Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

Episode 12 Recap

Spoiler

MLC convinced Xiao Tan to get out of the water before discussing anything. Xiao Tan refused and blamed everything on him for lying and tricking her which left her scared the entire time. She then hugged him and they tightly embraced each other.

MLC took off his outer robes and left it dry on his hand made clothing rack. The rack left a distance between the two for personal drying time. Xiao Tan stubbornly refused to take off her clothes using her hands to squeeze out the water instead.

She urged him to reveal the truth. MLC explained that he followed her down into the sea and never would’ve thought a time-warp hole would pop up out of nowhere which brought them to this Dong Yue but most importantly was that she also came to the same place as him. He revealed that he had to become Liu Shang to protect her and if she knew about his identity, the 8th Prince will surely get it out from her.

He then reminded her about the story he once told her, the story between the 8th Prince and Princess Consort. This was to prove that the 8th Prince is him even if there are two of them. Moreover, he stated that it has been set that they will love each other.

MLC creeped up behind Xiao Tan hugging her, assuring that he will never leave her again. Xiao Tan told MLC that the 1st Prince could possibly belong to the modern world. He explained that the pocket watch belongs to him making Xiao Tan depressed that she wasted so much time. MLC reminded Xiao Tan to keep this secret from Jing Xin too. Xiao Tan blatantly threatened MLC with the fact that she got hold of his secret so he better not provoke her.

----

MLC did a demonstration of taking off his mask in front of Xiao Tan. She responded by prasing Liu Shang as handsome but it was such a pity that it was a mask. She told MLC to take notice already, she was sure that the 8th Prince already likes him at least 8 out of 10 times.

MLC came to the bed pinning Xiao Tan down.

(The video is subbed.)

----

Liu Shang came into the 8th Prince’s study room. The 8th Prince told Liu Shang about the impostor who tried to pose at him but the one they went to capture today was not the impostor from the other time. Liu Shang theorised that a skin mask could exist or the person had the exact same features as the 8th Prince. The 8th Prince reassured Liu Shang that this impostor would not be able to escape the palm of his hands like as if he was hinting this to Liu Shang as a warning. Liu Shang laughed and returned the jade ring to the 8th Prince.

----

MLC returned to his room and found Xiao Tan preparing wine for them two. He told her that she cannot use alcohol to make him reveal anything as her tolerance was low. She started to drink endlessly and got jealous of her future self because in her heart the one MLC and 1st Prince sees is Qu Tan Er not Qu XIao Tan.

---- 

The next morning Xiao Tan woke up finding herself on MLC’s bed once again screaming with rage. She asked if anything happened between them. MLC replied with drinking too much that he forgot. He smiled and teased her that was she was angry that something happened between them or the fact that nothing happened at all. She then angrily left his room. MLC also went to put his skin mask on. Just as Xiao Tan was fixing her clothes outside, she bumped into the 8th Prince and at the same time Liu Shang also came outside fixing his clothes. The 8th Prince suspiciously said that she usually wakes up late but why so early here this morning. The 8th Prince also noticed that the two wore the exact same clothing as the day before but Xiao Tan said that all her clothes are being washed so she had nothing to change into. She then excused herself to come back in a moment.

Both the 8th Prince and Liu Shang discussed about the Emperor visiting the Empress Dowager and concubine Dugu was also present at that time. The 8th Prince followed Liu Shang’s instructions and also came to visit the Empress Dowager but by the time he had arrived, the Emperor had already left. The Empress Dowager told the 8th Prince that just when the 8th Prince was about to arrive, a maid reported to the Emperor that concubine Dugu was not feeling well and left immediately. The 8th Prince expressed that he was worried for not being able to meet the Emperor for such a long time. He does not know what the Emperor was thinking. Liu Shang assured him that the Emperor can see any Princes before concubine Dugu gives birth.

Because the 8th Prince was unable to see the Emperor, they must find ways to make the Emperor have the initiative to see the 8th Prince instead. Before Liu Shang got to give any suggestions, Xiao Tan returned with a basin of water for the two to wipe their faces clean in the morning. The 8th Prince expressed that he had already bathed and dismissed her.

