[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

37 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

I don’t know how much of the plot aligns with the book, but even if it was taken from the book, the writers of season 2 have done an excellent job of adapting it to tv. They should get as much credit as the actors! Two MLCs would have been amazing enough, but throw in a Liu Shang too? Heart wrenching, swoon inducing, and really funny! I really looked forward to Chen You Wei’s scenes as much as I looked forward to XZL’s (he was excellent as a tease, a scholar, and as XT in that one scene). I will definitely follow his next few dramas. 

It’s sad that XZL seems to have put TEL behind him. I wonder if the script isn’t that good, and they’re rewriting it behind the scenes to try to convince everyone to get on board.  I’d like to think it’s not him being difficult. There’s a lot of pressure for the third season. 

I’m thinking if watching the Legend of Yun Xi next. Anyone know if that’s any good? 

XZL he gets ahead of the drama because yes and it is his career and he decides whether or not to do a drama!!!!!! And because he can do it!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I’m thinking if watching the Legend of Yun Xi next. Anyone know if that’s any good? 

Spoiler

It's okay, I guess. I have a weakness for aloof guys, LOL. If you like MLC's character, then yes.  There's love triangle there too, but the ending's weird.  You get to choose how you want it to end. Watch it and see why. 

10 hours ago, golinda27 said:

This is great news! At the same time this post is scary. Someone slap me and tell me that I’m too paranoid. On his Weibo post, He’s named all of his 2019 roles except for MLC... maybe it’s because it hasn’t been totally confirmed yet?? However, if that’s the case, don’t list your roles!! 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4313946452315909

I thought it weird too.  Google is making some crazy translations, but I was under the impression that he is asking people to watch out for some of his roles. But maybe because those are already in the works or about to be aired, so I did not think much about it.  I just hope he will get the role.  YY is a good actor, but as Yu Er because I have to admit they look almost like twins to me.  They can pass off as father and son.  I sometimes have to look at tags in IG to verify if I am looking at YY or XZL.

3 hours ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I thought it weird too.  Google is making some crazy translations, but I was under the impression that he is asking people to watch out for some of his roles. But maybe because those are already in the works or about to be aired, so I did not think much about it.  I just hope he will get the role.  YY is a good actor, but as Yu Er because I have to admit they look almost like twins to me.  They can pass off as father and son.  I sometimes have to look at tags in IG to verify if I am looking at YY or XZL.

The YY you’re talking about is Yang Yang right? isnt he older than XZL and shorter? Im sorry but the height diff between LJ and XZL is also a big factor for me

2 minutes ago, selena32 said:

The YY you’re talking about is Yang Yang right? isnt he older than XZL and shorter? Im sorry but the height diff between LJ and XZL is also a big factor for me

Not sure if he is younger or older, i think older. I think I can accept him as his son, but definitely not MLC. I'll be heartbroken if they replace XZL. 

I'm soooo biased. LOL

Yang Yang is a great actor, but he can not replace our MLC. I hope that S3 comes back with the old daters. XZL can not replace any one as MLC. In addition, this character is too anchored in our minds. I had to work the last few days, but my heart hurts when our old MLC does not come back. I love this drama, but if XZL does not come back it was for me, then I will keep the old MLC in my heart and come to an inner end. This is really sad, because this story has so much potential and could still tell so much. Yes, and I am also a pervert. These beautiful kisses, this chemistry between the actors. This is so rare and it is something special.

:sweat_smile:what if they brought Liu Shang’s disguise back? Due to many implications our main characters will use face masks to hide their identity throughout the entire season (to escape danger) and of course because it was left on for too long it has merged onto their real face. Did anyone watch As Flowers Fade and Fly Across the Sky? I’m still traumatised with the face swapping plot.

Usually when they write stories of the parent’s child, the parents are usually dead like MLC and XT sacrificing themselves to protect the child or something. Or the parents are secretly detained somewhere. I don’t think they can go into hiding from the Demon King for that long. The child’s story usually starts when they’re 16-18 years old.

28 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

:sweat_smile:what if they brought Liu Shang’s disguise back? Due to many implications our main characters will use face masks to hide their identity throughout the entire season (to escape danger) and of course because it was left on for too long it has merged onto their real face. Did anyone watch As Flowers Fade and Fly Across the Sky? I’m still traumatised with the face swapping plot.

Usually when they write stories of the parent’s child, the parents are usually dead like MLC and XT sacrificing themselves to protect the child or something. Or the parents are secretly detained somewhere. I don’t think they can go into hiding from the Demon King for that long. The child’s story usually starts when they’re 16-18 years old.

I thought of the MLC and XT sacrificing themselves to protect Yu’Er but then the more I thought the more I realized that the writers dig themselves into a hole. MLC and XT have survived through a lot of death experiences so they’re pretty much indestructible lol! 

While looking up new shows to fill the EL shaped hole in my life, I just realised that I’m going to be so much more demanding for my kissing scenes. I don’t want any realistic longing glances and secret yearning. And when I get kisses they have to be passionate ones, not that depressing pursed-lips-kissing-a-corpse ones, especially the ones where the girl is as emotive as a plank of wood. I loved that XT enjoyed the kissing as much as MLC did.  *sigh* This drama has really spoilt me :bawling:

2 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

I don’t think they can go into hiding from the Demon King for that long. The child’s story usually starts when they’re 16-18 years old.

They might make it so that the demon king will have to wait until the child is of age.  Maybe instead of having MLC and XT as middle-aged parents (killing my romantic visions), they could have them go back to the spirit world while Yu Er is still a child because [insert detailed reason for that here].  Then they could appear when he most needs help, like old weirdo.  Also, that way XT would have powers as the leader of the Qu tribe.  She's quite ineffectual as a protector in her current form.

56 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

While looking up new shows to fill the EL shaped hole in my life, I just realised that I’m going to be so much more demanding for my kissing scenes. I don’t want any realistic longing glances and secret yearning. And when I get kisses they have to be passionate ones, not that depressing pursed-lips-kissing-a-corpse ones, especially the ones where the girl is as emotive as a plank of wood. I loved that XT enjoyed the kissing as much as MLC did.  *sigh* This drama has really spoilt me :bawling:

I know right! Now Im uber worried that this will spoil all dramas for me and make other love stories so bland in comparison. I hate those close-mouthed-wide-eyed kisses where the actress need only act like a block of wood. Scenes where they just mash their lips together and supposedly are passionately in love!

You guys are right! Its sorcery, pure sorcery! Its so rare in a drama where there are passionate kisses! Sigh! :bawling: what are we going to do?!

7 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Also, that way XT would have powers as the leader of the Qu tribe.  She's quite ineffectual as a protector in her current form.

I was waiting for XT to do some richard simmons kicking but sadly there was nothing. She’s actually very clueless this season except her fujoshi radar lol. I don’t think she had any character development here, but I’m glad that her character is strong and aggressive like when MLC tried to push her away she was true to her feelings and fought back. Other female leads would’ve probably ran away to cry for the next 10 episodes. 

1 hour ago, Renaro Kopique said:

I was waiting for XT to do some richard simmons kicking but sadly there was nothing. She’s actually very clueless this season except her fujoshi radar lol. 

LOL... I was actually entertained by her radar. She was actually jealous of their loveline. LOLLLL...

Archived