[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

Guest dramacf
11 minutes ago, Wotad said:

This is what im hoping. 

S1 MLC and S1 XT have a life bond and are the original OTP this current s2 XT and S2 8th prince should be together .

Yes! Cos for the drama to truly embody eternal love, the original versions of the OTP must be together. It's like they will find each other in whatever dimension or timeline and they will see how their other versions fall in love with one another again (S2 MLC with S2 XT). Honestly, if not for S1 MLC, S2 XT would've already been half in love with S2 MLC by now. I'm really really crossing my fingers that S1 MLC realize that this version of XT isn't his that his own XT is waiting for him somewhere and he needs the orb so they can find/summon her. Cos that's the only purpose of the orb I can see for this season. And if they do then they can merge S1/S2 MLC and S1/S2 XT into one however magically possible that will be. Then both get sucked into whatever dimension again (for S3) but this time it will be different, XT will be a princess and MLC will be his servant and they bicker and fall in love all over again! That's my head canon. :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, dramacf said:

Yes! Cos for the drama to truly embody eternal love, the original versions of the OTP must be together. It's like they will find each other in whatever dimension or timeline and they will see how their other versions fall in love with one another again (S2 MLC with S2 XT). Honestly, if not for S1 MLC, S2 XT would've already been half in love with S2 MLC by now. I'm really really crossing my fingers that S1 MLC realize that this version of XT isn't his that his own XT is waiting for him somewhere and he needs the orb so they can find/summon her. Cos that's the only purpose of the orb I can see for this season. And if they do then they can merge S1/S2 MLC and S1/S2 XT into one however magically possible that will be. Then both get sucked into whatever dimension again (for S3) but this time it will be different, XT will be a princess and MLC will be his servant and they bicker and fall in love all over again! That's my head canon. :P

Totally agree its not eternal love if the original XT is gone.. and shes not dead otherwise life bond would have killed MLC, what worries me though is that she got the memories of the s1 XT and thinks they are hers when in reality they are not. 

3 hours ago, dramacf said:

Then I'm really confused now.  Earlier, we have been discussing about that news that QXT remembered her past self after her encounter with the orb, as well as her son. So if we are going to follow your thoughts, then where will this news come in? I was thinking that perhaps at one point the two MLC will merge, you know, the past and present timeline. There is this part where LS is lying in bed bleeding and 8th prince is levitating, like transferring his energy and a caption about having two people living in the palace at the same time. I know it is confusing, but my theory is this: the timeline is correct. MLC is dealing with both past selves of MLC and QXT, but unlike MLC who travelled body and soul, it was only the soul of QXt who travelled, thus the role of the orb in the recent timeline. There is no link in her body because this an alternate reality, where QXT did not die, no life bond link happened.  QXT is not dead, the soul  of the S1 QXT is trapped (come on, this is fantasy. Dead is not dead until the soul is gone. It defies logic but this is drama after all.) somewhere.  I also remember that scene about QXT waving at her from the water, that could possibly mean that the soul is still out there somewhere, just waiting to return.

There are so many hints here and there where MLC acts like modern MLC, so the posibility that the stuck up prince merged with the modern one along the way.  

Also there is this MV where MLC and the weirdo guy are watching the sky with three stars. I'm more inclined to believe that it has something to do with the past, present and future. It's a bit far-fetched but it's more logical than asking the characters from S1 to keep on travelling. Also, MLC needs to die again, as prophesized by his grandfather, thus the possibility of them travelling again is high, and that will probably the premise of the S3.

14 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Then I'm really confused now.  Earlier, we have been discussing about that news that QXT remembered her past self after her encounter with the orb, as well as her son. So if we are going to follow your thoughts, then where will this news come in? I was thinking that perhaps at one point the two MLC will merge, you know, the past and present timeline. There is this part where LS is lying in bed bleeding and 8th prince is levitating, like transferring his energy and a caption about having two people living in the palace at the same time. I know it is confusing, but my theory is this: the timeline is correct. MLC is dealing with both past selves of MLC and QXT, but unlike MLC who travelled body and soul, it was only the soul of QXt who travelled, thus the role of the orb in the recent timeline. There is no link in her body because this an alternate reality, where QXT did not die, no life bond link happened.  QXT is not dead, the soul  of the S1 QXT is trapped (come on, this is fantasy. Dead is not dead until the soul is gone. It defies logic but this is drama after all.) somewhere.  I also remember that scene about QXT waving at her from the water, that could possibly mean that the soul is still out there somewhere, just waiting to return.

