[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, selena32 said:

Imagine somebody else playing MLC or QXT?! If they change even one of the leads for the next season, thats it for me!

the way they banter, tease, their jealousy and the way they kiss! Ohhh lala! Smokin! 

There’s only one other couple I can think of that can match their chemistry and ironically their dramas have the same name! LOL

You mean Ye Hua and Bai Qian of Eternal Love(Ten Miles Peach Blossoms)?

On 11/12/2018 at 11:08 AM, Renaro Kopique said:

When you somehow stumble across this comment.:oI ain't playing these damn games with memory loss :rolleyes:

KSXdmCg.jpg

i think ill drop this drama if that happens

On 11/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, crazyoverkdrama said:

I love season 1, but season 2 is definitely better. Must be the bigger production budget, but most likely the actors.  There was never a boring episode in this season, and i love how they dealt with the noble consort. At least they didn't drag that story to the end.  And it's totally different from the first season. I just hope season 3 will be as good or better than season 2. Good job, show!

(still wondering what happened to those two villains in the beginning...)

I disagree i think alot of plot holes and weaker story this season but thats just me. 

Sometimes I forget that this Cheng Cheng is not exactly 8th Prince anymore. He is actually the reincarnated physician Sir Lian Cheng from the Magic Realm. He and Xiao Tan kinda "died off" in Dong Yue after Xiao Tan gave birth to Yu Er on his 25th birthday before being revived in the Magic Realm once again.

I'm only reminded of this whenever I see Cheng Cheng treating patients, and even more so when he placed his forehead on Xiao Tan's to check on her fever. (All 8th Prince incarnations have no medical knowledge whatsover)

I think the pre-reincarnated version of Cheng Cheng (the Lian Cheng who were in love with Qu Xiang Tan) must be such a passionate and humble person. As the current Cheng Cheng seems to inherit all the traits.

The story between the physician Sir Lian Cheng and Tribe Leader Qu Xiang Tan was a real tragic one and we only got a glimpse of it. It made me wonder if Tribe Leader Qu Xiang Tan somehow paid a price for them to be reborn and together again in another lifetime.

And what's up with Royal Grandfather Mo Yi Feng's deep love for his friend Lian Cheng? Geez. Seems abit of a bromance to me that he was so deeply affected by his death to the point he would wait so long for him to be reborn as his grandson. OMG. Did some love triangle were involved back then in the Magic Realm? You know, instead of 8th Prince+Xiao Tan+1st Prince it was Tribe Leader Mo Yi Feng+Physician Sir Lian Cheng+Xiao Tan. And these crazy relationships seems to be carried forward in all of their reincarnations.

*talking crap cuz I think I probably turned nuts from cliffhangers*

10 hours ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

That's the saddest part, MLC is the 8th prince, yet I can't help but feel sorry for 8th because it is exactly what QXT is feeling when MLC insists that she is his wife.  They are absolutely clueless.  But I feel sad for the 8th prince because it feels like as if she likes the modern version of him, but not HIM. Confusing, right?  I wouldn't blame him if he just let MLC fight his own battle, but what the heck. Protecting the other means protecting their future.

Goodness gracious.  I sound like a demented woman after watching this show.  I don't think i make sense anymore. LMAO

I actually starting to dislike MLC because he doesnt realise this is not the same XT .

They are the same person but not really .

5 hours ago, selena32 said:

@Ellie Toh

exactly! Nobody can play those roles to perfection! 

Remember they said that they were considering another actress for QXT bec Liang Je was engaged! Ugh! It would be sacrilege! :scream:

It would have been a blasphemy! I cannot imagine the story with other people replacing them. If anything and they wanted to change the cast, they should start anew and explore the possibility of a spinoff story...about Jing Xin? Or perhaps Yu Er who is in another Dong Yue.

35 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

If anything and they wanted to change the cast, they should start anew and explore the possibility of a spinoff story...about Jing Xin? Or perhaps Yu Er who is in another Dong Yue.