By seeking revenge, Xiao Tan offered Liu Shang to clean his face instead. Liu Shang moved back and tried to avoid her plan endlessly but the 8th Prince saw this as blatantly flirting before him. Xiao Tan was immediately scolded for being rude to Liu Shang and was asked to apologise. She talked back and was punished to never ever enter the Snow living quarters to serve Liu Shang again. She was also forced to enter the palace the following day. Xiao Tan then left.

The 8th Prince told Liu Shang that he cannot sit and wait for death, he must enter the palace tomorrow to meet the Emperor. They went went inside to discuss some more on how to make the Emperor take initiative to see the 8th Prince instead.

----

Qu Pan Er was saved by concubine Dugu, she reported that the Soul Suppressing Orb is in the Emperor's hands. Plus, she guaranteed that for now the concubine is in advantage at this stage. She explained this by saying that throughout Dong Yue, only the Emperor would listen to her. Concubine retorted by saying that there was no use for keeping Qu Pan Er then. Qu Pan Er then said that only the Qu family's bloodline can break the seal of the orb.

----

The 8th Prince personally handed a painting to the palace which was then handed to the Emperor but had already left. The painting had a little boy paying respects to the Emperor. The Emperor smiled and said that the child was not favoured since small and had always seeked for fatherly love. He then realised that he has been a bit cold with his sons lately. He then told his eunuch to quickly have 8th Prince return.

----

Concubine Dugu attacked the maid with a hairpin as she was useless. The maid explained that the 8th Prince only handed over an item and left that’s why she didn’t report anything. She continued that she never thought the Emperor would personally seek the 8th Prince instead, that was why she hurriedly ran to report to the concubine.

Concubine Dugu frustratedly ordered her personal maid to report to the Emperor that she has fallen sick which might affect her pregnancy asking the Emperor to come over.

----

The 8th Prince and Xiao Tan knelt in front of the Emperor paying their respects. The Emperor told his son that he understood what his son was asking for. He was glad that his son was filial. The 8th Prince stated that the Emperor is a busy man and did not wish to disturb him. This was what he could do as a son. He then asked about how concubine Dugu’s pregnancy was?

Concubine Dugu’s maid ran into the Emperor’s study and reported about her sickness. The Emperor then left to the concubine’s chamber leaving the 8th Prince’s plan in failure.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:18 PM, crazyoverkdrama said:

@Renaro KopiqueKopique thanks so much for the recap and translations! It's not easy to do both, but for us who doesn't understand chinese, your works are god-sent!  Great job! :)

No problem but like my english sucks especially with my tenses :sweat_smile:I feel embarrassed doing this. Anyways, I just finished with episode 12 with a bonus clip inside :tounge_xd:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Episode 12 Recap

Reveal hidden contents

MLC convinced Xiao Tan to get out of the water before discussing anything. Xiao Tan refused and blamed everything on him for lying and tricking her which left her scared the entire time. She then hugged him and they tightly embraced each other.

MLC took off his outer robes and left it dry on his hand made clothing rack. The rack left a distance between the two for personal drying time. Xiao Tan stubbornly refused to take off her clothes using her hands to squeeze out the water instead.

She urged him to reveal the truth. MLC explained that he followed her down into the sea and never would’ve thought a time-warp hole would pop up out of nowhere which brought them to this Dong Yue but most importantly was that she also came to the same place as him. He revealed that he had to become Liu Shang to protect her and if she knew about his identity, the 8th Prince will surely get it out from her.

He then reminded her about the story he once told her, the story between the 8th Prince and Princess Consort. This was to prove that the 8th Prince is him even if there are two of them. Moreover, he stated that it has been set that they will love each other.

MLC creeped up behind Xiao Tan hugging her, assuring that he will never leave her again. Xiao Tan told MLC that the 1st Prince could possibly belong to the modern world. He explained that the pocket watch belongs to him making Xiao Tan depressed that she wasted so much time. MLC reminded Xiao Tan to keep this secret from Jing Xin too. Xiao Tan blatantly threatened MLC with the fact that she got hold of his secret so he better not provoke her.

----

MLC did a demonstration of taking off his mask in front of Xiao Tan. She responded by prasing Liu Shang as handsome but it was such a pity that it was a mask. She told MLC to take notice already, she was sure that the 8th Prince already likes him at least 8 out of 10 times.