There are so many hints here and there where MLC acts like modern MLC, so the posibility that the stuck up prince merged with the modern one along the way.  

Also there is this MV where MLC and the weirdo guy are watching the sky with three stars. I'm more inclined to believe that it has something to do with the past, present and future. It's a bit far-fetched but it's more logical than asking the characters from S1 to keep on travelling. Also, MLC needs to die again, as prophesized by his grandfather, thus the possibility of them travelling again is high, and that will probably the premise of the S3.

I like where you're going with your thoughts on QXT. Waving QXT has to be resolved at some point, otherwise it was pretty pointless to have that scene in there. I don't think that future QXT is stuck in some dimension physically. When the past QXT regains memories that just means that her soul is back in her body. If we go back to the beginning of the season, MLC was confused as to why there were two of him and so was the old weirdo because that shouldn't happen. So the two merging will fix the whole dimension jump blip that happened... I think... 

5 hours ago, linh5000 said:

I'm already dying waiting for season 2..now they're gonna make me wait for season 3 too!!! It looks like season 3 (from the poster) will be more modern....whooo hoo!! 

There is a vietnamese translated version for the novel but it's not completed..has anybody read any part of it? I can't even bring myself to read it until i finish the drama...

I know right!!! We are only halfway thru this season and they’re already announcing a 3rd season!! :bawling: and me with my vast impatience for waiting!!! What am I going to do with my life once this season ends :bawling: 

I just have to mention though that I love this season so much more than the previous one. The plot is more intricate and the production values are so much better. When I enter into dramaland, I really dive in and it is hard to believe that an emperor and his kingdom have such cheap looking robes but for this season its much more believable. I watched season 1 because of the chemistry of the 2 leads. But now, combine that with real looking sets, Im in seventh heaven!

BTW I know that Im being a perv saying this, :joy: but don’t you just love their kissing scenes?! Its very rare for a drama to have this many and with so much passion! Im so sick and tired of closed mouth wide eyed kisses but thats not the case with this drama Im so happy to say! 

14 minutes ago, selena32 said:

I know right!!! We are only halfway thru this season and they’re already announcing a 3rd season!! :bawling: and me with my vast impatience for waiting!!! What am I going to do with my life once this season ends :bawling: 

I just have to mention though that I love this season so much more than the previous one. The plot is more intricate and the production values are so much better. When I enter into dramaland, I really dive in and it is hard to believe that an emperor and his kingdom have such cheap looking robes but for this season its much more believable. I watched season 1 because of the chemistry of the 2 leads. But now, combine that with real looking sets, Im in seventh heaven!

BTW I know that Im being a perv saying this, :joy: but don’t you just love their kissing scenes?! Its very rare for a drama to have this many and with so much passion! Im so sick and tired of closed mouth wide eyed kisses but thats not the case with this drama Im so happy to say! 

I think the same thing. Like... where did he learn to kiss like that?! lol 

I watched an a couple eps of the first season yesterday and man, his acting has improved or the character of MLC has improved. So uptight in the first season and this one, so fun and loving!

4 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I guess seaso 3 is true.  It has been confirmed by Dramapanda site.

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/tencent-unveils-remakes-sequels-and.html?m=1

WHAT THE!!!?? Then does that mean we're not getting a happy ending for this season? AISH! If they bring season 3, they better keep the same cast, it's going to sucks if they change Tan Er and Cheng Cheng to someone else. 

:phew:I’m such a TEL trash, can’t keep myself away from this forum. So like I couldn’t hold myself back and mtled through the novel when I’m supposed to be doing better things.

