[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, linh5000 said:

I hope they don't play the lost memory game too much..I'm having a hard time keeping track of what people remember and who is suppose to be who (?).....

I don’t think it’s going to happen because most likely the merge (if that’s going to happen) isn’t going to happen in eps 21-24, so if the merge happens in eps 24-28, that’s not enough time for them to resolve it. I also think that even if it’s an open ending for a 3rd season, they wouldn’t make it a huge cliffhanger because I don’t think that they knew they were getting a third season before it aired. They also need to fit in the wedding too :) 

Never have I wished that I spoke another language as much as Chinese right now. LOL :bawling: I am sooo jealous of the people who understand the raws. Im so crazy about this drama that I also have been checking this forum almost every hour for updates. 

I just want to thank all of you for your pics, trailers, previews, translations and recaps. We really appreciate them because for non Chinese speakers like me it makes the wait for the episodes bearable... :kiss_wink:

I quite agree that they’re not going to use the amnesia trope again. It would be stupid of the writers to use something they already used in the early episodes. I think everything is great so far. Im only scared we are going to get a cliffhanger ending because there’s going to be a season 3:cry:

Recap for Ep 17, hope it's helpful!

The episode opens with XT by MLC's side. MLC has clearly only suffered minor injuries; he asks XT for an arm massage, then teases her about her declaration from the last episode (essentially, I will stay in the past if you are here). Lots of cheeky grins. XT leaves as it's getting late and runs into 8th Prince. 8th Prince asks her why she was at Liu Shang's residence so late. XT tells him that she and LS had been attacked, and 8th Prince immediately expresses his concern. He then tells her she is not permitted to stay alone with LS, and to never bring up another man in front of him, using the exact same words that MLC had earlier. 

The camera cuts to LS and 8th Prince in his study the next day. 8th Prince rebukes LS for keeping XT so late in his rooms at night. After this exchange, 8th Prince's assistant informs them that the Emperor is severely ill, and that he is calling for all the princes --  as well as Qu Tan'er. LS/MLC recalls the bitter infighting between himself and the eldest prince the first time around, after MYH is named crown prince, and pleads with 8th Prince to remember that 8th Prince and MYH are brothers, no matter what. 8th Prince is furious and asks LS if he is 8th Prince's advisor or MYH's advisor. At the palace, MYH is in fact named crown prince.

Qu Pan'er visits Consort Dugu in her cell. Consort Dugu asks Pan'er if Pan'er is here to free her. Pan'er tells her that she is here to ease Consort Dugu's troubles, and offers her some sweets. Consort Dugu begs for news instead. In reply, Pan'er calmly informs her that MYH is now crown prince, and that, as Consort Dugu will inevitably be a threat to him, it is best if Consort Dugu indulges in the sweets. Left with no alternatives, Consort Dugu eats the poisoned treats. She reminds Pan'er that, even if she is no longer alive, Da Yue's other descendants will eventually take their revenge on Dong Yue. Furthermore, Pan'er and MYH's relationship is bound to end in calamity. Some very dramatic staring occurs, with a close-up of Consort Dugu's magenta eyeshadow, before Pan'er rises and slams the cell door. She stands outside with a stone-cold expression, listens to Consort Dugu keel over, then orders the guard to inform the emperor that Consort Dugu has been punished for her crimes. 

At the palace, MYH, 8th Prince, and XT stand in front of the emperor. MYH has asked for XT to become his concubine. 8th Prince asks for the emperor's recognition of his relationship with XT. The emperor asks XT for her opinion -- she did insist on determining her own fate earlier. XT thinks wistfully about how many houses she could own as the empress, then states she doesn't want to marry either of the princes -- she already knows where her heart belongs. As the three walk out, MYH catches XT's hand and promises that she will be the empress, not a concubine, when he ascends to the throne. Of course, 8th Prince intercedes, and baits MYH with the fact that, at minimum -- even if XT has refused both of them -- XT is a staffer in his manor. (Oblivious beyond all reason, XT is confused why 8th Prince wants to marry her as well.) When 8th Prince and XT are alone, 8th Prince demands to know if she refused both princes because LS has her heart. XT insists her heart is hers alone and runs off to find MLC/LS. 

