sidetrack under spoiler

Spoiler

The other drama is called 好色千金 loosely translated as Lewd Daughter. Male lead is Gong Jun who acted as the 11th prince in Lost Love in Times (Cecilia Liu, William Chan).

Based on a story-game, theme is so similar, a modern girl went back in time and found she had to marry a lord but she escaped and went on a journey..meeting other handsome guys. Pics :

https://www.goody25.com/mind1048820

• Like 3

c-drama tweets (@dramapotatoe) Tweeted:

Tencent releases a list of upcoming summer dramas for 2018!

#LegendofFuyao

#FightBreakSpheres

#TheEternalLove2

#Lostin1949

#OurGlamorousTime

#SeeYouAgain

#CryMeASadRiver

#AllOutOfLove

#TheBrightestStarInTheSky

#SweetCombat

#TakeMyBrotherAway

#MeteorGarden2018 https://t.co/8YXlEMnKIE

Along with Xing Zhao Lin I'm also excited for second lead I'm impressed by his both characters in season 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lovehuche said:

Is this drama really going to start on Monday, Aug 20th?  Have not seen any preview.

I searched abit, also can't find any news. So probably it won't be so soon. 

Some couple pics released on 17 Aug (chinese valentine day, lunar 7th day of 7th month) :

d78c5c3fly1fucgt9qtzfj21kw0w0b29.jpg

d78c5c3fly1fucgtgjvewj21kw0w0u0x.jpg

d78c5c3fly1fucgtjee7yj21kw0w0qv5.jpg

So as guessed b4, the 14th prince will be with the maid.

And left one new char (who is mentioned to secretly like the female lead) alone by himself...haha.

d78c5c3fly1fuch6rr49pj21kw10ckjm.jpg

• Like 1

So, I'm confused about the plot of Season 2.  What about their son? Or are they time traveling to before the son was born? Will Xiao Tan and Tan Er be sharing the same body like in Season 1? 

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

So, I'm confused about the plot of Season 2.  What about their son? Or are they time traveling to before the son was born? Will Xiao Tan and Tan Er be sharing the same body like in Season 1? 

They only mention the couple sort of (no mention how) travelled back to the time when Qu Xiao Tan 1st appeared in their world (so no son yet). She forgot everything while he retained the memories. No mention of the other soul but since cast list listed both Qu Xiao Tan and Qu Tan Er link to the same actress...thus i assume it is the same scenerio as season 1.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

They only mention the couple sort of (no mention how) travelled back to the time when Qu Xiao Tan 1st appeared in their world (so no son yet). She forgot everything while he retained the memories. No mention of the other soul but since cast list listed both Qu Xiao Tan and Qu Tan Er link to the same actress...thus i assume it is the same scenerio as season 1.

Thanks for the information.  I'm surprised that they are using the exact same plot, including the body sharing,  I was hoping it would be a different plot for the Season 2. I haven't seen any info posted at Viki about the episodes for this drama. Did it get postponed?

48 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Thanks for the information.  I'm surprised that they are using the exact same plot, including the body sharing,  I was hoping it would be a different plot for the Season 2. I haven't seen any info posted at Viki about the episodes for this drama. Did it get postponed?

Not sure about postpone bcos previously i didn't read anything about a confirmed date. If it is an official postpone, their weibo would have mentioned it or apologise...but i see nothing.

As for the plot...i suspect the focus might be more on the 8th prince as he tried to change history since he knew what will happen. Already hinted b4 that the storyline would change since he made changes. And perhaps he would get Qu Tan Er to appear less often since he knew how the soul switch work. Xiao Tan is the one he love. Thus the soul switch might not be as crucial as b4.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Not sure about postpone bcos previously i didn't read anything about a confirmed date. If it is an official postpone, their weibo would have mentioned it or apologise...but i see nothing.

As for the plot...i suspect the focus might be more on the 8th prince as he tried to change history since he knew what will happen. Already hinted b4 that the storyline would change since he made changes. And perhaps he would get Qu Tan Er to appear less often since he knew how the soul switch work. Xiao Tan is the one he love. Thus the soul switch might not be as crucial as b4.

Thanks for the information. I'm glad there will be some differences with the plot, although I'm not happy if they keep the bodysharing. Someone on another forum posted that Aug. 20, 2018 was the confirmed airing date for this drama, but I guess it's not happening. Too bad. The drama is listed as coming soon on Viki, so hopefully we will see it before the end of this year.

I saw the new MV and I loved the new song.  Can't wait to watch it.  I feel like the lead girl looks so pretty in the MV.  There are so many kisses.  I am blushing watching it.  

• Like 1

Been patiently waiting for EL2 to be released!  Hope it will be soon....the OTP is just too cute and the kiss scenes.... :blush: I hope it is just as good if not better the EL1....

• Like 1

Actually previously they said aug to sept but some suspect they want to avoid the current more well-known dramas...thus the delay. I read iqiyi put date as january 2019. Tencent no info. Will update again.

The full mv. Longer than the above post. Song title is called Wu Qing Hua...loosely translated as Heartless Painting.

As mentioned b4...there is a new char. In MV, can see him with the female lead in a few scenes. Newbie actor Chen You Wei 陈宥维. He was last seen as 5th prince Yongqi in Yanxi Palace.

Spoiler

thumb_225_150_20180826013927505.jpg

bed032564d63cce6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1