Judging from what I’ve read so far I feel like S3 will be a brand new script following S2 because the modern setting in the novel after S1 (arc 1) is kinda bland.

So according to the novel, Qu Xiao Tan and Qu Tan Er swapped souls. One had to adapt to the  world of Dong Yue and another to the Modern world. 

This is based on 40 chapters so far.

There are differences between the drama and the novel but I guess the premise is still the same. I started the novel after MLC and XT defeated the Demon King. They both got transported to the Modern world. Both fell into the sea. XT was saved by a person who was out on his yacht. Seeing her dressed in costume clothing it made her look either like a cosplayer or an actress. The man was Mr. Duan, a rich guy from a wealthy family who chose to become an actor (star/celebrity). He lent her his clothes to dress into. She took his phone and asked for the password but he refused so she threw it away. XT needed to locate MLC so she had to go on shore and finally found him. 

Mr. Duan insisted on being friendly with the two when there was nothing to be gained from. He helped them with their accomodation etc. 

In the hotel room, XT taught MLC how to use a shower. MLC used his internal force to blow dry his hair but got scolded by XT because the media in this world can be scary if he was found doing this. She also prohibited him from killing anyone.

The two were given clothes to attend Mr. Duan’s party. There was an assassination towards Mr. Duan with gunshots during the party. Everyone was in panic, yet the couple went to a corner, poured two glasses of wine and silently watched the chaos in a calm manner. XT told MLC to relax as the bodyguards will take care of everything. Of course, Mr. Duan was safe but he was amused by the fact the two were so calm in this situation. He really wanted to befriend them but both MLC and XT found it weird. By taking advantage of Mr. Duan’s intentions, she asked him to forge 2 identity card/documents for them. He gave them his business card with his personal number on it. The two left and said they will contact him when the documents are done. 

The couple were followed by one of Mr. Duan’s people. They took advantage of his money and rented a place with internet and technology. XT taught MLC about the internet and he got addicted to it to the point that XT was angry that she was as not important. After a few days, XT wanted to show MLC about the wonders of the night market so they went out. Gu Lin who is Mr. Duan’s bodyguard approached them and personally handed them two invitation cards for another party. However, they lost it whilst riding around on a bike. They came across a group of people and XT spotted her modern self telling MLC that she can see herself. It turned out that Tan Er who adapted to the modern world became extremely popular who is known for her 4 arts (music, calligraphy etc).

The couple contacted Mr. Duan through the kept business card and asked for new invitations as they lost it. He came to hand it to them in person but attracted a lot of attention. This was when XT became dumbfounded because she did not know he was a celebrity but rather just a rich guy. Knowing that her modern body is a famous figure who will attend the party she insisted to join the party to approach her.

The Day of the Party

XT asked Mr. Duan if he could help them prepare some clothes for this particular event. On the day of the party, Mr. Duan showed MLC his speed racing skills and asked if MLC wanted to try the car. MLC accepted as he read about this on the internet before and how the speed was described as extremely fast. XT was dumbfounded because she knew he couldn’t ride one but he already left in a speed of light. Who would’ve thought MLC would become a speed racing prodigy after watching another drive? MLC as usual with his cold face said that the speed of this was not even fast leaving the other two speechless. As night approached they left to get ready for the party. 

Qu Tan Er was shocked at the party when she saw her Dong Yue body giving her eye contact. She also knew the man next to XT should somehow be the 8th Prince. The two girls had a talk and were worried about their real parents from each side. They both exchanged contact details.

MLC and Mr. Duan negotiated that one of them will provide all living necessities and expenses and the other offer bodyguard protection due to the assassination from before.

Mr. Duan explained that this all happened 3 months ago when people from his family asked him to drop out of the Duan family’s business line and focused on what he truly loves, his “acting career”. The next day he got shot and had to lay in bed for half a month. 

So both XT and MLC’s job was to protect Mr. Duan and find out who the perpetrator?