MLC leads her in, and they embrace. He mentions that he heard some interesting gossip from the palace -- that the second daughter of the Qu family just refused both princes, saying that her heart is elsewhere. XT smiles and says the gossip is nonsense. MLC tells her that it seems like her heart is his, and she laughs and warns him that if he keeps saying such silly things, she will change her mind and run off to become the Crown Princess.

The camera cuts to the palace, and Qu Tan'er's father, who had been banished to the border, is there to greet the emperor. He brings with him the Princess of Yong Ye (literally, the Princess of Endless Night). The emperor thanks Qu Tan'er for his service in resolving the dispute with the King of Yong Ye, and restores him to his position. The princess is here to solidify the alliance through marriage. When the emperor asks the princess how she plans to choose a groom with which to solidify the alliance, she says that the method is a secret and hers alone. 

Someone has stolen the Lihunxiao (the magic flute) from the sage's home in the mountains. MLC and the sage worry that this was an attempt to find the Soul-Suppressing Orb for nefarious purposes (I didn't really get this part, sorry! I've been lowkey skipping through all the Soul-Suppressing-Orb-related plot...). MLC then decides to tell the sage who the rightful owner of the Soul-Suppressing Orb is, as long as the sage never tells anyone else who it is. It's Qu Tan'er, of course. The sage looks annoyed, then tells MLC that he will die if he stays any longer in Dong Yue -- time and space have rules, and his existence in Dong Yue is a violation of those rules. Already MLC is weakening, and the medicine has less and less effect.

The reinstated Minister Qu is with Pan'er. He reveals that he has both a set of instructions on how to unlock the power of the Soul-Suppressing Orb, and the mystical flute. All he needs is the rightful owner before he can use the Soul-Suppressing Orb to seize power. The owner is someone in the Qu family's manor who had been acting strange, according to the manual, and Pan'er immediately realizes that it must Qu Tan'er. She expresses her jealousy that Qu Tan'er has the love of both the princes and LS. Lord Qu tells the jealous Pan'er to have patience, and that he has another pressing task to attend to.

Minister Qu requests Tan'er's return to the Qu family's manor. 8th Prince protests. The emperor asks what XT wants, and XT expresses her satisfaction with her fulfilling job and great housing. Everyone is a little confused, but get the gist, and XT is allowed to stay  with the 8th Prince. (The emperor is very amused.)

In the palace, the Princess of Yong Ye dances for the princes and the emperor. 14th Prince asks if 8th Prince has any intention of marrying the princess, who is both beautiful and a politically advantageous connection, but 8th Prince defers. Eldest prince is insulted when he is asked the same by his supporters --  Yong Ye is a small country, and it is demeaning to the princes to be chosen as a groom by the princess. He resolves to bring the country to heel when he is emperor. The princess says some (shocking!) vaguely feminist things and asks for the 8th prince's opinion. 8th prince is very progressive in his response. The princess rewards him for his progressiveness with a gift and a sly smile. 

Oh I forgot to mention. Someone told me that according to this interview the 1st Prince won't die. Here's what she told me. 

"According to 1st Prince in this interview, he wont die. But the ending for him quite sad but better than S1. He also revealed, 1st Prince knows some black magic." 

51 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

There shouldn't be a cliff hanger ending. They probably announced S3 because they can see that this season is doing well. 

I read somewhere, that is even before S1, that according to the director, there will be 3 seasons. It was already planned from the beginning. Maybe because they are still gauging the reaction of the audience that is why the news is partially released.

8 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I read somewhere, that is even before S1, that according to the director, there will be 3 seasons. It was already planned from the beginning. Maybe because they are still gauging the reaction of the audience that is why the news is partially released.

:oWow. But I wonder which director it is this time since this season is a diff guy. The leads are very busy nowadays I'm just afraid they won't come back. Many people also think that it will be a side story focusing on the supporting casts.

Anyways happy 2 billion views!

3SXz3QR.jpg

13 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

:oWow. But I wonder which director it is this time since this season is a diff guy. The leads are very busy nowadays I'm just afraid they won't come back. Many people also think that it will be a side story focusing on the supporting casts.

