[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, golinda27 said:

I think the whole beginning of the second season is a plot hole and it sets up the whole season to be full of them. The last ep of season 1 when XT wakes up in the modern world she wonders whether she had a dream and where her Cheng Cheng was. He then grabs her hand in modern clothing and runs with her. So she clearly remembers him when she wakes up and they are in the same timeframe.

However, at the beginning of the second season, she doesn’t remember him and he wakes up on a building rooftop in ancient clothing. So very different from the end of season 1. I think that there are some connections to season one but I would take them lightly. 

Edit: MLC seems to be convinced that she has just forgotten him. For example, when he shows her snow villa the first time and she comments on the roses and how it’s déjà-vous, he seemed to have hope that she’s remembering. 

Yeah, it seems like he forgot that they also have the life-death bond bc he haven't mention about it yet.

39 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

Things I love about this new Mo Lian Cheng is that:

1. He loves Xiao Tan very much and is not afraid to show it

2. He flirts alot

3. Teases alot

4. Gives really warm feelings

5. Very posessive and protective of Xiao Tan to the point that he does not even care about his own safety

6. Much more seductive than the virgin 8th Prince who is probably clueless on how to seduce a girl

7. Is a hell of a kisser

8. Have a really naughty and playful side

9. He's all about getting her in his bed, similar to the first season. But what I really like to see is the way he behaves like a husband usually would whenever he wakes up beside him. All warm and cuddly.

10. And that kiss he gave her while she was hugging Mo Yi Huai? Gosh, that was super hot. As if literally telling her he doesn't care if she is in another man's arms, because he knew it in his heart she belongs to him and he could make her think of him even when she's with someone else.

Gosh...the list can go on and on forever, and I'd be sitting in front of the monitor, fangirling about him. :tounge_xd:

You're right on point. Perfect explanation! :blush:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Im just guessing ignore that scene at end of season 1 they probs didnt think of a s2 there. 

I wanted the fantasy realm explored more i wanted to see what happened to her child etc.. but i guess were not going to see that? 

Yeah, so far we haven't got any teaser about their child or the fantasy realm. Hopefully, we do get some closure on the child.

7 minutes ago, joohoney1hunnit said:

Yeah, it seems like he forgot that they also have the life-death bond bc he haven't mention about it yet.

You're right on point. Perfect explanation! :blush:

There's a clip in Liang Jie's music video where she's sleeping on his shoulder and he's looking at both their hands. My eyes might be fooling me but it looks like his glows and hers doesn't look like it. Maybe that has to do with the life-death bond? I'm currently living in denial because I don't want the future XT plot twist lol! I'm too invested in the current characters.

4 minutes ago, joohoney1hunnit said:

Yeah, so far we haven't got any teaser about their child or the fantasy realm. Hopefully, we do get some closure on the child.

Speaking of teasers. We're half-way through the series. I'm hoping they release another MV or something with more teasers for the rest of the series. I hate this up-in-the-air guessing of plot. Totally know that I should just watch but there's just this part of me that wants to know now haha!

Also, I feel like I'm living in this thread today. You guys are just sparking up great points and convo!

29 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

There's a small part of me that feels like we'll see what happens to their child. Just in case no one has seen ep. 13...

Hide contents

MLC disguised as LS does make mention of their son and how he's in another world. He goes into a bit of detail in terms of how XT acted when she was pregnant, which gives me hope that they're going to close that gap. He mentions that their son is in another world and his wife has forgotten him. 

My ideal situation (even though it totally defies logic but let's be honest, MLC learning to drive after simply watching someone already defies that) is that MLC and 8th prince merge to become one person, XT regains her memories and defies the logic of a future her floating around somewhere (lol!) and somehow they get their son back (haven't thought that far... I have no logic defying theories for that one lol). 

16 eps in, we've all just fallen in love with the current XT and MLC that throwing the future XT wrench in just doesn't make sense... to me anyway.

My issue is there is another XT so im unsure if i want them to merge because then technically there is 2 XT and the other one is all alone. 

I like both 8th Princes and i dont want either alone i also dont want the original XT alone.. im so confused honestly. 

I wish they went another route honestly but w/e im glad to see them again. 

