[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

Guest dramacf

I came across this article and from Google translate, it seems that the director of this season wanted to change the lead actress to give it a fresh feeling or cos Liang Jie is engaged and they thought it would destroy the illusion of viewers to watch the drama. Thank goodness that didn't push through cos no one can replace Liang Jie as Xiao Tan. The sequel wouldn't be the same without her.

http://www.sd.xinhuanet.com/news/yule/2018-11/07/c_1123675296_2.htm

Also, after re-watching EP12 with subs, I kind of really wish future MLC should just let go of her and let her fall in love naturally with past MLC cos as QXT said whatever future MLC and his Tan'er had gone through it wasn't her. Maybe what future MLC should be thinking is if future self landed in past modern time before QXT met him then in past Dongyue maybe future XQT landed in her rightful timeline in the future.

I was thinking the last scene we got in S1 where both of them were happy could be the finale of Season 2 when future MLC finally figures out how to find a way back to future QXT so maybe he jumps into a deep body of water and when he comes out of it his QXT is there with him and they kiss as what we have seen in that spoiler.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, chubbz said:

A wound on his heart? Liu Shang knew MYH will want to get a sample of his blood to do a test, so he got XT to get duck blood and he placed it near his heart before receiving a stab. XT forgot about the duck blood and brought him back, removed his mask (which is why MLC is shown with the wound) while he was lying on the bed. I think that's a scene from ep 16, near the end.

We were referring to the future episodes when the 8th Prince and MLC will merge. This is seen in the trailer. @golinda27 said that there is one more chest wound scene which is the bed scene of the merge.

17 minutes ago, dramacf said:

I came across this article and from Google translate, it seems that the director of this season wanted to change the lead actress to give it a fresh feeling or cos Liang Jie is engaged and they thought it would destroy the illusion of viewers to watch the drama. Thank goodness that didn't push through cos no one can replace Liang Jie as Xiao Tan. The sequel wouldn't be the same without her.

I just don't get it why director had thought about that.  Even though she is engaged, acting is her job.  She needs to do well in order to get future projects.  Acting together that doesn't mean they have to be together in real life.

12 minutes ago, dramacf said:

Wow. I don’t know why they like to change the casts so much. From what I know, I don’t remember enjoying any drama with a change of leads. If people aren’t feeling it just because Liang Jie is engaged needs to get a grip of reality. I watch a drama because it’s either the plot that intrigues me or the actor/actress that brings the character to life in a memorable way.

idk what it means to give it a new fresh feeling because if I saw MLC with another actress as Xiao Tan lol it’s like he’s cheating on our XT. I like Liang Jie because she has that thing where her character portrayal does not look like she’s desperately trying to look cute or pretty to the camera but the way she delivers the character traits shows her cute and pretty side in this manner. 

I’m actually a little disappointed with this season, Xiao Tan isn’t as aggressive and smartly bold like S1 due to her circumstances as a servant. :sweatingbullets:I’m desperate for her face slapping attitude. 

3 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Thanks for sharing these pictures. Now I gotta go and recollect my thoughts on what's the ending could be.

I'm sure they will end it nicely for us this season and have them both return safely to the modern time.

Guest dramacf
8 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

I just don't get it why director had thought about that.  Even though she is engaged, acting is her job.  She needs to do well in order to get future projects.  Acting together that doesn't mean they have to be together in real life.

IKR?! I would've slapped that director for even thinking he can replace Liang Jie as Tan'er. I wouldn't be watching season 2 if it's not the same leads. I can tolerate it if the support cast were changed but the main leads should by any means be retained. I'm really glad that they didn't move forward with that crappy casting decision or else S2 would flop big time. I'm quite sure of it. 

7 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

You can't say that the future Xiao Tan is using the Princess's body. If she were to be in the same situation as MLC and the 8th Prince, she would be in a disguise. What I found weird was that in S1 we saw her soul transmigrated to Qu Tan Er's body then what happened to her body from the modern world. But once she got sucked into space and time, the body in Dong Yue pulled her to the modern world.

In S2, let's assume that after she dived into the sea her soul again transmigrated but her body died at sea. :sweat_smile:I'm not supposed to believe in logic for this drama but the romance aspect of it but I can't help my curiosity.

What do you mean by at first glance she knew who he was? I don't think I saw anything in her. She looks like those typical foreign Princesses who goes to the capital to seek for help through some sort of political marriage but yea idk why she is showing interest towards Liu Shang.

What I translated was from the youtube video from 1:05 - 1:49 voice over. They are not my analysis.That video was one of the first ones that popped up in Youtube with the princess rumor. After that, there were couple of comments in other videos claiming princess is Xiao Tan. I don't know what first glance means. It's just a translation of the voice over of saying "at first glance, she recognized MLC and knew the identity of Liu Shang." 