Anyways happy 2 billion views!

Oh, I thought that they confirmed that the original cast was coming back. Is that not the case? 

18 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

They did? I'm not sure. Are there any news source we can see it from?

I saw this on the viet Facebook page so it probably isn’t very reliable. I don’t see why they would do a third season without the original cast given the success though. 

35 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

Oh, I thought that they confirmed that the original cast was coming back. Is that not the case? 

I won't mind if the story will be about Jing Xin and 14th Prince...or about my bae Yi Huai Ge Ge or our hot Royal Grandfather...or even about the long forgotten Yu Er in another timeline. Lols.

4 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Oh I forgot to mention. Someone told me that according to this interview the 1st Prince won't die. Here's what she told me. 

"According to 1st Prince in this interview, he wont die. But the ending for him quite sad but better than S1. He also revealed, 1st Prince knows some black magic." 

Denggg...why Yi Huai Ge Ge have to turn evil. 

2 hours ago, allarice said:

Recap for Ep 17, hope it's helpful!

Reveal hidden contents

The episode opens with XT by MLC's side. MLC has clearly only suffered minor injuries; he asks XT for an arm massage, then teases her about her declaration from the last episode (essentially, I will stay in the past if you are here). Lots of cheeky grins. XT leaves as it's getting late and runs into 8th Prince. 8th Prince asks her why she was at Liu Shang's residence so late. XT tells him that she and LS had been attacked, and 8th Prince immediately expresses his concern. He then tells her she is not permitted to stay alone with LS, and to never bring up another man in front of him, using the exact same words that MLC had earlier. 

The camera cuts to LS and 8th Prince in his study the next day. 8th Prince rebukes LS for keeping XT so late in his rooms at night. After this exchange, 8th Prince's assistant informs them that the Emperor is severely ill, and that he is calling for all the princes --  as well as Qu Tan'er. LS/MLC recalls the bitter infighting between himself and the eldest prince the first time around, after MYH is named crown prince, and pleads with 8th Prince to remember that 8th Prince and MYH are brothers, no matter what. 8th Prince is furious and asks LS if he is 8th Prince's advisor or MYH's advisor. At the palace, MYH is in fact named crown prince.

Qu Pan'er visits Consort Dugu in her cell. Consort Dugu asks Pan'er if Pan'er is here to free her. Pan'er tells her that she is here to ease Consort Dugu's troubles, and offers her some sweets. Consort Dugu begs for news instead. In reply, Pan'er calmly informs her that MYH is now crown prince, and that, as Consort Dugu will inevitably be a threat to him, it is best if Consort Dugu indulges in the sweets. Left with no alternatives, Consort Dugu eats the poisoned treats. She reminds Pan'er that, even if she is no longer alive, Da Yue's other descendants will eventually take their revenge on Dong Yue. Furthermore, Pan'er and MYH's relationship is bound to end in calamity. Some very dramatic staring occurs, with a close-up of Consort Dugu's magenta eyeshadow, before Pan'er rises and slams the cell door. She stands outside with a stone-cold expression, listens to Consort Dugu keel over, then orders the guard to inform the emperor that Consort Dugu has been punished for her crimes. 

At the palace, MYH, 8th Prince, and XT stand in front of the emperor. MYH has asked for XT to become his concubine. 8th Prince asks for the emperor's recognition of his relationship with XT. The emperor asks XT for her opinion -- she did insist on determining her own fate earlier. XT thinks wistfully about how many houses she could own as the empress, then states she doesn't want to marry either of the princes -- she already knows where her heart belongs. As the three walk out, MYH catches XT's hand and promises that she will be the empress, not a concubine, when he ascends to the throne. Of course, 8th Prince intercedes, and baits MYH with the fact that, at minimum -- even if XT has refused both of them -- XT is a staffer in his manor. (Oblivious beyond all reason, XT is confused why 8th Prince wants to marry her as well.) When 8th Prince and XT are alone, 8th Prince demands to know if she refused both princes because LS has her heart. XT insists her heart is hers alone and runs off to find MLC/LS. 