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

eh i hate this modern world stuff does mean they wont explore the fantasy world again qq#

I think this drama is turning into a bit of a mess we have original Xiao Tan and her child which apparently no-one cares about? Then we have 2 versions of 8th prince wondering around..

If this newer 8th Prince does not get this Xiao Tan then hes alone and loses the one he loves but then so does the original 8th prince if she goes with the newer 8th prince unless the other Xiao Tan turns up.. We know that Xiao Tan gets memories of the other her though so this drama is actually a confusing mess. 

If the Original Xiao Tan does not turn up then ill actually be quite annoyed because what about the KID and what about this new 8th prince.. 

- 8th Prince and MLC will merge 

- from the pacing so far she has no interest towards the 8th Prince 

- like you said Xiao Tan will somehow get her memories back

- their child is being looked after by a lot of ppl in the future Dong Yue

- MLC does miss his son as seen in Ep 13 but he was taken to different places against his will

3 hours ago, golinda27 said:

There's a clip in Liang Jie's music video where she's sleeping on his shoulder and he's looking at both their hands. My eyes might be fooling me but it looks like his glows and hers doesn't look like it. Maybe that has to do with the life-death bond? I'm currently living in denial because I don't want the future XT plot twist lol! I'm too invested in the current characters.

I saw that scene too.

Remember the picture of Xiao Tan and MLC in ancient and modern clothing kissing? I don’t get it lol. Why are they in two different get ups? Unless he returned to the future and has been waiting for her.

22 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

- 8th Prince and MLC will merge 

- from the pacing so far she has no interest towards the 8th Prince 

- like you said Xiao Tan will somehow get her memories back

- their child is being looked after by a lot of ppl in the future Dong Yue

- MLC does miss his son as seen in Ep 13 but he was taken to different places against his will

Then i wont like this series alot because it would be His son and XT1 son it wouldn't be this XT son. 

They are not really her memories either but XT1's Memories, i disagree that she has no interest, also you say their child but in reality its not her child because this is a different XT.

20 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Then i wont like this series alot because it would be His son and XT1 son it wouldn't be this XT son. 

They are not really her memories either but XT1's Memories, i disagree that she has no interest, also you say their child but in reality its not her child because this is a different XT.

I only see Xiao Tan be cautious around the 8th Prince. They don’t click. Technically it’s still her son through DNA testing. :joy:

This is what happens when you try to write a new plot that isn’t related to the novel.

1 hour ago, Renaro Kopique said:

I saw that scene too.

Remember the picture of Xiao Tan and MLC in ancient and modern clothing kissing? I don’t get it lol. Why are they in two different get ups? Unless he returned to the future and has been waiting for her.

Could be a repeat of the 1st season’s ending but the opposite? He gets sucked into the modern world and she follows after? I have no idea anymore. Logic? There is none lol

18 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

I only see Xiao Tan be cautious around the 8th Prince. They don’t click. Technically it’s still her son through DNA testing. :joy:

This is what happens when you try to write a new plot that isn’t related to the novel.

Technically its hers but i wouldnt class it as hers . 

7 hours ago, Ellie Toh said:

Things I love about this new Mo Lian Cheng is that:

1. He loves Xiao Tan very much and is not afraid to show it

2. He flirts alot

3. Teases alot

4. Gives really warm feelings

5. Very posessive and protective of Xiao Tan to the point that he does not even care about his own safety

6. Much more seductive than the virgin 8th Prince who is probably clueless on how to seduce a girl

7. Is a hell of a kisser

8. Have a really naughty and playful side

9. He's all about getting her in his bed, similar to the first season. But what I really like to see is the way he behaves like a husband usually would whenever he wakes up beside him. All warm and cuddly.

10. And that kiss he gave her while she was hugging Mo Yi Huai? Gosh, that was super hot. As if literally telling her he doesn't care if she is in another man's arms, because he knew it in his heart she belongs to him and he could make her think of him even when she's with someone else.

Gosh...the list can go on and on forever, and I'd be sitting in front of the monitor, fangirling about him. :tounge_xd:

Super love ur analysis!

20 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

How does the story continue in the novel, actually? I cannot read Chinese and the translated raw of the novel makes no sense to me. Can someone please tell me how the story goes in the novel?