MLC came to the bed pinning Xiao Tan down.

----

Liu Shang came into the 8th Prince’s study room. The 8th Prince told Liu Shang about the impostor who tried to pose at him but the one they went to capture today was not the impostor from the other time. Liu Shang theorised that a skin mask could exist or the person had the exact same features as the 8th Prince. The 8th Prince reassured Liu Shang that this impostor would not be able to escape the palm of his hands like as if he was hinting this to Liu Shang as a warning. Liu Shang laughed and returned the jade ring to the 8th Prince.

----

MLC returned to his room and found Xiao Tan preparing wine for them two. He told her that she cannot use alcohol to make him reveal anything as her tolerance was low. She started to drink endlessly and got jealous of her future self because in her heart the one MLC and 1st Prince sees is Qu Tan Er not Qu XIao Tan.

----

The next morning Xiao Tan woke up finding herself on MLC’s bed once again screaming with rage. She asked if anything happened between them. MLC replied with drinking too much that he forgot. He smiled and teased her that was she was angry that something happened between them or the fact that nothing happened at all. She then angrily left his room. MLC also went to put his skin mask on. Just as Xiao Tan was fixing her clothes outside, she bumped into the 8th Prince and at the same time Liu Shang also came outside fixing his clothes. The 8th Prince suspiciously said that she usually wakes up late but why so early here this morning. The 8th Prince also noticed that the two wore the exact same clothing as the day before but Xiao Tan said that all her clothes are being washed so she had nothing to change into. She then excused herself to come back in a moment.

Both the 8th Prince and Liu Shang discussed about the Emperor visiting the Empress Dowager and concubine Dugu was also present at that time. The 8th Prince followed Liu Shang’s instructions and also came to visit the Empress Dowager but by the time he had arrived, the Emperor had already left. The Empress Dowager told the 8th Prince that just when the 8th Prince was about to arrive, a maid reported to the Emperor that concubine Dugu was not feeling well and left immediately. The 8th Prince expressed that he was worried for not being able to meet the Emperor for such a long time. He does not know what the Emperor was thinking. Liu Shang assured him that the Emperor can see any Princes before concubine Dugu gives birth.

Because the 8th Prince was unable to see the Emperor, they must find ways to make the Emperor have the initiative to see the 8th Prince instead. Before Liu Shang got to give any suggestions, Xiao Tan returned with a basin of water for the two to wipe their faces clean in the morning. The 8th Prince expressed that he had already bathed and dismissed her.

By seeking revenge, Xiao Tan offered Liu Shang to clean his face instead. Liu Shang moved back and tried to avoid her plan endlessly but the 8th Prince saw this as blatantly flirting before him. Xiao Tan was immediately scolded for being rude to Liu Shang and was asked to apologise. She talked back and was punished to never ever enter the Snow living quarters to serve Liu Shang again. She was also forced to enter the palace the following day. Xiao Tan then left.

The 8th Prince told Liu Shang that he cannot sit and wait for death, he must enter the palace tomorrow to meet the Emperor. They went went inside to discuss some more on how to make the Emperor take initiative to see the 8th Prince instead.

----

Qu Pan Er was saved by concubine Dugu, she reported that the Soul Suppressing Orb is in the Emperor's hands. Plus, she guaranteed that for now the concubine is in advantage at this stage. She explained this by saying that throughout Dong Yue, only the Emperor would listen to her. Concubine retorted by saying that there was no use for keeping Qu Pan Er then. Qu Pan Er then said that only the Qu family's bloodline can break the seal of the orb.

----

The 8th Prince personally handed a painting to the palace which was then handed to the Emperor but had already left. The painting had a little boy paying respects to the Emperor. The Emperor smiled and said that the child was not favoured since small and had always seeked for fatherly love. He then realised that he has been a bit cold with his sons lately. He then told his eunuch to quickly have 8th Prince return.

----

Concubine Dugu attacked the maid with a hairpin as she was useless. The maid explained that the 8th Prince only handed over an item and left that’s why she didn’t report anything. She continued that she never thought the Emperor would personally seek the 8th Prince instead, that was why she hurriedly ran to report to the concubine.