XT told MLC that after she fought with the Demon King, the soul suppressing orb went inside her body but she could not find it at all. She was worried that MLC would have a hard time adapting to this world and it would be better if she finds the orb to return to either Dong Yue or Xuan Ling. Another thing was that she thought he wouldn’t like the idea of having to work hard to earn money for a living. She tried to teach him all sorts of things and surprised him. However, he kept his cold face on 24/7 which made her angry because he caught on things too fast and nothing could surprise him at all.

50 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

WHAT THE!!!?? Then does that mean we're not getting a happy ending for this season? AISH! If they bring season 3, they better keep the same cast, it's going to sucks if they change Tan Er and Cheng Cheng to someone else. 

Please please please have a happy ending for season 2! :bawling: just like season 1. I hope the writers don’t keep us hanging because I might just break somethin if they are going to end this season with a tragic cliffhanger. And then all of us have to wait a year for it to be resolved! 

I mean come on! They’ve already been through so much! 

Im really hoping its not going to be in the modern world. I think I would prefer it to be in the fantasy continent with the original cast in diff characters. Like the 1st prince as Cold Fish Mo again like in season 1

4 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

:phew:I’m such a TEL trash, can’t keep myself away from this forum. So like I couldn’t hold myself back and mtled through the novel when I’m supposed to be doing better things.

Judging from what I’ve read so far I feel like S3 will be a brand new script following S2 because the modern setting after the novel is kinda bland.

So according to the novel, Qu Xiao Tan and Qu Tan Er swapped souls. One had to adapt to the  world of Dong Yue and another to the Modern world. 

There are differences between the drama and the novel but I guess the premise is still the same. I started the novel after MLC and XT defeated the Demon King. They both got transported to the Modern world. Both fell into the sea. XT was saved by a person who was out on his yacht. Seeing her dressed in costume clothing it made her look either like a cosplayer or an actress. The man was Mr. Duan, a rich guy from a wealthy family who chose to become an actor (star/celebrity). He lent her his clothes to dress into. She took his phone and asked for the password but he refused so she threw it away. XT needed to locate MLC so she had to go on shore and finally found him. 

Mr. Duan insisted on being friendly with the two when there was nothing to be gained from. He helped them with their accomodation etc. 

In the hotel room, XT taught MLC how to use a shower. MLC used his internal force to blow dry his hair but got scolded by XT because the media in this world can be scary if he was found doing this. She also prohibited him from killing anyone.

The two were given clothes to attend Mr. Duan’s party. There was an assassination towards Mr. Duan with gunshots during the party. Everyone was in panic, yet the couple went to a corner, poured two glasses of wine and silently watched the chaos in a calm manner. XT told MLC to relax as the bodyguards will take care of everything. Of course, Mr. Duan was safe but he was amused by the fact the two were so calm in this situation. He really wanted to befriend them but both MLC and XT found it weird. By taking advantage of Mr. Duan’s intentions, she asked him to forge 2 identity card/documents for them. He gave them his business card with his personal number on it. The two left and said they will contact him when the documents are done. 

The couple were followed by one of Mr. Duan’s people. They took advantage of his money and rented a place with internet and technology. XT taught MLC about the internet and he got addicted to it to the point that XT was angry that she was as not important. After a few days, XT wanted to show MLC about the wonders of the night market so they went out. Gu Lin who is Mr. Duan’s bodyguard approached them and personally handed them two invitation cards for another party. However, they lost it whilst riding around on a bike. They came across a group of people and XT spotted her modern self telling MLC that she can see herself. It turned out that Tan Er who adapted to the modern world became extremely popular who is known for her 4 arts (music, calligraphy etc).

The couple contacted Mr. Duan through the kept business card and asked for new invitations as they lost it. He came to hand it to them in person but attracted a lot of attention. This was when XT became dumbfounded because she did not know he was a celebrity but rather just a rich guy. Knowing that her modern body is a famous figure who will attend the party she insisted to join the party to approach her.