I still can't find anyone who has read the novel to tell me how the plot is going. What we only know is that after S1, based on the novel  both of the leads got pulled to the modern world and dropped into the sea. XIao Tan was in her costume clothes and ppl on a yacht saved her (think that she is a cosplayer?). MLC was washed up on shore.

The main thing is that they will travel to many different worlds but to do what? I don't really know.

Lol, there was that one time I tried to mtl the raws but my brain cells couldn't handle it. I did that on google translate but I think you should try Baidu translate. Some sites are better suited for certain novels.

E.g. Chapter 859 (Modern World: Part 1)

Spoiler

Not only that, she had several injuries on her body, and even though she did not know how long the sea had been soaked, she could still vaguely see bloodstains. Is it murder in the ancient costume drama? Or are you having trouble playing COSPLAY?

The most puzzling thing is -

She seemed to be floating on the sea just now, staring at her with her eyes open.

At this point, people are lying on the yacht... Big eyes look at the sky blinking.

Confused, confused, complicated...

Finally, the man who had just laid lazily got up and squatted curiously in front of her in a sun hat. He was tall and strong, handsome and fashionable.

"Hi, my name is Duan. What about you? " The section burned a pair of peach blossom eyes, smiling, but a little natural cold up and down looked at Qu Tan. I just had no interest in her, but now I have it. Moreover, he finally understood why his bodyguard, who would not change his face for thousands of years, was so surprised that he could not hold his horizon firmly.

A woman floating on the sea is not quite dead.

Moreover, there is no alarm and surprise. Is she sleeping on the sea?

"Woman, are you really all right?" Duan asked with a charming smile and a very husky voice. Unfortunately, no one dumped him. "I guess you're filming, the director and some other Birdman want to rule you, but you don't agree. You hurt yourself for a long time when you struggle and fainted. The director thought you were dead and threw it to the sea?

"..." Imagination is good.

Qu Tan still did not respond.

"Do you need an alarm?" Duan asked again, stretching out her long finger, trying to pat her on the cheek, but she shook it off when she did not touch it.

"No!" Qu Tan finally recovered.

"Howl!!" The whistle blew whistle. "It's not mute, it's nothing. Miracle.

Qu Dun sat up slowly, holding the railing, and could not believe it. Having been floating on the sea for a day, she didn't see anything. She thought she was on the land, but she didn't expect to see a ship. She never imagined that yachts were unlikely to happen.

The key, there are people!

Modern people? Modern, did she go back to modern times?

God, TMD is incredible!

City city?! She's not dead. The city will be fine.

Because two people have "life and death deeds". If one side dies, is it possible for the other party to live well? So, she came here through devil's pond. What about the city? Is it also here? Would she be floating on the sea like her?

"What can I do for you, miss?" Section of the brand and then people laugh harmless.

"Sail, help me find someone near here." Said Qu Tan, who came out.

"What do you mean?" Duer asked, "do you mean there are people like you on the sea?" Without waiting for the answer, he ordered the man to sail and search at sea.

For a long time, duer asked: "do you really need no alarm?"

"No need."

"Then why do you fall to the sea?"

"Confidentiality." She didn't know what to say.

"Hello! I saved you, and I'll help you find someone else. Can't you know this question? "

Qu Tan was silent. He was not in the mood to talk to him.

He will not die, nor will she die. It's just a little late arriving on the shore.

Because in the sea, she knows the southeast and the northwest, and can not find the shore under the sky.

U gotta be kidding me! Weibo just put up a poster with the title ‘the eternal love 3’ with original casting in the progress wahhahahahaha!:lol: super excited and going mad!!!! Hopefully it’s not a joke! I will never have enuh of these 2 lovebirds

Hi Im new here. When I saw you guys talking about this beloved drama, I just had to join. 

14 minutes ago, monchoo said:

U gotta be kidding me! Weibo just put up a poster with the title ‘the eternal love 3’ with original casting in the progress wahhahahahaha!:lol: super excited and going mad!!!! Hopefully it’s not a joke! I will never have enuh of these 2 lovebirds

Wow just wow! Can you post a copy of the post please!:astonished:

Archived