MLC leads her in, and they embrace. He mentions that he heard some interesting gossip from the palace -- that the second daughter of the Qu family just refused both princes, saying that her heart is elsewhere. XT smiles and says the gossip is nonsense. MLC tells her that it seems like her heart is his, and she laughs and warns him that if he keeps saying such silly things, she will change her mind and run off to become the Crown Princess.

The camera cuts to the palace, and Qu Tan'er's father, who had been banished to the border, is there to greet the emperor. He brings with him the Princess of Yong Ye (literally, the Princess of Endless Night). The emperor thanks Qu Tan'er for his service in resolving the dispute with the King of Yong Ye, and restores him to his position. The princess is here to solidify the alliance through marriage. When the emperor asks the princess how she plans to choose a groom with which to solidify the alliance, she says that the method is a secret and hers alone. 

Someone has stolen the Lihunxiao (the magic flute) from the sage's home in the mountains. MLC and the sage worry that this was an attempt to find the Soul-Suppressing Orb for nefarious purposes (I didn't really get this part, sorry! I've been lowkey skipping through all the Soul-Suppressing-Orb-related plot...). MLC then decides to tell the sage who the rightful owner of the Soul-Suppressing Orb is, as long as the sage never tells anyone else who it is. It's Qu Tan'er, of course. The sage looks annoyed, then tells MLC that he will die if he stays any longer in Dong Yue -- time and space have rules, and his existence in Dong Yue is a violation of those rules. Already MLC is weakening, and the medicine has less and less effect.

The reinstated Minister Qu is with Pan'er. He reveals that he has both a set of instructions on how to unlock the power of the Soul-Suppressing Orb, and the mystical flute. All he needs is the rightful owner before he can use the Soul-Suppressing Orb to seize power. The owner is someone in the Qu family's manor who had been acting strange, according to the manual, and Pan'er immediately realizes that it must Qu Tan'er. She expresses her jealousy that Qu Tan'er has the love of both the princes and LS. Lord Qu tells the jealous Pan'er to have patience, and that he has another pressing task to attend to.

Minister Qu requests Tan'er's return to the Qu family's manor. 8th Prince protests. The emperor asks what XT wants, and XT expresses her satisfaction with her fulfilling job and great housing. Everyone is a little confused, but get the gist, and XT is allowed to stay  with the 8th Prince. (The emperor is very amused.)

In the palace, the Princess of Yong Ye dances for the princes and the emperor. 14th Prince asks if 8th Prince has any intention of marrying the princess, who is both beautiful and a politically advantageous connection, but 8th Prince defers. Eldest prince is insulted when he is asked the same by his supporters --  Yong Ye is a small country, and it is demeaning to the princes to be chosen as a groom by the princess. He resolves to bring the country to heel when he is emperor. The princess says some (shocking!) vaguely feminist things and asks for the 8th prince's opinion. 8th prince is very progressive in his response. The princess rewards him for his progressiveness with a gift and a sly smile. 

Thank you so much for this! So grateful that you take the time to translate! :heart:

Now, regarding the supposed end of 1st prince, that's a surprising twist since he died in the first season and S1 XT hoped that he will be together with Qu Tan'er in another world. I assume that he will go into another parallel dimension. Maybe they are setting him up as the villain in season 3.

Has anybody else watched the Raws? What episode did the heartbreaking scene at the river happen? And when did MLC change his mind, since his "noble idiot" stance didn't last.

2 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Thank you so much for this! So grateful that you take the time to translate! :heart:

Now, regarding the supposed end of 1st prince, that's a surprising twist since he died in the first season and S1 XT hoped that he will be together with Qu Tan'er in another world. I assume that he will go into another parallel dimension. Maybe they are setting him up as the villain in season 3.

Has anybody else watched the Raws? What episode did the heartbreaking scene at the river happen? And when did MLC change his mind, since his "noble idiot" stance didn't last.

I’ve watched up to episode 18. There is a change in the constellations and there is a break in the universe and MLC has asked XT to meet him by the sea but she doesn’t make it as Jing Xin was taken to the Qu manor to me tortured and questioned and 14th prince had asked XT to help find her. The episode ends when XT is trying to leave Qu manor with Jing Xin and are stopped by guards. MLC hasn’t started his noble idiot stance by this episode so I’m supposing he begins it in episode 19 or 20.

