[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2018 at 11:44 AM, cantbreathe said:

I’m thinking if watching the Legend of Yun Xi next. Anyone know if that’s any good? 

I'm not really a fan of how they adapted the plot into the drama, but I did watch it because the chemistry between the couple was really cute. It's also known to be "sweet". I started reading the translated novel after the drama and it's so much better. X"D The OST is really good so I would recommend only to watch for the main couple. 

If you haven't, I also really like Ashes of Love (besides the draggy middle). Chemistry and casting is on point! I'm also thinking of trying XZL's I cannot hug you just see see him in other roles. As other posters have mentioned, (I am still watching Princess Agents) and while watching the Eternal Love I did not see him as Yue Qi. MLC is his most memorable role right now. 

Don't know if you know Korean Actor Lee Dong Wook. His breakout roles were in My Girl and Goblin and when he was offered to play similar roles he would reject it because if you play 1 role even just once audiences believe you tend to play those roles and he'll be stuck with just that 1 character. So he switches around. 

29 minutes ago, Yui. said:

I'm not really a fan of how they adapted the plot into the drama, but I did watch it because the chemistry between the couple was really cute. It's also known to be "sweet". I started reading the translated novel after the drama and it's so much better. X"D The OST is really good so I would recommend only to watch for the main couple. 

If you haven't, I also really like Ashes of Love (besides the draggy middle). Chemistry and casting is on point! I'm also thinking of trying XZL's I cannot hug you just see see him in other roles. As other posters have mentioned, (I am still watching Princess Agents) and while watching the Eternal Love I did not see him as Yue Qi. MLC is his most memorable role right now. 

Don't know if you know Korean Actor Lee Dong Wook. His breakout roles were in My Girl and Goblin and when he was offered to play similar roles he would reject it because if you play 1 role even just once audiences believe you tend to play those roles and he'll be stuck with just that 1 character. So he switches around. 

Legend of Yun Xi is good. But not steamy enuff for me.. huuuuuuuu

17 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

Legend of Yun Xi is good. But not steamy enuff for me.. huuuuuuuu

Nothing can beat EL' s steamy kisses.  The others kiss as if they are kissing ply boards. 

Spoiler

Even LYX, I can count how many times they kissed with my hands.  

I'm currently rewatching all EL seasons.  I'll never get tired of watching it. Sigh. I wonder when they will decide on the casting for S3.  Wish they end our misery soon.

The Eternal Love 2 is all about illogical imperfection. Storyline wise, the first season was better. But it cannot beat the charms of passion and emotion in Season 2. I even feel sorry for Yi Huai Ge Ge this time around. In comparison to the previous season, I just feel like drowning that moron in the toilet bowl and I feel Tan Er simply does not deserve him. Royal Grandmother is not a hateful person either over here.

Of course, those intense kissing and Cheng Cheng's rose tattoo is a huge, huge plus, apart from the skilfull seduction to win Xiao Tan's heart back. 

Damn. In the first season they actually made love a couple of times, but heck...still can't beat season 2's steamy kisses.

12 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Nothing can beat EL' s steamy kisses.  The others kiss as if they are kissing ply boards. 

Reveal hidden contents

Even LYX, I can count how many times they kissed with my hands.  

Ye Hua and Bai Qian of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms kisses well. Lolsss...but sorry Ye Hua. I'm Cheng Cheng's fangirl now. 

1 hour ago, Yui. said:

I got bored watching Princess Agents and Ashes of Love. Can't seems to hold my interest that well. But I binged on Goblin. Maybe the story was somewhat fresh and funny.

8 hours ago, Yui. said:

I'm also thinking of trying XZL's I cannot hug you just see see him in other roles.

I looked into that, but I can’t bear to see him with anyone else apart from LJ yet :unsure: This is what happens to me when I love a drama couple this much! 

1 hour ago, cantbreathe said:

I looked into that, but I can’t bear to see him with anyone else apart from LJ yet :unsure: This is what happens to me when I love a drama couple this much! 

That’s how I felt too but man... he is good looking in that one too!! 

Me too me too! Any other female lead next to him can’t sparks interest in me in that particular drama/show. Not especially when in reality releases EL BT’s they are so close! It’s so foolish of me to even come to a point if he’s like that in other dramas BTs like the one he’s with LJ I’ll felt betrayed! No one is LJ replaceable when standing next to him. LJ might not be the prettiest but their chemistry is no whr found in his other dramas. Hahahaha. I’d really gone nutz:crazy: on the other hand I’m ok to see other male leads with LJ;) and she’s way more comfortable w him than anybody cos LJ is all shunning away when CYW tried to re-act the sandwich kiss scene w her at the entertainment show. I’m so biased! Hope they can have another drama together!

On 12/7/2018 at 8:39 AM, crazyoverkdrama said:

I hope someone who can understand chinese translate the translation of the royal decree before and after it changed. It was written on the left side of the dong yue document in ep2...  I'm not sure if the english translation is accurate, but what i noticed is that the age disappeared when MLC came back to dong yue.  

dear friend, i'm asked my friend about this, and yes, according to her, since she is from taiwan, the translation not really acurate

this is what she explained :

Literally speaking...

曲水流觴終難醉: 【曲】means Qu Xiao Tan
墨書千秋孰曾忘: 【墨】means Mo Lian Cheng

曲水流觴終難醉:
那一次流觴曲水的聚會中,怎麼喝都沒有醉。
I have been drinking continously but still not drunk.