I may have said this before, but I would love to see Chen You Wei (Liu Shang) play grown-up Yu Er in The Eternal Love Spinoff. Idk where a story about Jing Xin would go, but Yu Er has a lot of potential. Like the story could start with him inheriting MLC's manor and the gold commander seal thing. And I'm assuming that the 14th Prince became King in the season 1 timeline? Since 8th and 1st Prince are gone. So Yu Er is probably going to meet a girl (by fate or arranged marriage, etc.) who is another transmigrator from modern world and he notices that the things she talks about and her speech is similar to that of his mother (he knows this from Xiao Tan's leftover memoirs and accounts from Jing Xin). Maybe the girl actually knows Xiao Tan. Like Xiao Tan was her senior at work or something. Thus, cue epic romance and time/world traveling to help the girl go home and reunite with his parents. 

LOL why am I writing a fanfic now? I apologize for this post. 

I'm excited for S3, but hope that S3 is the final "end." As much as I like the series, having a S4 or more would feel like too much. I saw that some people translated parts of the novel and I do think the drama makes it more interesting than the novel. Liang Jie and Xing Zhao Lin Chemistry :3 just keeps me going! I miss the previous 2 villains from S1 (Demon King and MLC's cousin) and it would be such a nice touch if they brought them back for S3. I also really love how the villains aren't just 2D evil people because they have dimension and aren't all that bad at all. They have some development as to why they act or turn that way so all the characters are so likable. I miss the fun from S1 as S2 is getting more emotional.

I saw an interview that Xing Zhao Lin said that when he was filming the drama, he was told to stay away from Liang Jie because they're too close and you can't see their relationship being "fresh". Compare S1 and S2 atmosphere and you can tell! Everyone's acting also improved so much. 

As a reminder the Chinese Title translates to "two generations pampered consort". I think without both Xiao Tan and Tan Er, there won't be 2 generations in the pampered consort. Right now it's more like "two generations of 8th prince". I'm hoping for both Xiao Tan and Tan Er to exist because that's mainly what the story is about. It's because of the switch we get all this comedy and see Liang Jie's amazing acting. Xing Zhao Lin also does amazing playing 2 different 8th princes too!

In S1 I kind of shipped Jing Xin with Yu Hao (the 8th prince's body guard). So far I'm not feeling Jing Xin/14th prince chemistry....Also in S2, they introduced the 9th prince (which is like the 14th prince character counterpart). The focus has always been 1st, 8th, and 14th princes...but they failed to show the 9th prince or give him some part to move the plot.  Or even introduce more princes to add more conflict next season? 

I also wish for 1st prince's happiness T^T. Let's hope S3 they can continue and also change a few things up instead of making it feel like a reboot to follow old plot/formula of the same fates of the characters.

Just read someone's thoughts about XT/TE, MLC, and MYH's past fates? Based on S1, seems like grandfather is still alive so it would be real nice to see more XuanLing Country as the arc was too short in S1. Though I'm curious if they make everything happen in the modern world, how will the story place out. Essentially, there are parallel universes so maybe you can expect the same person but "not really"? 

1 hour ago, Yui. said:

I miss the previous 2 villains from S1 (Demon King and MLC's cousin) and it would be such a nice touch if they brought them back for S3.

Just read someone's thoughts about XT/TE, MLC, and MYH's past fates? Based on S1, seems like grandfather is still alive so it would be real nice to see more XuanLing Country as the arc was too short in S1. Though I'm curious if they make everything happen in the modern world, how will the story place out. Essentially, there are parallel universes so maybe you can expect the same person but "not really"? 

They're already dead so I don't think it is a good idea to bring them back. If they are back in a different dimension that's like another repeat of the past and I think we want the plot to keep moving forward.

I don't think they should go to any parallel worlds or they will suffer like MLC. And I wonder if they would meet a doppelganger or a modern version of someone but it wouldn't really be the person they know.

Modern is great but I cant think of a plot for it lol. I mean MLC effortlessly learnt everything about that world already and I really really really don't want to see the leads restart their love life. I've always wanted to watch dramas on what lovers do after they get together.

I want to know more about Qu Xiang Tan or their way to immortality :grin:if they wanna be together forever then they gotta stop aging first. I felt like they cut out so much content on S1 like S2. They probably filmed a more in-depth backstory? Liang Jie rocks this hair style too. I wanna see her dark side. 