Concubine Dugu frustratedly ordered her personal maid to report to the Emperor that she has fallen sick which might affect her pregnancy asking the Emperor to come over.

----

The 8th Prince and Xiao Tan knelt in front of the Emperor paying their respects. The Emperor told his son that he understood what his son was asking for. He was glad that his son was filial. The 8th Prince stated that the Emperor is a busy man and did not wish to disturb him. This was what he could do as a son. He then asked about how concubine Dugu’s pregnancy was?

Concubine Dugu’s maid ran into the Emperor’s study and reported about her sickness. The Emperor then left to the concubine’s chamber leaving the 8th Prince’s plan in failure.

No problem but like my english sucks especially with my tenses :sweat_smile:I feel embarrassed doing this. Anyways, I just finished with episode 12 with a bonus clip inside :tounge_xd:

Thanks for the translation.  It seems like it's getting intense with all these schemes by the concubine. 

• Like 2

QXT is clearly falling for MLC. I wonder how they are going to make her fall for the 8th prince? Even if they are one person, it still makes a difference, doesn't it?  And I find it funny that MLC is jealous when the 8th prince took QXT out for an outing.  :))

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 4:10 AM, golinda27 said:

New theory... what if MLC is dying and 8th prince, knowing that XT loves MLC sacrifices himself and they do a body switch so 8th dies so MLC can live. If that’s the case, that would be so sad :(

1 hour ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

QXT is clearly falling for MLC. I wonder how they are going to make her fall for the 8th prince? Even if they are one person, it still makes a difference, doesn't it?  And I find it funny that MLC is jealous when the 8th prince took QXT out for an outing.  :))

Based on what @golinda27 said I feel like it might come true because at this point there's no time for Xiao Tan to fall in love with the 8th Prince at this kind of pacing. Plus, if MLC dies it feels like the original MLC and Xiao Tan from S1 existed for no apparent reason. So far we can see that she is bootlicking the 8th Prince with her flowery words to survive and it has that awkward atmosphere between the two. 

In Episode 11, a man in black gave Qu Pan Er a letter. Do you think he looks the same or another guy? I'm still trying to figure out why he is working together with Qu Pan Er's father. We eventually get to know that Qu Pan Er's father did something to Xiao Tan and fought with MLC.

iZwyEal.jpg

F6aeEoh.jpg 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

XT would definitely fall for MLC with all of these kissing.  Who would not.  I would too.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

XT would definitely fall for MLC with all of these kissing.  Who would not.  I would too.  

LOL... Just imagine if MLC and the 8th prince cooperate with each other instead of being jealous. QXT wouldn't stand a chance. :))

*Fans myself*

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Your english was fine. :) We appreciate the recaps! 

3 hours ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

LOL... Just imagine if MLC and the 8th prince cooperate with each other instead of being jealous. QXT wouldn't stand a chance. :))

*Fans myself*

I imagined it and my brain overheated. Like idk how a girl can deal with 2 MLCs coming after her with those cheeky smirks. If they tag team her at the same time, they could really drive her crazy. :D I can't wait until 8th Prince finds out Liu Shang is Cheng Cheng. Is it weird that I want a scene where they sit down, casually drink tea, and discuss their love for Xiao Tan? Like I can see 8th Prince asking Cheng Cheng for the details and Cheng Cheng is just like, "Yeah, we even had a kid together." LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Just a thought. I think Modern MLC is going to sacrifice himself for the past MLC. I just re-watched the sad mv and found the clip where XT leaned forward to kiss MLC, he actually has a wound at his chest. :scream: Netizens guessed XT will fall in love will Modern MLC and find it hard to accept the past MLC eventhough they merged as one afterward. Sad sad sad~~~~:bawling:

• Sad 2

A compilation of bts clips of all casts! The elder sister is cute too actually. And Jing Xin and Pan er actually danced very well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, monchoo said:

Just a thought. I think Modern MLC is going to sacrifice himself for the past MLC. I just re-watched the sad mv and found the clip where XT leaned forward to kiss MLC, he actually has a wound at his chest. :scream: Netizens guessed XT will fall in love will Modern MLC and find it hard to accept the past MLC eventhough they merged as one afterward. Sad sad sad~~~~:bawling:

Sorry, does this post seem like a spam? Especially with the pictures and stuff? :grimace:If so, I'll put it under spoiler to lessen the large post.