13 hours ago, Ellie Toh said:

Choose a husband. Lolss...8th Prince or Cheng Cheng. Too difficult. Head over to Yi Huai Ge Ge instead. In all honesty all the men loves her and won't let her suffer anything. She'd get along fine with just about anyone. Heck, she can even get the handsome Royal Grandfather to cater to her whim and mischief in the previous timeline. Hahahaaaaa. Damn. I feel drunk on this story that I'm talking crap.

Please give Yi Huai Ge Ge a happy ending this time. So pitiful of Yi Huai Ge Ge. Can we just get him to either fall sickly in love with Pan Er and return her feelings so that she won't turn evil? Or just give him back his Qu Tan Er. Poor fella. He went all looney just because of that boring second miss of Qu family.

You know I quite agree! I found the original Tan Er boring and have no idea what Mo Yi Huai saw in her. I intentionally skipped some of her scenes in the season 1 because she is soooo boring! Anyway to each his own. However, I still don't want him to end up with Pan Er because honestly she is as dumb as dirt. Every time she plots something she is always caught and does not have the brains to get out of it. 

Remember in the 1st season what she planned for Tan Er, she got caught coz she is so obvious!

Spoiler

Imagine hiding the poison in her sleeve during her assassination attempt on Tan Er. Why didn't she just throw it away! Dumb as dirt! 

To me the most heartbreaking scene was not the breaking off by the river bank. It's the scene where she's right in front of him and he can't see her yet living on their memories. And I feel really sad for the 8th prince when she call his name MLC during her unconsciousness yet it wasn't the 8th prince who was in her heart. IDK even though they are the same person yet the drama has succeeded in making me watching them as a different person! But season 2 is really really good in terms of story plot and  all they improvement of the whole casts. The tears keep on falling down the cheeks of the leads at the heartbreaking scene at Liu Qian Shui's house really had me teary-eyed.

29 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Np! It's really good practice, since I'm slowly forgetting all my Chinese.

Recap for Episode 18 as well:

The episode opens with LS and 8P in 8P’s study. LS admires 8P’s calligraphy, but 8P has more pressing matters to discuss: the Princess of Yong Ye’s interest in him. 8P is firmly against marrying her, and asks LS to investigate her intentions. LS asks 8P why he is opposed, as Yong Ye would be a valuable ally. 8P tells LS that he should not ask questions that he already knows the answers to. 

The princess wants to buy a sword in a store, but the manager informs her that the sword is already promised to another. The princess threatens the manager with the destruction of his store. She is stopped by LS. LS asks her if she is acting up because she cannot choose her own husband, and instead is being given to Dong Yue as a political gift. The princess is stricken by how well he understands her. LS returns the dagger she gave 8P with his apologies. The princess says that she understands that 8P already has someone in his heart, and would not force him —  besides, she already has someone else in mind. She smiles at LS and leaves. LS grasps his sleeve where she touched him and watches her with interest as she walks away. 

The princess and the various princes stand in front of the emperor. The emperor asks her which prince she prefers as her groom. She looks shyly at 8P, and the emperor assumes that she has chosen him. The princess says she is interested not in 8P, but instead LS, who stands directly behind him. 

XT runs up to MLC and accuses MLC of finding a foreign mistress right after starting their relationship. She tackles him and they fall onto his bed. She kisses him and starts undressing him. (She’s definitely on top during this scene.) MLC tells XT not to do anything rash, and promises to clarify things with the princess the next day. XT ignores him and runs off with his LS mask instead.

Wearing LS’s face, XT walks out of MLC’s residence. She practices “it’s not you, it's me” lines to use on the princess. The princess walks in and asks why LS's voice sounds so funny. LS (or XT as LS) says that he’s suffered an illness, and that his voice will be this ugly for the rest of his life. The princess says that she doesn’t mind as long as it’s his voice that she hears. LS examines the dagger that the princess gave 8P, which she is now giving him, and explains that he, too, already loves someone. But the princess insists that since he has accepted her gift, he is hers by the traditions of Yong Ye. XT as LS very maturely says that something along the lines of: “So be it, but you must tolerate my bad habits, such as farting and picking my nose.” The princess is totally game — she thinks such behaviors are manly. XT then leaves. 