Tmk8e35.jpg

1 hour ago, Renaro Kopique said:

It's probably after marriage.

yq43zH2.jpg

Don't you just love this drama? I mean I've watched a lot of dramas and I've never seen a drama with so many kissing scenes ( ok I admit it, I'm a perv) :glasses:seriously though, I thought that China wouldn't show these types of dramas because of censors and stuff. But I'm so glad they did. The 2 leads are so talented at such a young age too as well as the supporting cast. I don't remember watching a drama wherein your jealous of your own self, where you dress up as your man to fool the other woman (this is hilarious BTW, when XT as Liu Shang bowed like a girl! I nearly fell of the sofa LMAO) 

I hope this drama is gonna be great till the end but now it's definitely ranked as my 2nd favorite drama just behind TMOPB. I wish Xing Xhao Lin and Liang Je the best.

Back to the drama, I can't understand Chinese but still had to watch the raws. What happened to the smurf princess? Did she leave? Can somebody tell me what was MLC saying when he was already blind and trying to feel his way towards XT but she was backing up?

7 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Don't you just love this drama? I mean I've watched a lot of dramas and I've never seen a drama with so many kissing scenes ( ok I admit it, I'm a perv) :glasses:seriously though, I thought that China wouldn't show these types of dramas because of censors and stuff. But I'm so glad they did. The 2 leads are so talented at such a young age too as well as the supporting cast. I don't remember watching a drama wherein your jealous of your own self, where you dress up as your man to fool the other woman (this is hilarious BTW, when XT as Liu Shang bowed like a girl! I nearly fell of the sofa LMAO) 

I hope this drama is gonna be great till the end but now it's definitely ranked as my 2nd favorite drama just behind TMOPB. I wish Xing Xhao Lin and Liang Je the best.

Back to the drama, I can't understand Chinese but still had to watch the raws. What happened to the smurf princess? Did she leave? Can somebody tell me what was MLC saying when he was already blind and trying to feel his way towards XT but she was backing up?

I also love this drama a lot.  Season 1, I lost count how many times I had watched it because the episode only 30 minutes.  

37 minutes ago, selena32 said:

I'm actually surprised that SARFT didn't get in the way *phew* since so many dramas got postponed. Maybe because it is entirely fictional and did not reference anyone or wreck historical culture in any way. :sweatingbullets:Am I the only one glad that they didn't try to modernise the historical era of Dong Yue? I mean the toothbrush and slippers are fine but I've seen others where they altered their costumes, hairstyles, settings etc and it turns me off.

The reason why I'm not invested in other dramas because it takes like what?  20-40 45 min eps for them to get together and end with 5 kiss scenes. Seems like veteran actors are too scared for kisses in their projects due to scandals of being too intimate with their co-stars (its happened before). I think it's way too common now to see how couples get together, many scriptwriters do not know what to write after couples get together but throw in complications for them to split up for n episodes. At least TEL 2 uses some tropes in new and refreshing ways. 

Politics, romance and comedy are well played out in terms of timing. I would usually skip out on political stuff but this drama kept it short and knows how to transition it back and forth so viewers don't get bored. Annoying characters are also dealt with within a couple of episodes. They have a story behind them to be that annoying character. My favourite scene is still when XT wrote a letter to the 1st prince in English. :lol:

It's cute to see the transformation.

mfKjonY.jpg

I'm surprised Pan Er is the youngest in the cast with her 18th bday lol. She looks old in the drama.

ftzmUzB.jpg JdPxw2g.jpg

@Renaro Kopique

Wow I like your take on this! The reason why I like this drama is just like what you said! I agree 100%! :blush: I really find it boring that other dramas play out the courtship game for so long (as what you said 20-40 episodes) then we get a few lame lame kissing scenes (wide eyed closed mouthed) let's be realistic, skinship in real life is not like that! I also liked the fact that they seemed to stick to realistic looking costumes and sets! The pacing is just fabulous too. They don't stick with the same villain for most of the drama and resolve the conflicts quickly. No draggy parts at all! I don't feel that a lot of the scenes are just fillers! 

I just love the before and after pics you posted. Everyone just looks much much better! Even the emperor, queen dowager and of course 14th prince. But I think the best transformation goes to Mo Yi Huai! :glasses:In S1 I didn't find him attractive at all! And now, Yowzah! 

I didn't know that the actress who played Pan Er is so young, even younger than most of the young cast! She really looked like the older sister! Surprising!:dizzy:

Archived