The Day of the Party

XT asked Mr. Duan if he could help them prepare some clothes for this particular event. On the day of the party, Mr. Duan showed MLC his speed racing skills and asked if MLC wanted to try the car. MLC accepted as he read about this on the internet before and how the speed was described as extremely fast. XT was dumbfounded because she knew he couldn’t ride one but he already left in a speed of light. Who would’ve thought MLC would become a speed racing prodigy after watching another drive? MLC as usual with his cold face said that the speed of this was not even fast leaving the other two speechless. As night approached they left to get ready for the party. 

Qu Tan Er was shocked at the party when she saw her Dong Yue body giving her eye contact. She also knew the man next to XT should somehow be the 8th Prince. The two girls had a talk and were worried about their real parents from each side. They both exchanged contact details.

MLC and Mr. Duan negotiated that one of them will provide all living necessities and expenses and the other offer bodyguard protection due to the assassination from before.

Mr. Duan explained that this all happened 3 months ago when people from his family asked him to drop out of the Duan family’s business line and focused on what he truly loves, his “acting career”. The next day he got shot and had to lay in bed for half a month. 

So both XT and MLC’s job was to protect Mr. Duan and find out who the perpetrator?

XT told MLC that after she fought with the Demon King, the soul suppressing orb went inside her body but she could not find it at all. She was worried that MLC would have a hard time adapting to this world and it would be better if she finds the orb to return to either Dong Yue or Xuan Ling. Another thing was that she thought he wouldn’t like the idea of having to work hard to earn money for a living. She tried to teach him all sorts of things and surprised him. However, he kept his cold face on 24/7 which made her angry because he caught on things too fast and nothing could surprise him at all.

Thank you so much for this. It gives us real insight as to how MLC in the drama learned to drive so fast and about other things. But I kinda don’t like the plot at all! I mean how can our sweet MLC be so cold faced all the time!

On 11/7/2018 at 1:49 AM, golinda27 said:

13th episode recap. I think that's all I have time for today :)

Hide contents

XT and 8th prince are leaving the palace after the emperor is called away because of the concubine. XT sees the palace maids bringing in dishes of food for the concubine and questions why she's eating things like crab. She tells the 8th prince that from what she hears if the concubine is pregnant, she should be watching what she eats and should be avoiding these foods. She also points out that the emperor visits the concubine every night. XT says that based on her drama watching, women in the palace avoid hmmm hmm (she then clarifies by saying "sharing a bed"). The prince comments on her knowledge of these things and then says that they should go back and tell LS about what they've seen.

The concubine's maid overhears this conversation and goes back to tell the concubine who meanwhile is doing some sort of dance (which I'm going to assume is them symbolically getting it on). 

Back at 8th prince manor, 8th prince, LS and XT are in the study talking about the events of the day. 8th prince tells XT to tell LS her thoughts. So she tells him what she feels similar to what she tells 8th prince at the palace but uses modern day language. LS smiles at what she says and in his thoughts, 8th prince wonders why LS understands what XT is saying but he doesn't at all. XT then says, as parents, you should be treating them like precious treasure. LS responds saying (*I might not be translating this right*) "Yes, XT is right. A mother does do everything to protect their child. This reminds me of my wife and son. My wife was active but when she became pregnant she became very careful. She also loved to eat spicy foods but then changed to more plain foods. Even during her last days, she always thought of our son." 8th prince then asks what happened to LS family and he responds with "My son is in another world and my wife no longer remembers me" and he looks at XT. XT is touched by his story and 8th prince has that jealous look on his face and tells Yuhao to take XT back because it's late. 

The next day, XT goes to clean the study and notices that 8th prince is in the study. He is looking at a painting he made and she compliments his knowledge using modern language but he doesn't understand what she means. She uses the painting he made when he was young but he says that he's never told her that he painted it. She back peddles and says she just guessed. As the prince is talking XT says that MLC and 8th prince's thought process are the same. She mentions what LS has been teaching her, 8th prince gets jealous and grabs her and says "I told you to watch LS, I didn't tell you to think of him. I've been to lenient with you for you to think it's ok for you to mention another man in front of me. Do you not understand my feelings for you? I want your heart to belong to me only." She tells him it's complicated and he says that he can wait for her answer. He leaves. She says that he's cocky in how he expresses his feelings. She then questions why she thinks of MLC so much. 