34 minutes ago, dramacf said:

I wouldn't have watch if they changed her to the other girl. Although I like that girl in another drama too. But nothing beats Little Liang Jie. Her mischief didn't over do. And the chemistry she and Xie had are so much like Joe And Ariel. They matched on screen perfectly!

Guest dramacf
7 minutes ago, moon-flower said:

at first glance, she recognized MLC and knew the identity of Liu Shang." 

Maybe what the voice over meant here was the foreign princess recognized MLC was a prince and Liu Shang was in a disguise but she doesn't know Liu Shang's original identity?

It's not like everyone knows that MLC is a prince unless probably if that person is from Dongyue but a foreign princess recognizing MLC as a prince means she knows how to appraise a person thereby also recognizing that Liu Shang is in a disguise but wouldn't know who exactly was Liu Shang's original identity.

16 minutes ago, moon-flower said:

What I translated was from the youtube video from 1:05 - 1:49 voice over. They are not my analysis.That video was one of the first ones that popped up in Youtube with the princess rumor. After that, there were couple of comments in other videos claiming princess is Xiao Tan. I don't know what first glance means. It's just a translation of the voice over of saying "at first glance, she recognized MLC and knew the identity of Liu Shang." 

Ahh sorry about that, I was a bit absorbed with my writing. 

10 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

He got shot by an arrow in S1 Ep 14, we assume that after he came to the modern world he went for a tattoo to hide scar but I'm also not sure why he would do that.

Yeah..The flower tattoo was kinda weird...if anything, he should have made it into a rose.  Since that is her favorite flower..

5 hours ago, monchoo said:

Just wanna share a tiny weeny bit of news spotted by fans at early Oct. No confirmation of how true but I think it’s quite trustworthy. 

Fans reported to to have spotted xiao tan and cheng cheng at a certain supermarket. She was in a trolley where he pushes her around shelves. Fans ended statement with how she wished it was true but it was a just scene shot for the eternal love!

Does that mean their ending will be living in the modern world?:wub:

eh i hate this modern world stuff does mean they wont explore the fantasy world again qq#

I think this drama is turning into a bit of a mess we have original Xiao Tan and her child which apparently no-one cares about? Then we have 2 versions of 8th prince wondering around..

If this newer 8th Prince does not get this Xiao Tan then hes alone and loses the one he loves but then so does the original 8th prince if she goes with the newer 8th prince unless the other Xiao Tan turns up.. We know that Xiao Tan gets memories of the other her though so this drama is actually a confusing mess. 

If the Original Xiao Tan does not turn up then ill actually be quite annoyed because what about the KID and what about this new 8th prince.. 

Guest dramacf
21 hours ago, joohoney1hunnit said:

I hope she do remember everything eventually even though she's not the real real XT from season 1. I know they're the same person but i want S1 XT bc she's the one from the start. Am i the only one who's devastated bc of this?  :bawling: 

I don't think she will remember unless by some magical means cos this isn't S1 QXT. She doesn't have S1 QXT's memories so she will not remember anything. I'm probably the few ones who is rooting for past MLC and past QXT to end up together. Future MLC has a life-death bond with future QXT so if future MLC isn't dead yet that means future QXT is still alive somewhere probably in a different timeline in a different dimension which I think is where the soul orb comes into play. Maybe it can summon future QXT and the two MLCs can work together to obtain it so that past QXT can freely/naturally fall in love with past MLC and future MLC can get to future QXT where ever she maybe. Note that the life-death bond future MLC has isn't with this version of QXT but future QXT. I hope they don't forget that. The magical life-death bond done was between S1 QXT and S1 MLC.

1 hour ago, dramacf said:

I don't think she will remember unless by some magical means cos this isn't S1 QXT. She doesn't have S1 QXT's memories so she will not remember anything. I'm probably the few ones who is rooting for past MLC and past QXT to end up together. Future MLC has a life-death bond with future QXT so if future MLC isn't dead yet that means future QXT is still alive somewhere probably in a different timeline in a different dimension which I think is where the soul orb comes into play. Maybe it can summon future QXT and the two MLCs can work together to obtain it so that past QXT can freely/naturally fall in love with past MLC and future MLC can get to future QXT where ever she maybe. Note that the life-death bond future MLC has isn't with this version of QXT but future QXT. I hope they don't forget that. The magical life-death bond done was between S1 QXT and S1 MLC.

I was actually just thinking about the life-death bond yesterday and I realize that she's not gone or dead bc future MLC would have die already. So, I'm just rooting that they reunite eventually. Can't wait! I hope they didn't forget that important life-death bond thing too.

21 hours ago, Wotad said:

I want s1 XT as well but dont think its happened so shes all alone? 

I think she's alone right now. My theory is that S1 MLC will go back eventually. Bc i just realize that she can't be dead because of the life-death bond thing. So, finger crossed that they'll reunite.

19 minutes ago, joohoney1hunnit said:

I was actually just thinking about the life-death bond yesterday and I realize that she's not gone or dead bc future MLC would have die already. So, I'm just rooting that they reunite eventually. Can't wait! I hope they didn't forget that important life-death bond thing too.