I'm so confused with the sacrificing part. As we know that after the sacrifice, the man seen with Xiao Tan wore a lot of colourful clothing just like the 8th Prince. Maybe it's true that MLC will merge into 8th Prince and the 8th Prince will gain new memories. But there's so much stabbing so far that I can't get a grip of the damn timing of these.

Episode 14 - Concubine Dugu says that the 8th Prince is assassinating the Emperor when the Emperor's eyes had blurry vision. The Emperor stabbed this impostor before falling unconscious?

- Copied the 8th Prince's turquoise attire.

rJHgl3O.jpg  img%5D

------------------

Episode 16, Liu Shang got stabbed on the street. I guess that Xiao Tan somehow got him back to the manor and that was where she cried kissing him.

- Same clothing 

6VGKJsO.jpg 2bPZc3q.jpg 

-------------------

But I'm sure he made it through this time because we have yet to witness this scene below. I don't know. Maybe they knew about each other but hid it from everyone or this scene will happen after Concubine Dugu's scheme of the 8th Prince assassinating the Emperor. 

74PAmrl.jpg 

The 8th Prince has this turquoise attire on and looks like the one who got stabbed through the door with that same attire as in Episode 16. Why? Did they purposely stab him through this outfit to have the Emperor wake up and find that the 8th Prince was injured from the Emperor's stab back in Episode 14 and also find evidence of a turquoise attire belonging to a Prince with a ripped area on the chest made by a sword? 

- 1st Pic - Clothing from Episode 16

- 2nd PIc - Stabbing scene with the same clothing (unknown character and future scene)

FX6NOrb.jpg 

-------------------------

Remember this scene? That is Liu Shang's room. The trailer for this part showed the gold sparkles flowing from the 8th Prince to MLC. MLC is unconscious. Maybe there's more than one scene of them saving each other. But dammit,  :joy:can they please stop changing clothes? I wanna theorise the plot but they keep messing with me. The sequencing is not working here <_<. Now MLC  is in his PJ's, what am I gonna do?

- The 8th Prince wore his turquoise outfit again. :sweatingbullets:

PuO1EOY.jpg

Edit: I just realised that the 8th Prince really likes that outfit lol he even wore it in the early episodes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Renaro KopiqueKopique i agree. I think it's too early to draw conclusions since it's way too early in.  I don't think he will sacrifice since I see him in almost all MVs. (My clue for Cheng Cheng is his hair ribbon).  I think instead of sacrificing, they will merge, with the 8th prince retaining Cheng Cheng's memories. I might be wrong but if i look at the MVs, the 8th prince that they show is the lighter version of the prince. And she still calls him Cheng Cheng.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

@Renaro KopiqueKopique i agree. I think it's too early to draw conclusions since it's way too early in.  I don't think he will sacrifice since I see him in almost all MVs. (My clue for Cheng Cheng is his hair ribbon).  I think instead of sacrificing, they will merge, with the 8th prince retaining Cheng Cheng's memories. I might be wrong but if i look at the MVs, the 8th prince that they show is the lighter version of the prince. And she still calls him Cheng Cheng.

The hair ribbon only appears when MLC dresses up as Liu Shang. When he uses the 8th Prince's white and silver clothing, the head ornament will appear taller with no hair pin holding on from the side plus there's also no hair ribbon. I agree that one of them will retain the other person's memories.

• Like 1

In the bts there's one clip of the elder sister as a bridesmaid. dunno whether if it's from season 2 or personal clips! Hope the ending is back to modern days! In a recent interview, Little said everyone lives in a different manner and hint that the modern days scenes they filmed quite a lot and she didn't know how the producer were editing them. She further confirms they will be some death and parting scenes..

• Like 1

Just now, golinda27 said:

Oh no! Why is this one blocked?

I think youtube blocked tis from certain country? It's still watchable from my side hereB)

24 minutes ago, monchoo said:

I think youtube blocked tis from certain country? It's still watchable from my side hereB)

Where are you watching it from? It's blocked in Aus for me <_<