MLC is with the sage again. The sage tells MLC that his body is now even weaker. MLC worries about his deteriorating health. But he also worries about the Princess Lan Yexi (Princess of Yong Ye), and the fact that Minister Qu knows that Qu Tan’er is the key to unlocking the Soul-Suppressing Orb. He is unsure how to keep Minister Qu away from her. MLC believes he must take XT away from Dong Yue. The sage has no solutions, beyond providing MLC with more medicine. MLC wants to take larger doses, but the sage tells him doing so will only speed up his body’s decline. MLC doesn’t care — he needs to be strong, even if it decreases his life span, to take care of XT.

XT goes and finds the princess. She tells him that she is LS’s serving maid and bears a gift from him. The gift is a few pieces of straw. She then gives the princess some advice: LS is a terrible master, and a terrible husband who would never buy the princess nice things. The princess shrugs and says she can buy her own gifts, and her husband needs only look pretty. As a last try, XT tells the princess that she is too beautiful to tie herself down to a single man — she should remain free to admire many handsome men. The princess laughs and says marrying LS is entirely compatible with having a harem. XT is dumbfounded.

MYH is in his very well-decorated, slightly art-deco study when Minister Qu arrives. Minister Qu congratulates him on attaining the position of crown prince. He goads MYH, saying that the princess has snubbed the princes for a mere attendant. Furthermore, the attendant is 8P’s, establishing an alliance between Yong Ye and 8P. MYH tells Minister Qu that a little kingdom like Yong Ye is insignificant. Unsuccessful in his first attempt to schmooze, Minister Qu brings up Tan’er. He tries to convince MYH that Tan’er still loves him, only she worries that MYH cannot protect and provide for her as well as 8P can. The faster that MYH can seize power, the sooner Tan’er will turn to him. And, the longer MYH delays, the harder consolidating power will be. Minister Qu proposes a marriage between MYH and Pan’er, to link the two families. (Totally unclear how this is supposed to help MYH get with Tan’er, but okay.) MYH looks thoughtful and invites Minister Qu to stay for some tea.

MYH is practicing with the sword in the courtyard. Pan’er watches him and calls out to him, but he walks away without acknowledging her. She follows him with the foods she prepared, all of his favorites. He tells her she does not need to prepare foods for him, but Pan’er only expresses how glad she is to cook for him. MYH is appreciative of her efforts, but reminds her that he is only with her for her instrumental value. His heart belongs to Tan’er. Pan’er doesn’t care — she will follow him no matter how he treats her. 

The sage watches the stars and realizes that an astrological event approaches. This means MLC can return to where he came from, rather than disappear into nothing.

The Qu family has forced XT’s maid into the manor, having caught her at the market. They accuse her of concealing the changes in XT from the family. Mistress Qu cackles and tortures Jing Xin with needles as Jing Xin begs for mercy.

MLC and XT discuss their route home. MLC hands XT instructions — XT should find him at a meeting point by . the sea at night, after he has finished up a few last things. As XT runs to pack, 14P finds her and alerts her to the fact that her maid is missing. They realize that Jing Xin has been taken by the Qu family. XT thinks it is a great idea to go by herself to the Qu family manor. 14P offers to come with her, but XT refuses, saying that it is unseemly for a prince to go and retrieve a mere maid. XT then leaves alone. 

MLC and the sage watch the astrological event as the sky grows dark. They wait for XT, but she is nowhere to be found. Only two hours remain before the portal closes. 

XT runs into the Qu manor, and finds Jing Xin unconscious on the floor. XT threatens them with a lawyer and social shame on Weibo. The Qus laugh. Jing Xin wakes up, and XT tries to take her and leave. They are blocked by the Qu’s household staff. 

The portal is closing. The sage warns MLC that if he does not leave now, he will die in Dong Yue. MLC insists on waiting for XT, even if it means his death. They watch the sky go dark.

Archived