I think she's alone right now. My theory is that S1 MLC will go back eventually. Bc i just realize that she can't be dead because of the life-death bond thing. So, finger crossed that they'll reunite.

Yeah if she doesnt come back then its a plot hole. 

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Yeah if she doesnt come back then its a plot hole. 

I think the whole beginning of the second season is a plot hole and it sets up the whole season to be full of them. The last ep of season 1 when XT wakes up in the modern world she wonders whether she had a dream and where her Cheng Cheng was. He then grabs her hand in modern clothing and runs with her. So she clearly remembers him when she wakes up and they are in the same timeframe.

However, at the beginning of the second season, she doesn’t remember him and he wakes up on a building rooftop in ancient clothing. So very different from the end of season 1. I think that there are some connections to season one but I would take them lightly. 

Edit: MLC seems to be convinced that she has just forgotten him. For example, when he shows her snow villa the first time and she comments on the roses and how it’s déjà-vous, he seemed to have hope that she’s remembering. 

Things I love about this new Mo Lian Cheng is that:

1. He loves Xiao Tan very much and is not afraid to show it

2. He flirts alot

3. Teases alot

4. Gives really warm feelings

5. Very posessive and protective of Xiao Tan to the point that he does not even care about his own safety

6. Much more seductive than the virgin 8th Prince who is probably clueless on how to seduce a girl

7. Is a hell of a kisser

8. Have a really naughty and playful side

9. He's all about getting her in his bed, similar to the first season. But what I really like to see is the way he behaves like a husband usually would whenever he wakes up beside him. All warm and cuddly.

10. And that kiss he gave her while she was hugging Mo Yi Huai? Gosh, that was super hot. As if literally telling her he doesn't care if she is in another man's arms, because he knew it in his heart she belongs to him and he could make her think of him even when she's with someone else.

Gosh...the list can go on and on forever, and I'd be sitting in front of the monitor, fangirling about him. :tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, golinda27 said:

I think the whole beginning of the second season is a plot hole and it sets up the whole season to be full of them. The last ep of season 1 when XT wakes up in the modern world she wonders whether she had a dream and where her Cheng Cheng was. He then grabs her hand in modern clothing and runs with her. So she clearly remembers him when she wakes up and they are in the same timeframe.

However, at the beginning of the second season, she doesn’t remember him and he wakes up on a building rooftop in ancient clothing. So very different from the end of season 1. I think that there are some connections to season one but I would take them lightly. 

Edit: MLC seems to be convinced that she has just forgotten him. For example, when he shows her snow villa the first time and she comments on the roses and how it’s déjà-vous, he seemed to have hope that she’s remembering. 

Im just guessing ignore that scene at end of season 1 they probs didnt think of a s2 there. 

I wanted the fantasy realm explored more i wanted to see what happened to her child etc.. but i guess were not going to see that? 

19 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

Things I love about this new Mo Lian Cheng is that:

1. He loves Xiao Tan very much and is not afraid to show it

2. He flirts alot

3. Teases alot

4. Gives really warm feelings

5. Very posessive and protective of Xiao Tan to the point that he does not even care about his own safety

6. Much more seductive than the virgin 8th Prince who is probably clueless on how to seduce a girl

7. Is a hell of a kisser

8. Have a really naughty and playful side

9. He's all about getting her in his bed, similar to the first season. But what I really like to see is the way he behaves like a husband usually would whenever he wakes up beside him. All warm and cuddly.

10. And that kiss he gave her while she was hugging Mo Yi Huai? Gosh, that was super hot. As if literally telling her he doesn't care if she is in another man's arms, because he knew it in his heart she belongs to him and he could make her think of him even when she's with someone else.

Gosh...the list can go on and on forever, and I'd be sitting in front of the monitor, fangirling about him. :tounge_xd:

I love your list and agree with all of it, which is why I never want him to go away!

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

Im just guessing ignore that scene at end of season 1 they probs didnt think of a s2 there. 

I wanted the fantasy realm explored more i wanted to see what happened to her child etc.. but i guess were not going to see that? 

There's a small part of me that feels like we'll see what happens to their child. Just in case no one has seen ep. 13...

Spoiler

MLC disguised as LS does make mention of their son and how he's in another world. He goes into a bit of detail in terms of how XT acted when she was pregnant, which gives me hope that they're going to close that gap. He mentions that their son is in another world and his wife has forgotten him. 

My ideal situation (even though it totally defies logic but let's be honest, MLC learning to drive after simply watching someone already defies that) is that MLC and 8th prince merge to become one person, XT regains her memories and defies the logic of a future her floating around somewhere (lol!) and somehow they get their son back (haven't thought that far... I have no logic defying theories for that one lol). 

16 eps in, we've all just fallen in love with the current XT and MLC that throwing the future XT wrench in just doesn't make sense... to me anyway.

Archived