The next scene, everyone is having a meal at the palace to welcome a foreign person (looks like he's from where that foreign princess will be coming from). XT and LS are with 8th prince. 8th prince notices that 1st prince is looking at XT and they start making snide remarks. XT goes to 1st prince and says that she's sorry she mislead him but she mistook him for the wrong person. He asks what she's saying and then 8th prince calls her back. He says that dinner will not be served for a while so she can take this dessert that he prepared especially for her if she's hungry. 1st prince says that XT would not like such a commoner dessert. XT then whispers to the dessert not to pay attention to that, she loves it. LS then gives XT a jade pendant. So the three men are trying to give her things to win her. 

The concubine notices this bantering so she suggests an archery competition using XT as the prize to be taken as either the 1st prince or 8th prince's concubine. XT is not impressed. 

That evening, 8th prince is reading as he is going to bed and a needle dart hits him and makes him unconscious. The next morning Yuhao is surprised that the prince is not awake even though he has a routine. They break into the room and see that the prince is unconscious. XT is worried because her life is in his hands. LS tells Yuhao to take XT to the competition field and he'll try to revive the prince. LS then realizes that the prince has been hit with a type of poison that will leave him unconscious for a whole day. He then looks at the bow and arrow and goes to touch it. It's clear that he's going to go and compete instead of the prince. 

At the field, everyone is waiting for the 8th prince and the emperor points out that he's late. Concubine makes a snide remark that he probably thinks lowly of XT and doesn't want her. MLC as the 8th prince arrives and makes the excuse that he was getting rid of wild animals to protect the emperor. It's then discovered that it was the foreign guy that knocked the prince out, so he's surprised that the prince made it to the field. 

XT is happy that the prince arrived and he says "of course I would come." XT doesn't realize that it's MLC. 1st prince takes the first shot and hits the mark. The episode ends with MLC riding the horse preparing to take his shot and he winks at XT. 

Thank you so much for this! Its because of you I can enjoy the drama more and get my MLC and XT. I hope you can do ep 14-16 :blush:

8 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Thank you so much for this. It gives us real insight as to how MLC in the drama learned to drive so fast and about other things. But I kinda don’t like the plot at all! I mean how can our sweet MLC be so cold faced all the time!

Yes, in the novel MLC seems kinda bland as a character for me. I love how they flesh out his character in the drama.

XT is also kinda spoilt and rude to a person who saved her life. It makes her seem like those stupid female leads in every other novel but thank god she's at least a bit more considerate and smarter in the drama :sweatingbullets:.

That modern plot seems so uninteresting no wonder they didn't follow the novel.

3 hours ago, selena32 said:

Me too. I'll be impatiently waiting for season 3 as well. And, I agree because they do have a better budget and MLC, the actor's acting has improve so much. 

I LOOOOVE THE KISSING SCENES AS WELL :joy:

It is very real and emotional. 

3 hours ago, golinda27 said:

I think the same thing. Like... where did he learn to kiss like that?! lol 

I watched an a couple eps of the first season yesterday and man, his acting has improved or the character of MLC has improved. So uptight in the first season and this one, so fun and loving!

Yeah I agree. His expression is just on another level. I can't wait to see his acting when meeting S1 QXT again. :blush:

The plot of this season has become more messy. 

Spoiler

There is already two MLC and now there is going to be two XT? Shouldn’t XT should be just one person because she is actually borrowing the body of Qu’Taner? How can one person has two souls to inhabit two bodies at the same time? If not for the amazing chemistry between the leads, I would have just dropped the drama. 

Aigoo!

Haloo everyone. Just watched the latest trailer of the new Blue Pixie princess and Liu Shang. Rest assured! She's not anybody from past or present and not Xiao Tan's doppleganger. She's just a spoilt princess who happens to have an eye for Liu Shang who's so openly challenge her regality.

Archived