墨書千秋孰曾忘:
在那時寫出了一份世人驚歎的書稿,又有誰能忘記呢?
Who can forget that I've written a marvelous manuscript?

i hope this is  can help :):)

This is the complete description for those beautiful ancient poetry :
曲水流觴終難醉: 【曲】means Qu Tan’er/ Qu Xiao Tan/ Qu Xiang Tan
                          【流觴】means Liu Sheng

曲水流觴終難醉:
那一次流觴曲水的聚會中,怎麼喝都沒有醉。
I have been drinking continuously but still not drunk.

After falling in love with Qu, you experienced a hard time with her.
This love shall be left with many enduring memories life after life.

墨書千秋孰曾忘:
在那時寫出了一份世人驚歎的書稿,又有誰能忘記呢?

Mo, this experience is so stunning that nobody would forget your affection to her.

4 hours ago, you-nee said:

dear friend, i'm asked my friend about this, and yes, according to her, since she is from taiwan, the translation not really acurate

this is what she explained :

Literally speaking...

曲水流觴終難醉: 【曲】means Qu Xiao Tan

曲水流觴終難醉:
那一次流觴曲水的聚會中,怎麼喝都沒有醉。
I have been drinking continously but still not drunk.

墨書千秋孰曾忘:
在那時寫出了一份世人驚歎的書稿,又有誰能忘記呢?

i hope this is  can help :):)

Thank you!!! So the prophesy changed after his arrival.  Originally, it predicted his death, now that he has already died, it looks like there are other prophesies made by Mo Yi Feng that are hidden, aside from the one Mo Yi Huai has.

On 12/7/2018 at 9:39 AM, crazyoverkdrama said:

I hope someone who can understand chinese translate the translation of the royal decree before and after it changed. It was written on the left side of the dong yue document in ep2...  I'm not sure if the english translation is accurate, but what i noticed is that the age disappeared when MLC came back to dong yue.  

流觞却难醉 | 二十五载凡世游 | 地主江山前尘梦 | 书千秋孰曾忘 | 唯令君醒魂归处 | 离世悲愁寻旧欢

changed to

流觞终难醉 | 书千秋孰曾忘 | 孤身独饮空痴乱 | 两魂笑叹影纷纷 | 檀香暖惊梦 | 玉盏世净乾坤

It's really quite tough to translate either one into English line by line, but a few things worth noting:

1. The following names are embedded into the second letter.

• 曲香檀
  • 流觞
  • 墨连城

2. Not directly related to the show, but a titbit I found while researching some stuff...The first 4 characters in both letters, 曲水流觞 is an old practice where scholars/poets sit by winding/curving (曲) waters (水) and place a wine cup (觞) upstream, let it flow (流) down and when it stops in front of a person, the person will drink the wine within (as a "punishment") and compose a poem on the spot.

3. 墨 is a surname (MLC's surname) and also means ink while 书 can mean book, write or letter 

4. 檀香 is sandalwood or the scent of sandalwood

5. In general, the first letter mentions being on earth for 25 years (2nd line), while the second letter mentions "erasing/cleaning" the "heaven and earth" (last line), which I think suggests a "change of destiny", and you are right to say that 25 years is no longer mentioned in the second letter.

17 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Thank you!!! So the prophesy changed after his arrival.  Originally, it predicted his death, now that he has already died, it looks like there are other prophesies made by Mo Yi Feng that are hidden, aside from the one Mo Yi Huai has.

you welcome dear friend :):)

i love how the prophesy written 

they are destined couple, the eternal one

it's true that their love will enduring memory from life after life

and nobody will ever forget about MLC affection toward Qu Xiao Tan/Tan Er :):)

awww 

59 minutes ago, chubbz said:

流觞却难醉 | 二十五载凡世游 | 地主江山前尘梦 | 书千秋孰曾忘 | 唯令君醒魂归处 | 离世悲愁寻旧欢

changed to

流觞终难醉 | 书千秋孰曾忘 | 孤身独饮空痴乱 | 两魂笑叹影纷纷 | 檀香暖惊梦 | 玉盏世净乾坤

It's really quite tough to translate either one into English line by line, but a few things worth noting:

1. The following names are embedded into the second letter.

• 曲香檀
  • 流觞
  • 墨连城

2. Not directly related to the show, but a titbit I found while researching some stuff...The first 4 characters in both letters, 曲水流觞 is an old practice where scholars/poets sit by winding/curving (曲) waters (水) and place a wine cup (觞) upstream, let it flow (流) down and when it stops in front of a person, the person will drink the wine within (as a "punishment") and compose a poem on the spot.

3. 墨 is a surname (MLC's surname) and also means ink while 书 can mean book, write or letter 

4. 檀香 is sandalwood or the scent of sandalwood

5. In general, the first letter mentions being on earth for 25 years (2nd line), while the second letter mentions "erasing/cleaning" the "heaven and earth" (last line), which I think suggests a "change of destiny", and you are right to say that 25 years is no longer mentioned in the second letter.

Thank you!! Here's what i understand based on your tidbit and @you-nee's translation, that their fate and love is endless. Just wishful thinking on my part, but here it is: it is as if QXT is saying that, no matter how many challenges that comes their way, she will never get tired of it.  And MLC, since he already fulfilled the initial prophesy, answers back that their love will last forever. 

LOL.... Do I make sense here?? 

PS... I basically repeated @you-nee's words.... LMAO

56 minutes ago, you-nee said:

you welcome dear friend :):)

i love how the prophesy written 

they are destined couple, the eternal one

it's true that their love will enduring memory from life after life

and nobody will ever forget about MLC affection toward Qu Xiao Tan/Tan Er :):)

awww 

IKR? I'm so addicted to this drama...

Can we have that news about S3 soon?? I can't wait anymore....

Archived